View Full Version : 10-8 slide stop, what the h...?

05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
I happened to need a new slide stop replacement recently. Did the usual online shopping and comparisons and found the 10-8 slide stop. What the heck!! Why have I not been informed how outstanding a job 10-8 has done in redesigning this ubigquitous 1911 part. It is a beauty in finish and function. Literally dropped into my Springfield. I felt the improved lock back, release and gun function immediately. But, I'm saving the best for last if you were one of the uninformed like me. The redesigned geometry of the stops engagement with the plunger pin allows it to push straight into the frame window without the usual upward/push struggle which often causes the hated "idiot mark". I'm surprised how jacked I am about this part but reinstalling a slide stop has always been a difficult task for lots of shooters so by making the install effortless 10-8 earns my praise. I'm probably going to replace the slide stops in my other 1911s whether they need them or not. Hope this review helps others get over the fear of the "idiot mark".

05-01-2012, 11:04 PM
10-8 is great and Hilton Yam ranks up there with the best of them. He's had a ridiculous amount of trigger time and time behind the bench, he used to build custom 1911s.

Like 10-8 on FB and follow their blog, you can see some of the custom 1911s he's built. He even auctioned off one of his Custom TRP Operators for $1920, it lasted about 3 minutes.

05-02-2012, 6:01 AM
^this 10-8 has some good stuff i have there sight sets on all my pistols now and couldnt be happier