PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico drops 11 States from Reciprocity (was: .... Arizona CCW or any other CCW

BassNut
04-30-2012, 10:39 AM
That you thought was also honored in New Mexico better read up on their new laws. They no longer honor a bunch of different States CCW's.

Link. http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/nm-concealed-carry/reciprocity-agreements/

RomanDad
04-30-2012, 11:07 AM
After a quick look at that link, I cant find a single state they DO honor any more....

MA5177
04-30-2012, 11:07 AM
That you thought was also honored in New Mexico better read up on their new laws. They no longer honor a bunch of different States CCW's.

Link. http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/nm-concealed-carry/reciprocity-agreements/

Hmmm.. I guess next time I trave I will make a point to go around NM

vantec08
04-30-2012, 11:19 AM
So much for NM on the travel agenda.

MIAMIbaseballer
04-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Yep NM just dropped FL last month too

Lives_In_Fresno
04-30-2012, 11:27 AM

Yeah, it was Utah folks that pissed them off...Apparently instructors were teaching folks enough to get a Utah permit which was then valid in NM, and thus encouraged folks to get the Utah permit instead of getting them from their own state.

Now, NM is merely renamed "California#2".

ap430
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM
NM is a open carry state. Concealed is getting limited there but you may openly carry a weapon. I was there recently and it was quite common seeing people open carry in most rural areas/small towns from people in public places to store/gas stations owners.

fresnofox
04-30-2012, 11:31 AM
I have a trip planed there next week. It looks like you are ok to have in the car but that is it. I will have to unload to take into the motel

Decoligny
04-30-2012, 11:33 AM
A better title for this thread would be "New Mexico drops 11 States from Reciprocity"

NM used to recognize 16 states.

They now only recognize 5. Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, and Oklahoma.

leadstorm
04-30-2012, 12:25 PM
A better title for this thread would be "New Mexico drops 11 States from Reciprocity"Agreed.

You may carry concealed in your vehicle, and you may carry openly outside your vehicle. This allows me to carry pretty much 100% of my time in NM. GFSZ applies just like any other state.

SilverTauron
04-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Permits issued locally rather than by the state;
No fingerprint-based background check;
Permits issued to persons under 21 years of age;
Permits issued to resident aliens;
No classroom (static) training required;
No live-fire (dynamic) training required.

These requirements mystify me. Up here in South Dakota we don't even have a classroom requirement for our CCW permits . Reckless right?

Except people aren't getting shot left and right by uneducated numbskulls. In point of fact I've seen scarier gun handling at the base than I have from the other shooters ive known and been around.

Classroom instruction is a good thing. Just like safe sex, knowing more about the legalities and details of proper firearms knowledge is a good thing. But the state has no place mandating it as a "condition of carry". Imagine if the state banned sex unless the partners take a documented couples seminar.

Untamed1972
04-30-2012, 1:15 PM
Permits issued locally rather than by the state;
No fingerprint-based background check;
Permits issued to persons under 21 years of age;
Permits issued to resident aliens;
No classroom (static) training required;
No live-fire (dynamic) training required.

These requirements mystify me. Up here in South Dakota we don't even have a classroom requirement for our CCW permits . Reckless right?

Except people aren't getting shot left and right by uneducated numbskulls. In point of fact I've seen scarier gun handling at the base than I have from the other shooters ive known and been around.

Classroom instruction is a good thing. Just like safe sex, knowing more about the legalities and details of proper firearms knowledge is a good thing. But the state has no place mandating it as a "condition of carry". Imagine if the state banned sex unless the partners take a documented couples seminar.

Wouldn't it all just be so much easier if the Gov't types would get it thru their head that the people who will bother to get a permit aren't the people you need to worry about? So just let people carry their guns and focus your enforcement on people who ACTUALLY commit a crime.

press1280
04-30-2012, 1:31 PM
I'm highly suspicious that this move by NM is based on other states issuing to resident aliens, and the SAF case highlights this. This way NM doesn't get caught allowing non-NM aliens to carry concealed there.

yellowfin
04-30-2012, 3:23 PM
My aunt and uncle in NM say it's due to a problematic influx of Boston people into there trying to remake it in their ungodly image.