PDA

View Full Version : Off-roster values

DuneShoot
04-28-2012, 8:00 PM
Off-roster pistols seems to fetch more money. 'Some' more money I can understand but I have been seeing some brand new off-roster (been looking at Colts) as well as used pistols with asking prices 200-500 more then is listed at the suggested retail price.

Is it really 'that' much more valuable?

!@#$
04-28-2012, 8:05 PM
for some it is. if you can buy them cheaper then do that.

BANG BANG
04-28-2012, 8:27 PM
supply and demand

morrcarr67
04-29-2012, 6:02 AM
supply and demand

Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner.

Just remember though....... It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

If no one buys it @ $500 over MSRP than it's not worth that much and the seller will start to lower the price to move it.

Keep looking and you will find what you want at a price you are willing to pay.

adrenaline
04-29-2012, 6:22 AM
I paid a little more for my HK45c. However, damn....I love that gun. I'd do it again.

Like mentioned, it is all about supply (limited because of the roster) and demand (people like me) wanting one so bad that we're willing and able to pay a bit more for it to get it.

So damn that ROSTER!!!! :mad:

g_conway
04-29-2012, 10:50 AM
When I sold my S&W 1006 I got a VERY good price for it.

The guns were going within a day of being listed, they were off-roster, lots of people looking for them.

Mine sold in less than 7 minutes and it was NOT cheap.

People have a "value to me" meter. If your asking price is in that range, it's going to sell fast.

ap3572001
04-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Collectors and people who like the "cool factor" of owning something that is not available might pay over MSRP for an off roster pistol.

People who just want to buy a weapon don't need to do it. There are PLENTY of really good handguns that are on Ca Roster.

I just function fired my friends Colt Rail Gun. The only difference between Rail Gun and STD XSE( on Roster) is the rail that I dont care for.......

Bert Gamble
04-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I understand the extra cost.

I would be willing to pay over retail for a 9mm Wilson Combat Tactical elite in new condition.

Not that anyone who could buy an off roster gun would do that. I am just saying.

Bert Gamble
04-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Can someone explain to me why the Commerce Clause in the Constitution says that the government can mandate health care, but it won't allow California residents the opportunity to buy handguns that are available in every other state?

Are selling handguns too much like commerce to be covered?

rp55
04-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Can someone explain to me why the Commerce Clause in the Constitution says that the government can mandate health care, but it won't allow California residents the opportunity to buy handguns that are available in every other state?

Actually the US Constitution doesn't allow the government to mandate health care and I expect the Supreme Court to school them on that fact later this year. Ditto for California's roster except that it will take much longer to get before the Supreme's since it will not be expedited the way health care was.

Sam
04-29-2012, 1:44 PM

Are selling handguns too much like commerce to be covered?

Just because a law is written and it has yet to be challenged doesn't really have anything to do with its constitutionality...unfortunately.

cannon
04-29-2012, 1:56 PM
Colt's always cost more here. First you have the fact that Colt does not make a ton of pistols every year. So one's like Gov. Models are the most prevalent.

When you go after Colt 9 mm, commanders, officers or new Agents. They are rarer so the premium gets added. Along with that is the Pony Tax. All Colts come with an extra charge just cause people want them and they go quick.

When you see the one you want. Suck it up and pay the money. It may be a long time before you see it again.

Press Check
04-29-2012, 2:29 PM
I've sold two off-roster pistols, and I asked for retail, plus the cost to convert the pistol to single-shot, which in my opinion, wasn't a bad deal.

NorCal Einstein
04-29-2012, 2:35 PM
Not like I would sell my M&P9 Pro Series, but from some of the recent threads I've seen from members chomping at the bit to get their hands on one, I bet I could get maybe $75-100 over what other Pro Series (in free states) are selling for. All this is just the supply and demand concept. From what I see it's just really tough for people to get their hands on one right now.

CAglock20c
04-29-2012, 6:08 PM
yep, all about supply and demand. for some people who dont have the means to purchase an off roster pistol and dont want to wait for a good deal, then they usually end up paying more