PDA

View Full Version : help me choose my next pistol....

stocksuspension
04-30-2012, 3:11 PM
Whats up guys.. Im in the market for my next pistol. It will chambered in 9mm and will be polymer. It will be used as a beater/plinker. I was thinking about a sig 2022, a glock 34 or 35 I forget wich is 9mm, or a fnp9. What do you guys suggest/re
commend?

amtz.zero
04-30-2012, 3:17 PM
If it will be a beater, I recommend you take a very good look at the Ruger P95. Very High value gun, lots of fun, and durable as hell.

oghl888
04-30-2012, 3:23 PM
If a Glock 34 is within your budget, than it's a good choice for a beater. It's easier to shoot than the other choices you mentioned, especially through a long session with high round counts.

JackRydden224
04-30-2012, 3:25 PM
Hi Point C9?

For $600 you can buy and break 4 of them LOL

adrenalinejunkie
04-30-2012, 3:25 PM
I just went through this debate in my head for my pistol haha. Personally, i'd go with the 2022 or the FNP 9 because i'm partial to hammer-fired pistols with a decocker at minimum. If you're fine with the striker-fired glocks with lack of safety features then that might be the route to go given the price and tested reliability. They have unsupported chambers though, which I've heard has been a problem when you're reusing the cases to reload. I ended up going with an fnp 40 because that's what was available and it was the same price, but I love the sights and features of the FNP. Having fired an FNP 9, I can tell you it's a great sun to shoot and works well.

They just came out with the FNX 9, which has some upgrades to the FNP platform, mainly a multi-position rail, different grip/backstrap system, forward slide grooves, and a manual safety. It'll be more expensive though. The FNP series is being discontinued for the FNX so if you go that route i'd get it while I can

Basically, it comes down to your price range and the features you want. Hope that helped a bit

InGrAM
04-30-2012, 3:48 PM
Sig/S&W/Glock/Beretta PX4/Ruger. Any would be a good choice.

You need to decide which you like better. Out of the ones I posted: For me, it was the M&P, for you it might be different.

tacticalcity
04-30-2012, 3:54 PM
For plinking anything will do the trick just fine. Unless there is somthing you are really excited about, perhaps try something totally different from the rest of the collection? Good time to try something new is when you don't have a specific need.

stocksuspension
04-30-2012, 4:07 PM
I kinda like the sig a lil more but the aftermarket accesories for the glock is hard to ignore

USAbodypilot
04-30-2012, 4:40 PM
I used to buy beaters but gave up as they weren't fun to own compared to top of the line gear. Now I buy a really nice gun and use it loads to make it soooooo mine. There is nothing nicer than a well worn in Sig. My P229R now holds the designation beater gun and goes on the tactical shoots but I still love it dearly as it is a sig after all.