View Full Version : Amsec BF6030 vs SF6036

04-30-2012, 1:42 PM
I am looking to spend about 2k on a safe and i *think* i have narrowed it down to these two. The SF keeps me with within budget and is slightly larger while the BF provides more protection but is slightly smaller and cost a little more. What are your thoughts?

AMSEC SF6036 SF Series Gun Safe
•¼" Steel Plate door with 3 layers of fire insulating material.
•Mercury Class II fire protection of 1200°F for 60 minutes.
•Designed to maintain an interior temperature of less than 350°F.
•Palusol™ door seal - expands up to 8 times its original thickness when exposed to high temperatures.
•Body constructed of 12-gauge solid steel plate with a fire insulating material.
•Group II, key-changeable lock with internal relocker, spy-proof key-locking dial and drill-resistant hardplate.
•Optional electronic lock available.
•3-point handle in brass or chrome and bold zinc die-cast polished brass or chrome logos.
•4-way boltwork with a total of 14 1/2" chrome-plated bolts.
•Adjustable ball bearing hinges.
•All-velour interior including back-cover and firewalls.
•Four (4) pre-cut anchor holes with mounting hardware included and one (1) pre-cut electrical access hole.
•Available in several textured finishes

AMSEC BF603O SF Series Gun Safe
•Body encloses a proprietary DryLight insulation eliminating the use of gypsum board.
•2" total wall thickness on all sides.
•Two layers of steel consisting of an outer and inner steel liner for dual security protection.
•4 pre-cut anchor holes and 1 pre-cut electrical access hole.
•Awarded the U.L. Residential Security Container (RSC) burglary classification.
•1/2" steel plate door combined with 1" DryLight insulation.
•10 massive 11/2" thick locking bolts to provide superior door security.
•Commercial grade high security exterior hinges for additional security and full access to the elegant interior.
•Equipped with a U.L. listed group II lock protected by a massive hard plate.
•All BF series gun safes have been redesigned with DryLight poured concrete insulation in the floor of the safe. Pre-2011 models offered 1 layer of dry wall fire protection in the floor.
•Mercury Class III fire protection of 1275 degrees for 90 minutes. Designed to maintain an interior temperature of less than 350 degrees.
•New DryLight insulation is poured between inner and outer steel walls for premier fire protection.
•Dual fire seals around entire door. Silicon seal on door jamb and Palusol seal on door giving the door a snug fit with added fire protection. Palusol seal expands up to 8 times its original thickness when exposed to heat.

04-30-2012, 2:21 PM
I have the 6030 don't expect to get all they say into it,unless you have all lever actions. Rifles with scopes have to sit out a bit from the rest. with 50mm scopes I can get 5 varmints on one side. Expect about half of what is claimed.

04-30-2012, 3:51 PM
^^^ This !