View Full Version : delete

05-01-2012, 7:53 PM

05-01-2012, 9:50 PM
Mags?? I purchased new mag springs from Wolff and I have NEVER had a FTF or any other failure for that matter...

You can get three 5% power mag springs for 17$

05-01-2012, 10:21 PM
I've seen something similar on a range gun once. Zfields may have a good answer, he is extremely knowledgable about the CZ's.

Might it just be break in? Try shooting different ammo, 300-500 rounds or so, see if it takes care of itself?

Sorry I can't be of more help, I have zero gunsmithing skills.

05-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Most Common cause for feeding issues are magazine related, still could be other things, take the slide off then stick in the mag see if it's seating right,

05-01-2012, 11:19 PM
My P0-1 had issues feeding UMC ammo. No issues with other brands

Now after over 3k rounds it's still rock solid and dead reliable

Lead Waster
05-02-2012, 12:33 AM
CZs have short chambers, measure the overall cartridge length. Try another brand of ammo with a shorter oal. ??

05-02-2012, 12:34 AM
I'd take a look at the extractor and the breech face. See if there's a sharp corner or a bur on the extractor that the round is getting hung on, or a bur or rough spot on the breech face.

05-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Maybe file the slide release down. Apparently they can sometimes be a little long and a round will catch on them. I did not experience this issue w/ my two CZ's (actually have not had a single FTF/FTE/FTwhatever in a few thousand rounds) but I know it's a popular thing to mod. I'll find the CZ forum thread and post a photo in a second here...

Yep. From czfirearms.us

3) Slide Stop Induced Feed Problems – It has been suggested that the tip of the slide stop can interfere with a round being chambered as it approaches the feed ramp. The tip of the slide stop can be filed shorter to reduce the chance of this occurring. The following photo (coutrtesy of eerw) shows the unmodified slide stop (left) and the modified version (right).

05-02-2012, 6:34 PM
My first thought was weak mag spring or weak recoil spring. But this is a new gun, so my next guess is to look at the choice of ammo. CZs don't like certain type of ammo, the one with wide shoulder I think...

05-02-2012, 6:36 PM
More info on the ammo?

05-02-2012, 6:55 PM
My first thought was weak mag spring or weak recoil spring. But this is a new gun, so my next guess is to look at the choice of ammo. CZs don't like certain type of ammo, the one with wide shoulder I think...
I don't think they have a particularly snug chamber or anything. I've shot nice factory ammo, cheap brass factory ammo like blazer, cheap bulk reloads, and two brands of Russian steel ammo without a single feed or extract failure ever. That said, this problem could be ammo-related but I think it would have to be out of spec ammo. I still like my slide lock theory ;-)

05-03-2012, 1:15 PM
I had a similar problem and it was the slide stop being too long inside the frame. filed it down and it worked find. with the top end off the frame, you can load a mag of dummy rounds in and put the slide stop in. Push the top round forward to see if the slide stop is touching it. If so, file the slide stop down and it will solve the problem.

05-10-2012, 7:16 PM
I just got an SP-01 and had a similar problem. I noticed the angle of the FTF was very close to what is pictured above. I also noticed a small amount of copper that had scratched off on the corner of my slide stop just it had for you. I filed it down a little bit and am excited to get back to the range and see if it's fixed the issue. Thanks for posting this. It was extremely helpful.

05-10-2012, 8:06 PM
My SP-01 does that with UMC ammo if the chamber is dirty.

Spirit 1
05-10-2012, 8:40 PM
This same post was made on the CZ Forum. Unfortunately the OP hasn't given any responses there to questions like specific ammo, or whether gun and mags were cleaned before initial firing, case OAL problems etc.

Difficult for folks to diagnose without the rest of the story...