PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased my 2nd Handgun -->XD40

gl0ckc0ma
04-30-2012, 6:11 PM
Got it on sale at Turners for $420.

Got the Essential package, seemed like a good deal, and will be a good partner for the M&P40 I already have.

Any suggestions, eg; accessories, pros, or cons?

Bigtwin
04-30-2012, 6:45 PM
Got it on sale at Turners for $420.

Got the Essential package, seemed like a good deal, and will be a good partner for the M&P40 I already have.

Any suggestions, eg; accessories, pros, or cons?

My simplest advise....buy more ammo! Or better yet start reloading (if you have not already)!

No real cons from me other than the trigger may take some getting used to from shooting other guns, but once you get it down(it shouldn't take very long at all) good to go! If you don't or can't get used to it, there are many inexpensive options to adjust that!
I enjoy my XD40 and you might just do the same.

4DMASTR
04-30-2012, 7:41 PM
After tossing between the XD40 and the Glock23 I went with the Glock. I rented an XD40 the other day ant the range and liked it. I enjoy the feel of the trigger over the Glock but still prefer mine overall. Nothing bad to say about the XD though I am considering a 9mm now :)

Congrats!

Tee Why
04-30-2012, 11:15 PM
I found that the grips got a little slippery for me, so I added traction grip tapes and other than coloring in the roll marks white, I haven't modified mine further.
Have fun with the new xd.