PDA

View Full Version : German Sig 220 has a trigger like a sigma, what to do?

Shrubmaster
04-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Just picked this older 220R up, did a full tear down and cleaning, went out to fire it and the trigger is horrible. Slop the first few mm then a real gritty trigger after. Single action it feels SIGnificantly better but still not as good as I expected.

Obviously this is not a SRT model.

Any advice?

IVth Horseman
04-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Send it to Sig for an action enhancement package to get rid of the gritty feeling. As for that slop in double action, get the short reset trigger as well. I had both done to my 226 and it makes a big difference. But keep in mind it will never compare to a well tuned 1911 style trigger (its not designed to).

Shrubmaster
04-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Send it to Sig for an action enhancement package to get rid of the gritty feeling. As for that slop in double action, get the short reset trigger as well. I had both done to my 226 and it makes a big difference. But keep in mind it will never compare to a well tuned 1911 style trigger (its not designed to).

How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking? What was the turn around time?

IVth Horseman
04-29-2012, 12:51 AM
If I remember correctly, AEP was 99.00 and SRT was 139.00 but they discounted the services to 200.00 flat if I had them done at the same time. Turnaround time was fantastic, no more than a week later.