PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Brady Campaign Editorial

Calguns2000
05-03-2012, 7:13 AM
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1202550419791&The_gun_lobby_fairweather_federalists

jdberger
05-03-2012, 7:42 AM
Hysterical.

Lowy credits the Sullivan act for recent crime reductions in NYC.

And that's just the first couple paragraphs.

Wherryj
05-03-2012, 9:05 AM
Hysterical.

Lowy credits the Sullivan act for recent crime reductions in NYC.

And that's just the first couple paragraphs.

Not just that, the opening title suggested that those who support the second amendment are "supporters of big government", yet flip flop to being against big government when it comes to health care.

How is supporting the constitution being EITHER a statist or a federalist? I thought that it was being a CITIZEN? I also don't see it as being at odds in the least to be against states that restrict Constitutionally protected innate rights and against a federal government that is trying to overstep its authority.

BlindRacer
05-03-2012, 9:29 AM
I'm actually a little speechless. I don't even know what to say to that. The minds of these people are so backwards. I wonder if they actually believe what they are saying.

These people must walk into Pizza Hut, order a Subway Sandwich, then call the cashier crazy when they say they don't sell that here. And truly believe that they are the sane ones.

jdberger
05-03-2012, 9:55 AM
It's a transparent ploy to convince Democrats that the NRA doesn't really like them. Mr. Lowy is trying to say to Dems that the folks who support the NRA are NEVER going to support any Democrats, anywhere, ever. Therefore, why should Dems reciprocate. CSGV s running the same campaign, right now.
It's a throwback to the fallacy that Gun Rights are about Left and Right and not civil rights.
Of course this flies in the face of the NRA's support for Democrats who like guns (Harry Reid, etc.)

stix213
05-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Why do these morons not understand?....

Bearing arms is a right secured in the federal constitution. That should mean that the federal congress should have the power to enforce that right, and to a small degree to regulate it as long as they are still abiding by it.

The power to require the purchase of a healthcare plan by all Americans though is not a power delegated to the federal government by the constitution, so according to the 10th ammendment it is reserved to the states.

RazzB7
05-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I guess I should have foreseen that George Zimmerman was going to become fodder to use against national reciprocity. :rolleyes: