PDA

View Full Version : Ok people... NO ILLEGAL INTERNET HUNTING!

E Pluribus Unum
04-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Found this law today:

Fish and Game code:

3003. (a) It is unlawful for any person to shoot, shoot at, or kill
any bird or mammal with any gun or other device accessed via an
Internet connection in this state.

Last I checked, my M1A did not have an RJ45 plug....

SemiAutoSam
04-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes but does your M1A have a 56K modem.

if so it may have a RJ11 connector.

Found this law today:

Fish and Game code:

E Pluribus Unum
04-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Yes but does your M1A have a 56K modem.

if so it may have a RJ11 connector.

Not enough bandwidth to support full motion video....

P.S.
You got me looking through F&G laws a hole... ;)

Hunter
04-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Found this law today:

Fish and Game code:

This law was enacted 2 years ago as the result of the business operation in Texas where you could shoot/kill an animal using the website. You would actually manipulate a rifle using your mouse. A live person was on the other end overseeing the actual kill.

E Pluribus Unum
04-29-2007, 11:30 AM
This law was enacted 2 years ago as the result of the business operation in Texas where you could shoot/kill an animal using the website. You would actually manuputlated a rifle using your mouse. A live person was on the other end overseeing the actual kill.

That is the epitome of laziness....

I need your help over here:

DFG has jurisdiction over ALL game in California... on private property or not. If they have probable cause that game is being taken they can enter private property to investigate.

If you have a hook in water, you need a fishing license; even if you bought and planted the fish in your own private pond.

If you are hunting game on your own property you are still subject to hunting laws.

SemiAutoSam
04-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Sorry just wanted to show you the light. Just showing you where BS F&G laws aren't applicable.

Not enough bandwidth to support full motion video....

P.S.
You got me looking through F&G laws a hole... ;)

leelaw
04-29-2007, 1:57 PM
My Garand supports POTS.

ldivinag
04-29-2007, 3:09 PM
lol...

my last OLL build now supports WIFI... working on the N specs.

in fact, i'm writing this post through the OLL!

Technical Ted
04-29-2007, 3:28 PM
Currently you can make your AK USB2 compatible with one of these:
http://www.audiobooksforfree.com/kalashnikov/ak-mp3.asp
http://www.audiobooksforfree.com/kalashnikov/P0000381small.jpg
(Next week someone will start a thread about this after seeing it posted on another forum by a member who saw it here. Just like I did, only this is a couple of years old.)

Rem1492
04-29-2007, 4:10 PM
Texas got the Idea after seeing UAV feeds of us nailing Jihadis mortaring our bases, walking away 100yds and acting like they got away with it, then getting smoked via remote control.

If we can do it to people, why can't we do it to a deer? Have the sucker picked up by a Mars lander type of thing, and auto stripped by robo-taxidermy and auto packed and labeled for UPS overnight delivery.

What was that? good way to secure a border? say what?

artherd
04-30-2007, 2:40 AM
Actually I belive one may take fish that have been stocked in their own pond w/o a fishing license. Either that, or limits do not apply; it's late and I'm not sure anymore.

adamsreeftank
04-30-2007, 5:52 AM
I thought part of the internet hunting thing was to allow disabled people to hunt. I wonder if that law is ADA compliant.

patman
04-30-2007, 8:47 AM
Hunting over the internet?

Would it really matter if it was real or the cabella's hunting program (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00004U54U/ref=dp_image_0/002-6585608-6857663?ie=UTF8&n=468642&s=videogames) ;)

SemiAutoSam
04-30-2007, 9:59 AM
Maybe we could get Border Patrol / Immigration AKA ICE / LA MIGRA to hook up this system at the southern border fence ?

bwiese
04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
There was an uproar awhile back when a Texas game ranch allowed computer-controlled rifles (with cameras) to be manipulated over the internet, allowing 'Internet hunting'.

It appears completely legal to run such remotely/electronically managed hunts, however, over other non-Internet computer networks. Perhaps we can bring back mainframes with SNA! :)

slick_711
04-30-2007, 12:38 PM
This just makes me think of that Bruce Willis movie with the remote-controlled .50BMG mounted in the soccer-mom-esque van.

grammaton76
04-30-2007, 2:33 PM
Don't forget reptiles and amphibians. If we had crocs and gators, you could hunt them over the internet in California.

scewper
04-30-2007, 2:45 PM

Hmm.. doesn't say anything about intranet. I suppose you could connect to a remotely operated system through your own private network and be okay?

-hanko
04-30-2007, 4:18 PM
I thought part of the internet hunting thing was to allow disabled people to hunt.
Part of the internet hunting thing was to allow folks to make big money. Try the difference between hung & slaughter, perhaps.;)

-hanko

adamsreeftank
05-01-2007, 1:46 AM
Part of the internet hunting thing was to allow folks to make big money. Try the difference between hung & slaughter, perhaps.;)

-hanko

One man's slaughter is another man's steak dinner.

;)

1stLineGear
05-01-2007, 8:01 AM
Maybe we could get Border Patrol / Immigration AKA ICE / LA MIGRA to hook up this system at the southern border fence ?

A full auto pepper ball rifle would do. We use those all the time on the border. It would give the camera operators something else to do.

Forever-A-Soldier
05-01-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.kirstenp.claranet.de/moviefaces/actor/w/bw_jackel02.jpg

Darn... no duck hunting anymore for this guy! :D

F.A.S. Out

-hanko
05-01-2007, 1:51 PM
One man's slaughter is another man's steak dinner.;)
But definitely not hunting, unless my definition is out of date;)

-hanko