PDA

View Full Version : FFL screwing up on handgun serial number

TBX
05-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey there,

My buddy went recently bought a new handgun from Alquist Arms in Turlock, CA. He was originally deciding upon a Glock 19 or XD9 (let's not debate handguns here.. it was his wife's ultimate decision). Well, anyway he bought the XD9. It turned out there were 2 issues when he returned 10 days later: (1) DOJ has a hold on him due to a DUI 3 years ago and (2) the employee DROSd him for a XD40 serial number.

DOJ said they'll decide whether or not he'll be cleared within the next 5 to 10 business days.. I'm assuming DOJ will clear him for the XD40. My buddy said the FFL is trying to work on getting the XD40/XD9 mix-up resolved and he will not have to pay another $25. They told him it'll be a matter of a few days.

Question is: Is the FFL going to DROS the XD9 or is there a certain procedures for them screwing up? If so, will there be a 30 day waiting period since it was initially DROSd for the xd40 as a brand new gun?

HowardW56
05-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Hey there,

My buddy went recently bought a new handgun from Alquist Arms in Turlock, CA. He was originally deciding upon a Glock 19 or XD9 (let's not debate handguns here.. it was his wife's ultimate decision). Well, anyway he bought the XD9. It turned out there were 2 issues when he returned 10 days later: (1) DOJ has a hold on him due to a DUI 3 years ago and (2) the employee DROSd him for a XD40 serial number.

DOJ said they'll decide whether or not he'll be cleared within the next 5 to 10 business days.. I'm assuming DOJ will clear him for the XD40. My buddy said the FFL is trying to work on getting the XD40/XD9 mix-up resolved and he will not have to pay another $25. They told him it'll be a matter of a few days.

Question is: Is the FFL going to DROS the XD9 or is there a certain procedures for them screwing up? If so, will there be a 30 day waiting period since it was initially DROSd for the xd40 as a brand new gun?

There is a procedure for an FFL to correct a mistake on a DROS.

hawk1
05-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Go over to the FFL Forum and get a direct answer from those that know on how they can remedy the serial number mix up..

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=168