PDA

View Full Version : Look inside for another anti Botach rant

Monticore
04-30-2012, 1:28 PM
On GunBroker they are listed as:
LAoutdoortactical

When they respond to your question the email alias is:
xxxx.botach@gmail.com
xxxx for the first name of the person writing me.
I don't believe the issue is their fault, per se, so I won't individually call them out.

I WON!! Or so I thought I did.
I had pre-confirmed the part number was on the roster.
Nowhere on the ad did it say anything about not shipping to CA.
You would not expect that anyway, from a company claiming to be CA based.

Here's the GB link. Hope it works.:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=283605662

After I emailed them with info for my FFL, I get this in response:
Unfortunately we only sell to LEO in CA, Sorry about the inconvenience

The ad said nothing about only LEO sales in CA.
The employee never asked in the emails back and forth verifying the item.
Holy cow.

I'm tired of thinking about it.
I question why I even write, except to warn newcomers to the hit or miss that is known as Botach.

Zac

tal3nt
04-30-2012, 2:19 PM
I found that with Botach it is up to US to do all the communicating. Otherwise they just leave you completely in the dark. With that said I've never had a bad experience.

GunHo
04-30-2012, 3:16 PM
Here is Botach experience. First of all, next to each item, there is nothing telling you if it is in back order or not. It is not until you order and pay for the item that you'll get a back order notice. The worst part was trying to communicate with customer service. Their prices are great but never again.

Monticore
04-30-2012, 3:49 PM
And then they write:
Zac

I just saw that you actually won this auction, I apologize for the inconvenience, however we have had issues in the past and have to watch our backs.

We do have many inquiries before buyers make the purchase if they are able to purchase from us in CA as Gunbroker states "You must contact the seller to resolve any questions or concerns before placing a bid", I did not know the reason you were asking for the part number.

Apologies once again,

Xxxx

shooterfpga
04-30-2012, 3:53 PM
botach IS in california and they generally do only sell to leo/mil. HOWEVER, there are ways to get around it and also there are better and faster dealers that you get what you want and in a ca legal setup.

keenkeen
04-30-2012, 4:32 PM
And then they write:
Zac

I just saw that you actually won this auction, I apologize for the inconvenience, however we have had issues in the past and have to watch our backs.

We do have many inquiries before buyers make the purchase if they are able to purchase from us in CA as Gunbroker states "You must contact the seller to resolve any questions or concerns before placing a bid", I did not know the reason you were asking for the part number.

Apologies once again,

Xxxx

Why don't they just put in the GB auction "No Gun Sales to CA residents"?

Otherwise, I guess they enjoy having CA people bid/win on their auctions and then going thru these stupid e-mails to expalin how they "have to watch our backs"...idiots.

Monticore
04-30-2012, 4:40 PM
Why don't they just put in the GB auction "No Gun Sales to CA residents"?

Otherwise, I guess they enjoy having CA people bid/win on their auctions and then going thru these stupid e-mails to expalin how they "have to watch our backs"...idiots.

I know it will go nowhere, but I sent this anyway:
Do you expect that everybody that would buy the CIVILIAN version of a gun with RESTRICTED magazine capacity is LEO???
It should have been a HUGE red flag to you that if it was the version I was asking for that I was not LEO.

+1 for Valkyrie Arms for taking care of me locally.

paul0660
04-30-2012, 4:42 PM
It should have been a HUGE red flag to you that if it was the version I was asking for that I was not LEO.

Just a LEO that was going to resell to a civilian.

gesundheit
04-30-2012, 4:42 PM
If they are willing to waste their employees time (and money) tending to these kind of issues, then what can we do. Oh and the live-help on their webpage is not live at all.

Once I let that window open for three hours and nobody responded.

But for certain items they do have the cheapest prices. If you are willing to wait.

trendar5
04-30-2012, 7:32 PM
Just a LEO that was going to resell to a civilian.

He said the gun is on the roster, so I doubt it. And they sell to L.E. so your comment makes no sense.

cHaOs ReX
04-30-2012, 7:57 PM
I found that with Botach it is up to US to do all the communicating. Otherwise they just leave you completely in the dark. With that said I've never had a bad experience.

+1

I dealt with them when I purchased some aimpoint optics. It was a long ordeal, maybe 2 months. I will say that in the end I got what I wanted for probably the best price possible.

I realized at that point that if I was going to do business with them I would have to hold their hand through the entire process.

Monticore
04-30-2012, 9:28 PM
What's funny is that I have heard the same thing and have bought from them directly and received my random goodie real quick. Their GB name being LAoutdoortactical and not Botach makes me think they are trying to hide from that reputation. Some of the negative feedback's on GB about them is on par with what I have heard around here. And now I have been bitten by them too.

I couldn't adequately convey it earlier but I was livid. CA companies on GB should not jerk around CA residents. There are SO many items that are fully legal here that out-of-staters will not sell us. I was shocked beyond belief when this was pulled on me by a CA based company.
As someone eluded to earlier, adding a simple line to their ads would make their support staff not have to back peddle.
Something like: "CA sales to LEO's only please."
I would not have bid on it if that was there.
At worst I would have emailed wondering if it was there in error.