PDA

View Full Version : Glock with NYPD spring

pennys dad
04-30-2012, 5:35 PM
Hi

I picked up a G34 and it came with a NYSP spring. I got the glock to start competing in GSSF. What is the purpose of the NYSP spring and does it add value for competing?

CC Gunsmithing
04-30-2012, 5:37 PM
I would say not, since it increases the trigger pull "weight"
http://eu.glock.com/english/options_triggerspring.htm

MossbergMan
04-30-2012, 5:50 PM
NYPD trigger spring for competition...depends on the type of competiton. Action shooting sports the NYPD1 trigger shouldn't be too much of an issue. The primary difference is the "slack" weight. It makes your trigger feel more like a D/A revolver. The true "let off" weight is dependent on what connector you installed.
If you have a standard "5.5-4.5#" (not stock on G-34) it's going to feel like 6#. If you have a "-" (minus mark) it's a stock Glock 34 "3.5 to 4.5# connector. Reset remains the same, so the only real difference is the feel of the trigger upon taking up the slack for the first shot.
It's an easy fix to go back to stock.

blakdawg
04-30-2012, 5:52 PM
Some people like to run a combination of a lighter weight connector and a heavier trigger spring, which (theoretically) results in a trigger pull weight equivalent to stock, but with a crisper/stronger "reset" which may be helpful in competitive use if you care about the speed of followup shots.

pennys dad
04-30-2012, 6:34 PM
good comments, Thanks for the help. I am going to go back to stock

RoundEye
04-30-2012, 6:40 PM
Some people like to run a combination of a lighter weight connector and a heavier trigger spring, which (theoretically) results in a trigger pull weight equivalent to stock, but with a crisper/stronger "reset" which may be helpful in competitive use if you care about the speed of followup shots.

Pretty much what he said. A lot of people like the faster reset for competition.

Jacob,

If you need some lessons, I'll give you a discount. :D

HighLander51
04-30-2012, 7:26 PM
Hi

I picked up a G34 and it came with a NYSP spring. I got the glock to start competing in GSSF. What is the purpose of the NYSP spring and does it add value for competing?

Unless you got it used, it did not come with a New York compression reset spring, it came with a standard tension reset spring. There is no advantage to a NY spring in competition at all. Go shoot a GSSF match first, and find out for yourself.

xSARSx
04-30-2012, 8:38 PM
Pretty much what he said. A lot of people like the faster reset for competition.

Jacob,

If you need some lessons, I'll give you a discount. :D

haha why give a discount when he have youtube? ;)

RoundEye
05-01-2012, 4:36 PM
There is no advantage to a NY spring in competition at all. Go shoot a GSSF match first, and find out for yourself.

I think that would really depend on te shooters preference. Unknown that some people feel that the"-" connector in addition to the NY trigger spring provides a stock pull with a faster reset which could be an advantage on stages like the plates were rythym and timing make or break you.

HighLander51
05-01-2012, 5:28 PM
I think that would really depend on te shooters preference. Unknown that some people feel that the"-" connector in addition to the NY trigger spring provides a stock pull with a faster reset which could be an advantage on stages like the plates were rythym and timing make or break you.

I tried it for a couple of USPSA matches, didn't like it, too spongy. And besides it will make no difference at all for a new shooter.

locosway
05-01-2012, 5:49 PM
Unless you got it used, it did not come with a New York compression reset spring, it came with a standard tension reset spring. There is no advantage to a NY spring in competition at all. Go shoot a GSSF match first, and find out for yourself.

I believe the G34 when sold to LE with a "-" connector comes with a NY1 spring. At least that's what I was told in my Glock Armorer class.