PDA

View Full Version : Is it illegal to shoot in the foothills?

HYM
04-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Im in San bernadino county and i am not trying to pay to shoot MY gun at a range plain and simple.

So my question is, would it be illegal to go pop some rounds off in a remote area in my local mountains???

Quiet
04-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Depends on where it is, what type of firearm you are discharging and what time of day you are discharging the firearm.

Consult the official San Bernardino County map. (link below)

San Bernardino County Shooting Map (http://www.specialdistricts.org/2/FishandGame/docs/2010_cnty_shooting_areas_final.pdf)

Ron-Solo
04-28-2012, 10:29 PM
In most places, yes. There are legal places to shoot, but they are also dependent on current fire restrictions and regulations. Just going into the hills, without checking on the specific location, can land you in hot water.

HK4113
04-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Im in San bernadino county and i am not trying to pay to shoot MY gun at a range plain and simple.

So my question is, would it be illegal to go pop some rounds off in a remote area in my local mountains???

Better safe than sorry. Pay the 12 bucks to shoot at a local range if you aren't 100% sure if it is legal for you to shoot outside. If you get caught shooting illegally I can guarantee your legal bills will be way more than 12 bucks and possibly the loss of your right to own guns.

HYM
04-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Depends on where it is, what type of firearm you are discharging and what time of day you are discharging the firearm.

San Bernardino County Shooting Map (http://www.specialdistricts.org/2/FishandGame/docs/2010_cnty_shooting_areas_final.pdf)

checking this out now

HYM
04-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Looks like i would have to travel about 2 hours to shoot

NoJoke
04-29-2012, 7:19 AM

Wow. A simple question is asked, "Can I shoot in the foothills" and only in CA do you get a reply with 10 different answers - see the map for specifics. Things like, shotgun only, nighttime, while patting your head and rubbing your tummy...:rolleyes:

By the way, thank you for providing the map - is there one for San DIego county too?

vantec08
04-29-2012, 8:30 AM
I assume ANY area in Kali is closed, till proven otherwise.

taperxz
04-29-2012, 10:13 AM
I assume ANY area in Kali is closed, till proven otherwise.

Maybe down south. Not up where I live.

ColtShooter
04-30-2012, 4:53 AM
Use the map and if ever in doubt call the sheriff before shooting. Not doing so could have very bad results!

A-J
04-30-2012, 8:56 AM
If you are in unincorporated, non-state park, non federal land then you *might* be good. My brother shoots (LA County) in the hills behind his house (unincorporated part of LA County) and all the Sherriffs do IF they come out is ask him to be mindful of fire danger and where the rounds go.

Ziggy91
04-30-2012, 9:47 AM
Anybody have one of those nice maps for something around the bay area? The closest BLM land I found was down past Hollister, somewhere along HW5 and Mercey Hot Springs?
I need something.... closer. :D