PDA

View Full Version : Night sights installation help

aatruong
04-30-2012, 7:14 PM
Hello CG, I'm considering putting nights onto my newly acquired Walther ppq. My local smith told me that there are not nights for the ppq and those for the p99 simply don't fit...this relayed information alone made me a little dubious of his work. So, off to another smith I went but this time the turn around time was more than a month.

So, I come to you gents (and ladies) and scholars to solicit help. Do you do it yourself and how can I convince you to install it for me (I'll pay for your time)? If not, is there an outfit online that you trust and possess a relatively quick turn-around?
I apologize for the remedial topic. Thank you. Andy

goldengate
04-30-2012, 9:21 PM
Here is some information on sight installation for the PPQ. http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/16556-installation-night-sights-ppq-p99.html

I did my own installation. It is really easy. Installed the P99 Meprolight night sight on the PPQ and they fit perfectly. I got mine from Optics Planet. For the front sight, you can use the Glock sight tool for the installation. Regular 3/16 hex tool has a beveled lip and won't tighten it fully. The rear sight slides off after you depress the button on the side of it.

goldengate
04-30-2012, 9:27 PM
If you don't have access to the Glock sight tool, then you can use a regular 3/16 hex tool and use a needle nose pliers to tighten the last part. Make sure you use a bit of blue loctite on the screw.

aatruong
04-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Awesome...thank you goldengate!