PDA

View Full Version : Beretta M9 hunt

DArBad
05-02-2012, 5:39 PM
I am looking for the real Beretta M9 (USA commercial model), not the Beretta 92fs, and they seem nowhere to be found.

Kindly let me know if the LGS in your area has one.

Thanks.

rogervzv
05-02-2012, 5:43 PM
The M9s tend to show up in waves, which I assume means that Beretta ships them in production runs. I will check Turners in a few days. I have a 92fs (Italy-made) and an M9A1 (USA-made) and love 'em both!!

deltax
05-02-2012, 5:48 PM
Seems like every time I've gone to Insight Shooting Range in Artesia they've had them. Pretty far from the bay area though.

KeithG
05-02-2012, 7:22 PM
Turners had them on sale in the spring catalog, I think. I've got my sights set on the M9A1 and they have those too, but not on sale.

What attracts you to the M9 over the M9A1? Perhaps I should reconsider....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

NapaCountyShooter
05-02-2012, 9:25 PM
My buddy Sage at Dingo guns in Napa has one NIB right now.
http://dingoguns.com/In_Stock___Transfers.html

iidx
05-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Davidson's shows 32 in stock right now.

Not sure where you are in the bay area, but there's probably a Davidson's re-seller in your area that you can buy it from.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/retailer/

Use this link to find a location near you. Some of the guys operate out of their homes. I bought my 92fs via this method. Price is not bad either, $599 for the M9 or 92fs from the guy I bought mine from.

I'm pretty sure that major stores like Bullseye are on their list as well.

dachan
05-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Here's one in the Bay Area, brand new in sealed box, better deal than any LGS or shipped in from Buds
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=456595

GunHo
05-03-2012, 9:48 AM
Would this M9 be considered a USA commercial model? I bought this used at Target Master in Milpital about 5 months ago. Before buying, I did a ton of research on the differences between M9 vs 92fs and went in one big circle. Throughout the months after having it, I found both models to be exactly the same. That said, maybe you can shed some light on the differences and why you choose M9 over 92fs?

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh581/testarija/P1000389.jpg

DArBad
05-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Would this M9 be considered a USA commercial model? I bought this used at Target Master in Milpital about 5 months ago. Before buying, I did a ton of research on the differences between M9 vs 92fs and went in one big circle. Throughout the months after having it, I found both models to be exactly the same. That said, maybe you can shed some light on the differences and why you choose M9 over 92fs?

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh581/testarija/P1000389.jpg

Not much difference, really. Just a matter of preference, that's all.

The sights come to mind, 3-dots on the fs, post on the M9. The backstrap--more curvy on the fs, more straigth on the M9.

geeknow
05-03-2012, 10:43 AM
fairly regular item at ammo bros.

DArBad
05-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Turners had them on sale in the spring catalog, I think. I've got my sights set on the M9A1 and they have those too, but not on sale.

What attracts you to the M9 over the M9A1? Perhaps I should reconsider....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Not much, just prefer the " cleaner " front strap of the M9 and the non-captive recoil spring setup.

Oh, and of course, the cache of the name, if you know what I mean;)

sneather
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Not much, just prefer the " cleaner " front strap of the M9 and the non-captive recoil spring setup.

Oh, and of course, the cache of the name, if you know what I mean;)

Neither the 92FS, M9, or M9A1 have a captive recoil spring. They each come with the standard cheap plastic one. Maybe you're thinking about the 92A1? Or maybe those plastic-fantastic models?

orangeusa
05-03-2012, 11:36 AM
I want a 92A1.. damn...

BTW - I'm selling a 92F M9 slide. Pre 92FS, i.e. uses smaller hammer pin.... Very little lettering.

But the M9 allure - I don't get either. A little less lettering. As to the backstrap, I have a 92FS with straight backstrap.... I DO like the older guns with all metal triggers, safeties, ect... :)

The M9A1 has a 92FS upper... So no difference there.

SoCalSig1911
05-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I want a 92A1.. damn...

BTW - I'm selling a 92F M9 slide. Pre 92FS, i.e. uses smaller hammer pin.... Very little lettering.

But the M9 allure - I don't get either. A little less lettering. As to the backstrap, I have a 92FS with straight backstrap.... I DO like the older guns with all metal triggers, safeties, ect... :)

Same here, I just picked up an Italian 92fs that dates to 1985 and i have replaced all of the internal parts with new OEM metal Beretta parts, I couldn't be happier with my purchase! I like that the trigger, safety, and other parts were all metal. I would've had to spend more money on a newer one to get rid of all the composite parts for stainless..

oliveview
05-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah, the new guns with the plastic bits are sad - nothing but cheap, cheap, cheap. Beretta can spin the move however they please, but as far as I'm concerned, if I'm buying a metal gun, I want all metal parts. If I want plastic, I'll buy a Glock, HK or the like.

Fortunately, and rather uniquely, there is a vibrant market for Beretta pieces and parts. I have stockpiled a few sets of "vintage" stainless parts just to be able to replace the parts on any new gun, that is, if I were ever to buy another Beretta.

Mazdaspeed Jon
05-03-2012, 2:25 PM
I want a 92A1.. damn...

I love my 92A1! :D

GunHo
05-03-2012, 2:32 PM
Yeah, the new guns with the plastic bits are sad - nothing but cheap, cheap, cheap. Beretta can spin the move however they please, but as far as I'm concerned, if I'm buying a metal gun, I want all metal parts. If I want plastic, I'll buy a Glock, HK or the like.

Fortunately, and rather uniquely, there is a vibrant market for Beretta pieces and parts. I have stockpiled a few sets of "vintage" stainless parts just to be able to replace the parts on any new gun, that is, if I were ever to buy another Beretta.

I already changed my cheap looking plastic guide rod. I did that almost instantly. I believe my trigger and safety levers are still plastic. If you're anywhere near the bay area and have extra metal beretta parts to sell, I'm interested.

SilverTauron
05-03-2012, 2:54 PM
To the OP:

If you don't mind missing out on the GI markings, pick up a used 92F. Its structurally the same weapon as the M9 and features a metal guide rod & metal trigger if that's your cup of tea.

sneather
05-03-2012, 2:56 PM
The plastic parts kill me, too.

oliveview
05-03-2012, 3:00 PM
I already changed my cheap looking plastic guide rod. I did that almost instantly. I believe my trigger and safety levers are still plastic. If you're anywhere near the bay area and have extra metal beretta parts to sell, I'm interested.

Sorry. Not planning on liquidating any of my parts.
But hit Berettaforum. There is no shortage of various parts, slides, barrels, frames, everything (!) for sale there ALL the time.