View Full Version : So Cal Firearm ads on local Radio Stations

05-02-2012, 9:00 AM
I was listening to AM talk radio this AM when I was surprised to hear a couple Cheaper than Dirt radio ads selling firearms. This ad is being played in both the L.A. KFI 640 market and the 600 KOGO San Diego market.

Timing could be in association with the 20 year anniversay of the RK riots? Getting in on the Obama gun gran scare again? Interesting regardless. Whatever their intentions, the more people who buy guns here in So Cal the more advocates for the Second Amendment.

05-02-2012, 9:02 AM
That's good to hear. I don't remember firearms ads on the radio in the past.

05-02-2012, 9:25 AM
96.7 plays a lot of gun ads. They used to do shooting events with Cold War Shooters. I heard Ammo Bros ads all the time.

05-02-2012, 9:25 AM
I just found out from another source that these CTD ads are nationwide....

05-02-2012, 9:32 AM
heard one from bullseyesport in Riverside as well.

I remember another one as well but don't recall who...

05-03-2012, 1:41 PM
I agree I do not understand why Cheaper Than Dirt is advertising that they sell guns in CA. I heard the ad on 910 am in the Bay Area this morning on the Armstrong and Getty show. Has CTD changed policy about CA gun sales and I just missed it?

05-03-2012, 1:57 PM
same here in nor cal sac
odd part is go to there site
look at a ca legal plan jane mossy 500 12g
says not for sale in calif when you try there little box on can we ship to you
tried several other calif legal guns
no go
seems a wasye of $$ on radio adds trying to sell guns, adds are not trying to sell parts, & they don't ship here....wtf????????

05-03-2012, 2:02 PM
CTD pays for national advertising. They don't control which stations and what markets.

05-03-2012, 2:18 PM
A couple of local FFLs here in the Bay Area have been doing radio spots for a while. I've also seen a resurgence of print advertising for local FFLs, and not Big 5 weekly flyers either, in area newspapers which is a very good thing.

CTD pays for national advertising. They don't control which stations and what markets.

This... but it does seem a bit foolish for them to advertise gun sales into a market to which they will not ship a firearm. They can do a targeted buy which would exclude California or craft the content to specific markets.

But they're new at it, and they will learn.

05-03-2012, 2:37 PM
Yeah, I heard an add for... I think it was "ammo bros" on am 640 KFI also. It shocked the heck out of me but then with a shrug I decided it was cool anyway. Anything to interest people more.