PDA

View Full Version : Glockstore Collaborated Glock 34

kahai808
05-02-2012, 5:48 PM
Here is my G34 that was built by Glockstore (Vince) and myself. They have an awesome staff at the Glockstore. Very knowledgeable!!!!! This is the gun i use for the matches (Norco, Esco, Rainbow). Its a shooter and i have no complaints about it. Check out the vid for all the specs. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMm4_0q2_yk

Iggy
05-02-2012, 6:29 PM
Nice setup. What class are you running this gun in?

locosway
05-02-2012, 6:41 PM
I like the video of the G17 that Glockworx put together for you. I need to get a beater Glock so I can do a few things like that to it. :)

kahai808
05-02-2012, 7:35 PM
Thanks Loco. Its a great gun. i've since done a few things to it. as soon as i get it back from the shop i'll post an update

locosway
05-02-2012, 7:40 PM
Thanks Loco. Its a great gun. i've since done a few things to it. as soon as i get it back from the shop i'll post an update

I run two RTF2's right now, so I don't have a need for stippling or any of that. I would like to pickup a beater and do the slide work (less the window) and the cera coat. I love the FDE/OD Glock look.

I use my guns for teaching my tactical classes mainly, not competing, so all of my mods are purposeful and slight. I'd like to try out some of the custom triggers but for the most part they have no place on guns like mine.

kahai808
05-02-2012, 9:34 PM
I run two RTF2's right now, so I don't have a need for stippling or any of that. I would like to pickup a beater and do the slide work (less the window) and the cera coat. I love the FDE/OD Glock look.

I use my guns for teaching my tactical classes mainly, not competing, so all of my mods are purposeful and slight. I'd like to try out some of the custom triggers but for the most part they have no place on guns like mine.

My G17 was definitely a play project. my G34 and my G19 do very well in tactical classes. the stippling helps alot. im not a fan of the Gen3 grips at all. you should really look into the Fulcrum triggers. theres alot you can do with them. you can set them light for comp or heavy classes. depending on what you like. the G17 is just stupid lol. its at 2lbs. its turning into a open gun. all the cuts make the slide real light and i added a comp to cut recoil to almost nothing. running an RMR. it should be fun. if your in socal you should come out to the Norco Steel Madness this sunday!

locosway
05-02-2012, 9:37 PM
My G17 was definitely a play project. my G34 and my G19 do very well in tactical classes. the stippling helps alot. im not a fan of the Gen3 grips at all. you should really look into the Fulcrum triggers. theres alot you can do with them. you can set them light for comp or heavy classes. depending on what you like. the G17 is just stupid lol. its at 2lbs. its turning into a open gun. all the cuts make the slide real light and i added a comp to cut recoil to almost nothing. running an RMR. it should be fun. if your in socal you should come out to the Norco Steel Madness this sunday!

As soon as my work schedule changes in the next couple weeks I'll start shooting a lot more! :D

Oceanbob
05-02-2012, 9:39 PM
Good info and great Video..!...

Vince and the crew down at GLOCKSTORE are good people.!!

h0use
05-02-2012, 9:44 PM
nice looking glock

kahai808
05-03-2012, 6:34 AM
thanks fellas

shayski
05-03-2012, 12:42 PM
looks great man! you must be shooting limited with the trigger job. you should go all out and move into unlimited and put a compensated barrel rework your springs and you would have the smoothest glock out there.

kahai808
05-03-2012, 5:28 PM
looks great man! you must be shooting limited with the trigger job. you should go all out and move into unlimited and put a compensated barrel rework your springs and you would have the smoothest glock out there.

nope im still in production. i have an open gun. i worked the G17 up. still getting used to it

Iggy
05-03-2012, 8:47 PM
I thought the 34 is stickily forbidden from production?

shayski
05-03-2012, 8:59 PM
nope im still in production. i have an open gun. i worked the G17 up. still getting used to it

How are you still in production? The 3.5lbs trigger connector would be limited. Do you swap it out back to stock? I also shoot a g34 production and best i could come up with was a super polish on on my trigger. i got it to 4lbs.

shayski
05-03-2012, 9:06 PM

No its the best gun for production because its the best competition gun you can buy. Production simply means a gun thats off the shelf. All you can do is exterior coloring, grip tape on the grip only, polish the trigger (all interior parts must be from glock).

JaeOne3345
05-03-2012, 10:07 PM

That's only in IPSC, not USPSA/IDPA Production/SSP.

I think you mean open. Theres more to an open class gun than a barrel and trigger as well.

How are you still in production? The 3.5lbs trigger connector would be limited. Do you swap it out back to stock? I also shoot a g34 production and best i could come up with was a super polish on on my trigger. i got it to 4lbs.

Who told you that? An OEM 3.5 connector itself puts you in limited? That isn't true, dude. You cannot have a trigger that is externally modified (this includes relocation of pivot pin holes, etc)

www.uspsa.org
www.brianenos.com

For USPSA Production, or even IDPA SSP, there is no way that is a Production gun with a Fulcrum trigger, recontoured grip, and an extended oversized mag release. Unless I am mistaken and you are talking about a different gun or a different sanctioning body.

Nobody may call you on it at a local match, but if you took that gun to a larger area/national, it wouldn't fly.

Nice setup. What class are you running this gun in?

Class is more akin to skill level.

Division is the term used for rules/equipment guidelines.

kahai808
05-03-2012, 11:36 PM

Division is the term used for equipment guidelines.

Jae, your right im definitely not production, i have no idea why i said that!

HighLander51
05-04-2012, 6:04 AM

Division is the term used for rules/equipment guidelines.

These guys are not talking about sanctioned competitions, like USPSA/IDPA/Steel Challenge, USPSA MultiGun, just local matches with local rules.

Norco Steel is not the Steel Challenge.

shayski
05-04-2012, 6:59 AM
Who told you that? An OEM 3.5 connector itself puts you in limited? That isn't true, dude. You cannot have a trigger that is externally modified (this includes relocation of pivot pin holes, etc)

www.uspsa.org
www.brianenos.com

i am reading the uspsa rules and regulations book to try to give accurate information. as far as i can see to remain in production class no internals can be changed from stock (as far as the make) There is to be no guide rod exchanges except with stock glock polymer, trigger and connector must remain (stock trigger pull on 34 is aprox. 5.5lbs) firing pin and saftey plunger stock. you cant even put grip tape on your slide and stay production. i know that im most matches no one checks out the guns but in competition all these things are looked at. now this is my summary from the uspsa hand book on production class requirements. however to fully understand that book i think you need a law degree.

Ub3rDorK
05-04-2012, 7:25 AM
Read appendix D4 here http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf

JaeOne3345
05-04-2012, 8:03 AM
These guys are not talking about sanctioned competitions, like USPSA/IDPA/Steel Challenge, USPSA MultiGun, just local matches with local rules.

Norco Steel is not the Steel Challenge.

https://sites.google.com/site/ssaresults/ssa-classification

JaeOne3345
05-04-2012, 8:07 AM
i am reading the uspsa rules and regulations book to try to give accurate information. as far as i can see to remain in production class no internals can be changed from stock (as far as the make) There is to be no guide rod exchanges except with stock glock polymer, trigger and connector must remain (stock trigger pull on 34 is aprox. 5.5lbs) firing pin and saftey plunger stock. you cant even put grip tape on your slide and stay production. i know that im most matches no one checks out the guns but in competition all these things are looked at. now this is my summary from the uspsa hand book on production class requirements. however to fully understand that book i think you need a law degree.

Read 21.5

• Strikers, sears, springs, connectors/disconnectors, and any other part which is NOT visible when the gun is in battery is considered an INTERNAL part and may be modified or replaced unless otherwise prohibited in these provisions (see section 22 for spe- cific prohibitions).

• Guide rods are considered an “internal part” and may be modified and/or replaced with OEM or after- market guide rods even though part of the guide rod is externally visible when the gun is in battery. Note that the weight limits in D4-18 remain in force and relevant.

kahai808
05-04-2012, 8:25 AM
Let's relax guys! This thread was to take a look at the G34! Let's enjoy that! If we want to grumble about rules start another thread please. I'm purely a local match kind of guy and the rules are not enforced. 95% of the guys that come out is there just to have fun! And no one really cares what u shoot! Thanks for showing so much interest!

JaeOne3345
05-04-2012, 8:33 AM
No disrespect was meant. I'm just saving someone from being misinformed. I am all for more people getting out to matches. I am just making sure people really understand what's going on. Merely presenting facts. Nothing more. I see people all the time who come out there with what they think is X, but is really Y.

Sorry.

HighLander51
05-04-2012, 8:35 AM
I'm purely a local match kind of guy and the rules are not enforced.

So what's stopping you from shooting a USPSA match?

kahai808
05-04-2012, 9:42 AM
So what's stopping you from shooting a USPSA match?

Nothing is stopping me. I just choose to do the combat matches. Plus I don't think I'm any good to shoot uspsa matches

kahai808
05-04-2012, 9:45 AM
No disrespect was meant. I'm just saving someone from being misinformed. I am all for more people getting out to matches. I am just making sure people really understand what's going on. Merely presenting facts. Nothing more. I see people all the time who come out there with what they think is X, but is really Y.

Sorry.

None taken. It's very good information! Maybe you should do a break down of the rule book? I know that people would appreciate a little interpretation.

HighLander51
05-04-2012, 9:49 AM
Plus I don't think I'm any good to shoot uspsa matches

No, your videos show you are good engough. Jump in, grip it and rip it. Pay no attention to Jae, he will only use the rules against you if you beat him in class and division....

kahai808
05-04-2012, 9:54 AM
No, your videos show you are good engough. Jump in, grip it and rip it. Pay no attention to Jae, he will only use the rules against you if you beat him in class and division....

Jae has good information! And to keep it fair they have rules. I just need to figure out where my gun falls into. Maybe ESP? I need to read more. I may hit a IDPA match before I delpoy

kahai808
05-04-2012, 9:55 AM
Would I fall into Limited for Uspsa?

JaeOne3345
05-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Gordon.. a s s! LOL jk.. (kahai808, we shoot with each other. He's just giving me a hard time.)

Your gun as it sits right now would be ok to shoot in limited or limited-10 for USPSA.

You would be scored Minor (as opposed to Major) because of the 9mm caliber of the G34.

Thinking you are not that good is wrong, dude! On Saturday, JoJo (A Grand Master and IPSC Modified world champ) and the crew take newer shooters all day. Super friendly.

Based on your video you already have safe handling skills down so there is nothing to worry about.

USPSA has shooters from GrandMaster all the way down to D class ability. Everyone starts somewhere.

In the grand scheme of things I am still a noob myself.

I was lucky enough to have people like Highlander51 above take me under their wing and show me the basic ropes. They will do the same for you. That is how the sport grows.

Squid
05-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Basically the longest barrel for 'regular' pistol.

HighLander51
05-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Jae has good information! . Maybe ESP? I need to read more. I may hit a IDPA match before I delpoy

Except I don't think Jae has shot an IDPA match yet, at least not with his STI.... Without knowing all the exact mods you did, you would no longer be in SSP, and maybe not even in ESP. At the local level, and for your first match, it won't matter. There is no equipment inspection.

Sounds like Limited for USPSA, but you would be shooting minor in a division where almost everyone is running major, and take a real hit on the points scored. Again, at the local level, that's not so important.

Both Pala and Oceanside run USPSA and IDPA matches, plus it looks like Lemon Grove is running an IDPA match.

HighLander51
05-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Jae, get back to work! See you tomorrow....

shayski
05-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Read 21.5

• Strikers, sears, springs, connectors/disconnectors, and any other part which is NOT visible when the gun is in battery is considered an INTERNAL part and may be modified or replaced unless otherwise prohibited in these provisions (see section 22 for spe- cific prohibitions).

• Guide rods are considered an “internal part” and may be modified and/or replaced with OEM or after- market guide rods even though part of the guide rod is externally visible when the gun is in battery. Note that the weight limits in D4-18 remain in force and relevant.

section 22 of appendix d4 prohibits said modifications including safety functions of the trigger and plunger, removal of material from the grip, external plungers and mag well.

SouperMan
05-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

JaeOne3345
05-04-2012, 1:13 PM
section 22 of appendix d4 prohibits said modifications including safety functions of the trigger and plunger, removal of material from the grip, external plungers and mag well.

I will PM you. I won't clog the guys thread anymore. But you are misinformed.

w6mvr
05-05-2012, 1:05 PM
I do not share your good opinion of the GlockStore. I ordered a Fulcrum trigger kit from them one month ago and received a used part that was missing pieces. Their customer service said they would send a new one the next day but it never arrived and they will not answer my requests for status. I will not order from them again.

kahai808
05-05-2012, 4:57 PM
w6mvr im sorry you had a bad experience with them. do you live in Socal?

05-05-2012, 5:23 PM
Lokks pretty sweet! I been thinking about getting a grip reduction and stippling done to my G17.
I have the beaver tail grip adapter right now and like it but still feels chunky in my baby hands...

w6mvr
05-05-2012, 10:54 PM
kahai808 - yes I live in LA.