PDA

View Full Version : Brugger & Thomet TP-9?????

sg6969
04-29-2012, 7:13 PM
I asked my FFL if I could have the TP-9 shipped to him for dross and he was not sure if it was Ca legal? I have seen one being sold here so I assume its ok? Any info on this would be great.

Thanks

http://www.dsarms.com/BT-TP9-Semi-Auto-Tactical-Pistol-9mm-CIVILIAN-LEGAL/productinfo/BTTP9/

Icypu
04-29-2012, 9:42 PM
It is legal yes, but not transferrable new unless your FFL can SSE it. Also, be careful not to use a forward hand grip as that will turn it to an AW. Next, check out the barrel device as some have threaded receivers which could be interpreted as illegal barrel shrouds.

In the end, its a cool horse pistol, but not necessarily easy to obtain.

sg6969
04-29-2012, 9:53 PM
It is legal yes, but not transferrable new unless your FFL can SSE it. Also, be careful not to use a forward hand grip as that will turn it to an AW. Next, check out the barrel device as some have threaded receivers which could be interpreted as illegal barrel shrouds.

In the end, its a cool horse pistol, but not necessarily easy to obtain.

Thanks for the post, I'm an LEO and I believe I can be exempt from the SSE(correct me if i'm wrong)?

Thanks

Icypu
04-29-2012, 9:57 PM
Yes as an LEO you can buy it, use your high caps, and have fun. Remember though, you could still be busted if you make an "assault pistol" out of it. Just get your FFL to do it for you.