PDA

View Full Version : Night Sights for my Glock

Tee Why
05-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Hey folks,
Recently got a Glock 21 SF, mainly for range and to have at home for defense. It came with stock plastic sights. I actually like the dot and the cup sighting picture but want a fixed night sight for HD use if needed.

I haven't found any stock sight picture in Night Sights, so now I'm thinking the three dot configuration and price is an issue.
I noticed that Truglo tritium is cheapest but no nothing about them, also considering stock Glock version or Meprolights (if they are better than Glocks).

Any insight from those that have first hand experience with Night Sights for Glocks would be appreciated.

Thanks

cwin
05-01-2012, 10:29 PM
It really comes down to personal preference. I tried the Truglo TFOs on my Glock but hated them. I prefer Trijicons on all of my guns with Meprolights coming in second.

1 SIG fan
05-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I just put the meps on my glocks and love em. 2 yellowwith green. Very easy to get on the front sight and nice bright contrast

Tee Why
05-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Tanks for the input folks.
Checking out Nutnfancy on youtube, he says he likes meprolights b/c they are brighter than the others.

Also any thoughts on the stock Glock Night Sights?

tbhracing
05-01-2012, 11:35 PM
I have Trijicons on my G17 and G19.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
05-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I like the TFOs on competition Glocks, but have used Meprolight, Trijicon and Ameriglo on "business" pistols. All have worked well.

Dhena81
05-01-2012, 11:55 PM
I really dig my Trijicon HD's I also like the Heine QWIK straight 8's I've tried about half a dozen different sights trying to find the best. BTW NS aren't a replacement for a light. If your in the dark and have your light on you won't be able to see the tritium glowing you will see the profile of you sights.

RoundEye
05-02-2012, 12:19 AM
My understanding is that OEM GLOCK night sights are made by MePro. I have a set I just took off my G23 if you're interested.

xSARSx
05-02-2012, 12:26 AM
i recently just got my glock 21sf. ended up buying the tfo and fell in love with them. i actually shot better with the tfo in terms of accuracy vs the stock sights. havent shot with trijicon, mepro, heine so i cant say

tacticalcity
05-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Ameriglo is an affordable option. Trijicons under a different brand name. Same parts, different label.

Trulgo is a great option, just make sure they are actually Tritium. They make non-tritium sights as well that are just colored tubes and do not glow in the dark. If they are too cheap, you are probably looking at the non-tritium version.

Tee Why
05-02-2012, 8:14 AM
Thanks for the info. I really like these sights from Ameriglo.
I like their "CAP" sights
http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/u-rap
Same pattern I have on my sig 1911 TTT.
Too bad they don't have them for the 21.

Dhena81,
Thanks for the information on the lights making the sights into silhouettes when on.

Does anyone know If I stuck with the stock sights and put a rail light would that allow me to see the sight picture? If I replace my Sig 1911 TTT with my G21SF, I was thinking about getting the Streamlight TL-3. Not much use in getting night sights if I turn on the light and I can't see the sights glowing is what I'm thinking.

Thanks for all the great info. folks.

rgs1975
05-02-2012, 8:45 AM
I put the Heini Slant Pro Straight 8 night sights on my G36. Love 'em.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1850/dsc06539p.jpg

teflondog
05-02-2012, 8:53 AM
I liked the stock Glock sight picture but my holsters chewed up the plastic sights within minutes. I replaced the rear sight with a Glock steel sight that has the same "U" outline on it. I replaced the front sight with an Ameriglo Glock night sight. I now have the same Glock sight picture with more durability and the ability to see the front sight in the dark.

locosway
05-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Hey folks,
Recently got a Glock 21 SF, mainly for range and to have at home for defense. It came with stock plastic sights. I actually like the dot and the cup sighting picture but want a fixed night sight for HD use if needed.

I haven't found any stock sight picture in Night Sights, so now I'm thinking the three dot configuration and price is an issue.
I noticed that Truglo tritium is cheapest but no nothing about them, also considering stock Glock version or Meprolights (if they are better than Glocks).

Any insight from those that have first hand experience with Night Sights for Glocks would be appreciated.

Thanks

For a fighting gun, I like Warren Tactical. If it was a competition/range gun, then the TFO sights would be my choice.

The XS sights are also nice and worth a mention.