PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shows

BaronW
04-29-2007, 2:39 PM
How does buying a gun at a gun show work? Or is it more or less impossible due to waiting periods?

ghost
04-29-2007, 2:44 PM
its the same.you still have to wait your 10 days and either you pick it up from the dealer you bought it from or they can ship to your ffl of choice.

Hunter
04-29-2007, 4:30 PM
How does buying a gun at a gun show work? Or is it more or less impossible due to waiting periods?

In addition to what Ghost said already, Gun Shows in Ca will typically have a couple "transfer" dealers present who are from the local area. When you find a gun you want from a seller, you can just take the gun to the local transfer dealer to handle the paperwork. He will transfer the gun to his books and then take posession of the firearm for the 10 day waiting period. You will then pick it up at his FFL location.

grammaton76
04-30-2007, 12:29 PM
If it's a rifle/shotgun from a private seller (NOT a vendor... some guy walking around, or some guy with a table who isn't a 01 FFL) and over 50 years old, it's cash and carry.

Also, if it's pre-1900 or black powder, cash and carry. I'm not sure if this applies to ALL black powder though.

DIG
04-30-2007, 6:03 PM

No way to get around the 10-day waiting period. No cash-n-carry at shows. Personally, I don't mind waiting and think it's a scarey notion to have a cash-n-carry situation with as many loonies as there are out there.

proraptor
04-30-2007, 7:08 PM
No way to get around the 10-day waiting period. No cash-n-carry at shows. Personally, I don't mind waiting and think it's a scarey notion to have a cash-n-carry situation with as many loonies as there are out there.

I cant believe you just said that....I hate waiting and I hate my freedoms being taken away....I guess you dont:rolleyes:

moulton
04-30-2007, 7:42 PM
I can understand, and respect, what you wrote, but c'mon...tell me you haven't seen nutballs, bizarros, and complete idiots at gun shows.

Gun shows are freaking loon-ball conventions.:p

http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/~edneckForces.jpg
what ya talking about willis?

mcubed4130
04-30-2007, 10:56 PM

There is some talk about legislation, that will create a method to identify people who already own firearms... (I know - I know)...

But it's interesting because, the idea was, if the gun dealer - already can verify you already own a firearm legally... then the risk is greatly reduced, and therefore the 10day period would be removed - to buy your next firearm.

It's like a local range near my house. If I go alone, I'm not allowed to rent a gun. If I bring my own gun, then I am allowed to rent from them... i.e. I have proven if I am going to be an evil guy, or a suicide case - it would have already happened.

-M3

BaronW
05-01-2007, 7:55 PM
I'd rather wait.