PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Calguns!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

dave nelson
06-02-2011, 9:26 PM
hey everyone. just testing to make sure I can post.

MajorMalphunction
06-03-2011, 2:36 AM
Hello all! I figured I'd post a little something for everyone to know know me...
First timer on Calguns. I currently own a K31 "Emma" and a M91/30 "Varvara."

-Major

usmcdevildog
06-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Nice forum. I am alarmed by all the gun laws California has. I've always wanted a Thompson copy (semi-auto only) with a 50 round drum clip but I see California will not allow it. Holsters, some or all, cannot be shipped to California. Whose idea was this to enact these laws? Just because someone gets a fingernail blown off by a firecracker does not mean all people may no longer set off a few firecrackers. But in California, it does. OK. The only way to get the laws changed is to write the politicians. I've been raised around guns. I bought a SS SW 5 shot snubby and 50 cartridges around 5 years ago and I have not fired that pistol at all. It's just sitting in my gun case. Ho hum. I'm not an active shooter. But I am alarmed that any good citizen has less choice than the good citizens have had for the last 200 plus years.

tankerdan
06-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Just joined after attending Turner's shooting fair in Corona. Had a great time, so did my twin boys (age 12) who had never shot anything before. They can now say they have shot the AR in 5.56 and .308, AK in both calibers,.22's, westerns six shooters and rifles. They still can't stop talking about it. looking forward to more happy shoting in the Rancho Cucamonga area. Best regards to all, Tankerdan.

BushyAR15
06-07-2011, 5:07 AM
Howdy!

Grew up in the San Fernando valley, now reside in Colorado. Still have a lot of family in SoCal with whom I visit.

Been curious about how things differ in Cali to other states.

AmadorComp
06-07-2011, 6:19 PM
New to the site. Was doing a Google on CCW information and your link to this website showed up. I've trap shot back in PA, but now would like to get into sidearms, and would like to learn the right way, by the right people.

I'm glad to be here and look forward in meeting some of you and getting to know how to be safe and sane.

Snake207
06-08-2011, 7:12 AM
Greeting all!

I'm coming to California next month for a training class, so I figured this would be a great place to learn about CA laws in relation to guns, magazines, etc.

A Cosssssssby Sweater
06-08-2011, 4:33 PM
Hello all, new here and checking in. I'm new to guns but have seen many action packed movies in my time :)

This forum looks likes a great place to learn.

HooRay
06-08-2011, 8:33 PM
hello Calgun site and fellow members... I own a AR-15 for about 4months now, and love everything about it. Im looking forward to reading alot/everything I can know about firearms. And maybe on the way make a few new friends.

Goahawk
06-08-2011, 9:07 PM
Hey all!

Was recently referred to this site by a friend. Lurked around a bit and finally decided to sign up.

Currently getting back into shooting after a long hiatus and selling my rifles, I sure have missed going to the range with friends.

I purchased a Springfield XD .45cal I like it but that ammo is darn expensive so I'll be looking into something of a plinker....maybe a Sig p226 with the 22lr conversion kit.

Have a pleasant evening!

bsg
06-08-2011, 9:24 PM
Hello all, new here and checking in. I'm new to guns but have seen many action packed movies in my time :)

This forum looks likes a great place to learn.

welcome to the forum.

Sneaky
06-08-2011, 9:34 PM
Hey everyone, Im newly registered here ive been lookin through here for awhile and figured I might as well get all signed up! ill let ya all kno im up in Grass Valley, CA
I recently started building an AR and figured I maybe able to get some input from some fellow Californians.:ninja:

Psychobroker
06-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Hello, and thank you calguns fora great site! I made my very first trip to the local range (Insight in Artesia) a couple weeks back with my brother in law to put in a couple hours with his Glock 19. Nice gun, but I am looking for a .357 magnum revolver, 4" barrel, as a first gun and for home defense -- funds are tight, of course, but I'm looking for used Ruger GP100's, Taurus', or Rossis, prefering the Ruger based on what I can gather from the folks on this site :).

I've fired 22 LR's in the past, but the Glock was my first time with a handgun, and I did fairly well ;). Now I've got the itch to get better / more comfortable and overall just master the first one I pick up. I'm worried about the economy and have a wife and kid to protect... but it's also a fun of course (always will be safe & responsible!).

Anyway, thanks for this great resource and for any advise you can bestow upon me... or even point me in the direction of a good deal on a Ruger GP100 :D.

bjl333
06-10-2011, 8:23 AM
Welcome to Calguns !!!

BajaJames83
06-10-2011, 9:53 PM
New just trying to figure this all out.

tankerdan
06-12-2011, 8:25 PM
Hey Wild Flower, saw your post and since I also live in Rancho figured Id say hello. Im looking to start an AR build. Do you of your hubby by chance own/build any? Best regards, Tankerdan.

Hilldweller
06-13-2011, 1:37 PM
:eek: another newbie???? Yuppers !
Been lurking and reading for about a week now. Interesting stuff.
Retired now and looking for a good pastime. Shot long ago (in my yute) and enjoyed it, but haven't touched a gun in over 20 years. Now just looking to see how (much) things have changed; rule wise. [ie: what you can have, where you can shoot, etc]
From what I've read so far, it looks like this is the right place to start.

oh, and yes I said 'yute' on purpose.

t42beal13t
06-13-2011, 5:43 PM
Hello from NC!
I've been a long time reader over here, but never took the plunge to join since I'm not in CA. But I may be moving within the next year or so so I figured I would lay down some rifle roots! I'm looking forward to being over here.

Thanks for having me!

SkareKrow
06-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Hows it everyone. I have been lurking hard on this site for a while and decided to join up. I just picked up a Glock with my tax return( score!) and have been really curious about the laws in this state. Want to make sure im doing things right and this place has the best information. So thanks to all who have helped and I look foward to getting to know you guys

Clatcher
06-15-2011, 10:13 AM
thanks you so much for post)

Jeller
06-15-2011, 7:37 PM
Hey guys...I need some help! I've been viewing Calguns for years as an excellent reference tool. I joined to post a fundraising competition that my Rotary Club is putting on at Wes Thompson's range. It's posted as the 1st Annual Labor Day Shooting Competition at Wes Thompson's Range. This should be a great event and we're giving away four nice rifles as prizes. What do I need to do to get the word out? I've had zero comments to my threads posted under the 'Shoots' and 'Competition' forum. Please advise....this is a worthy fundraiser and will be a lot of fun!

Lady_n_Red
06-23-2011, 3:03 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to this site and well new to shooting guns. My husband decided it was time to teach me and I got to shoot a 8mm mauser and a sks45 last night. I admit at first I was nervous but after the first shot WOW what a thrill...I want to go back for more! :73:

Cody_2ZZ
06-23-2011, 3:53 PM
Hey all. I've been shooting since I was a kid but I recently turned 21 and received a beautiful S&W .45 Long Colt for my birthday and have since bought a .22 LR for messing around with at the range. Might even bag some small game with it. Anyways, I stumbled across this site and it's awesome. I look forward to reading through all the great info here. Cheers!

conanobrennan
06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi i just bought my first handgun yesterday. won't be mine for a couple of more weeks due to consignment rules and 10 day waiting period but i get to do lots of research in the meantime and I came across calguns. Nice to meet you all!

nyj09
06-24-2011, 12:20 AM
Hello from Redding!

Glad to be here, I was informed of calguns from calccw and I look forward to sharing insight.

bjl333
06-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Welcome to Calguns!!! Jump in with any questions ...

bsg
06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Hello from Redding!

Glad to be here, I was informed of calguns from calccw and I look forward to sharing insight.

welcome to the forum.

socal70xr7
06-27-2011, 7:43 PM
Hi All,
My name is Kevin and I am in S. O.C. Got into guns last year and now understand why my uncle is into them. Mind you my uncle is only 5 yrs older than I. Anyway I am starting the process of building a .308 for which I picked up a "22 fluted barrel for at the last OC fairgrounds show. I am looking to sell my wasr 10 that is a year old to pay for the .308 build. Hopefully a guy at work comes through as a few others have flaked on me. I am also looking for sks parts minus the receiver for another build I have on the back burner. I saw the booth at the last show but was kind of shy about walking up as I don't know more about guns than I do so instead of looking like a 47 yr old dope I just kept on moving along! :)

biloutkast
06-29-2011, 1:18 PM
Welcome aboard~!

Hairballusmaximus
06-29-2011, 5:53 PM
Hi, came across forum during research. Seems like a good place to be.

bsg
06-30-2011, 7:13 PM
Hi, came across forum during research. Seems like a good place to be.

i had heard of it... but dropped in the same way you did.

welcome to the forum.

Greywolf27
07-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Hello everyone!!
Been meaning to join for some time. Met Chad at the Appleseed Project shoot out in Corona in late June.

lstgnfghtr
07-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Hello all. Just joined. Love the amount of info here...wish I'd found this site much earlier. East SF Bay resident, but I fly for Uncle Sam (ANG Enlisted C-130 Crewman), so I'm ALL over the place...ALL the time.

Seems like everytime I leave home, I come back to new and yet more cryptic laws, regs, and attitudes. Nice to see a CA specific forum I can peruse while on the road or OCONUS...so y'all can keep me informed on what ELSE ends up illegal (or proposed to be illegal) in my absence(s). :-/

series11
07-05-2011, 3:06 PM
I'm new to the site but I've used this site for all my CA gun questions and since I have used it more often I figured I'd join up and also have a friend on here. "Warning Bagpiper is Armed" she is getting a Saiga which I had a hand in by letting her shoot mine. So thanks you guys and girls for answering my questions and looking forward to some good posts.

Molby242
07-07-2011, 6:05 PM
Hi!
Molby W.
SF Bay Area (south)
Construction Mgmt.

Been using this site for some time doing research. Just bought a SigP226R .40SW. Have an LMT MRP (Piston) coming soon. Can't wait!

daregone
07-08-2011, 4:19 PM
Hi Guys,

New to posting, but have been lurking for awhile. I grew up with guns around the house, but only recently purchased my own - M&P .40 and Mossberg 930spx

I design, exhibit booths, furniture - just about anything. So, when I got to looking into building an AR, I was pretty excited to find this forum.

Please be gentle as I am sure I will be asking basic and redundant questions.

D.G.

ojisan
07-08-2011, 5:29 PM
Welcome lurkers!
:)
Tons of info here.
Be sure to read the rules for the For Sale section before responding there.
It's a good idea to give your general location in your profile (upper right corner) since CA is such a big place.
You might find other CalGunners right in your area!

mountain hawk
07-08-2011, 8:47 PM
Greetings from the central mountains...I was born and raised in California, but just moved back here after living in Nevada for a while. I am interested in getting to know the California gun community a little better, and get caught up on all of the gun issues here that I have missed while living out of state. I have been shooting since I was 10 or so, but I know there is always room for improvment and hope to learn quite a few things during my time here.

epcii
07-10-2011, 12:51 AM
I mostly lurk around here, and just thought I'd say, "Hello!" I appreciate the wealth of information here (mainly in the CCW subforum) due to the hard work of those responsible for making an effort towards CCW reform in CA. Your work is appreciated. :D

r2d2
07-10-2011, 9:22 AM
been lurking for a while. met some members yesterday @ falcon security's tactical rifle I class & they suggested i join the community. so here i am. yeehaw!

db

hydronaut3
07-10-2011, 1:25 PM
Hello Everyone. Where's the best forum to post the sale of a pistol barrel?

-MC

XDMulisha
07-11-2011, 1:06 AM
I am currently looking for a Magpul Billet lower and I heard that every once in a while they are for sale on here, please, please let me know if one becomes available, thanks

-peter

kosherbacon
07-12-2011, 2:45 PM
Hello from the South Bay! I'll try not to be too stupid on this fine board. :D

bsg
07-12-2011, 6:54 PM
Hello Everyone. Where's the best forum to post the sale of a pistol barrel?

-MC

welcome to the forum.

you can list your pistol barrel on the "Private Firearm Parts & Accessories Sales" section of the forum. read instructions for posting first.

Mountain Mike
07-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Hello all,

I will be moving to the PRK in the sierras in a few weeks from the free state of Colorado, most from here ask why, bewildered in the thought? :confused:
I am a native Chicago Southsider and glad to be out of there....:rolleyes:

I have been active for several years on a similar site to this in Co www.co-ar15.com

biloutkast
07-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Welcome~!

ObeliskIntl
07-13-2011, 5:22 PM
Howdy folks,

I'm brand new to this forum, it was recommended to me by my colleague Wayne P. who has been in the private security business for 15 years. Personally, I'm a MI type with a collector's background, so I'm trying to learn all the business behind the industry.

I'm looking forward to offering equipment reviews on our home page of the company website, and offering an information product on an hourly basis available for ops lessons learned - we've got a major high risk op in Mexico City coming up.

Anyway, I'm former JTTF-6 Task Coordinator HUMINT Support Det Foster Avenue, and a former Class 2 Sworn Officer of the 4th District in DC. I'm looking forward to promoting our classes, operations, and sharing in equipment discussions with you all.

All my best,
Rach

glock23guy
07-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi All,

I am currently a Pennsylvania resident who is looking to move to your beautiful state(specifically San Diego ) early next summer. Being an avid hunter, fisher, gun owner and CCW holder (actually called an LTCF here in PA), I decided I should start checking up on the laws in what will hopefully be my new home! Your site has been extremely helpful so far. So thank you to all of the folks who have put this great site together!

.45-ACP-4-ME
07-16-2011, 9:11 AM
Welcome

bjl333
07-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Welcome to Calguns !!!

PotShotter
07-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi, I just joined and also donated, happy to be aboard!

Bob

Federal
07-20-2011, 4:24 AM
New here!
Long time reader, first time poster!
I'm glad I finally joined :)

jazzyjey
07-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Excited to be part of this awesome group. New to firearms ownership.

JTQ911
07-21-2011, 1:08 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jim and am currently fighting a 1911 and EBR addiction. I'm often on the 1911 forum and XDtalk but it looks like I've found another interesting place to hang out.

Regards,

Jim

Beccalew
07-22-2011, 10:09 AM
I just wanted to introduce myself....Hi Im Beccalew :o
So I have read a bit of the Faq's so Im not sure if i missed it but I post hand guns for sale on this forum or no?
Thanks for your help and sorry in advance it I just missed this answer someplace :o

N0RT0N
07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Hello everybody,

I've been using this site for information and decided to become a member. My name is Marty and I like guns. All kinds of guns, from ancient hand cannons to futuristic concepts. I like them all.

Marty

ktm450sx
07-23-2011, 9:22 AM
I am grateful for this forum, where I can gain so much knowledge for firearms and the laws in our particular state.

JMHL
07-23-2011, 4:03 PM
Hello all, been lurking for a while and decided to finally join. Tons of info and great chats, can't wait.

bsg
07-23-2011, 4:29 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself....Hi Im Beccalew :o
So I have read a bit of the Faq's so Im not sure if i missed it but I post hand guns for sale on this forum or no?
Thanks for your help and sorry in advance it I just missed this answer someplace :o

yes... you can post hand guns for sale on the forum; see the "Private Firearms Sales" section of the forum. read the rules before posting.

welcome to the forum.

al8550
07-23-2011, 4:35 PM
Hi i just bought my first handgun yesterday. won't be mine for a couple of more weeks due to consignment rules and 10 day waiting period but i get to do lots of research in the meantime and I came across calguns. Nice to meet you all!

hey good meet you too, welcome

snapdragon
07-23-2011, 7:21 PM
Hi, I was referred here by a friend. My father passed away in January, I've been cleaning out the house. I've found some guns that he had stored in the garage. There are a couple of 22s, they were easy enough to identify. Then there is a big old shotgun. Does anyone know of a reputable shop in the SF Bay Area, preferably the South Bay, where I might take this gun to get it ID'd?

Deadeye56
07-24-2011, 3:36 PM
Hi Everyone, I've been a viewer of the site for years and now newly registered. Ex-Army Vet, NRA Member for many years. Quiet dude, first post ever, thanks for having me.

biloutkast
07-25-2011, 8:30 AM
Welcome aboard~!

mxstylie
07-25-2011, 3:11 PM
I just found this page last week. I am looking into building a rifle for myself for fun. This seems like a great place to find information and answers to my questions before I start.

snapdragon
07-25-2011, 5:37 PM
No nibbles huh? Should I post this in a different forum?

Hi, I was referred here by a friend. My father passed away in January, I've been cleaning out the house. I've found some guns that he had stored in the garage. There are a couple of 22s, they were easy enough to identify. Then there is a big old shotgun. Does anyone know of a reputable shop in the SF Bay Area, preferably the South Bay, where I might take this gun to get it ID'd?

jdberger
07-25-2011, 8:21 PM
No nibbles huh? Should I post this in a different forum?

Post up pics in the C&R forum. Someone will be able to ID it pretty quick. Take pics of all the markings/proof stamps, too.

snapdragon
07-27-2011, 4:10 PM
Post up pics in the C&R forum. Someone will be able to ID it pretty quick. Take pics of all the markings/proof stamps, too.

Thanks jd, I'll do that.

FreddyC82
07-28-2011, 4:01 PM
I'm new to the site because I just found it, I'm an army veteran with 4 deployments under my belt as 11B2P (Airborne Infantry) and I love guns but not to happy about California gun laws. So I'm here to make friends that share my love for shooting and guns

moneyhauler
07-30-2011, 11:08 PM
I was born and raised in LA(Hollywood) and spent the last 6 years of my cali sentence-haha-in Palm Springs before I moved to Las Vegas(now in Henderson) Nevada in 2006.I don't know what is worse,having babs and feensteen as my senators or dirty harry freakin' reid as my senior senator!

LoRicon
07-31-2011, 4:22 PM
Hello all,

I just registered. I'm a brand new owner of a Marlin 336C .30-30 Winchester. I'm getting ready to look for the calgun list of regulations to keep handy with me.

Just droppin in to say hi!

bsg
07-31-2011, 8:00 PM
Hi Everyone, I've been a viewer of the site for years and now newly registered. Ex-Army Vet, NRA Member for many years. Quiet dude, first post ever, thanks for having me.

welcome to the forum.

CLIFF
07-31-2011, 9:57 PM
Hi Everyone new here long time reader here and got lots of info on how to get the better wasr 10 and did.

modarmory
08-01-2011, 2:35 PM
Hello! Saying hi there, hey there, ho there. We are a business located in Colorado Springs and deal in tactical accessories. Haven't found information about what business are allowed / not allowed to post. Appreciate any feedback or helpful tips. There is the boss man - owns triple digits number of guns and has shot everything under the sun. Then there is i - slave / helper person. New to shooting, and i don't know alot. Looking forward to learning more!

NorCal1911Fan
08-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Hi there. Been reading the site on and off for a few years. Grew up in the east bay area and now living in Napa after a few years in Washington State. Figured it was time to post and become more involved.

bsg
08-02-2011, 2:39 AM
Hello! Saying hi there, hey there, ho there. We are a business located in Colorado Springs and deal in tactical accessories. Haven't found information about what business are allowed / not allowed to post. Appreciate any feedback or helpful tips. There is the boss man - owns triple digits number of guns and has shot everything under the sun. Then there is i - slave / helper person. New to shooting, and i don't know alot. Looking forward to learning more!

helper person is just as welcome as his boss around here.

welcome to the forum.

gabe_jung
08-02-2011, 3:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just new to this website. Wanted to introduce myself, My name is Gabriel and wanted to find out if any member knows pretty good gun shops for guns, and ammos in the Bay area (I'm located in Fremont). Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Mike_R
08-02-2011, 9:16 PM
Hello
im new to site love it live in north county san diego

jacktrapshoot
08-04-2011, 8:47 PM
Hi,
New to the site and glad I found it.

Live in the Valley (SFV) and went trap shooting for the first time a coupel days ago.

I'm 55, don't play golf, can't race MX anymore, have boys in high school, and think I'm going to go shoot some more clay pidgins.

Problem is I don't have a shotgun I can use at the range I want to go to. What I do have is an M1 carbine, Winchester 30 30, and Mosberg 12 gage pump. So... I'm thinking trade but some advice may be in order before I take the leap.

Any way, will be doing lots of reading.

Cheers,

Flip_Shot
08-04-2011, 10:01 PM
New gun owner, my web searches would send me here. Glad to be here. V/R Flip_Shot

bjl333
08-05-2011, 8:38 PM
Welcome to Calguns Y'all !!!

Silverone858
08-06-2011, 4:46 PM
Hello im new to the forum kinda new to guns. I got to shoot my brother in laws cia galil and Robinson xcr and now have caught the bug:drool5:
I hope to join an ak building party soon as I can get a kit together.
Thank you for having me!

dmess0r
08-06-2011, 6:25 PM
Good afternoon. I'm an FN 5.7x28mm owner in the East Bay. I've known about CalGuns for some time now, but this is the first time I'm posting here. I try to make it to the open-carry events so if you see a guy sporting a blackhawk serpa for the FN, that's me.

Cheers.

g_conway
08-07-2011, 2:20 PM
Hi all, New to the site.

ZombieHunter28
08-07-2011, 5:06 PM
Hi I'm new here just want to say hello

ZombieHunter28
08-07-2011, 5:10 PM
I trying to find a wasr ak or ar15 ca legal

ZombieHunter28
08-07-2011, 5:10 PM
can anybody point me in the right direction

XLBuilder
08-07-2011, 7:35 PM
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I am currently in the Navy. I have been doing it for the past 7 years. I just bought my first gun. A basic Glock 17. I am looking into buying a Mossberg 590A1 for my second gun. I have been doing a lot of reading on this site. Thanks for the great place to learn.

carlosdarwin
08-07-2011, 9:39 PM
Greetings Calgunners! I'm somewhat new to shooting (plinked a bit as a kid, but just got back into it a few months ago). I've got a Taurus .38 and will be riding an S&W 686+ after Tuesday (the anticipation feels like Christmas in August!). Just want to share my enthusiasm for a great sport that is fulfilling in so many ways. The people seem great too!
:22:

Medic226
08-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Hello Everyone,
My name is Kevin and I am obviously new to this website. Friend told me about and since I am looking to buy my first AR thought I would join up. So Hi again.

Medic226
08-08-2011, 10:43 PM
What do you do in the Navy? I am looking into doing the Reserves as a Corspman.

Gunhead
08-09-2011, 2:34 AM
Hey there. Started shooting a couple months ago (only been to the range twice due to budget constraints). Been a firearm enthusiast since I was 12 or so. I've got some leftist politics, some right, but unilateralism and political parties can eat it in my opinion. Living with my folks, in between high school and college (starting in Winter). We've got a Charter Arms .38 Snub-nose, a Firestar M43, and a Norinco (yeah, I know) 1911. Once I get a job I'm thinking of picking up a Mossberg 500.
Also a huge William Gibson and general Cyberpunk fan.

carlosdarwin
08-09-2011, 9:39 PM
Hey Gunhead -- No shame in being a little left of center. I tend that way myself...there are a few of us non-right-wingers out there.

gflo17
08-12-2011, 8:46 PM
Hi. Been registered for awhile just looking for info. Total noob but totally addicted! Just purchased first gun.

GM3 USN
08-13-2011, 6:41 AM
thx to whoever made this forum....and all the people just this morning registered but i been reading the forums since i got stationed to san diego just under a year ago....and wow have i found some extreamly strict laws that definantly infringing a right that says specifically the PEOPLES right will NOT be infringed...i dont know how states like ca, il, ny and other places includig the fed does not relize what the definition of people right is...regardless ive learn to trust the 100s of people here all saying the same thing about a law over a single or couple wesites saying the same thing...100s of people saying its legal then i can believe...love this site!

GM3 USN
08-13-2011, 6:56 AM
thats awesome that you just bought your first gun...bought mine (mossy 500 all tactical out) about 5 months ago...its become an awesome hobby of mine...either my mossy or my glock 27 are stock...i love upgrading them and i pick my s&w m&p15 sport(cheapest ar 15 that is california compliant out the door for 750) on th 16AUG and i already bought all the parts from the picitinny(spelling) rail to the magput collapsable all in od green of couse....and i have plenty 30 round mags(6 actually) which are a felony for me to use apperently but i can legal possess in my home, supposedly, cause im non resident military from a state where they are legal so i went and bought 10 rnd spacers for all of them...so i get the look of the 30 rnd mag and only paid a total of 40 bucks to convert them. thats way cheaper than buyin feakin 6 30 dollar 10/30 pmags from the internet or a gunshop which would cost me even more...i also found a bullet button ring that i got for free after buying a bunch of ammo of this website that goes on the middle finger....obviously by now u have relized im so excited to pick it up at the shop and shoot it and customize that i look for any reason to talk about....my wife is sick of hearing it....she always tells me if you talk about guns one more time ima shoot you with own gun!lol

GM3 USN
08-13-2011, 7:11 AM
politicians can not be trusted period...its like listening to a compulsive liar....mostly crap and very little truth....gun laws are getting stricter(VERY BAD)...marijana laws are getting looser(i like the idea of legal pot although i dont smoke it myself but i know some stoners feel alot safer with them behind the wheel or holding a gun the some wasted ******* stumbling outta the bar) dont get me wrong im a drinker but outside of moving my shotgun to couch where i sit when i get home incase i gotta use it i dont mess with it cause people get stupid when theyre drunk....wow now im debating with myself...see i think by pot being legal its giving permission to smoke and drive(and its def not a safe alternative) but it is definantly safer se as how my stoner buddy always drive the speed limit and are 10 and 2 not swerving or nothing. your not a better driver under the influence of anything but being high on weed i think make drivers be more careful cause they dont wanna get charged with DWI...but back to driving stoned people never have DD when drinking....llets face it its hard to get one....but if someone goes to the bar and gets stoned all night after a long night of smoking weed they will be sober within an hour or hour and a half....so all they got to do is quit smoking at 12....they usually start getting bunt out by then anyway....so thats my left wing side....but my right wing side is all about american religous values and the fact our country was originally fought by individual gun owners....and godamn it i aint that religous but the day they take god outta the pledge of allegence is day i move to switzerland cause at least there are very few gun restrictions there...and guess what! they love thier freedom...individual gun owners helped to keep nazis outta there and kept the independent during WWII! armed nations stay independent...unfortunately the people in charge know were not happy with the way this country is ran so they use every chance they get to make gun laws stricter

L.A.JOE
08-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Been a registered member since 09/07. This is my very first post and just really wanted to thank Calguns and all the members for sharing knowledge. I've had many questions in the past and found answers here without asking. Have learned plenty, Thank you.

cen-cal_luis
08-14-2011, 5:46 PM
IM GLAD I DISCOVERED THIS SITE, I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS REGARDING BUILDING MY AR!!!

Chris AC56
08-17-2011, 1:31 PM
Just stumbled onto this sight today, figured it could really give me some great information. happy to be on board

mpwang
08-17-2011, 4:49 PM
Hello CalGunners,

I am relatively new to the shooting world and although I have never fired a shotgun, I'm thinking about buying a shotgun.

I'd be really appreciative if somebody would help me out with a few questions about shotguns, especially 1) how a beginner can gain proficiency AND 2) how to buy a good beginner's shotgun that fits.

I'm in the Sacramento/Woodland/Davis area and would also be very interested in some quality shooting ranges.
Thank you so much.

Matt

BayouBullets
08-17-2011, 5:29 PM
HI all. This Louisiana Boy grew up in the forest and bottomland. I've been hunting/shooting, collecting, and eventually even started modifying firearms starting 35 years ago. My wife and daughters all shoot as well. No grandkid shooters yet, but I'm sure it won't be long. I see some folks post their collection list. I don't think I have time or space for that much typing. hahaha
Anyway, I'm a little lost on how to do all this posting stuff, but feel I should try. The guys I know who know more about guns than me,... anybody else here have friends who build their own rifles entirely from scratch except the receiver?... These guys make me feel ignorant about firearms sometimes they are so knowledgeable, but not one of them would ever use a computer to talk to the new generation about it. "you wanna talk? Come over to the shop and talk..." So I guess I'm trying to drag them along with me by proxy.

BayouBullets
08-17-2011, 5:53 PM
I know that 35 years old thing is a joke, but where I live, it's normal for boys between 4-5 years to start hunting. Funny, how most of them shoot insta-kill spine or brain shots as the norm by the time they're 18. Start THOSE KIDS EARLY!!!!!!!

bjl333
08-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Hello im new to the forum kinda new to guns. I got to shoot my brother in laws cia galil and Robinson xcr and now have caught the bug:drool5:
I hope to join an ak building party soon as I can get a kit together.
Thank you for having me!

Good afternoon. I'm an FN 5.7x28mm owner in the East Bay. I've known about CalGuns for some time now, but this is the first time I'm posting here. I try to make it to the open-carry events so if you see a guy sporting a blackhawk serpa for the FN, that's me.

Cheers.

Hi all, New to the site.

Hi I'm new here just want to say hello

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I am currently in the Navy. I have been doing it for the past 7 years. I just bought my first gun. A basic Glock 17. I am looking into buying a Mossberg 590A1 for my second gun. I have been doing a lot of reading on this site. Thanks for the great place to learn.

Greetings Calgunners! I'm somewhat new to shooting (plinked a bit as a kid, but just got back into it a few months ago). I've got a Taurus .38 and will be riding an S&W 686+ after Tuesday (the anticipation feels like Christmas in August!). Just want to share my enthusiasm for a great sport that is fulfilling in so many ways. The people seem great too!
:22:

Hello Everyone,
My name is Kevin and I am obviously new to this website. Friend told me about and since I am looking to buy my first AR thought I would join up. So Hi again.

Hey there. Started shooting a couple months ago (only been to the range twice due to budget constraints). Been a firearm enthusiast since I was 12 or so. I've got some leftist politics, some right, but unilateralism and political parties can eat it in my opinion. Living with my folks, in between high school and college (starting in Winter). We've got a Charter Arms .38 Snub-nose, a Firestar M43, and a Norinco (yeah, I know) 1911. Once I get a job I'm thinking of picking up a Mossberg 500.
Also a huge William Gibson and general Cyberpunk fan.

Hi. Been registered for awhile just looking for info. Total noob but totally addicted! Just purchased first gun.

thx to whoever made this forum....and all the people just this morning registered but i been reading the forums since i got stationed to san diego just under a year ago....and wow have i found some extreamly strict laws that definantly infringing a right that says specifically the PEOPLES right will NOT be infringed...i dont know how states like ca, il, ny and other places includig the fed does not relize what the definition of people right is...regardless ive learn to trust the 100s of people here all saying the same thing about a law over a single or couple wesites saying the same thing...100s of people saying its legal then i can believe...love this site!

Howdy Y'all!! Welcome to Calguns !!! Check this section out for some activities here! LINK!! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=183)

bjl333
08-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Been a registered member since 09/07. This is my very first post and just really wanted to thank Calguns and all the members for sharing knowledge. I've had many questions in the past and found answers here without asking. Have learned plenty, Thank you.

Glad you finally started to post!!

IM GLAD I DISCOVERED THIS SITE, I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS REGARDING BUILDING MY AR!!!

Go to the rifle forum.

Just stumbled onto this sight today, figured it could really give me some great information. happy to be on board

Hello CalGunners,

I am relatively new to the shooting world and although I have never fired a shotgun, I'm thinking about buying a shotgun.

I'd be really appreciative if somebody would help me out with a few questions about shotguns, especially 1) how a beginner can gain proficiency AND 2) how to buy a good beginner's shotgun that fits.

I'm in the Sacramento/Woodland/Davis area and would also be very interested in some quality shooting ranges.
Thank you so much.

Matt

Check the shotgun forum. The only guy running a shotgun clinic at the moment is POWG. His listing is there.

HI all. This Louisiana Boy grew up in the forest and bottomland. I've been hunting/shooting, collecting, and eventually even started modifying firearms starting 35 years ago. My wife and daughters all shoot as well. No grandkid shooters yet, but I'm sure it won't be long. I see some folks post their collection list. I don't think I have time or space for that much typing. hahaha
Anyway, I'm a little lost on how to do all this posting stuff, but feel I should try. The guys I know who know more about guns than me,... anybody else here have friends who build their own rifles entirely from scratch except the receiver?... These guys make me feel ignorant about firearms sometimes they are so knowledgeable, but not one of them would ever use a computer to talk to the new generation about it. "you wanna talk? Come over to the shop and talk..." So I guess I'm trying to drag them along with me by proxy.

There are many postings all around. Go ahead and look around, ask questions if you find something you don't know!

All can go here to find activities: Link here! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=183)

1911Doctor
08-18-2011, 4:56 PM
Hi all I am Pete. Owner and Pistolsmith at Bain & Davis in San Gabriel Ca. Many Calguns folks have recommended us and are great customers. If you havent been here please do. We have a info web site....Bainanddavisgunshop.com and are now on facebook too!!! Visit us in face book and like us. We will be posting new arrivals of new firearms and had to get consignments as well. Ask us a question and I will try to answer it. I have working in the firearms industry since 1983!!!
Pete
1911Doctor

831Shooter
08-18-2011, 7:25 PM
Hey all..

Checking in from Aptos (SC County).

Grew up back East in a super restrictive gun control state (NJ). Went to college in Maryland where I really got into shooting. At the time, fairly lenient gun laws... Private party sales OK, NO registration or dealer involvement necessary. Walk in to a gun shop, pay and walk out with any long gun.. :D

Had quite a collection (which I stupidly sold before moving out here) and shot weekly for my 4 years down there.

Have been out here for 20 years now. Love living here, but I can't believe I ended up in another brutal gun control state... and SC County to top it off.

Still owned guns since I have moved here but haven't done a whole lot of shooting. Hit up the range here and there to keep proficient with my home SD weapon, but that's about it. Unfortunately just really don't know anyone who is into firearms/shooting.

Recently got back into it all, with of all things, an air rifle. I found out by chance that I am allowed to shoot air rifles on my property (unincorporated SC County). SO I picked up a Benjamin .22 cal Nitro Piston break barrel. Been having a blast with the little target range I made. Shockingly hard hitting gun. Not the air rifles I shot when I was a kid..

Anyway, I have a Springfield Armory XD9, Beretta 21A 22LR and a Ruger 10/22 (besides a couple other airguns). About to convert the 10/22 with a Tapco Intrafuse stock for some fun, low cost "tactical" style shooting. In the process of getting my hunting license and picking up a new bolt action. Most likely a 270 Win..

Anyway, hi to all. If anyone in the SC area wants to go shoot hit me up. Shooting alone gets old.. :)

newcalgunshooter
08-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Hello all,

I am new to this forum. Hope to learn a lot. I actually haven't joine a forum in years.

Thanks for all the great info.

08-20-2011, 9:55 PM
Hello Calgun'rs!
Im new to forum's in general! Been reading and loading up on LOTS of information!!!
Thanks to all of you for the time you've taken to put and make this informatiom known and easily available!
Looking foward to being more active in the firearms community!
Bay Area Shooter :)

Bladerunner
08-21-2011, 4:04 AM
Greetings to All,

A friend told me about this place and all the great people I would meet here. I hope to make some friends, and pick up some great info along the way.

My Father gave me my first gun, a Winchester 410, when I was about 6 years old. He also taught me how to Hunt and Fish. Even though he is no longer with me, he's still my Hunting and Fishing Buddy and Best Friend...and always will be.
He taught me a great way of life, but I don't think he knew just what an enthusiast he was creating. I've sent more lead down range than I can remember!

I'm currently stuck in "Kalifornia, The Peoples Republic of", but am working hard on making my escape to a "Free State"...lol
I operate a Cutlery Business, and hope to get my FFL after I leave here.

Well, I've rambled on long enough for now.

My best to all!

Tricia
08-21-2011, 8:00 PM
New member here. :)

Pretty much a noob at all of this, looking forward to learning a lot.

bsg
08-21-2011, 8:43 PM
Hi all I am Pete. Owner and Pistolsmith at Bain & Davis in San Gabriel Ca. Many Calguns folks have recommended us and are great customers. If you havent been here please do. We have a info web site....Bainanddavisgunshop.com and are now on facebook too!!! Visit us in face book and like us. We will be posting new arrivals of new firearms and had to get consignments as well. Ask us a question and I will try to answer it. I have working in the firearms industry since 1983!!!
Pete
1911Doctor

welcome to the forum Pete. i enjoy my visits to your shop. i especially appreciate the good treatment i receive whenever i come in.

Kolossus
08-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Hello Calgunners.
I'm new to the site.
I've gone shooting a handful of times.
But i am somewhat of newbie when it comes to learning about guns.
And also learning about prices, brands, and different type of ammo.

Right now i'm in the market for my first handgun and rifle.
I hope to learn a thing or two from this site and i'm looking forward to chatting with some of you.

vcgunna
08-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi everyone! New guy here and new to guns as well. I have a shotgun, handgun, and an AR-15 to start. This gun acquiring syndrome takes a toll on my pocket but I'm having fun. looking forward to learning a lot from you all and making some new friends

WASR10
08-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Hey there,

Born in O.C. raised in I.E. and looking forward to the vast amount of support and info this forum offers. Will contribute if and when I have the extra funds.

California gives us plenty of hoops, but we can't let them keep us from jumping through them.

God Bless.

Sonny188
08-22-2011, 6:41 AM
Hi All,

I have not checked in here yet, new member here! Thank you Calguns for this website and for bringing all of us together who have the same passion.

Best regards,

Sonny188

akute
08-22-2011, 4:46 PM
Greetings all,

New member here. Been a hobby shooter for decades - but never owned myself. Time is coming soon to change that! Hoping to learn a lot here - and enjoy the journey in the process.

Best,

akute

151proof
08-23-2011, 1:54 AM
Hello to all!

New member here from San Diego. I'm not that new to firearms as I have served as a Navy Corpsman(8404) for 10 years and 4 of those years with the Marines. I've finally bought my first firearm a few months ago which was a Sig P229R and recently purchased an AR-15. Looking forward to learn as much as I can while I'm here and hopefully contribute to the community as well.

Thanks,
Jerome

MatucaClamper
08-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Howdy, howdy, howdy,

New to the site, long time gun owner and Central Valley activist. I've successfully convinced my wife that guns breed in dark enclosed steel spaces thus explaining why more and more keep showing up at our home.

Kurt

BoovarBjarki
08-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Hello,
New here and currently living in Cali. Just got a calguns ar lower, not sure if its the same as this site.

Prodigal_son
08-27-2011, 11:55 PM
New member popping in to say hello

bsg
08-28-2011, 5:04 PM

nice knowing you're here!

Psychadelica19
09-01-2011, 8:54 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to CalGuns, but I've been shooting shotguns and rifles since I was in the single digits. My husband actually introduced me to the site. I recently purchased my first hand gun after seeing first hand that Oakland sucks. (I work in the middle of the ghetto). I generally prefer to live, so I'm going to protect myself. Also, going to the shooting range is fun, and now I get to practice my skills with my own gun. If you shoot in Vacaville or Richmond, make way for the little blonde girl. That's me ;)

Dannicus
09-01-2011, 9:23 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to CalGuns, but I've been shooting shotguns and rifles since I was in the single digits. My husband actually introduced me to the site. I recently purchased my first hand gun after seeing first hand that Oakland sucks. (I work in the middle of the ghetto). I generally prefer to live, so I'm going to protect myself. Also, going to the shooting range is fun, and now I get to practice my skills with my own gun. If you shoot in Vacaville or Richmond, make way for the little blonde girl. That's me ;)

Welcome!!:p

needtoknow
09-03-2011, 3:26 PM
Kestryl, this is not a reply, but a question. For a prospective "personal handgun importer" (per California State definition), what can one do with handguns which are not included on California's "roster of handguns certified for sale," other than surrender them to the state, e.g., sell them to the state? Can one retain them? [I am referring to handguns which are legal to purchase and possess in states other than California and possibly Massachusetts. I realize magazines must comply with California's magazine capacity restriction.] I cannot find an answer on the state website. Thank you.

rkt88edmo
09-03-2011, 3:30 PM
Roster does not apply to guns you already own that you bring with you when you move into CA. Enjoy.

Kestryl, this is not a reply, but a question. For a prospective "personal handgun importer" (per California State definition), what can one do with handguns which are not included on California's "roster of handguns certified for sale," other than surrender them to the state, e.g., sell them to the state? Can one retain them? [I am referring to handguns which are legal to purchase and possess in states other than California and possibly Massachusetts. I realize magazines must comply with California's magazine capacity restriction.] I cannot find an answer on the state website. Thank you.

Neveronline
09-03-2011, 11:53 PM
I have referrenced things on this site and used it to gather info and knowledge, today I was down at one of the local gunshops and the I was talking to him about trying to sell a few of my guns and he recommended I sign up and give it a go here, so here I am...LOL

My Love of cars and guns have almost made me move out of this state, but I just love the weather :D so Im gonna stick it out as long as I can!

Metalick
09-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Hey Everyone, New to guns. Got pointed to this site by a friend. Looking to get an AR. Sure I'll find ALOT of good info here.

mister0523
09-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi everyone. New to posting on Calguns. I've lurked for a number of years, but didn't register until recently. I just purchased my second hand gun and my wife purchased her first. I'd like to get involved with an organization that supports freedom and personal liberties rather than takes them away so here I am. Hopefully I'll be able to get more involved and attend some of the events.

Keep
09-06-2011, 8:50 AM
Hello, Calgunners! I had lurked around here several years back. A renewed interest in the firearms world has brought me back! Name's Mike and I am in the San Diego area. A sincere Thank you to each and every person that has contributed to this wonderful forum. The amount of information that is contained herein is simply awesome!

defyitall
09-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone! My name's Chris and I'm an animator from Burbank. New to the site and currently sweating through my first DROS on a Marlin 795.

SOLDIERSCOTT
09-08-2011, 3:43 AM
New to Claguns. Referred by a buddy. I recently ETS'd from the Army after 14yrs and I am looking to build my War Locker. Here to meet with like minded folks and to seek advice and wisdom from those that have been doing this longer than I have.

s0calflip
09-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Hey i'm new here and just thought i'd do my first post.

I just bought my first hand gun last month, a Ruger SR9 and i've already put close to 1000 rounds through it. i'm definitely enjoying it. I am currently wanting to buy another gun and wanting to get the MSAR STG-E4 or even the AK74 Bullpup. any opinions. i'm sure there are forums on these.

well hope to here some opinions about this or i'm sure i'll learn alot from this site.

Willie-D
09-08-2011, 1:24 PM
Hello, I have visited the site numerous time through Google searches and decided to finally become a member.

I am also getting into Cowboy Style shooting - and this place seems to have a crowd of them!

I am a retired EOD Technician & former member of the US Army and teach explosives handling & manufacture of explosives as a Civilian member of the US Army in Utah (Dugway).

Cheers!

~Will

bakhos1
09-09-2011, 6:22 PM
Greetings EVERYONE!!!
My names is Bakhos I am new here sorry i haven't uploaded an avatar picture yet...
I heard of your forum from a good friend last night at bike night in santa ana of orange county .. Honestly i am here to sell my weapons BUT i plan on learning from the threads and maybe i will change my mind.. thank you all for listening..

50nny
09-10-2011, 8:05 AM
Greetings everyone,

Thanks to DJ for sending me to this forum. I am a newbie and am currently trying to learn all the codes "bump, etc.". When I find a list I'll print them out and try to bring myself up to speed as quickly as possible. I realize since I'm new there is a hazing period so go ahead and start.

50nny

10-8Gunslinger
09-10-2011, 7:32 PM
Hi,

Founds this site from a friend. Fulltime LEO trying to make it to retirement without getting shot, stabbed or killed. Live in Socal Kalifornia. Personal views are I hate the bullet button, Gangsters carry guns daily concealed why can't the average law-abiding citizen, and the Police are here to protect the sheep from the wolves. With that said I hope I can learn about others experiences and knowledge to help increase mine. Thanks.

StrongTower
09-11-2011, 7:11 PM
Hello all, I am new to calguns and I am happy to be onboard! I hope to learn as much information as possible.

Stealth Hunter
09-12-2011, 6:38 PM
Greetings All,

New to Calguns, but not new to shooting. Started shooting with my Dad at age 5, he was a competition shoooter and brought me up hunting. Got away from guns for the last 25 years to take up bowhunting in a big way, still bowhunting, but making time to shoot the guns. Happy to be back to gun shooting!!! My wife and I met shooting so it's a marriage that is perfect, except for the cost of ammo and new guns. She also took a break for bowhunting, but she is strictly a guns person today.

Very appreciative of what i have seen in the format and content of Calguns.

bjl333
09-12-2011, 6:52 PM
Welcome to Calguns to all !!!

Check your local chapters for activities: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=183

WWIIRAF
09-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Good day Calgunners! New to the site and trying to navigate my way around. I certainly like what I see!

clintonR71weir
09-15-2011, 9:41 AM
oh fresh meat!

robozombie
09-15-2011, 6:51 PM
Hey everybody, I'm a new member and I just wanted to introduce myself on here.

Veteran of the seal teams, been in the community since '99. Work as a civilian gs employee at naval special warfare center now. I have been absolutely confounded by the madness of what is/not legal in the messed up state of California as I sought about purchasing a rifle. This place was recommended by a co-worker so I dropped by to ask questions and figure this whole mess out with the rest of the 2nd amendment loving Americans.

Cheers.

Jack B.

SODAMFAST
09-15-2011, 8:56 PM
How to add a avatar picture in your profile?

hax
09-16-2011, 3:37 AM
I just wanted to introduce my self. I currently am in Afghanistan and i am getting into the competitive shooting world (of course ill be getting into it more when i get back to the US).

Original Phantom
09-16-2011, 8:15 PM
Hello Everyone! I am a new member here and wanted to introduce myself. I have been shooting actively for several years but I have been interested in firearms to some extent most of my life. I have used Calguns for reference info in the past and felt it was high time I joined in. My friends nicknamed me "phantom" so hence the name.

beck1103
09-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Hello All,

Just new to the site and doing the check in.....Not new to the AR platform just the site...

Thanks Ken

bsg
09-17-2011, 10:08 AM
I just wanted to introduce my self. I currently am in Afghanistan and i am getting into the competitive shooting world (of course ill be getting into it more when i get back to the US).

welcome to the forum.

CORETAC
09-17-2011, 8:10 PM
Thanks for having me here. This forum was highly recommended by a friend.

I look forward to learning from the forums.

i_saw_americans_fighting
09-18-2011, 7:29 AM
Hello, it's was a pleasant surprise to find a California shooting community on the 'net. I'm happy to be a part of it.

greencruzer
09-18-2011, 2:21 PM
Hello new here! To much D**N info...Ha , but its all good stuff, Love the forum, wife said I took over her computer since I found the forum, look forward to learning alot more thanks.

bonsa1
09-18-2011, 5:16 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am a new (but pretty old) member in Sacramento. New to firearms in general, just bought a Ruger 1022lr.
Have to say, after finding Calguns and reading the information available in here, i know i have a lot to learn. BUT, this forum is an excellent starting point to guide new people such as me to responsible gun ownership.

Darios
09-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Hello,
I have been lurking for about 2 years. Finally decided to sign up now that I began my first AR Build. Looking forward to learning even more.
Thanks,
Daniel

APcivic01
09-20-2011, 2:50 AM
Hi Everyone.

I just relocated from Connecticut to Los Angeles a few weeks ago. I knew the gun laws in this state were going to be bad, but wow, I did not realize quite how bad. I had my LTC back in CT and was accustomed to CCW on a daily basis. Now I live in a more dangerous city and am less able to protect myself. Its an unfortunate cost to live in such an otherwise beautiful place. I'm hoping to join in the fight to bring our second amendment rights to LA county and CA in general.

razorface1911
09-21-2011, 1:54 PM
I just joined, I came across this site while looking for a set wildcat reload dies for 38/45. I bought this set-up for my 1911 about 30 yrs ago from Bo Clarke, of Armory Gunshop, Glendale, CA. I've had no luck on line. I'm now in the San Diego, North Co., area. Thanks
George

J. Charles Black
09-23-2011, 2:00 AM
I just wanted to write a quick post to introduce myself. I have great memories as a high school student of going to the range with my dad. I worked my way through a few NRA programs, including reaching Marksman 1st class in pistol, Sharpshooter sixth bar in target rifle, and Distinguished Expert in sport rifle.

After a terrible episode with local PD an uncle turned me on to calguns. The forums promise to be a treasure chest of information. And I love to see there is a wiki. Anyway I am glad to see this community exists and I look forward to benefiting from its knowledge.

bsg
09-24-2011, 3:46 AM
Hi Everyone.

I just relocated from Connecticut to Los Angeles a few weeks ago. I knew the gun laws in this state were going to be bad, but wow, I did not realize quite how bad. I had my LTC back in CT and was accustomed to CCW on a daily basis. Now I live in a more dangerous city and am less able to protect myself. Its an unfortunate cost to live in such an otherwise beautiful place. I'm hoping to join in the fight to bring our second amendment rights to LA county and CA in general.

welcome to the forum... and to los angeles county.

gy954
09-25-2011, 8:46 PM
Hi all:

My name is Greg and I live in Forestville, in Sonoma County near the Russian River. I have a modest collection of air rifles that I shoot at my small home range. Fun and really really inexpensive: high quality .22 caliber pellets run me about $16 for 500! Good for us retired folks ;)

Nice to meet ya. / Greg

CA Cowboy
09-26-2011, 2:32 AM
Hi I found this site just browsing around the web in the middle of the night.I am in the central valley and I love guns and a good political discussion.This looks like a good place for both thanks for having me.

Richardr247
09-27-2011, 9:58 AM
Richard from Visalia. Just joined Calguns. New to guns and new to the area. Hope to meet good people here and learn more about guns.

Found this forum while doing some research in another (HIi-Point)

Zombieguns
09-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi just joined Calguns to be able to talk guns and meet fun gun people and maybe get together with shooters in my area for range trips which is Bakersfield CA.

Gotrovr
09-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Checking in, first post, looking to stay informed

Will S
Aptos, CA
Small Business Owner…. check
Mechanical Engineering Degree… check
Firearms ….. check (.22, 9mm, .40, 45acp, 44mag, .223, 5.56x45, 6mm, .270, 7mm RemMag, Win 30’06, Win .338mag, 7.7x58 Jap, 12 gauge)
Hunting License…… check
Terrorist Hunting License…. check
Pilot License…… check
CA General Building Contractor License…. check
Past FNRA Chairman x2… check
NCLRclub.org founding member and past President…. check

Mac.
09-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Just saying hello. Been following the forums for awhile, decided to finally join up as i'm building my first ar15 and would like to get advice from you guys, plus I love talking guns and things (zombies anyone? :)) and seeing the flamethrower thread made me want to register so I could get in on the discussion. I have a kimber custom eclipse II .45, beretta 92f 9mm, mossberg 500 12ga and now working on an ar15. I shoot in the IE/OC/LA area. See ya round the forums!

Amanda

Watching the Dark
09-28-2011, 12:32 PM
I found a Mosin Nagant I wanted on gunbroker.com and the seller does not ship to CA. His loss, I can find another. I've seen there is a lot of hate for CA, and I was checking around to see why, and teh Google led me to this place.

I'm located in the Truckee/Tahoe area. My favorite range is in Sierraville, but the forest is all around.

WARRIOR0621
09-28-2011, 2:59 PM
i joined calguns 6 mounths ago to look for guns to buy. and the past week im on it more then face book and i never post to welcome my self. this webpage is now on my top fav so ill c u guys around.

D5hunter
09-28-2011, 4:31 PM
Greetings Cal Gunners, I have read this forum for a couple of years it is a great source of information. I have been shooting for 30+ years. Hunting for over 20 years. Figured it was time I joined.

D5hunter
09-28-2011, 5:57 PM
WOW, not even sure I want to be on this site now! I just read a thread where someone was told their 1A rights do not apply here by a admin. Hmmmmm. This ia a 2A fourm but no 1A, I dont care if it is private or not this the USA or at least that is where I am located I dont know where admin's and moderators are located. USA = Freedom of Speech

No 1A rights on CalGuns - WOW a terrible way to start.

Ape
09-28-2011, 8:51 PM
WOW, not even sure I want to be on this site now! I just read a thread where someone was told their 1A rights do not apply here by a admin. Hmmmmm. This ia a 2A fourm but no 1A, I dont care if it is private or not this the USA or at least that is where I am located I dont know where admin's and moderators are located. USA = Freedom of Speech

Welcome to a privately owned forum with conundrums a plenty. ;)
I have issues with a forum dedicated to one amendment while ignoring others too. But you have to look at it like a private business. If that business doesn't want you to do something against their policies, then you'll be asked to leave. It's their right and we have to abide by it or move on.

TheExpertish
09-29-2011, 7:51 PM
Any one looking for a Mini 14. I have one that I am trying to sell. I have done some work to it. If you are interested shot me a email. robertgiovino@yahoo.com and I will send pic. I am looking to get 500.00 for it. I have only put 400 rounds through it and it was cleaned they day it was shot. I have other .223 guns and I just don't shoot this one.

:ban: You sure didn't read ANY of the rules, did you?

stphnman20
09-29-2011, 7:57 PM
Welcome to Calguns everyone! :party:

rkt88edmo
09-29-2011, 11:26 PM

Been on the internet much? all I have to say is this:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/

the donald
09-30-2011, 12:50 AM
i heard about this site on BARF(same name) and i am new to guns in general. grew up with a leo dad and am now interested in buying a few guns and becoming a leo myself. i know how to safely handle a gun but am lost in all the models and different types of ammunition.

oni.dori
09-30-2011, 4:46 AM
New to Claguns. Referred by a buddy. I recently ETS'd from the Army after 14yrs and I am looking to build my War Locker. Here to meet with like minded folks and to seek advice and wisdom from those that have been doing this longer than I have.

Hey brother glad to see you back on here. I'm sure you will have plenty of your own advice to give as well.

Crack Shot
10-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Hello all. I've lived in Souther California my whole life. Been a gun lover for as long as I can remember. No my son is an active shooter as well. I just found this site and I think it's great. Way too much false information out there. Keep up the good work!

Sarin
10-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Hello everyone. New member here.
My friend recommended me to check out this site, excited to see what is going on and learn from the community. :)

minusthebear
10-02-2011, 11:07 AM
hi guys, I'm trying to create a new post but I keep getting "database error"....can someone help me? I've tried using different computers and various browsers.....

do I need a number of posts before I can start my own thread?

ZUAVT_VI
10-03-2011, 6:39 PM
Hello everyone I'm new here (obviously). I've lived in CA for about 7 years now. Couldn't find true information that I wanted on Gun Laws and issues in CA. So my friend recommended me to this site. Looking foward to the fun.

ZUAVT_VI
10-03-2011, 6:54 PM
Just saying hello. Been following the forums for awhile, decided to finally join up as i'm building my first ar15 and would like to get advice from you guys, plus I love talking guns and things (zombies anyone? :)) and seeing the flamethrower thread made me want to register so I could get in on the discussion. I have a kimber custom eclipse II .45, beretta 92f 9mm, mossberg 500 12ga and now working on an ar15. I shoot in the IE/OC/LA area. See ya round the forums!

Amanda
Love it... Liking Zombies... Check out my facebook and a few other facebook pages from my page. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zombie-Urban-Assault-Vehicle-Team-VI/271971302824165

biloutkast
10-04-2011, 8:04 AM
Welcome all~!!

KWJSL66
10-04-2011, 4:46 PM
Hello everybody I'm new here but i grew up shooting with BJL333 my big brother. looking forward to getting to know people.

STUN-LA
10-05-2011, 1:52 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums, I have lived in Los Angeles, CA for the past 14 years originally from Arizona. Thanks for having me.

sager3558
10-09-2011, 12:59 PM
new member in santa rosa

czargee
10-10-2011, 3:06 AM
Hello all! I few months ago my father gave me his Springfield 1911, Marlin Model 60 and Phoenix Arms HP22. These are the first firearms I've ever fired and owned - And now I am hooked! I'm 30 years old and just getting onto the gun scene.

I recently attended the Del Mar gun show and picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Sport 5.56/.223 for $598 and I can't wait to shoot it. I pick it up this Wednesday!!!

Oh, shoutout to the CalGuns booth at the gun show! I stopped by the booth and got my CalGuns.net sticker and donated a couple bucks.

I think the next purchases will be a 12GA shotgun, Glock 21 and a JD lower.

kenrevo
10-11-2011, 6:52 AM
Hello to all! I'm down here in the Philippines and just found the site while searching for some info about BRNO ZKM611. A friend asked me to look for some mags and my search led me to this site.

While reading some threads, I found it to be interesting so I immediately sign up. I'm into reloading and loves to shoot my GP100 in IPSC sanctioned matches here, but I still considered myself a newbie in this sport.

Hope to learn more about reloading, hunting and shooting and I'm so excited to unearth the treasures I might find on this forum!

Thanks for this great site!

NoTalkRobot
10-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey everyone! I'm new to forums and guns in general, but I figured since this place kept showing up whenever I searched about anything gun related, this would be good place to start. I'm located in Los Angeles and happy to see that California has such a vast online gun community. Glad to be among you!

frenchcan4@yahoo.com
10-12-2011, 11:56 AM
where is delmar i live in sun city, calif. and want to see a gun show, thank you, my email is- frenchcan4@yahoo.com

TheHuffer
10-12-2011, 6:26 PM
Hello. I have not been shooting since I was a kid and decided it is time to get back into it. I have already found a wealth of information on this site and am glad there is a California only site since we have such confusing firearm regulations.

bsg
10-13-2011, 11:13 PM
it's great to see so many joining us here on Calguns.

welcome to the forum.

Metal Fiend
10-17-2011, 3:27 PM
Well, I've been lurking long enough and figured it was time to officially join.

swiftstyles
10-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Hello all!! Just wanted to drop by and say what's up!

Riddler
10-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Hello, I'm new here. Nice to meet u all lol.

FireWater
10-21-2011, 5:43 PM
Hey everyone Names FireWater :red_indian:, I am fairly new to the owning a gun scene but have served 6 years in the Army in the 160th infantry division, and 1 tour in Iraq. The weapons I used and am familiar with are the M240B heavy machine gun :chris:, M4 with 203 grenade launcher, M16, and M9.

I am now out of the military and looking to start my personal collection and to find some clubs and competition events here in California :84:. I just picked up a Remington 870 express tac shotgun :61: and a Springfield XD40 S&W handgun.

My next choice is going to be a high power/ long range rifle. Possibly a savage.308/.338

Glad to be a part of the community now =) If you have suggestion on clubs, competitions, or guns, let me know!

HPDBadge156
10-22-2011, 2:06 AM
I read a lot, post sometime. Dad always told me you hear more if you keep your mouth shut. Dad was a pretty smart man.
Keep up the good work and thanks for a great Blog.
Bob

gnlvrjustin
10-23-2011, 8:26 PM
Hey all im new to this great forum Calguns but deff not new to wheapon sys looking to apprentice an learn as much as i possibly can about every aspect of wheapons

dnguyen178
10-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Whats up guys. I've joined this forum about 3 weeks ago and this would be my first post. This is because I've been spending lots of time reading informative stuff on here and everything that I needed to know had already been answered! I'm also shy but you guys here make stuff so interesting that it's tough not to join in on the conversations.

Within 3 weeks of reading stuff on here, I've completed building my first legal AR! Thank you Calguns. I'm ready for a 2nd one but my wallet is not; sadly. Now I just need to find a good location to test it out. =)

Up In NorCal
10-26-2011, 6:22 AM
Hi all,
New to the forum but not shooting. Firearms have been a hobby of mine, on and off since my father took me shooting for the first time when I was 12. Now I am 37. :oji: I am happy to have found a place dedicated to Californians and glad to be part of the group.

miklo
10-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Hey guys Im new to Calguns I enjoy the info. It helped me complete my first AR. I hope some of you here can help with my new project, a CA compliant Uzi Carbine. Thanks. Mike

DC3
10-28-2011, 8:22 PM
Hello all! I just moved to Sacramento from MN! Laws and regulations out here are outrageous!

tito412
10-30-2011, 10:27 PM
New to CG, looks like a fun place to be.

DaddyIsPacking
11-01-2011, 8:38 AM
Hi Calgunners! New member (from GA) trying to learn about CA's crazy gun laws! (I know...I know...why did I move?!?!?) *sigh*

Anyway, thanks for all the informative information and knowledgeable help that is available in this forum. I look forward to meeting and shooting with my fellow Calgunners!

finyllw
11-01-2011, 9:07 AM
Just want to say hi to everyone here. I have been popping in every now and then to see what's up. Lot's of good stuff here.

I look forward to learning from everyone, and maybe helping out once in a while. :thumbsup:

trdavis7829
11-01-2011, 9:39 AM
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. New to the forum but not guns. I grew up with them and did four years in the Marines with 3 tours in iraq.
I was recently denied a ccw in ventura county with what seems to be perfectly good cause for one. Any advice on who to talk to help with an appeal. thanks

bsg
11-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Hello to all! I'm down here in the Philippines and just found the site while searching for some info about BRNO ZKM611. A friend asked me to look for some mags and my search led me to this site.

While reading some threads, I found it to be interesting so I immediately sign up. I'm into reloading and loves to shoot my GP100 in IPSC sanctioned matches here, but I still considered myself a newbie in this sport.

Hope to learn more about reloading, hunting and shooting and I'm so excited to unearth the treasures I might find on this forum!

Thanks for this great site!

welcome to the forum.

bsg
11-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Whats up guys. I've joined this forum about 3 weeks ago and this would be my first post. This is because I've been spending lots of time reading informative stuff on here and everything that I needed to know had already been answered! I'm also shy but you guys here make stuff so interesting that it's tough not to join in on the conversations.

Within 3 weeks of reading stuff on here, I've completed building my first legal AR! Thank you Calguns. I'm ready for a 2nd one but my wallet is not; sadly. Now I just need to find a good location to test it out. =)

shy is fly but bold is gold around here. just hang out, or chime in when you feel like it.

welcome to the forum.

SmokingSam
11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi guys, just joined :chris:. I am in the process of looking/building an AR-10 in 308 of course, so I am looking for some info from this site...Keep up the good work...Cheers!

langdang
11-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Time to pop my cherry!

enilyks
11-05-2011, 4:22 PM
Hi guys,
Another newbie here (also a newbie to the community)! Excited to learn more from all!

MBCoast
11-09-2011, 5:47 PM
Hello, I'm a lurker and have been following CalGuns for at least five years. I own a Kel-Tec SU-16 CA and now have purchased a Stag lower, YHM upper receiver, and YHM rifle length handguard to start my AR 15 project. I know this is the place to go if you're an AR owner, so in about ten days, I'll chime back in. Cal Guns is a bright beacon of intelligence in a dark sea of stupidity and denial. Sorry about that, I mean: all's bright and shiny here in CA!

BroncoBen
11-09-2011, 7:14 PM
hello everyone:cool2:

gunsandfitness
11-11-2011, 4:28 PM
I am the FNG here. I hope to learn as much as I can about firearm laws and regulations, in California no matter how lame they may be.

Iron Sides
11-11-2011, 6:17 PM
Second post. Lots to learn apparently, willing to do it and promote gun rights.

Mirador
11-11-2011, 7:08 PM
Hello and Greetings,
San Diego resident for the last 13 years, recently started my interest in Precision rifle shooting and currently in the process of purchasing my first Remington .308 20" with a 1/10 twist. A friend from a local range here in san diego turned me onto this forum and I am looking forward to learning and growing in the art of precision shooting.
Any advise or comments are welcomed.

thank you
Michael

wchilde
11-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Greetings folks. I was directed to the forum by a friend and am happy to be here.

I'm an Army veteran, gun owner, and I like to take long walks on the beach...

gr8sire
11-14-2011, 1:06 PM
Hello Calgunners,

I frequent this site often as a 'reader' and never really posted or joined. I felt it's about time.

I'm located in NorCal and shoot left base on the fact I'm left-eye dominant. Since there's not a lot of left handed pistols certified for Cali, I plan to buy ALL of them that are certified!!!

Have:
S&W M&P45
HK P2000 V3 in 9mm
Walther P5

Want:
S&W M&P40, and 9mm
HK P2000 V3 in .40
Remington 700 SPS 308 Lefty
Remington 870 Express Lefty
Ithica Model 37
Keltec RFB
Keltec KSB

Want but off roster:
FNH FNX9, .40, and .45acp
HK45
ANY 1911 with left side controls and ejector port!
ANY left had revolver (expect Charters Pink Lady)

Thanks for having me!

bsg
11-15-2011, 8:12 PM
Hello Calgunners,

I frequent this site often as a 'reader' and never really posted or joined. I felt it's about time.

I'm located in NorCal and shoot left base on the fact I'm left-eye dominant. Since there's not a lot of left handed pistols certified for Cali, I plan to buy ALL of them that are certified!!!

Have:
S&W M&P45
HK P2000 V3 in 9mm
Walther P5

Want:
S&W M&P40, and 9mm
HK P2000 V3 in .40
Remington 700 SPS 308 Lefty
Remington 870 Express Lefty
Ithica Model 37
Keltec RFB
Keltec KSB

Want but off roster:
FNH FNX9, .40, and .45acp
HK45
ANY 1911 with left side controls and ejector port!
ANY left had revolver (expect Charters Pink Lady)

Thanks for having me!

an old Ithaca Model 37 would be a nice one to have for a bottom eject system.

welcome to the forum.

ewashington7000
11-16-2011, 2:25 AM
Hello! 'Just moved back home to Los Angeles, California. 'Looking forward to participating in insightful discussions on here.

Peace

ewashington7000
11-16-2011, 2:28 AM
Hey everyone Names FireWater :red_indian:, I am fairly new to the owning a gun scene but have served 6 years in the Army in the 160th infantry division, and 1 tour in Iraq. The weapons I used and am familiar with are the M240B heavy machine gun :chris:, M4 with 203 grenade launcher, M16, and M9.

I am now out of the military and looking to start my personal collection and to find some clubs and competition events here in California :84:. I just picked up a Remington 870 express tac shotgun :61: and a Springfield XD40 S&W handgun.

My next choice is going to be a high power/ long range rifle. Possibly a savage.308/.338

Glad to be a part of the community now =) If you have suggestion on clubs, competitions, or guns, let me know!

What's your MOS?

Cosmos
11-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Hello folks,
I am a neighbor to the North in Oregon but I am a native Californian. I am currently building my first AR and will be helping my father-in-law (who is in California) to build his first California Legal AR before long as well. Calguns has been a great resource for researching what needs to be done to keep him out of trouble :)
Thanks

p2rider426
11-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Hey everyone! New here, still trying to just learn as much as i can without saying anything stupid :) thanks for all the great knowledge here!

Turkish walnut
11-18-2011, 2:08 PM
Greetings from Istanbul

robertpri
11-18-2011, 7:13 PM
I was told there are links or lists to legally buy/sell guns, but cannot find it. Okay, I'm dumb, but still can't find it. All I can find are the forums, which are great, but interested in a buy/sell/trade link.
thanks

midramble
11-21-2011, 4:59 PM
Hello all. New to the forum. I'm an Army soldier on my way out to Afghan. I'm pretty new to the personal firearm scene. Very familiar with army issued weapons. I'm also somewhat of a revolver fan. I'm actually in the market for a 7" barrel 44 mag mateba model 6 unica, a 5" 45 acp baretta px4 storm, and good advice on a hunting rifle.

sabrinna08
11-24-2011, 6:45 AM
hello,im newbie of this forum.

bsg
11-24-2011, 8:06 AM
I was told there are links or lists to legally buy/sell guns, but cannot find it. Okay, I'm dumb, but still can't find it. All I can find are the forums, which are great, but interested in a buy/sell/trade link.
thanks

"Private Firearms Sales" section is listed under the "Marketplace" heading; if you can find the other forums here... you can find this one. simply scroll down vertically from the regular forum sections... and you'll get there; closer to the bottom of page.

welcome to the forum.

dued
11-27-2011, 5:52 PM
Hello, glad to have found this resource. Thank you for all of the valuable information made available through this forum.

pattro
11-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Extremely long time lurker, I finally decided to join the forum and become a contributing member of calguns

msolorio79
11-28-2011, 3:25 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Moved to So-Cal about a year and a half ago and had basically given up on meeting people that enjoy shooting. That was until I struck up a conversation with a gentleman with a Cal-Guns.net t-shirt. After our conversation I felt relieved that there are people in So-Cal that I can relate to.

I'm curious about the laws here in California as they are very different from Texas. Also, I'm interested in learning what kind of deer hunting opportunities are available in California.

Thanks guys!!

adaptoid
11-29-2011, 5:55 PM
I am new to the site and just wanted to say hi. Looks like a lot of good stuff on here once I get it figured out.
Dennis

bsg
11-29-2011, 6:28 PM
welcome to the forum.

<IXOYE><
11-29-2011, 9:21 PM
New here! Hope to learn a thing or two.

sjrunner
11-29-2011, 10:25 PM
hello all, i'm new to calguns. where do you go to find out the ca. regs on home-built guns?

rkt88edmo
11-30-2011, 1:44 AM
I don't think there are any particular CA laws for homebuilts, just the federal laws.

alipiano
12-05-2011, 11:28 PM
In this forum you will find ( After we've had some time to move, make or link to them ) threads with some basic forum information such as how to post pictures and polls. You will also find links to various threads, documents and FAQs regarding some of the more commonly asked questions.

This forum also serves as a place to introduce yourself to the rest of the members. So let us know a little about yourself! ;)

can i ask questions here about gun?
alipiano here

alipiano
12-05-2011, 11:30 PM
im glad to be a new member here. regards everyone

bbUSC
12-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Hello everyone,

I am doing a Ph.D at USC. I just moved to CA/LA area. I have an unrestricted CCW in MA and the Utah license as well. I've heard that getting CCWs in the LA area is nigh impossible. Is this true? Does anyone have any advice?

frank1947
12-07-2011, 5:02 PM
Hi I was referred here by a person from Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, I am in Missouri and plan on making several trips to N. Cal and hope to shoot at Sacramento, I came here to read the laws in Cal, I am retired 64 years young, a Veteran, and a gun activist, NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, I do reloading classes among many other gun related activities, and may move to N Cal at some point, my daughters have moved to N.Cal and my sisters and mother are all in Cal. So there you go.

smc3786
12-07-2011, 5:18 PM
I'm looking for a Colt gold cup trophy and someone recomended this site with no instruction on how to use it. Please Help!

broclirobb
12-10-2011, 7:26 PM
Hello to everyone,

I just moved to cali and joined the forums! I have been around for about a year or so on AKfiles and have some decent feedback with the same screen name. Just want to introduce my self, and hope I can get some good info from these forums as well as contribute!

Groupnm
12-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Hello, I am a newbie looking forward to the forum. Hope to learn more about one of my favorite hobbies and collectibles.
E

M1Rate
12-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Hello, everyone. New this year to gun ownership, undergoing training, just signed up for Front Sight, working on Situational Awareness improvement, and addressing the various responsibilities of firearms as best I know how.

Very excited to see the CCW petition certified for circulation. With OC ban and freshly-released criminals being drizzled throughout the land, I hope it'll work this time. It certainly would upset the Statist's applecart in SF and San Jose.

I reside in SF and will contact the SF Bay Area chapter. This is way more fun than cub scouts ever was.

bsg
12-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Hello, I am a newbie looking forward to the forum. Hope to learn more about one of my favorite hobbies and collectibles.
E

the collectible aspect is fun, and sometimes frustrating.

welcome to the forum.

Ubermcoupe
12-17-2011, 2:19 PM
Hello to everyone,

I just moved to cali and joined the forums! I have been around for about a year or so on AKfiles and have some decent feedback with the same screen name. Just want to introduce my self, and hope I can get some good info from these forums as well as contribute!

E

Welcome Guys! :)

Toroi86
12-17-2011, 4:41 PM
Hello all! New here and hoping to learn and laugh with new friends. Looking to sell as well. . . Once I get everything figured out. So stay tuned! ;p

200Apples
12-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Greetings. My name's Chris. Nice place you have here.

I've plinked (city boy - I'm a camper but not yet a hunter) a few times since the 1970's using friend's guns, but only just purchased my own firearms beginning last spring. I patronize the corner gun store, Martin B. Retting in Culver City, where I've purchased a CZ 527 Carbine chambered in 7.62 X 39. I also found a very clean, little used S&W Model 3000; a beautiful 12 ga pump shotgun (a clone of the 870) made by Howa. Additional barrels for it are difficult to locate. The factory-equipped barrel is a 30" full choke and is great for birdshot and clays, but I also wanted to shoot buckshot and then have a slug barrel and a short barrel.

So I "needed", see, that clean, used Wingmaster (28" barrel, integrated modified choke) that had just landed in the used rack and then I bought two additional barrels for it online; a 24" rifled slug barrel and an 18.5" security barrel. Both barrels are manufactured by Mossberg as 870 Replacement Barrels, made in Mexico using U.S. steel. I've not yet shot the rifled barrel because I'm unsure of the exact type of slug rounds that barrel requires. I have shot Winchester rilfed slugs through the security barrel, and, yeehaww! they hit hard. I shoot the carbine and both pump shotguns out at Angeles Shooting Ranges in Tujunga Cyn.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7161/6490380019_d3ab82652c_z.jpg

Glad to have found Calguns.net. Mark over at Retting suggested you folks.
Thanks for being here!

mumblez
12-19-2011, 2:27 PM
Newbie here. love this forum. hope to learn new things on here. cheers!

SixGunsRattlesnake
12-20-2011, 2:36 PM
Howdy. Just joined, looking forward to it. Not new to guns, and not really new to California I just don't spend much time here

LowThudd
12-21-2011, 5:15 AM
Hello from SoCal! Nice forum! I have been finding links to this forum with every firearms related search I do on Google, and I have learned quite a bit as a result. Seems like a nice place to hang out and share ideas. I have been interested in firearms and shooting sports since I first learned how to properly handle firearms with my uncles 25 years ago. Nice to be here! Thanks!

Fisherman
12-21-2011, 10:13 AM
I am a new member and not from CA, but does that eliminate me from using Calgun? I grew up in SD, hunting and fishing, own many guns from an AR-15 to .22 pistols. I am a commercial salmon and tuna fisherman, fishing in CA, WA, and OR. My home port is Newport OR ,http://twofishersgourmetseafood.com/ and I am getting ready to retire to Pahrump, NV. I have a Family Diamond membership in FrontSight and am looking forward to getting more gun training after I move this fall. I am a retired 34 year Navy Master Chief Petty Officer now living in SeaTac Washington. I was the Mayor one term and the Deputy Mayor two terms, but lost the election this year and can’t wait to get out of town and enjoy my retirement. :D The liberals and progressives put me out of politics by hiring the “occupy group” to doorbell against me. They are also after our guns folks :mad:and that is why I have been an NRA member for over 40 years. Actually I paid for NRA life member today. I am also a life member for VFW.

AJ27
12-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Hi everyone my names AJ I'm new to calguns forums... Used this site and its very helpful info to start my first AR build... Thanks for all the helpful info and I'm happy to be a member

yman
12-22-2011, 8:26 AM
I just joined the forum, and I am really impressed by it. I used to shoot recreationally with a handgun and just got my first ever two rifles before the stupid CA ban. Then my kids were born about a month after and I did not shoot at all until now since my kids are older now. Once I get back into it, I plan to expose them to responsible ownership and let them make up their own minds.

Well, I look forward to being part of the forum.

Cheers!

YMAN (aka Scott)

MyklGee
12-24-2011, 9:09 AM
Hello All, I have looked around here a bunch and now had to join due to the lawsuit just filed. I have always asked gun shop owners why I need to wait 10 days each time. I was always told it was a way for the state to make money. So thanks and I hope Calguns wins !!!

About me... Moved to Cali with the Navy a bunch of years ago. Raising a family in San Diego now. I used to shoot a bunch as a kid and now am getting back in to the sport. Looking to attend an Appleseed event in March. Thanks to the many people here answering questions.
Michael