PDA

View Full Version : One in 30 pelosi

bplvr
05-02-2012, 7:01 PM
......so how many months are yins stretched out to pick up yur short toys?

I'm into 2013 and I have an 03 and a COE. How idiotic. I guess I just need a longer "cooling off" period. :mad:..:mad:..:mad:..
If it wasn't for that, I'd be forced to knock over a liquor store. :rolleyes:

I'm amazed that a state can restrict you from buying more 'property'.

daybreak
05-02-2012, 7:04 PM
are you saying you've bought more pistols than you can DROS in 2012? awesome.

zfields
05-02-2012, 7:06 PM
has someone been hitting the bottle?

bplvr
05-02-2012, 7:14 PM
has someone been hitting the bottle?
Nope. In this idiot state we can only buy one pistol a month.
I guess it is difficult to grasp in a Free State.
We live with this pelosi.

Ubermcoupe
05-02-2012, 7:17 PM
03 + COE = >1 every 30. :shrug:

I think you may need to double check with your FFL about 1/30 exempt purchases.

zfields
05-02-2012, 7:24 PM

I'm from CA, I know the laws.
was trying to decode this sentence.

timdps
05-02-2012, 7:40 PM
I'm into 2013 and I have an 03 and a COE. How idiotic. I guess I just need a longer "cooling off" period. :mad:..:mad:..:mad:..

Huh? With an 03 and a COE, there is NO 1/30 limit for handguns. You can take them all home at once. Sounds like your FFL needs some education...

Tim

bplvr
05-02-2012, 7:43 PM
I'm from CA, I know the laws.
was trying to decode this sentence.

I'm from Pa. :) ....so who else has pistols backed up to ??? for a DROS ?

Is anyone backed up to 2014 yet ? ie: 18 bought and waiting ??

CalGunners buy a LOT of guns. :D

littlejake
05-03-2012, 7:40 AM
There are some local jurisdictions that have their own 1 in 30 limit that's not exempted by a C&R +COE --- city of L.A. is one. But, the OP says he's in San Diego -- and I am unaware of any local limit there.

cwin
05-03-2012, 7:49 AM
I'm confused. Haha

dfletcher
05-03-2012, 9:06 AM

You have a C & R FFL and a COE. You can buy as many new or used from "dealer stock" handguns, modern or C & R eligible,as you like with no "1 per 30" day restriction. You still must wait 10 days to pick up a modern (not C & R eligible) handgun but other than that, you're fine.

I live in CA. I have a C & R FFL and a COE. Several times I've bought modern from dealer stock 2 or 3 guns within 30 days. I don't see why you can't do the same.

nocomply25
05-03-2012, 9:14 AM
I'm confused. Haha

+1...wtf

paul0660
05-03-2012, 9:19 AM
You still must wait 10 days to pick up a modern (not C & R eligible) handgun

You have to wait 10 days for any handgun.

JackRydden224
05-03-2012, 9:43 AM
I'm just jealous that you have the funds to pick up 12 handguns a year and I'm assuming you are not picking up $150 Hi Point pistols either.

Damn. I honestly can't say I know how that feels. 1 in 30 is not even a problem for me due to the lack of funding LOL

keenkeen
05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
On a side note...

I thought I read last year that there was an opinion floating around that the 1 in 30 exemption did not apply to "Modern" handgun purchases with your 03...

Has this been sorted out?

littlejake
05-03-2012, 1:27 PM
You have to wait 10 days for any handgun.

Not so. A C&R handgun can be taken home the day you DROS it if the buyer has both a C&R and a COE.

Been there and done that...

paul0660
05-03-2012, 1:40 PM
Not so. A C&R handgun can be taken home the day you DROS it if the buyer has both a C&R and a COE.

Been there and done that...

Well I did not know that.

And still don't believe it. Assuming you speak about California. The exception in the code is not springing to view, but I am not completely at ease with the new numbers.

bplvr
05-03-2012, 2:21 PM

And still don't believe it. Assuming you speak about California. The exception in the code is not springing to view, but I am not completely at ease with the new numbers.

Ca. PC12078{T}{1} = no 10 day wait for a C&R pistol with an 03 and a COE
AND you can walk out with more than one ......

dfletcher
05-03-2012, 2:21 PM

He's correct, I've done the deal many times - C & R + COE = carry it home same day on a C & R eligible long gun and handgun. I forget the specific law but someone else will post it. IIRC it's worded as an exception, such as "everyone must wait 10 days to pick up their gat, however the following are exempt from this restriction on eligible firearms". There's no separate law reading "If you have a C & R and COE you're exempt from the 10 day wait on C & R eligible guns".

For the price of a C & R FFL and a COE - you make your money back in saved gas and tolls, never mind the big on line discounts.

ke6guj
05-03-2012, 3:09 PM

here is the new PC,

27670. (a) The waiting period described in Section 27540 does not
apply to the sale, delivery, loan, or transfer of a firearm if all of
the following conditions are satisfied:
(1) The firearm is a curio or relic, as defined in Section 478.11
of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, or its successor.
(2) The sale, delivery, loan, or transfer is made by a dealer.
(3) The sale, delivery, loan, or transfer is made to a person who
is licensed as a collector pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with
Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the
regulations issued pursuant thereto.
(4) The licensed collector has a current certificate of
eligibility issued by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section
(b) On the date that the sale, delivery, or transfer is made, the
dealer delivering the firearm shall transmit to the Department of
Justice an electronic or telephonic report of the transaction as is
indicated in Section 28160 or 28165.

wjc
05-03-2012, 3:25 PM
I'm from Pa. :) ....so who else has pistols backed up to ??? for a DROS ?

Is anyone backed up to 2014 yet ? ie: 18 bought and waiting ??

CalGunners buy a LOT of guns. :D

I knew you where from PA!! Pittsburgh by any chance?

They're the only ones that say "yuns".

:D

bplvr
05-03-2012, 5:45 PM
I knew you where from PA!! Pittsburgh by any chance?

They're the only ones that say "yuns".

:D

That's "Picksboig" for yins that are interested. And yes, I still red up my room and put my clothes in da warsh.
I'm from da sout side of da Burg.We usta sit on the end of the 'Bridge to Nowhere" and drink Orange Driver.

wireless
05-03-2012, 5:57 PM
I understand that the state might want to make us wait 3-5 days if it was my first firearms purchase. I don't really agree with it, but I'd be willing to put up with it.

But once I own a firearm, why make me keep waiting? The entire waiting period and limiting the amount of guns I can purchase becomes mute if I already own a firearm.

Argh california:rolleyes: . I couldn't live anywhere else, but our gun laws are so stuck in in party politics.

timdps
05-03-2012, 6:26 PM
There is an extensive thread here regarding COE and 1 in 30. People having problems buying multiple handguns (C&R and/or modern) is usually because the FFL is entering the wrong exemption code for the transaction.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=449449

DOJ does not like that this applies to modern guns, so spreads FUD to FFLs as much as it can. CalGuns prevents FUD!

Tim

alfred1222
05-03-2012, 6:31 PM
I thought its only 1/30 if you buy a handgun from a dealers inventory and you can have as many PPT handguns as you want. And I'm +10 on the "wtf are you saying"

kauaibuilt
05-03-2012, 6:39 PM
That's "Picksboig" for yins that are interested. And yes, I still red up my room and put my clothes in da warsh.
I'm from da sout side of da Burg.We usta sit on the end of the 'Bridge to Nowhere" and drink Orange Driver.

ROFL! I lived in Robinson right by settlers park - worked at UPMC Shadyside and St Margarets.... I actually liked living out there but hey, I only did it for a year.

mleroux21
05-03-2012, 7:45 PM
As to the original poster I am out to January 2013. Although, I am in the process of getting my 03 and COE so hopefully it won't be that long. I am in Cali so hopefully in two months i can do a nice pick up.

joefrank64k
05-03-2012, 7:55 PM

It's true...did it last month for a CZ50 shipped from out of state. DROS'd and out the door in about 20 minutes.

DannyInSoCal
05-03-2012, 8:18 PM
The "03FFL/COE Combo" to avoid the "1 in 30" rule for handguns -

And simply walk out with your C&R pistol/rifle while avoiding the ten day DROS should be a sticky.

I've never heard of it until now -

Got my 03 - Getting my COE from the DOJ/FBI ASAP.

Any have experience with FFL's in OC familiar with this program...?