PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your Springfield XD9? Problems?

johnny1290
04-28-2012, 9:01 PM
I've had one for a while now, and after I got it I asked a range guy how they liked theirs. He said it had more problems than others, a lukewarm review.

Now that I've shot mine a good amount, it doesn't seem really any more or less troublesome than my ruger sr9c.

What say you? Have you noticed any problems? Thanks!

Arkangel
04-28-2012, 9:29 PM
I have to shift my grip, my high, thumbs forward grip hits the slide release. It works fine, I just don't get a slide lock on an empty mag. This is the only handgun where this has been an issue. Lucky for me, I bought if for the wifey, it's not a duty gun so it's not a big deal.

techshot
04-28-2012, 9:35 PM
My lady has put abou 500 rounds in the last 2 weeks through her XD9SC and no problems at all. 3k through my XD45 and no problems at all. I think there pretty spot on for the money.

cwin
04-29-2012, 5:27 PM
Had zero problems with either my xd or XDm.

butch952
04-29-2012, 5:32 PM
My XD9 Tactical runs just as good as any other pistol I have handled but as they say "to each their own"

Snoopy47
04-29-2012, 5:54 PM
My XD9 Tactical runs just as good as any other pistol I have handled but as they say "to each their own"

Ditto

Sonic_mike
04-29-2012, 6:20 PM
9mm service here with over 500 rounds not one single problem.

mean72nova
04-29-2012, 6:32 PM
No problems here, I almost wish I got the XD40 and just converted it to 9mm though

Gryff
04-29-2012, 6:43 PM
I've run 20,000+ rounds through my three XD Tacticals (two in 9mm, one in .45acp). The guns are my primary competition guns.

LOVE the platform, especially after having trigger work done to them. The factory triggers aren't horrible, but they have a long reset which makes them not ideal for competition. Get that fixed with a trigger job and they are MUCH better.

Only two complaints about the XD. First is that the factory sights are usually so tight in the dovetails that it is impossible to remove or drift them yourself (even with a sight pusher). Second is that loaded chamber indicator tends to have residue build up underneath causing the LCI to always be slightly raised. This causes zero problems with functionality and reliability, but it make the LCI useless for indicating if a round is in the chamber.

Beyond that, the guns have run near flawlessly and reliably.

.45heat
04-29-2012, 9:38 PM
2000 rounds down the pipe with not one failure. I love shooting it. It's reliable, accurate and inexpensive to shoot. Going to add another to the collection. Also don't take too serious what the guys at the range tell you about firearms problems, there guns are rentals. Who knows when and if they get cleaned, and how well made are the reloads they sell their.

Ricky-Ray
04-29-2012, 10:02 PM
2000 rounds down the pipe with not one failure. I love shooting it. It's reliable, accurate and inexpensive to shoot. Going to add another to the collection. Also don't take too serious what the guys at the range tell you about firearms problems, there guns are rentals. Who knows when and if they get cleaned, and how well made are the reloads they sell their.

What he said. I have over 4,000 rounds thru my XD9 and no issues whatsoever.

kmca
04-30-2012, 7:14 AM
Use my tactical for USPSA production division. Had a slight keyholing problem using the same loads as my 1911, changed powders now no problem. I did do the Springer Precision trigger upgrade...made the gun so much better :)

shooperman
04-30-2012, 7:27 AM
Had mine for about three years now and not a single hiccup. Love it.

pietropau9
04-30-2012, 7:36 AM
Have an xd40 and the only problem I am having is the mag release wont drop the mag out of the well. And yes I've cleaned both. Any ideas?

teflondog
04-30-2012, 8:38 AM
From my experience with full sized XD 9s, they will run dry and clean. They will also run dirty and lubed. But I get malfunctions if they're dry and dirty.

On the other hand, my girl's XD 9 subcompact will run no matter what. I can't induce any malfunctions unless I'm using bad reloads.

timmyb21
04-30-2012, 8:47 AM
Looks like a lot of our women enjoy the xd, my wife shot tons of pistols before she decided on the xd9sc, she loved it. It works well, eats everything.

Sonic_mike
04-30-2012, 8:50 AM
Have an xd40 and the only problem I am having is the mag release wont drop the mag out of the well. And yes I've cleaned both. Any ideas?

With a loaded mag? Push up on the mag then press the release.

manuelcardenas77
04-30-2012, 8:53 AM
Glocks are the best!! I kid I kid I've owned a couple of xd and they run perfect just like my glocks! So anyone that tells you they have problem tell them to shut it!

roc_my_tims
04-30-2012, 9:19 AM
Love my xd 9 had it for years.over 1k rounds down the pipe no problem ever. I locked the slide back once ans got it stuck. Shipped it back they fixed it for free and mailed back to me.

bombadillo
04-30-2012, 9:26 AM
Had my XD9SC for a few years or more and it never failed me once. Had to fire at least 1500 rounds down it without failure. Ran everything from Winchester SXT to wolf ball ammo. Couldn't get it to hiccup if I tried. Only issue I ever had was locking the slide back and my hand had to be on the rear grip safety and have it completely depressed before locking the slide. Outside of that, no gripes and it was as accurate as any handgun I owned including my 1911's.

cfusionpm
04-30-2012, 11:39 AM
I have an XD45 and XDM 9. Love them both. Wouldn't trade the xdm for anything. Got about 2k flawless rounds through it and I shoot it better than any of my other pistols.

proclone1
04-30-2012, 12:33 PM
I have to shift my grip, my high, thumbs forward grip hits the slide release. It works fine, I just don't get a slide lock on an empty mag. This is the only handgun where this has been an issue. Lucky for me, I bought if for the wifey, it's not a duty gun so it's not a big deal.

Same here! Minus the wife. And for me it's Range fun only. Also, the trigger is a bit mushy on the reset (and there's a good bit of pre-travel) compared to my glock 19 (3.5# connector w/ NY1 trigger-spring).

Otherwise, fantastic handgun.

Tee Why
04-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I've had about 1000 rounds fired in mine. No mechanical issues for me. Shoots everything and is pretty darn accurate too.

Only issues for me are that with the thumb forwards grip, my right thumb rests on the slide release button so after the last shot, the slide doesn't lock back. So I had to adjust my grip a little or just live with the slide not locking. Compared to some other guns like the Glock and the M&P, I feel that the bore axis is a bit higher and produces a touch more recoil. The recoil is still pretty light imo but more than say a glock 19 imo. Lastly, with sweaty hands, I found the grips a bit too slippery, so I installed some traction grip tapes and that solved that.

Overall, I like my xd, I got it on sale for a bit less with 3 extra mags from SA with a coupon, so it was a great deal.

daybreak
05-01-2012, 9:39 AM
1600+ rounds through my XD9 service, absolutely zero malfunctions so far. Love the ergos and the controls are well placed for me.

I don't like it's 6'o clock point of aim though. It's really annoying. It's accurate, I just hate having to aim 6'o clock. I should get some new sights.

ThiZZ
05-01-2012, 9:47 AM
I don't have an XD9 but my friend who often brings it to the range with me does and hes easily put 1000 rnds through that thing with not even a single issue.