PDA

View Full Version : .22 AR Pressure Plug

shadow65
04-28-2012, 9:41 AM
I recently tested this simple little gem!
If you are having light strikes or FTE's with your .22 conversion or dedicated upper and use the buffer/spring in you lower, this may help you.
It puts pressure against the end plate on the .22 BCG which in turn keeps the BCG from moving upon recoil.
I recommend this especially for the price.
Easy to install and remove.
The shape makes it easy to close and open the upper.
Good, cheap insurance!
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Taccom3g_buffer.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Taccom3g_bufferll.jpg

http://www.taccom3g.com/22INSERT_PRESSURE_PLUG.html

uxo2
04-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Interesting......

paintballdad
04-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Wouldn't mind trying one out but shipping cost more than the product. LOL

shadow65
04-28-2012, 2:16 PM
I talked with him on the shipping. Give him a call for USPS. He's working on updating shipping options on small parts.

I'm working with him on some projects that will be real cool.
Ultra light weight .22 AR's for 3 gun matches are one I'm really looking forward to.
He is coming out with a skelotonized butt stock that will weigh 5-6 oz!
Ultra light weight barrels too.
Dave N

NorCalDustin
04-28-2012, 2:25 PM
Wow that sounds really exciting..

TACCOM3G
04-28-2012, 2:34 PM
ok....been registered here for a couple weeks I think, and this is my first post.

I HATE paying more for shipping than the part costs!!! However, I am a firearms designer and not an INET guru. I did'nt know how to change the shipping.....figured it out now.

And....FYI.....I'm giving SERIOUS thought to signing on this board as a Dealer. This is a HUGE community!!

Tim

shadow65
04-28-2012, 4:52 PM
The Calgunners are a great bunch of people. I've met a lot of friends in the last year here.
Lot's of .22 interest too.
Dave N

shadow65
04-29-2012, 1:36 PM
http://www.taccom3g.com/22INSERT_PRESSURE_PLUG.html
$5 shipping on this part now!:D

NorCalDustin
04-29-2012, 7:49 PM
Bought one... Excited...

ebencikiv
04-29-2012, 9:35 PM
^ Same here, I hope this fixes my light strikes.

speeedracerr
04-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Purchased 2 of these plugs as well as a AR15 Conversion kit and paid the $9.95 shipping :) Can't wait to test these products out!

deviljon
04-30-2012, 8:52 AM
Dave, have you heard of any issues running the dedicated uppers with no buffer and spring?

paintballdad
04-30-2012, 8:55 AM
TACCOM3G, thanks for the quick response on the shipping. I just placed an order for a pressure plug to try out.

NorCalDustin
04-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Dave, have you heard of any issues running the dedicated uppers with no buffer and spring?
Some guys have issues... They seem to be very uncommon but do happen... I dont really have any issue but I bought one to see if they will improve reliability at all when I start going over the 700rd count without cleaning :P.

shadow65
04-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Yes, the bcg can move, even though the collar is snapped to the barrel. The movement can absord the impact from the hammer strike, resulting in light strikes.
If there is enough movement, it could cause the angle of the feed ramp to magazine, chamber, to be off resulting in FTF's and FTE's.

The buffer and spring can give some tension to the BCG, but not much. That is where the plug comes into play.
All bcg's don't have this problem. But it's tolerances again. If you bcg frame is shorter than the upper receiver, you could have problems.
Dave N

ejhc11
04-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Yes, ordered two yesterday. Already received USPS notification from Tim. I was getting light strikes on certain ammo so am looking forward to get that issue resolved with this plug.

Received mine - made of a hard polymer type of material. Shipped fast. Thanks. Will drop it in and try it out next week on my two CMMG dedicated uppers.

Lifeon2whls
04-30-2012, 1:21 PM
Bought one...can't wait to try it out. I love playing with my .22 conversion, just annoying when I get a light strike and have to clear it.

speeedracerr
05-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Just received both .22 plugs and my .22 conversion kit. Appears to be a great product and will be testing it sometime this week. I will probably purchase another one as extras.

speeedracerr
05-04-2012, 4:40 AM
Got to test the .22 plug yesterday and worked great without a hitch! No light primer strikes and felt really solid. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has a conversion kit or dedicated .22 upper. :)

shadow65
05-04-2012, 9:18 AM
What I have found too. Good to hear from other users.
Dave N

NorCalDustin
05-04-2012, 10:51 AM
I've got my plug too, It's an interesting product and I cant wait to take it out and see if there's any overall improvement.

I do like that it's not super heavy.

htfan
05-05-2012, 6:57 AM
Just ordered one based on the feedback above... can't wait to try it out at the range!

NorCalDustin
05-06-2012, 11:02 AM
ok....been registered here for a couple weeks I think, and this is my first post.

I HATE paying more for shipping than the part costs!!! However, I am a firearms designer and not an INET guru. I did'nt know how to change the shipping.....figured it out now.

And....FYI.....I'm giving SERIOUS thought to signing on this board as a Dealer. This is a HUGE community!!

Tim
We are a huge community and we love rimfire (there are far fewer restrictions on rimfire firearms in CA) which makes them awesome... That combined with the fact that its so inexpensive to shoot... And with dedicated uppers you can get extreme levels of reliability & accuracy while still being able to throw any aftermarket accessory you want on them.

Anchors
05-06-2012, 7:24 PM
Tagged.

shadow65
05-07-2012, 3:29 AM
I picked another one up for my M4 LE.

Lifeon2whls
05-21-2012, 4:30 PM
I was able to put 150 rounds through my MP15 with the CMMG conversion with the plug. Prior to the plug I was getting about 1 FTF per 10 rounds and/or 1-2 light strikes. After the plug, I had 1 FTF in all of the 150 rounds. I was still getting consistent light strikes, but not as many as I had previously. I noticed most light strikes happened on the first round and if I only loaded 8 rounds in the mag I wouldnt have the issue. Total round count for the conversion is about 250, so I believe part of this is getting the system broken in as I've noticed it getting increasingly smoother.

The biggest improvement is that I was having problems with the bolt holding open after the last shot. With the plug in, Zero issues.

shadow65
05-21-2012, 5:55 PM
Now that is interesting. The BHOA worked with no issues. Hmmm.
BONUS!

IPSICK
05-21-2012, 9:13 PM
I wonder if this would have fixed my issue with light primer strikes using a Geissele S3G with a Nordic NC22 upper. Too late for me now I guess, I had a JP trigger installed into my lower instead.

TACCOM3G
05-22-2012, 3:48 AM
I wonder if this would have fixed my issue with light primer strikes using a Geissele S3G with a Nordic NC22 upper. Too late for me now I guess, I had a JP trigger installed into my lower instead.

You went the right way putting the JP trigger on with your NC22 upper.....the Nordic is about the only upper out there that would not benefit from "The Pressure Plug" as it does not use rails like the Ceiner design. Also, the Nordic, with having a backer that spreads out the bolt impact over a larger area on the lower is less likely to get damaged as well.

The Pressure Plug (IMHO) is best used with CMMG, Spikes, TacSol, Chiappa, Target Master, Velocity inserts. I am sure I missed a couple of companies....but basically, if it has rails and the collar/adaptor is attached to it.....the plug will help you out with your woes.

We also believe that if you use the pressure plug.....the detent on the CMMG collars is really no longer needed and could be removed.

Tim

Lifeon2whls
05-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Now that is interesting. The BHOA worked with no issues. Hmmm.
BONUS!

Yep...before the plug, the BHOA worked about 30% of the time. Again may have been a break in issue but things seemed to have smoothed out with the plug minus the light strikes.

paintballdad
05-22-2012, 1:30 PM
I had a CMMG upper that was sent back due to light primer strikes last December. I had a failure to fire about 70% of the time. Ran it with and without the buffer and spring with the same results.
I've had the upper back since then but have not tried it out till last week. Tried it first without the pressure plug for 100 rounds and it ran flawlessly, even the BHOA worked like a charm. Installed the pressure plug and tried it for another 100 rounds. No malfunctions of any kind. Did notice a more consistent strike on the case rim with the pressure plug installed. Although my upper seemed to work without the pressure plug (thanks CMMG), i think it is still a good idea to have one installed to decrease the chance of malfunctions.

deviljon
05-22-2012, 1:35 PM
Wait, if I want to run this, does the buffer and spring need to be in the tube? I don't want to use the spring and buffer but wouldn't mind having this as an added security.

bloodhawke83
05-22-2012, 1:50 PM
Sweet, I'll order one later.

My CMMG BCG has gone back into the buffer tube, once in a while I hear the sound from the buffer tube.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

paintballdad
05-22-2012, 2:44 PM
Wait, if I want to run this, does the buffer and spring need to be in the tube? I don't want to use the spring and buffer but wouldn't mind having this as an added security.

Yes, the spring and buffer is what pushes the pressure plug against the AR-22 bolt assembly. Although you should be able to run it with just the spring (no buffer) and pressure plug.

bloodhawke83
05-25-2012, 7:26 PM
Just got the plug today, installed and the bolt feels a more solid pulling it back. Taking it shooting Sunday and I'll have a full report.

H2H
05-25-2012, 7:35 PM
good product. I got mine when Tim released it on ar15.com