PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice

ajosshi
05-02-2012, 8:33 AM
Hi, folks,

This is my first post on CG, so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I'm getting ready to go abroad for several years, so I need to do something with my guns. I don't want to pay to store them, or leave them with a friend and worry about something happpening. I think selling them would be the best.

I've never sold a gun before, so I have no idea what my guns are worth, whether to ship, and how to receive payment (if shipped). This is where your expertise comes in.

1. Is it safe to ship guns? I see a lot of sellers saying that they won't ship. Is there a good reason, or is it because it's just a hassle to ship?

2. If they're shipped, how do I check if the buyer is okay? I want to make sure they're sold to responsible buyers.

3. Carriers for shipping? Cost?

4. How do I not get burned with a bad check? Would postal money orders work?

5. What are my guns worth?

--Sig 228 (Made in Germany). Tritium sights. About 800-1200 rounds(estimate). Box, factory target, and manual are all in same condition as the day I got them. Clips wouldn't be included as they're 13 rounders.

--Scattergun Technologies TR-1187 (USA). 11 rounds. Factory box.

Thank you,

ajosshi
South Pasadena, CA

My gun is not the gun in the video. It's a random video that I found.
Scattergun Technologies TR-1187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCzHElgJxWk

gotshotgun?
05-02-2012, 8:39 AM
Just list your guns in the private sales section of the forum. Don't worry about shipping, being in Pasadena means there are tons of Calgunners near you. Just sell face to face cash in your hand.

daybreak
05-02-2012, 8:43 AM
You probably won't have a hard time selling those gems. Good luck :)

And yes, just sell locally. There will be people interested.

GunHo
05-02-2012, 8:47 AM
Just list your guns in the private sales section of the forum. Don't worry about shipping, being in Pasadena means there are tons of Calgunners near you. Just sell face to face cash in your hand.

Exactly... Arrange to meet at the agreed FFL, let the buyer inspect the guns, get the CASH (yes, cash only), then your done... It's up to the buyer to deal with the FFL at point. And by the way, very nice guns. They look in excellent shape. Too bad you're not in Nor Cal...

daybreak
05-02-2012, 8:48 AM
I just did a quick search and looks like your sig could be worth something considering you have the box, manual, target etc. I don't know sigs, but check out page two

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1388397&page=2

tbhracing
05-02-2012, 9:51 AM
Brother- welcome to the site. Just a personal note, it would kill me to see you sell those nice firearms if you don't really want to. Are your parents close where you can store the guns with them?

Or consider storing them at the Cabellas museum in Reno. Either way, I rather see you keep that P228, those are hard to find in mint condition as I own one of them.

Good luck in what ever you do.