PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 70pss (papoose)

MetalDoc
04-29-2012, 7:03 PM
I'm thinking of purchasing a takedown 22 for the GHB in my car. While I have been attracted to the Henry AR7, I think the marlin papoose is going to be the winner... But... It appears everyone is out of stock.

Is the papoose still manufactured? What's the deal with everyone lack of inventory right now?

Thanks

k1dude
04-29-2012, 8:07 PM
They haven't been made for a couple years. Something to do with moving the factory. You'd think they'd be making them again by now. I want one too.

Excaliburr
04-29-2012, 8:41 PM
I wanted one for so long that when Ruger came out with theirs, I bought one. I am a little worried about how the new ones will be made and where they will be made. Maybe they won't be made again? This is why is it better to get a Ruger while they can be bought. It wouldn't surprise me that they stop production of their takedown at some point because they have done that before. Take down rifles are always hard to find.

k1dude
04-30-2012, 1:50 PM
I wanted one for so long that when Ruger came out with theirs, I bought one. I am a little worried about how the new ones will be made and where they will be made. Maybe they won't be made again? This is why is it better to get a Ruger while they can be bought. It wouldn't surprise me that they stop production of their takedown at some point because they have done that before. Take down rifles are always hard to find.

Yeah, I checked into the Ruger, but lost interest when I saw it weighed a pound and a half more than the Marlin. The Ruger is also 1.75 inches longer than the Marlin. So the Marlin will fit easier when apart in my bug-out bag. The Marlin is so much lighter and more compact than the Ruger, I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on the Ruger.

Point taken on the eventual start up of production on the Marlin though. I sure wouldn't want to buy out of the first run.

sig808
04-30-2012, 1:55 PM
Just saw a new 70pss on gunbroker. Buy it now price was $399! I want one, but at that price I'll wait till they start making them again.

k1dude
04-30-2012, 4:59 PM
Just saw a new 70pss on gunbroker. Buy it now price was $399! I want one, but at that price I'll wait till they start making them again.

Yikes!!! I think I used to see them everywhere for around $99 right before they stopped making them.

osophat71
04-30-2012, 5:55 PM
I have one il let go for $300 shipped or $250 pickup in San diego

MetalDoc
04-30-2012, 8:00 PM
San Diego... Tempting... Tough to get down there twice for the ppt...

Excaliburr
04-30-2012, 9:58 PM
osophat71 pics? Condition, Year round count etc. Thanks in advance.

cudakidd
05-01-2012, 6:04 AM
Found one here in town, NIB for $250...great truck gun. Also Check on the Henry MiniBolt too...you can take it down with a dime, one stock screw. I store it in a Papoose case I bought for $5~! Accurate but single shot...and even lighter then the Ruger and Papoose...

osophat71
05-01-2012, 7:08 AM
I dont know which model you have cudakidd but my papoose has a 10 round mag, it's in great condition, it's the talo edition. When I get home later il snap some pics, round count is 2500 rounds, I've always used a bore snake and hoppes solvent and cleaning oil after every shoot. I bought it last year for $400 shipped from Indiana. Big investment but I wanted a take down .22 for the zombies. Decided to let it go and invest in another gsg1911 since I love the one I have now and I want matching 1911's

Sutcliffe
05-01-2012, 9:37 AM
It's gotta be the ugliest gun I've ever owned. Accurate, lightweight and easy to stow when camping or canoeing. I'd recommend one on the used market if you can find one.

snafu510
05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Very hard to find but a local dealer here in Reno has one on the rack. $279. I think that's a lot of money for that gun but the best deal I found on a Ruger takedown is $319.

cudakidd
05-01-2012, 12:41 PM
I dont know which model you have cudakidd but my papoose has a 10 round mag, it's in great condition, it's the talo edition. When I get home later il snap some pics, round count is 2500 rounds, I've always used a bore snake and hoppes solvent and cleaning oil after every shoot. I bought it last year for $400 shipped from Indiana. Big investment but I wanted a take down .22 for the zombies. Decided to let it go and invest in another gsg1911 since I love the one I have now and I want matching 1911's

No, I have the same papoose with 7 and 10 round mags. I ALSO have the Single Shot Henry Mini Bolt that I was talking about...