PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Calguns!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Chopper
12-06-2010, 12:26 PM
I give up. How do you leave feedback for someone on itrader?

Lost.monkey
12-06-2010, 5:35 PM
Hello!

I'd like to send a general "thank you" to all who participate on this forum! I thought obtaining my weapon of choice (M16A2) was virtually impossible in this draconian state, but through your knowledge and guidance I was able to purchase and go shoot just this last weekend.

After 5 years in the USMC, it just seemed silly to me to let all the marksmanship training go to waste!

So, to all, a heart-fealt THANK YOU!!

-Derek

ct126x
12-09-2010, 12:49 PM
New here! Making my first handgun purchase this Saturday.

bachir
12-09-2010, 9:12 PM
Hello! This is Bachir from DESERT FOX SALES. I like to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Bachir Kadri

Airrixd
12-11-2010, 1:04 PM
Hello, New member and new handgun owner. Loving this site.

bjl333
12-11-2010, 1:10 PM
I guess I've already been posting for a bit but I haven't properly introduced myself properly. Hi all. LA born and raised grad student, currently abroad and gun-less, planning to remedy that when I get back next year. Hoping you all do something about the price of ammo in the interim;)

Hello Calguners!
Long time Calguns "lurker", long time handgun "shopper" and as of this Tuesday I'll finally be a new handgun Owner! I've learned so much from this forum this past year that hopefully I'll be able to contribute and give back as much and more.

Hello to all of you as well...
Coming from a country where firearms are heavily restricted, I'm starting to discover the joy of shooting... I still do not own any, but maybe this will change ! (currently a student so it is not really possible at the moment)

Hello!

I'd like to send a general "thank you" to all who participate on this forum! I thought obtaining my weapon of choice (M16A2) was virtually impossible in this draconian state, but through your knowledge and guidance I was able to purchase and go shoot just this last weekend.

After 5 years in the USMC, it just seemed silly to me to let all the marksmanship training go to waste!

So, to all, a heart-fealt THANK YOU!!

-Derek

New here! Making my first handgun purchase this Saturday.

Hello! This is Bachir from DESERT FOX SALES. I like to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Bachir Kadri

Hello, New member and new handgun owner. Loving this site.

Welcome to Calguns Y'all !!! :D:D Hope you guys find this site as entertaining as I have. :thumbsup:

HatersLOVEme : )
12-12-2010, 2:41 PM
Been lurking for years figured I'm in Norcal I should join : )

Ruin
12-14-2010, 8:08 AM
Here from Oakland/Berkeley. Into building and driving hotrods, 357's, 9mm's, reloading, eating meat, thi food, surfing and other things.

Magnum Lode
12-15-2010, 1:52 AM
Howdy y'all from the Midwest. Been shooting 30+ years just about everything from a Remington .17 to a S&W .500. Mom's a certified NRA/CCW instructor, so I've helped out with a lot of shows, shoots, classes, and seminars, as well as record-keeping for a local competition league.

I took a nasty nosedive a couple years ago, and broke both elbows (among other things), so I haven't been able to do any shooting, but it'll always be in my blood.

Edwood
12-16-2010, 1:35 AM
New shooter here. Some friends of mine took me to my first time shooting in over 20 years. They got me hooked on shooting the USP45 at the range. Now we go on a regular basis. Unfortunately my wife is very anti-gun, so likely will never be able to own one personally, but at least my current favorite hand gun is available for rent at pretty much every firing range I've been to.

-Ed

Ape
12-16-2010, 1:50 PM
Unfortunately my wife is very anti-gun, so likely will never be able to own one personally, -Ed
This is something I've actually helped a friend deal with in the past.
An "anti gun wife" is a hard thing to overcome, however not impossible.
With the right exposure and finesse you can slowly bring her around to the idea if you're careful. And then once you manage to get her to a range to shoot a .22 you'll be amazed at how open to shooting she'll become. ;)

v2corps
12-16-2010, 2:27 PM
Sup everyone. 4 year AD Marine turned 4 year AD student. After prodding my circle of weapon fanatics friends i decided to start up my first AR and whenever i had a question they often referenced CalGuns.
I've been haunting the site for about 1 hour and already found the answers to my questions. Excellent resources/advice and some funny stories.

Burgher
12-16-2010, 6:37 PM
Glad to be here

MikeCal
12-17-2010, 5:00 PM
Hey everyone! First time gun owner (Remington 870). Referred by a buddy. Going to explore the site now. Excited!

baloot-boy
12-17-2010, 9:26 PM
Whats up all from San Diego. I've been a long time lurker, but finally created a login and now creating my first post on an excellent forum. Just about ready to build an AR15 as I bought a stripped lower over a week ago. Now I'm going to the Crossroads of West Gun Show in Del Mar and will probably end up over $1K in the hole. But hey......it was bound to happen sometime....why not now.

durandall05
12-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone I have been reading calguns for a while now, arguably the best forum on the web for us gun nuts that reside in the Republic of California.

Fishandshoot
12-20-2010, 7:03 PM
Been into the shoot game since the early 1990's till 2003 here in California. Thats when I registered here :) Then took a break from 2004-2010, but now I'm back. Great job with the site, it has definately improved.

skkppy
12-20-2010, 9:20 PM
Hello All,
College Recreational shooter here. Not really new to guns, or calguns, I've been snooping for a while.
Really like the site for information and insight.
My current collection:
Beretta Pintail Semiauto 12ga.
Magpuled out 18" "lego gun" AR

Spend most of my time shooting either out at burro or prado shooting park.

First post woot woot

bjl333
12-20-2010, 9:28 PM
Been lurking for years figured I'm in Norcal I should join : )

Here from Oakland/Berkeley. Into building and driving hotrods, 357's, 9mm's, reloading, eating meat, thi food, surfing and other things.

Howdy y'all from the Midwest. Been shooting 30+ years just about everything from a Remington .17 to a S&W .500. Mom's a certified NRA/CCW instructor, so I've helped out with a lot of shows, shoots, classes, and seminars, as well as record-keeping for a local competition league.

I took a nasty nosedive a couple years ago, and broke both elbows (among other things), so I haven't been able to do any shooting, but it'll always be in my blood.

New shooter here. Some friends of mine took me to my first time shooting in over 20 years. They got me hooked on shooting the USP45 at the range. Now we go on a regular basis. Unfortunately my wife is very anti-gun, so likely will never be able to own one personally, but at least my current favorite hand gun is available for rent at pretty much every firing range I've been to.

-Ed

Sup everyone. 4 year AD Marine turned 4 year AD student. After prodding my circle of weapon fanatics friends i decided to start up my first AR and whenever i had a question they often referenced CalGuns.
I've been haunting the site for about 1 hour and already found the answers to my questions. Excellent resources/advice and some funny stories.

Glad to be here

Hey everyone! First time gun owner (Remington 870). Referred by a buddy. Going to explore the site now. Excited!

Whats up all from San Diego. I've been a long time lurker, but finally created a login and now creating my first post on an excellent forum. Just about ready to build an AR15 as I bought a stripped lower over a week ago. Now I'm going to the Crossroads of West Gun Show in Del Mar and will probably end up over $1K in the hole. But hey......it was bound to happen sometime....why not now.

Hey everyone I have been reading calguns for a while now, arguably the best forum on the web for us gun nuts that reside in the Republic of California.

Been into the shoot game since the early 1990's till 2003 here in California. Thats when I registered here :) Then took a break from 2004-2010, but now I'm back. Great job with the site, it has definately improved.

Welcome to Calguns !!! Look around and ask questions if you can't find your answers. Enjoy !!!

bjl333
12-20-2010, 9:29 PM
Hello All,
College Recreational shooter here. Not really new to guns, or calguns, I've been snooping for a while.
Really like the site for information and insight.
My current collection:
Beretta Pintail Semiauto 12ga.
Magpuled out 18" "lego gun" AR

Spend most of my time shooting either out at burro or prado shooting park.

First post woot woot

Welcome to Calguns !!! :thumbsup:

mahbin
12-21-2010, 8:45 PM
Hi all, new here just wanted to say hi from Escalon.

pino
12-23-2010, 8:55 AM
greetings from Italy :seeya:

Norcalali
12-23-2010, 4:08 PM
Hi, Newbie here with a few simple handgun questions. Just found this site but having trouble finding a Q&A thread. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Norcalali
12-23-2010, 4:09 PM
Hi, I'm new as well. Need to find Q&A thread.

Burgher
12-23-2010, 8:54 PM
Me too (questions). Especially about how to stay out of jail with my new handguns. Is there a thread or forum with basics written in plain English?

infamous209
12-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey guys,
New guy 24 years old. Got 3 guns 20 gauge remington, winchester lever 30-30, and my newest and favorite the M&P 15 22 from S&W. Cant wait to learn and spread my little bit of knowledge. Thanks guys

semperfidelis354
12-25-2010, 8:51 PM
Hello, I've read some of the threads aand like the amount of info here so I hope to learn even more as a member! I just bought a yugo sks from big 5 recently and am looking forward to input on cleaning it up and also new investments along the way!

nstoolman1
12-26-2010, 4:12 PM
Native Southern Californian. Been married for 28 + years. 2 daughters, 2 female dogs. I live in a sea of estrogen. I have my man cave and try to get out shooting when I can. I use to shoot out in Hemet on my Uncles property before he sold it. It is located out on Hwy 74 where the pepper trees split the highway. Just before you go up to Idyllwild. He also use to own 10 acres on a mesa off of Bee Canyon. I hope to learn a few things from all of you.

ccwtrainer
12-27-2010, 7:51 AM
Hello,

My name is Wesley Lagomarsino. I'm new to Calguns. I see a lot of great discussions and information being shared here. I hope to help people in the Bay Area, Central Valley and Foot Hills get their CCW's. I'm an approved CCW Instructor for a bunch of cities and counties in CA. I'm also certified to teach the UT CCW course.

A little about my background:

Former Correctional Officer
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Instructor
Home Firearms Safety
First Steps Pistol Orientation
Basic Pistol
Personal Protection In The Home
Personal Protection Outside The Home Front Sight Diamond Life Member
Front Sight Distinguished Graduate - Handgun
Folsom Shooting Club Member & Volunteer
IDPA Member w/ SDPS
CA DOJ HSC Instructor
CA CCW Instructor
UT CCW Instructor

Feel free to contact me regarding any of the subjects listed above.

agrippa
12-28-2010, 9:28 AM
New guy here, San Diego, BWO Virginia. Got some goodies in storage back there, but wife just got me a Christmas present - Siggy, the 9mm P229. Little brother to Percy, the 12ga 590. I get the guns, she gets to name them.

PatriotnMore
12-28-2010, 9:37 AM
Welcome new guys, glad to have you. Jump in to the discussions anytime.

TurboBullet
12-28-2010, 7:28 PM
Hi, as you can see, I'm new to Calguns, I'm looking forward to spending time here and learning more about firearms. I heard about this place from my Dad, I enjoy going to the range with him and shooting his 1911. Love the kick. :68: Looking forward to being old enough to buy my own gun, for I am in high school.

X-QuickDraw-X
12-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Howdy all im new to the forum and i just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike im 22 years old and im new to hunting but i have been shooting my Howa 1500 for a lil over a year now. I live in the Los Angeles area and i go and shoot at the Angeles National Forest ranges. And i actually have planned to go out this weekend to the Mojave desert area just north of Landcaster to shoot out in the open for the first time. Well im looking forward to talking and getting to know you all better.

AtomicTactical.com
01-02-2011, 7:27 PM
Hello fellow Calgun members. Lived in the Lake Tahoe (Squaw Valley) area a few years back but current live in Minnesota. Just wanted to say hey to everyone. Im a big AR15 freak.

The Undertaker
01-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Hi all. I'm new to Calguns, but I'm not new to guns. I'm originally from the Bay Area but currently attending university in Socal. I'm both an owner and a shooter.

Kingcarcas
01-03-2011, 2:19 PM
Hi everybody! My name is Richard, I am not a gun owner yet but i plan on picking up a Moisin Nagant ASAP:chris:

BadKitty
01-03-2011, 9:34 PM
Hey all, I'm just cruisin' the board to read up on all of the good info here. I am San Diego born and raised. I've shot rifle and pistol, but have never owned my own. I am looking to get a 9mm, most likely Glock 19. Thanks!

.....Kelly http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9992/kittyhornssmilie.gif

orchard
01-05-2011, 6:01 PM
Need to get up to speed on all the rules.

Enjoyed shooting in Mississippi, where we had our own 320 acre deer lease/shooting range for 1000/yr.

1917 Enfield used for deer hunting.
Howa that needs it's first round.
Browning HiPower, S+W revolver
Browning Citori, Remington auto

Love to hunt, was into sporting clays.

Trying to convince Father in law to shoot his Match Garand (he was on US Army markmanship team). It's a beautiful rifle.

Orchard

The Geologist
01-05-2011, 7:56 PM
Just here to say Hay! Now off to the Races!!

jakekanen
01-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Salutations all, just thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Jake. I reside in Southern California and due to the influence of a dear frind of mine, I have been recently interested in owning firearms. Naturally, it was the same friend of mine that referred me to this site and I thought it was worth checking out!!

GunsForTony
01-06-2011, 9:28 AM
Hey everyone! I have recently finished an AR-15 and now am ready to get into the world fire arms! I am also very new to the forum thing as well!
Any advice or suggestions would be well appreciated!

bhaynnes
01-06-2011, 12:23 PM
68 years old lifelong gun owner and user. I was taught gun safety by my grandfather and father and have owned guns of all kinds, calibers and types. I served in the Military during the Viet Nam conflict and received Army weapons training also.

ralphtaff
01-06-2011, 6:23 PM
Hi, i am from colorado i have a .41 mag. in posted one thread and blewit i wrote 95 grain when it should have been 195 grain. sorry about that. looking for some data on that lead cast slug.

JakeS27
01-08-2011, 6:03 PM
Hey everyone!

Name is Jake. I am 21 from Long Beach but currently attending Fresno State. I do not currently own any firearms but I have fired plenty of shotguns and handguns so I am familiar with them.

I joined to become more informed about California laws about gun ownership before I purchase anything. I am also interested in helping defend our 2nd amendment rights.

alvfr750
01-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to forum and I am in the process of putting together my first AR build. There is so much information here it makes my head spin (in a good way). I live in San Jose and hope to learn as much as I can here.

bjl333
01-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Welcome to all the new Calgunners !!!!

nick562
01-10-2011, 9:41 PM
new member:D

Defensive Armament
01-11-2011, 5:09 PM
Hello from Georgia! Long time lurker here. All though we're on different sides of the country we're on the same side of the Constitution!

Hello to my brothers and sisters in arms!

Lot's of great information on here, thanks!

ksleo204
01-13-2011, 8:11 AM
Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum. I didn't see anything in the rules that stated out of staters were not allowed and now that I've done some looking it does not appear to be the case. So, hello from Kansas and I hope that I can add something of value to your forum. Thanks Jason

Oh and by the way, whoever has the screen name of "tacticalj" well that's what I use on every other forum so there! LOL

Zorrm
01-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Hey everyone,

My name is Ben, I am a Sergeant (soon to be Staff Sergeant) in the US Army, currently on recruiting duty (boo) but an avid firearms enthusiast. Great to see such a great community with such a wealth of information here, something I'm glad to be a part of. I've been part of many forums and even moderated/admin'd a few, so fitting in here shouldn't be all that tough. I look forward to getting to know the members here and experiencing what this community has to offer.

I found out about this particular forum with a referral from my friend who works in my office with me, and is my current shooting/gun buddy.

~Ben

Turtlez06
01-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Hello all, new to the calguns forum. Thank you for all the wealth of information here. Looking forward to getting to know you all. I own several semi-auto rifles and pistols. My new interest is getting a FAL still undecided on where to get it from. Thanks for having me.

s197
01-16-2011, 6:22 AM
Hey everyone! just got my first rifle, looking forward to get some more info from you guys and start modding my rifle.

solidstate
01-16-2011, 8:24 AM
Hey all. New to the forum and wanted post up. Heard a lot of good things about the site and had to check it out for myself. Looking forward to picking and sharing with the brains out there.

Arisaka
01-18-2011, 2:12 PM
Hello, new Calgunner here! Thanks for this great site!

ThiZZ
01-18-2011, 3:36 PM
hey everyone... new to calguns... my name is sam... ive shot a few guns... glock 19.. 38 special... springfield xdm... im looking to be a first time gun owner...

any pistol recommendations?

Arisaka
01-19-2011, 9:40 AM
Steyr M40! My birthday is coming up.....

jmsenk
01-19-2011, 9:16 PM
Hey all, I'm new to this site, but not to shooting.

recently moved to Newport Beach from Florida - despite the gun laws here.
I have 9 years in the Army with the Airborne Infantry, and I am an NRA Certified Insturctor in Pistol and Personal Protection. Currently in Graduate School getting my MBA from Cal-State, Long Beach. I shoot about as much as I can, and I teach NRA courses and Personalized training if anyone is interested in working on their skillset.

I came to Calguns.net to get in tune with the California shooting and training community, and to share ideas and information.

erg33
01-20-2011, 4:11 PM
Hello, I have been turned on to Calguns by a co-worker and find it very informative to a newbee like myself. Hope to learn and enjoy this hobby. Maybe i'll get to meet and greet with some of yall. :)

bjl333
01-21-2011, 8:58 AM
Welcome to Calguns !!! If you have questions just ask. Ignore all the PMSing Gunners here!! :eek::p

ipack
01-21-2011, 2:37 PM
Hello to all,

I am a new member to Calguns but have been looking around here for a while. I don't get to do too much shooting anymore, but looking to get more involved along with my son (10 years old). Are there any recommendations on juniors/kids training/clubs in the So. Cal area?

I will be checking in from time to time to learn more.

mkane
01-21-2011, 5:08 PM
I stumbled accross this site and had to join. Born in Oakland. Just finished up a bencerest in the backyard, should last until I'm dead. Just turned 58, retired Operating Engineer
And to all those involved, thanks for all the hard work fighting AB962.

Sicilian
01-21-2011, 6:11 PM
Just joined up. I hope I haven't been put on some government watch list for doing so. :no:

docsox
01-21-2011, 10:06 PM
I live in a gated community in California, on the edge of nothingness. I take my grandson over the perimeter wall (we use a step ladder to go up and over and down) with Daisy BB gun and my Crossman.

We rarely encounter anyone, but once we met by chance a man about my age (65 at the time) who looked as though he thought we would kill him.

I will not forget the look on his face. GUNS??????!!!!! I was saddened by the encounter and the inappropriate thoughts I believe he carried re me, my grandson, our intentions, our morals, etc. I said what I would say to anyone crossing my path: "Hi. Howya doin" or something like that. No response, just pallor and a quickstep to get as far away from "danger" as quickly as possible.

I'm from South Carolina where they wonder what you are up to if you DON'T have a gun with you walking down the road.

Sad to see that a grandfather walking down the road with a pellet gun, out for the afternoon with his grandson carrying a Daisy evokes fear.

thearmedrebel
01-22-2011, 11:44 AM
My fellow forum members on the 1911 Forum said this was the place to go for information on California gun laws, and since there is a real possibility of my returning to the State of my birth, I figured I should start finding out what I have to do to bring my AR-15, M1 Carbine and various standard capacity magazines with me, if that's even allowed.

Robert

Americanel
01-22-2011, 2:29 PM
Hello!!! i come from italy :D my name is Andrea and have 28y old
i have ( for the moment ghghgh ) 2 firearms:

Kimber Tactical Custom II / 45acp 5inc barrel
Heckler&Koch MR 223 / 223rem

drangel
01-22-2011, 3:53 PM
Joined not too long ago. Finally checking in to say hello, and to note that you are all much more civil than many of us on an unnamed rifle forum I frequent. Cheers!

bigmedicine
01-22-2011, 5:56 PM
Hi there. I'm AJ and I work for another member at Henderson Defense. I am the guy who answers your questions, packages your orders, and fixes problems.

bjl333
01-23-2011, 9:36 AM
Hello to all,

I am a new member to Calguns but have been looking around here for a while. I don't get to do too much shooting anymore, but looking to get more involved along with my son (10 years old). Are there any recommendations on juniors/kids training/clubs in the So. Cal area?

I will be checking in from time to time to learn more.

I stumbled accross this site and had to join. Born in Oakland. Just finished up a bencerest in the backyard, should last until I'm dead. Just turned 58, retired Operating Engineer
And to all those involved, thanks for all the hard work fighting AB962.

Just joined up. I hope I haven't been put on some government watch list for doing so. :no:

I live in a gated community in California, on the edge of nothingness. I take my grandson over the perimeter wall (we use a step ladder to go up and over and down) with Daisy BB gun and my Crossman.

We rarely encounter anyone, but once we met by chance a man about my age (65 at the time) who looked as though he thought we would kill him.

I will not forget the look on his face. GUNS??????!!!!! I was saddened by the encounter and the inappropriate thoughts I believe he carried re me, my grandson, our intentions, our morals, etc. I said what I would say to anyone crossing my path: "Hi. Howya doin" or something like that. No response, just pallor and a quickstep to get as far away from "danger" as quickly as possible.

I'm from South Carolina where they wonder what you are up to if you DON'T have a gun with you walking down the road.

Sad to see that a grandfather walking down the road with a pellet gun, out for the afternoon with his grandson carrying a Daisy evokes fear.

My fellow forum members on the 1911 Forum said this was the place to go for information on California gun laws, and since there is a real possibility of my returning to the State of my birth, I figured I should start finding out what I have to do to bring my AR-15, M1 Carbine and various standard capacity magazines with me, if that's even allowed.

Robert

Hello!!! i come from italy :D my name is Andrea and have 28y old
i have ( for the moment ghghgh ) 2 firearms:

Kimber Tactical Custom II / 45acp 5inc barrel
Heckler&Koch MR 223 / 223rem

Joined not too long ago. Finally checking in to say hello, and to note that you are all much more civil than many of us on an unnamed rifle forum I frequent. Cheers!

Hi there. I'm AJ and I work for another member at Henderson Defense. I am the guy who answers your questions, packages your orders, and fixes problems.

Welcome to Calguns !!! Enjoy yourselves here ...

Corveus
01-23-2011, 3:05 PM
Hey, everyone, I've been reading these forums for months on random advice on guns, local stores, firearms legislation, etc, so I figured it's probably a good time for me to join! :D This place is pretty great. I'm from Berkeley.

I'm excited to pick up my first Glock next thursday :)

nutZ408
01-23-2011, 6:55 PM
Good evening everyone!!! I finally decided to register...Awesome forum!!!!

Bull Elk
01-24-2011, 8:46 AM
I enjoyed reading about Calguns I decided to join. Can someone tell me the proper way to post firearms for sale?

Thank you,

Bull Elk:rolleyes:

Rolls-Royce
01-24-2011, 8:50 AM
Hi, guys. Another lurker joins the fold. I've been a gun owner since 1974, and a CA resident since retiring from the AF in '92. I'd kinda gotten away from shooting since my jobs after '92 have all involved nights/weekends shifts and it's hard to coordinate range trips with 9-5 M-F working friends. A co-worker had gotten interested in 5.56 military style rifles and I was helping him research CA-specific legalities when I found this forum (he now has a brand-new SCAR-16 in jail at his dealer's, BTW). Needless to say, I got the bug again and am lusting after an AK74 clone. Thanks for listening!:)

crye-baby
01-25-2011, 6:51 AM
Hi All. just wanted to introduce myself. Ive enjoyed reading threads on this forum for some time now - it's about time i joined! Thanks for haveing me:cool2:

SIGSHOOTR
01-25-2011, 1:06 PM
Hi all-- thanks for creating such a community and resource. It's great to be a part of this forum. Hope to learn lots from you guys and contribute when I can. Cheers.

nygunbroker
01-25-2011, 4:34 PM
Hello all!
Greetings from snow covered Upstate New York. My name is George
My Wife Rose and I Own an Online Gun Store Rgunsny.com we ship to California We also have a brick and mortar store here in New York.This forum has a lot of great topics to read and discuss.
We both have concealed carry Pistol Permits as there called in Wayne county ,New York.We enjoy shooting and talking with fellow gun owners .About guns or anything. I Look forward to reading the posts and talking to you all great topics. New York Has some tough Gun laws. NY is a may issue state also. with limits on mag. capacity 10 round max. Talk to you soon. :D
George :cool2:
Be safe
See in the gun shop

LunchBox
01-26-2011, 1:08 AM
Hello everyone,

Finally registered after lurking around here for quite some time. Looking forward to this learning experience :D

PacificDiver
01-26-2011, 7:14 AM
Hello,
Done lurking, finally joined!

dls
01-26-2011, 8:28 AM
Adding one more to the Calgun ranks.
And hopefully a CCW Permit holder in the next couple of months.

bjl333
01-26-2011, 8:36 AM
Hey, everyone, I've been reading these forums for months on random advice on guns, local stores, firearms legislation, etc, so I figured it's probably a good time for me to join! :D This place is pretty great. I'm from Berkeley.

I'm excited to pick up my first Glock next thursday

Good evening everyone!!! I finally decided to register...Awesome forum!!!!

I enjoyed reading about Calguns I decided to join. Can someone tell me the proper way to post firearms for sale?

Thank you,

Bull Elk

Hi, guys. Another lurker joins the fold. I've been a gun owner since 1974, and a CA resident since retiring from the AF in '92. I'd kinda gotten away from shooting since my jobs after '92 have all involved nights/weekends shifts and it's hard to coordinate range trips with 9-5 M-F working friends. A co-worker had gotten interested in 5.56 military style rifles and I was helping him research CA-specific legalities when I found this forum (he now has a brand-new SCAR-16 in jail at his dealer's, BTW). Needless to say, I got the bug again and am lusting after an AK74 clone. Thanks for listening!

Hi All. just wanted to introduce myself. Ive enjoyed reading threads on this forum for some time now - it's about time i joined! Thanks for haveing me

Hi all-- thanks for creating such a community and resource. It's great to be a part of this forum. Hope to learn lots from you guys and contribute when I can. Cheers.

Hello all!
Greetings from snow covered Upstate New York. My name is George
My Wife Rose and I Own an Online Gun Store Rgunsny.com we ship to California We also have a brick and mortar store here in New York.This forum has a lot of great topics to read and discuss.
We both have concealed carry Pistol Permits as there called in Wayne county ,New York.We enjoy shooting and talking with fellow gun owners .About guns or anything. I Look forward to reading the posts and talking to you all great topics. New York Has some tough Gun laws. NY is a may issue state also. with limits on mag. capacity 10 round max. Talk to you soon. :D
George :cool2:
Be safe
See in the gun shop

Hello everyone,

Finally registered after lurking around here for quite some time. Looking forward to this learning experience :D

Hello,
Done lurking, finally joined!

Adding one more to the Calgun ranks.
And hopefully a CCW Permit holder in the next couple of months.

Welcome to Calguns everyone !!! Don't just register and disappear ... :D

Zorrm
01-26-2011, 8:50 AM
Greetings and welcome to all those that are new here. Happy shooting and happy posting!

Ukiahgunnut
01-26-2011, 1:38 PM
New member here and I thought is would be nice to say Hello. My name is Dave and I have a couple of Glock 9mm's; Glock 19 that I have had for the past twenty years, or so, and a Glock 26 sub compact, that I just got.

Dave

Mr. Burns
01-27-2011, 12:53 AM
I figured I would join sooner or later. I went with sooner:)

Just wanted to say hi for now and I'm sure I will have plenty of questions in the future. Thanks for a great forum.

facelesskillah
01-27-2011, 10:12 AM
hi everyone im a complete noob tho this forum site.. i could really use some help as to find my way around. im really interested in looking for .50dtc rifles that are for sale. any help would be greatly appreciated and save me from head aches. lol

Urban Tactical USA
01-28-2011, 3:51 PM
Hello everyone! Like many I've been reading the forum for awhile and finally decided to join in. Thanks for having me aboad.

naomiliz9
01-28-2011, 11:02 PM
hi im new in this forum and it has lots of great information out here.:cool::cool:

matthewbrian316
01-29-2011, 6:04 PM
Hi Everyone great forum here ! Just wanted to say Hi to everyone!

SnakePlissken
01-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Hello All, I think I found you guy's from AR-15.com. I was a member there YEARS ago. Been looking around here for awhile and joined yesterday. I love guns and ammo.....:D

E81
01-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Hi All!

Lurking since forever...finally signed up because I'm going gun crazy again :gunsmilie::gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

USAF//JDM
01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Hey everyone,

How's it going? long-time lurker, just decided to FINALLY become a member. I'm gun crazy and i like asking questions so I'm sure you'll all be seeing me alot :D

Zorrm
02-04-2011, 7:24 PM
Glad to have all you new guys here as well!

lotteman
02-05-2011, 12:46 PM
hey everyone! been lurking here for a bit and finally decided to join!

I just started getting into weapon's and shooting. I did 4 months in Marine Corps. yes... 4 months, did boot and got kicked out for asthma:( anyways, i fell in love with shooting and weapons while in boot and plan to make it a hobby once i get the $$. I'm 19 years old going on 20 this year!

modernchaos
02-06-2011, 8:12 PM
Hey all,

New member here, just wanted to finally register, and take part in this community. I enjoy guns, shooting, hiking, panning, and most outdoor activities. I enjoy music, and play bass in an Irish Rock band. I also like tech stuff, and even a little light gunsmithing.

Look forward to hanging out here, and hopefully taking part in some activities with you folks!!
:party:

Dion
02-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Hey guys,

San Jose resident, Santa Cruz native - mountain bike addict, strict vegetarian. I have quite a few firearms, big and small, new and old, along with some WWII rifles - some bubba'ed and others restored. I was brought to this website via a childhood friend I've reconnected with on Facebook.

I like shooting blue paper men with a .22lr at Target Masters in Milpitas every week or so and leave the big stuff at home for occassional fun. I'm looking to add a .22lr semi-auto pistol so I can leave the 9mm behind. Love me some rimfire in this economy!

See ya' around :)

Liberty Hound
02-07-2011, 4:30 PM
Thanks for the great site

Which Way Out
02-08-2011, 2:27 PM
Alright let me say Hi and get this over with.

Solarcooked
02-10-2011, 9:05 PM
Hello. I'm new to this kind of thing. I just shot my first handgun(s) in my life. Loved it and now I'm hooked. Took a NRA Basic Pistol Course last week. Hope to buy my first gun tomorrow. Sig 226. Wish me luck!

bjl333
02-13-2011, 1:21 PM
Greetings and welcome to all those that are new here. Happy shooting and happy posting!

New member here and I thought is would be nice to say Hello. My name is Dave and I have a couple of Glock 9mm's; Glock 19 that I have had for the past twenty years, or so, and a Glock 26 sub compact, that I just got.

Dave

I figured I would join sooner or later. I went with sooner:)

Just wanted to say hi for now and I'm sure I will have plenty of questions in the future. Thanks for a great forum.

hi everyone im a complete noob tho this forum site.. i could really use some help as to find my way around. im really interested in looking for .50dtc rifles that are for sale. any help would be greatly appreciated and save me from head aches. lol

Hello everyone! Like many I've been reading the forum for awhile and finally decided to join in. Thanks for having me aboad.

hi im new in this forum and it has lots of great information out here.:cool::cool:

Hi Everyone great forum here ! Just wanted to say Hi to everyone!

Hello All, I think I found you guy's from AR-15.com. I was a member there YEARS ago. Been looking around here for awhile and joined yesterday. I love guns and ammo.....:D

Hi All!

Lurking since forever...finally signed up because I'm going gun crazy again :gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

Welcome to Calguns !!! Keep coming back and have fun!!

bjl333
02-13-2011, 1:22 PM
Hey everyone,

How's it going? long-time lurker, just decided to FINALLY become a member. I'm gun crazy and i like asking questions so I'm sure you'll all be seeing me alot :D

Glad to have all you new guys here as well!

hey everyone! been lurking here for a bit and finally decided to join!

I just started getting into weapon's and shooting. I did 4 months in Marine Corps. yes... 4 months, did boot and got kicked out for asthma:( anyways, i fell in love with shooting and weapons while in boot and plan to make it a hobby once i get the $$. I'm 19 years old going on 20 this year!

Hey all,

New member here, just wanted to finally register, and take part in this community. I enjoy guns, shooting, hiking, panning, and most outdoor activities. I enjoy music, and play bass in an Irish Rock band. I also like tech stuff, and even a little light gunsmithing.

Look forward to hanging out here, and hopefully taking part in some activities with you folks!!
:party:

Hey guys,

San Jose resident, Santa Cruz native - mountain bike addict, strict vegetarian. I have quite a few firearms, big and small, new and old, along with some WWII rifles - some bubba'ed and others restored. I was brought to this website via a childhood friend I've reconnected with on Facebook.

I like shooting blue paper men with a .22lr at Target Masters in Milpitas every week or so and leave the big stuff at home for occassional fun. I'm looking to add a .22lr semi-auto pistol so I can leave the 9mm behind. Love me some rimfire in this economy!

See ya' around :)

Thanks for the great site

Alright let me say Hi and get this over with.

Hello. I'm new to this kind of thing. I just shot my first handgun(s) in my life. Loved it and now I'm hooked. Took a NRA Basic Pistol Course last week. Hope to buy my first gun tomorrow. Sig 226. Wish me luck!

Welcome to Calguns !!! Stick around and have some fun !!

nukefx007
02-15-2011, 3:52 PM
Hello!!! New member, long time reader... After long research online, asking gun owner friends what gun to get, going to gun stores to see the fit and feel of guns, I finally ordered my first gun, a Glock 19; I will be able to pick it up next Saturday!!! Cant wait to shoot that thing. I live in Orange County (Anaheim), I only know the shooting range in Artesia, any other recommendations where else I could go? Thanks..

whatpain
02-16-2011, 9:59 PM
hello everyone!! long time gun enthusiast. didnt actually fire my first real gun till basic training. nothing like that first time. oh cecilia i miss you. anyway i now own a high point .380 (i know i know but it was 180 dollars!!) and am currently waiting my 10 day period for a glock 22 rtf.

foxtrot66
02-17-2011, 8:40 PM
New to site, just wanted to say hello and look forward to networking here!

Dozen Gauge
02-18-2011, 8:45 PM
Hi to all. I've been reading for awhile and decided I should join such a great group of shotgun nuts. My HD is a Win 1300 Defender I bought in 1984 and fortunately never had to use for defense.

Its been wearing the same clothes for 27 years now and I guess its time for an apparel update for old grandpa. I'm seeing lots of options here to get that done and am anxious to get started. I'll probably have a question or two along the way for you.

"I would rather be judged by twelve men than carried by six."

Colonel Monk
02-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Colonel Monk. No, I'm not a real colonel, it's just a nickname given to me by some friends....

I'm from MI originally and have been in CA for about 11 years.

I've been shooting for 30 years, first rifle I ever shot was an old single shot winchester drop breech that fired 22 shorts. I guess it was a training rifle of some kind.

I left my weapons with my folks when I came out here, and for the past 5 years all I've had is my trusty Rem 870 scattergun.

Thanks to a end of year bonus I'm buying some arms this month.

Walther P22
Taurus Tracker Model 670 .357
Glock (haven't decided)

and looking to build an AR in M4 configuration.

Friend of a friend has his FFL and so is hooking me up with some good deals.

I've been lurking here for a bit and thanks for all the information.

Monk

Jpeg
02-19-2011, 4:15 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and was introduced by a friend of mine. I'm currently in the market for a hand gun and was told that this was a great resource. As my first handgun, i'm looking for something that packs a bit of everything and is all around a good gun. And yes, i am aware that different guns are best suited for different situations. So, i'll try to save you all the hassle of trying to explain and not ask what the "BEST" gun is. ;) See yall int he forums!

imoses14
02-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey everyone.

I've been a member of PAFOA.org for almost 2 years now. And, I've heard (good) things about calguns.net so I finally decided to join. Now it's time for me to browse this forum. See y'all around!

iskra31
02-20-2011, 5:10 PM
Hello everyone!
New member to calguns.net, I've read many different threads on here and finally decided to join now that I have a few firearms. Hope to be a help and get some advice when I need it!

Lexicon Devil
02-21-2011, 2:44 PM
New member here. I'm currently living in San Diego (originally from NY) and have grown up around firearms for all of my life. As a personal rule, I generally lurk most boards for a good while to get the feel of things before I start taking part in discussions. I'm hoping to pick up lots of good info from this board, and from what I've been seeing, there's lots of awesome stuff.

pmoore
02-22-2011, 7:21 AM
I meant to sign up months ago but better late...
Being from TX, Ca's gun climate and "legislation" is bewildering to me to say the least so it's great to find a likeminded community.
Look forward to getting to know y'all.

jtmoney
02-23-2011, 10:20 AM
my intro post on yet another forum lol. south bay area resident here and was referred by a few friends to calguns for usefull info and firearm sales. I gotta say the site looks to be pretty clean and well done! Happy to be here

Mikeed
02-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Hello everyone new to the forum have been coming here for months. The info provided has saved me time and aggravation . Very informative. I cant wait to get started building my second AR . :D

hazzardsb
02-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Hi everyone - I have been a long time reader of the forums here at Calguns, but I have never posted anything. Just wanted to stop in and say "hi" before I start posting!

xmustanguyx
02-25-2011, 2:00 AM
Yeah, me too! I haven't posted in forever!

kenbarls
02-25-2011, 2:43 AM
[Oooh fresh meat! :D

Hello.. I am new here.. Thanks for the welcome. :D

Gem211
02-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone..
I'm new to the forum an website..:)

xavier902
02-25-2011, 5:03 PM
Well.. I registered here to get something i've been searching for a while now. But i have been reading some of your posts. And must say. I'm liking this site. Lots of smarts in here. Thanks for the welcomes.

bjl333
02-25-2011, 7:31 PM
Welcome to Calguns !!! Stick around and make some friends ...

splode
02-25-2011, 11:24 PM
I was a lurker...

BigBossDan
02-28-2011, 10:53 PM
First off, I would like to thank everyone for unwhittingly helping me decide on what new rifle to buy. I've been researching for the last six months and the best information came mostly from CalGuns members (lot's of very well informed people here). I had finally decided on building a semi-auto over a bolt-action and building the most accurate .308 DPMS I could afford. The price quickly climbed to over $3K and my local gunshop owner (OC Armory) showed me a new arrival that he had sold his personal built tactical rifle to buy. The LMT 308 MWS. It is almost exactly what I was planning to build with the added benefit of being factory built. I can't wait for it to serve it's time. I'll let everyone know how good it really is. I would appreciate tips, tricks or cautions from anyone with experience with this rifle. Suggestions for optics and accessories would also be welcome.
Thanks Again CalGuns!
BigBossDan

motoxboard
03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here on calguns and I am already starting to feel more smart and I think my accuracy is improving aswell. Thanx

josepontejos
03-02-2011, 8:50 PM
Hi to everyone, I'm new here, looking forward to read interesting topic here.

Gatotsu77
03-04-2011, 6:57 PM
Howdy, been lurking for quite a while, have read a great many threads in the last year or two on here. Lot of good info, lot of cool people, lot of nice looking guns, equipment, etc. I just might have to hang around. :P

RedNexDomo
03-04-2011, 9:40 PM
I'm in the right place Git-r-Done lol

Kapp'n
03-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Hiya! LONG time lurker, first time poster here.

bjl333
03-06-2011, 9:08 PM
I was a lurker...

First off, I would like to thank everyone for unwhittingly helping me decide on what new rifle to buy. I've been researching for the last six months and the best information came mostly from CalGuns members (lot's of very well informed people here). I had finally decided on building a semi-auto over a bolt-action and building the most accurate .308 DPMS I could afford. The price quickly climbed to over $3K and my local gunshop owner (OC Armory) showed me a new arrival that he had sold his personal built tactical rifle to buy. The LMT 308 MWS. It is almost exactly what I was planning to build with the added benefit of being factory built. I can't wait for it to serve it's time. I'll let everyone know how good it really is. I would appreciate tips, tricks or cautions from anyone with experience with this rifle. Suggestions for optics and accessories would also be welcome.
Thanks Again CalGuns!
BigBossDan

Hi everyone, I'm new here on calguns and I am already starting to feel more smart and I think my accuracy is improving aswell. Thanx

Hi to everyone, I'm new here, looking forward to read interesting topic here.

Howdy, been lurking for quite a while, have read a great many threads in the last year or two on here. Lot of good info, lot of cool people, lot of nice looking guns, equipment, etc. I just might have to hang around. :P

I'm in the right place Git-r-Done lol

Hiya! LONG time lurker, first time poster here.

Welcome to Calguns !!!

Pistol Fan
03-07-2011, 3:49 AM
Hi All, I have been a lurker here for a couple years and member for a year or so. I have been a shooter for most of my life and dabbled in USPSA. I've done some upland bird hunting and sporting clay shooting in the past too. I currently have a Utah carry permit.

I plan on moving to Ca in the next month and I want to be sure I do everything correctly in respect to importing/registering my firearms. I've looked around, but I could use some direction, either outright or to an old thread for "new CA residents". Any help would be appreciated. The only thing I think I know is that I can bring in some guns when moving that I could not otherwise purchase as a CA resident.

As to why a gun owner would want to move to CA, I have family here and I'm also moving from IL in Cook county. The only place with more restrictive laws.:rolleyes:

davidjkovach
03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Hello,
I am looking for a hard to find Egyptian rifle. It is called a Rasheed. If anyone has one to sell I would like to know. I have the big brother called a "Hakim"

lokee99
03-08-2011, 3:21 AM
Hey All,

New to the site and new to Lemoore, CA. I barely have a clue about the gun laws here and I am sure they are totally different from Virginia but I plan to purchase a handgun as soon as I return from deployment and I have hopes to get a CCW. So I look forward to learning and once I get the knowledge I plan on giving back.

toyzilla
03-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Newbie here!:)

Not only to the site, but to handguns as well. I have been a hunter for many years, so I own shotguns and rifles.

This site has been very informative. I have been lurking for a while and have learned a lot!

Also, if it wasn't for this site I would never have known that Sacramento is now a "shall issue" county. :D I now have my application date on Aug 25 and am checking for canellations as often as I can!

Thanks everyone!

~Scott

al8550
03-08-2011, 5:01 PM
Hey I'm new to forum and I am looking for some advice about the Trijicon ACOGs. I'm about to purchase two ARs chambered in .223 and 6.8. I am set on purchasing an ACOG but I recently discovered that they come in both .223 and 6.8. After seeing the price I am only looking to purchase one of the ACOGs. Both scopes are exactly the same price at my local shop. I wasn't if I should purchase the ACOG in 6.8 or .223. Which ACOG would be (easier/ better) to sight in, a 6.8 or .223 for the ARs? Any advice would be helpful thank you.

The_Funktasm
03-08-2011, 8:14 PM
Hello, all. I'm new here, and only in the past two years have started shooting. Hopefully through this site I can find good advice on firearms in general, not to mention perhaps advice on future builds.

LazyDog
03-10-2011, 1:56 PM
Finally signed up after lurking for weeks...

Fairly new to guns. I've owned a Ruger Service 6 Revolver for 15 years, but recently started shooting more and have grown my collection slightly. Now I have a Sig 226 9mm and Mossberg 500 12 gauge.

I'm looking forward to contributing and reading/learning from the experienced old pro's on this board.

thedaringdragoon
03-10-2011, 2:28 PM
I've been a lurker for a while, finally decided to post up. Used to shoot and hunt a lot when I was a teen (with my dad) have recently gotten back into it.

kmartzen
03-10-2011, 4:50 PM
Long time shooter, short time lurker.....

xSARSx
03-12-2011, 1:19 AM
hi all. new to the forums, i use to hunt with my dad when i was a kid and got out now i am trying to get back into guns. dont know much about guns, but i've been reading a lot on this forum and man its confusing with all these terms lol.. hope to gain more knowledge and experience from everyone here....

raannathr333
03-12-2011, 3:53 PM
Hello To All...

I'm new the site and wanted to formally introduce myself. I found this site while google searching CCW Requirements for Orange County, CA...

My father has been an avid firearms collector and raised our family on the belief and acknowledgement of the US Constitutions Second Amendment.

I have been a Life-Time National Rifle Association member for quite sometime... Due to recent debates about gun control in the US and more particularly the State of California, I thought appropriate to become a more active citizen in support of the Second Amendment and the right to carry under CCW for law abiding citizens.

Thank you for all of the amazing information all of the contributors of this site have provided to the shooting community.

Adrn
03-13-2011, 3:36 PM
Hi ,

New member. Getting ready to start hunting here in California. Great to find a forum specific to the state I live in.

1puttkehr
03-14-2011, 4:31 PM
Hey all, new to the site. Lots of good stuff here. Been around guns and shooting for almost 40 years, damn that's a lot longer than I remember, but just now getting into the tacticle side of it.

Look forward to chating in the furture.

mrduke
03-15-2011, 4:02 PM
hi everyone, i was raised in california and lived there for the first 42 years of my life, i moved away four years ago to oregon, but i find myself posibbly moving back in a year or so, but ive aquard some goodys while living in oregon, and i need to know what i can,t bring back in to state, right now i have an olympic arms k16, cenury arms amd 65, and a cetme sporter, before i leave i would like to buy a taurus judge, t/c contender, kel tec pmc30, kel tec sub2000, hi point 995, saiga 12, naa, mini master, and a dragonov, i realize that i probbaly won,t beable to aford all of them ,but that is my wish list, can anyone tell me which ones i can modify to make them legal to own in california, and which can,t be modifyed enough to qualify,

proudfather87
03-15-2011, 9:15 PM
Hi all, new to the site and guns you guys have answered alot of my questions about gun laws so i would just like to say thanks! I did have one question??? How do you put a profile picture on here? And how do start a post? Sorry.

Howler04
03-16-2011, 5:34 PM
Hi everyone! I am a new owner of an L1A1. What an awesome weapon. I took it to the local gun shop to get it checked over "just to be sure" and I found out that it was one of those Century Arms THUMBHOLE jobs built on the Imble receiver. This one does not have the original thumbhole stock and came with British plastic and wood furniture. The gunsmith told me that my weapon was not 922s compliant and he couldn't work on it. He told me that the only way he could work on it was if I bought at least 7 USA made parts. I bought 5 but I can't find any USA made black plastic furniture (forearm, pistol grip or butstock), which would make 8. Any suggestions.

nekokoneko
03-17-2011, 9:18 AM
Hi guys, a long time reader, probably been reading about 4 years. Finally decided to register. Just moved back from Massachusetts. Thinking of purchasing a rifle at the up coming gun show in Costa Mesa.

JazboJinx
03-17-2011, 6:50 PM
Hi everyone. Just getting into online gun forums. Have been reading for a while now and decided to register. Live in the central valley area and looking for places to shoot. Public or private. Will help with maintaining/ updating shooting area, avid shooter and hunter. Have a group of about 6 people that we shoot with regularly. We are very concenious about our cleanup after we are done shooting. Thanks

Anasazi
03-18-2011, 5:24 AM
Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a while now and thought I should actually start posting. I live in the Sacramento area and am getting back into shooting. I own a couple of XD's and plan on trying out hunting in the future once I purchase some more equipment.

Fooness
03-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi, just registered a couple days ago. I've been lurking for awhile and been researching intensely (the past 72 hours intense) and just about decided to post. Hi.

BobbyZ
03-20-2011, 3:07 PM
Hey there. New to Calguns but not forums. Glad to be here and soak up some knowledge. I know a bit about Archery. I don't know too much about guns except for shooting them at ducks and the range.

rr23bar
03-21-2011, 3:47 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and am in Humboldt county. Happyto say I just received my CCW from the sheriff's department today. Took exactly 7 weeks from turning in my application. I am very happy with the process up here.
Rich

Which Way Out
03-21-2011, 3:49 PM
Your a lucky guy Rich.
Welcome to the group
Red Camaro ? you'll figure it out

feartheobamagunban
03-22-2011, 4:00 AM
second time logging in. Hello Calguns

Saiga1287
03-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Hello everyone im new to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I live and die by my Saiga 12!

TNA1
03-22-2011, 5:02 PM
Hi everyone. Checking in from the LA area. Looking forward to seeing what the locals are up to!

Grits
03-22-2011, 5:41 PM
Hey Everyone...I'm new here, yes I'm a gal and yes I have a question. My son is living out of state and insists on buying me my first handgun. That's not the problem; he wants to give it to me while I'm visiting him in WA in a couple of months, so he can help me practice with it. What are the CA laws regarding bringing back a Cali approved handgun via RV not flight. And...where do I go to register the gun when I get back? I am familiar with guns (grew up with a father and eight brothers in the south) and have shot handguns on occasion over the years, so I'm not a complete dummy about them. Can anyone help??

Thanks, Grits

Liivid killer
03-22-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm a new guy here... I've been reading some posts for a while and decided to post. Please don't let the screen name put you off, its the one that I used on other gaming consoles. I'm a really easy going guy that enjoys shooting.

kng45
03-22-2011, 11:34 PM
New member here. Looking to learn more about firearms. I'm sure i'll find great advice and info here.

armyboy
03-23-2011, 5:01 PM
new to calguns.net and all fourms. i see alot of useful info that like like... figured i might as well join lol.

Big Jake
03-23-2011, 6:28 PM
Welcome to the jungle! :D

radiomanyt
03-23-2011, 8:03 PM
Hello to all. I've been lurking for sometime & really like the site.

ccsun0201
03-24-2011, 5:26 PM
Hi everyone! New to the site. Looking forward to learning from everyone here.

ApexMolester
03-26-2011, 10:11 PM
hello

GMANtt
03-27-2011, 7:59 AM
Hello everyone! I'm a little confused on how this site works. I thought selling any pistols/ firearms to individuals without an authorized firearm dealer transaction is illegal. Can someone please help me on that?

Big Jake
03-27-2011, 8:24 AM
Hello everyone! I'm a little confused on how this site works. I thought selling any pistols/ firearms to individuals without an authorized firearm dealer transaction is illegal. Can someone please help me on that?

You are correct! Must be done through an ffl. The sale section of Calguns allows members to advertise guns for sale, however, the transaction must be brokered through an ffl!

Welcome to the forum!:)

bsg
03-27-2011, 9:01 AM
Just wanted to say hello to all. New to the board and just got into shooting a little while ago. Still have a lot to learn and hope I can do a lot of it here. But I must say it is great how all gun enthusiasts here in Cali seem to help one another out. I guess we have to in such a state as ours.

At any rate, I am a high school math teacher. I own a Springfield 1911 and a GP100. I enjoy keeping tropical fish and fishing in general. I look forward to meeting you all. . .

i have a goldfish named "Orangie."

welcome to the forum.

gh0stface
03-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Another newbie! I've been shooting on and off for about 22 years. I familiar with firearms(hunted as an youth/Marines); I know enough to be dangerous. I can hit the target, but I want to become more proficient in my skills. I gotten a lot of information already off the board but still have some questions and need pointers.
GF

LilAuzie
03-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie for the most part and haven't shot a gun in years - owned a 10/22 when i was kid. I've been a lurker for couple of weeks now and decided to join because of the friendliness and amount of knowledge here. Hopefully, I can get help with some questions that I have for future buys. I don't own any guns now but am looking to start with either a 10/22, 22 handgun, saiga (223,7.62,5.54), or Rem 700 (223,308). Any suggestions/reasoning would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for making a great site.

Essential Home Protection
03-28-2011, 8:02 PM
Hello,We are lifelong shooters & ca. residents. Nice to find a place where embracing your constitutional rights doesn't make you feel like a criminal. Very interested in the current legal aspects of ownership & mods for all firearms. We also own a so cal company that carries goods that this forum will likely find valuable. We will offer a 15% discount on all products to calguns.net folks from here on out. Thank you.

CKRockett
03-28-2011, 8:28 PM
Just an intro:

Viet Vet, just returning to the gun 'hobby' after oh-so-(woefully)-many-years.

U.S. Army, 1st of the 5th, 1st Air Cavalry, Tay Ninh/Quan Loi, Vietnam, Cambodia, 3/1969-1/1971

Guns then:
M-14 (trained on),
M-16 (issued, junk imhofwinw, then & now),
:13: AK47 w/folding 'spike' bayonet (weapon of choice),
SKS (favorite ‘target’ rifle),
M1 Carbine (nice rifle),
M3 ‘Grease Gun’ (but never got it working right).

Guns now:
M1 Garand, CMP 'Special' grade.
Mossberg 20-ga. Pump, long & short bbls.
Savage .22LR, for affordable target & plinking fun.
pistol pending, Type/Brand/Model not yet determined; CCW desiring (yeah... I know... notice no breath-holding).

So, enough of me (enjoy your only respite, I'm not usually so brief.)

And remember...

IT AIN'T WORTH DOIN' IF YA CAN'T MAKE IT FUN!! :biggrinjester:

<now we'll see what this sig thing does>
Later,
Carl 'CKRockett' Hockett
Santa Rosa, CA

bigdawg61
03-29-2011, 4:35 AM
Hi everyone! Newbie here from socal. Been shooting for the last 10 years. I've taught my sons to shoot and will be teaching my grandchildren. I'm glad that this forum is here for us Californians. Look forward to reading articles and anything else that's here.

kylethum
03-29-2011, 1:57 PM
Hello all, I am a northern cali resident new to the site just looking for certain info and that is when I found calguns. After the search I just decided to join, I am an avid shooter for 10+- years. Currently I have a .30 carbine and am in the market for another rifle, and with interesting rules here in california I thought it would be a great idea to do some reading before I did some buying. Thank everyone for letting me join this community and learn more about the firearms and attachments that are avaliable

enkidu
03-31-2011, 11:24 PM
Hey guys! Gun owner+shooter for a good decade or so, but have recently gotten interested again. Looked around for advice on finding a good FFL and stumbled on this nice forum. Currently own a 9mm and .45 CZ and have a Browning Buckmark. Am looking to add a semi-serious target pistol (Benelli MP95?), a shotgun (Benelli Nova or Mossberg probably), and a .22 rifle for the SO.

Spot379th
04-02-2011, 1:16 AM
Newbie checking in. Actually, this is my 2nd post (my bad), the 1st one was to "tell" the location of where Yugo M57 shooters could acquire replacement magazines for their 9-round Tokarev pistols.

I'm a displaced Pennsylvanian in Texas; no, I didn't get there as quick as I could, either.

My name comes from the AFSC that I held while in the AF during the 70s; 81150A - Security K-9 and the number's from my squadron/base.

Will be doing a lot of reading and a little posting.

nasrok
04-02-2011, 9:17 AM
Hi everyone. I'm looking for a good deal on a Colt or USFA SAA in the west San Fernando Valley area. Any ideas?

MJN
04-02-2011, 4:00 PM
Hello Everyone...

Festus
04-04-2011, 8:15 AM
New guy here, too. Stumbled onto this site a couple of weeks ago, looks to be a great resource. Cool! Also have my first gun arriving in a few days. I'm rather excited!

Wonka17
04-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Hello All , Great site!

elness
04-05-2011, 9:38 AM
Hello all,

I'm a new member who's been lurking around the forums for a bit.

Currently own: Remington 870 12-ga. shotgun
Next purchase: Smith & Wesson M&P 40-cal.

hblifgrd
04-06-2011, 8:56 PM
Cheers all! Long time lurker first time poster. Getting ready to start my first .308 AR build, getting some great info from everyone on here. THanks!

Bruce L
04-09-2011, 6:58 PM
Hi All,

Another newbie here. I live on the north coast of Calif - Mendocino Co. I've got a friend who is "big time" into this site, so I thought I'd give it a look. Wow, this is like Christmas!!! Looks like I've found a wonderful resource.

I've lived here on the North Coast for nearly 40 years now. Originally, I grew up in Riverside. I can remember hunting rabbits and game birds with my brothers in the hills around Riverside. I can't even figure out anymore where that once was exactly - there are sooo many people and houses and traffic now!

I found out several years ago, that I really like pistols. Never had one as a kid, but since I've been here, I've got a Glock 17 in 9mm, and Glock 30 in .45, a S&W M&P .40, and I'm waiting my 10 days for my newest purchase, a CZ 2075 RAMI in .40 cal...

Glad to be here!!

Bruce L
NRA Life Member
CRPA Member

OutkastJay
04-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi all,
New member to calguns. Just started getting in to guns and can wait for the ten days to be over so i can pick up my glock.

doomkitty
04-10-2011, 3:20 PM
Hello

I am new here and I've learned so much already from reading this forum, thanks to all for the good info.

I shoot quite a bit but mostly in NV cause I go there a lot, and never really wanted to deal with all the complicated CA laws... until I met a bunch of people from Cali, with AR 15's that I thought were illegal here, then they told me about bullet buttons!

I thought it was impossible to have an AR 15 here, or really complicated, until I discovered the charts here, and learned about bullet buttons and OLLs. yay!

Now I want to start from scratch and make my own AR 15 legal for Ca, and I think the information on this forum is probably going to help a lot.

cheers

Kat

biloutkast
04-10-2011, 3:36 PM
Welcome to the addiction.:43:

Hi all,
New member to calguns. Just started getting in to guns and can wait for the ten days to be over so i can pick up my glock.

abechira
04-10-2011, 9:48 PM
Hey All!!!

Just getting into the law aspect of owning firearms, basically how to own a gun and stay out of jail.:D:D:D Looking into being an informed law abiding citizen!!! Please be kind and gentle of my ignorance, I'm here to learn!

rambling_one
04-11-2011, 6:18 AM
I hold six out-of-state handgun permits, but don't "qualify" for one in Maryland.

Several Calgun members have spent enormous time and energy in keeping MD residents up-to-date as to what's happening around the Nation. I joined to make sure I don't miss their fine analyses of the issues.

MSI Executive Member
Berwyn Rod & Gun Club - Life Member
Chief Instructor, Hunter Safety & Firearm Education Program
NRA - Life Member (Benefactor)
SAF - Life Member

sierra_mike
04-11-2011, 1:16 PM
Greetings everyone! New guy here from OC. Im currently building an AR and was told about this site at rifle gear so I checked it out and decided to join. Lots of great information here.

BayAreaShooter
04-11-2011, 2:00 PM
Welcome to all the newbie's.

Charlie34alpha
04-12-2011, 6:37 AM
I'm a new member from out of California. I grew up Santa Clarita and moved to VA for the military/jobs. I am interested in learning about firearm laws in CA due to hiking and camping trips I have planned for later this year.

numsii
04-13-2011, 8:26 AM
Great website, noticed I can only type 10 words in California before needing to login again.

bjl333
04-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Great website, noticed I can only type 10 words in California before needing to login again.

Not unless your keyboard have a tubular magazine on it!!!

Welcome to Calguns everyone!!!

Trickpony
04-13-2011, 6:02 PM
Well I thought I already introduced myself but I can't find that post anywhere so I'm gonna do it again :)

I'm new to the forum. Been looking around on it for a couple Months and enjoy what I see and will be getting out West to shoot more in July when we relocate to CA. I shoot mostly USPSA and a few Multigun matches when I can.

Look forward to meeting soe of you at BARC this year.

SIGnature Required
04-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello

bjl333
04-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Well I thought I already introduced myself but I can't find that post anywhere so I'm gonna do it again :)

I'm new to the forum. Been looking around on it for a couple Months and enjoy what I see and will be getting out West to shoot more in July when we relocate to CA. I shoot mostly USPSA and a few Multigun matches when I can.

Look forward to meeting soe of you at BARC this year.

Hello

Welcome to Calguns !!!

@Trickpony: just click on to your screen name and you can track down all your posts!

5MARY4
04-17-2011, 9:30 AM
Hello fellow shooters. I have been a long time firearms enthusiast. My 14 year old son has now picked up the sport. We are having a great time enjoying this sport together.

PS, user name is my call sign, not my name....

Dogmeat
04-17-2011, 9:39 AM
I thought I would properly start here and create my first post in this thread.

I have lurked on this forum since November. Reading technical and political postings. I decided the next (a long time coming) would be to get involved. A good first step by signing on, but looking forward to contribute money and ideas ( I think the money will help more).

I realize that in my time reading on here calguns really represents the diversity of people that live here in California, with the common theme of gun ownership and enthusiasm ( not to forget or dismiss out of state allies on this board, thanks).

bjl333
04-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Hello fellow shooters. I have been a long time firearms enthusiast. My 14 year old son has now picked up the sport. We are having a great time enjoying this sport together.

PS, user name is my call sign, not my name....

I thought I would properly start here and create my first post in this thread.

I have lurked on this forum since November. Reading technical and political postings. I decided the next (a long time coming) would be to get involved. A good first step by signing on, but looking forward to contribute money and ideas ( I think the money will help more).

I realize that in my time reading on here calguns really represents the diversity of people that live here in California, with the common theme of gun ownership and enthusiasm ( not to forget or dismiss out of state allies on this board, thanks).

Welcome to Calgunss Guys!!

LASD03
04-17-2011, 7:10 PM
I am new to CALGUNS. Hello everyone.:)

MsEmmaPeel
04-17-2011, 7:20 PM
Welcome aboard!

dcopper
04-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone from the state of Georgia. My name is Larry, I'm a Police Officer, and have a wonderful time collecting new firearms and feriends. Currently have about 55 weapons. New to this forum, but will be around for a while. Lots of good info, and some of the nicest people i'v met on Gun Forums.

bjl333
04-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone from the state of Georgia. My name is Larry, I'm a Police Officer, and have a wonderful time collecting new firearms and feriends. Currently have about 55 weapons. New to this forum, but will be around for a while. Lots of good info, and some of the nicest people i'v met on Gun Forums.

Welcome to Calguns Larry!!!

Maddog209
04-18-2011, 3:19 PM
New to the forum...just posting a quick hello. I am from the Central Valley here in Ca.

khorat77
04-18-2011, 6:07 PM
hey everyone im 19 and have been shooting for a few years i just bought my first gun today (an AR-15 DTI) get to pick it up in ten days cant wait.

Big Jake
04-18-2011, 6:41 PM
Welcome aboard!

bsg
04-18-2011, 6:50 PM
welcome to the forum.

mexAMERICAN
04-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Hello. I wanted to intrudce my self and thank you all for such a great forum. I am a resident of SanBernardino county and am interested in becoming a a gun owner. I have researched the pros and fail to see any cons in gun ownership. I came across this forum a couple of weeks ago and am very impressed by the wealth of information available here. I hope not to annoy you all too much with my nuubie questions lol :)

flyingjalapeno
04-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Hey yall, I have been on for a couple days now, and I wanted to take the time for a formal hello. I have nothing but great appreciation for calguns.net and all the members here. I came in a noob not knowing a thing, and now I am more informed and educated. Now I don't feel so bad walking into a gunshop feeling overwhelmed or clueless. I shall be ordering my first firearm(Glock 17) in the next couple days and I can't wait to tell you all about it. I hoping to move up in caliber in due time and eventually build or buy an AR.

I saw a posting a member put up saying, "Be careful, this can be an expensive hobby." Man he is right cuz I have my eyes set on another handgun already!!! LOL

Thanks again guys

glockwise2000
04-21-2011, 4:57 AM
Welcome aboard!

Baga
04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say hello to everyone (creators, administrators, and members) associated with Calguns.net. And since I am a new member I thought I would go here for my first post/reply. Thank you everyone for the useful information on this forum. I would definitely recommend this forum to others.
Thank you again...
:notworthy:

Cad500justin
04-22-2011, 7:40 AM
Hello, long time lurker first time poster. I'm into cowboy action shooting in the east bay and my girlfriend wants me to get into deer hunting.
The guys at J and R sports in livermore recommended this place.

The War Wagon
04-24-2011, 9:15 AM
Run into a LOT of good Calgun.net members in the past on other forums, and seeing how big this site is, thought I would join - if for no OTHER reason, than to buy folks' used gear - y'all GOT so much! :eek:

I'm a 9th generation Tarheel by birth, denizen of Pittsburgh for the past 8+ years, and dabble a bit in firearms. :rolleyes: I'm on, what is probably the SECOND biggest state-dedicated firearms webboard - after Calguns - and that's PAFOA.org (Pennsylvania's site). I know CA firearm laws are... complicated... so I'll probably keep my yap shut for a while, as I surf about and see what all ya' got here. I've only joined about 2 dozen of these types of web boards (with the EXCEPTION of Arfcom :no:), so if you've seen another War Wagon around, it was PROBABLY me. :cool:

So don't mind me - east coaster plowing through. Besides, you know the BIG ONE will hit someday, and everything east of the Rockies will slide into the Atlantic, so I shouldn't be here long enough to get on your nerves anyways. ;)

turnerjwr
04-24-2011, 3:03 PM
Hey y'all,
New to the forum. I'm a Chico, CA native but joined the navy out of high school and spent 8 years in the submarine force. I'm getting out of the military in July, and am planning to move back to Chico. I'd like to poll the members here to find out what firearms I should purchase while I'm still out of the state, what with the "safe gun list" in Cali and everything. So, what guns would you buy, that California doesn't allow dealers to sell? For example, the Ruger LC9 is a great CC weapon, but not legal for purchase in Cali (at least for now). I'm sure I'll be picking one up before making the move. Anything else I should be purchasing?

bsg
04-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Hey y'all,
New to the forum. I'm a Chico, CA native but joined the navy out of high school and spent 8 years in the submarine force. I'm getting out of the military in July, and am planning to move back to Chico. I'd like to poll the members here to find out what firearms I should purchase while I'm still out of the state, what with the "safe gun list" in Cali and everything. So, what guns would you buy, that California doesn't allow dealers to sell? For example, the Ruger LC9 is a great CC weapon, but not legal for purchase in Cali (at least for now). I'm sure I'll be picking one up before making the move. Anything else I should be purchasing?

i was going to advise you to post a thread in "California handguns" section of forum. i see you already did. ;)

welcome to the forum.

turnerjwr
04-25-2011, 7:18 AM
Yeah, I decided to pose my question in a more appropriate forum, thanks.

always420247
04-26-2011, 9:41 AM
Hello new to calguns! Joined looking for enlightenment, and ak build partys in so.cal!

SB23hater
04-26-2011, 4:43 PM
Hello Fellow Cali members.... I hate SB23. I've bought guns and Rifles since 1994 but stopped in 1999. Due to me working 2 jobs and becoming a father I was not aware of this bill until this year ( I know, I know, I should be keeping update with the law) and because of this site my knowledge in the law is semi up to date (still reading). I like to thank you all who created and posted on this site for helping people like me understand the laws.

JoJo13
04-28-2011, 11:04 AM
New to this site and have been learning a lot of stuff from the various threads.

Ace.40
04-28-2011, 5:24 PM
New to this site. I have always been into shooting but haven't pulled the trigger since I got out of the Marine Corps a year ago. I went to my local shooting range a few months ago but it just got boring after ~50 rounds. I own a Glock23C and looking to expand my collection and just start shooting again. Glad I found this site.

thrasher412
05-01-2011, 8:16 AM
Hi everyone. I am a member of a couple other 'carry' sites, however this site is one I am hoping has more information which applies directly to me since Iam a CA resident. I have lots of reading to do, but looking forward to it. So thanks in advance for all the contributions from all you knowledgeable members. Current carry weapon is a Sig P229.

DukeNukem
05-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Hey guys im new here, i'm mostly into WWII firearms, but pretty much just all around love guns! I dig the site!

carnelianbay
05-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Been a lurker for years and wanted to contribute to the cause. Thanks to everyone for all of the hard work that goes into maintaining and contributing to the site. The information here is invaluable.

Landarc
05-02-2011, 7:01 PM
Howdy do, I am also unlurking and want to say, this looks to be a pretty nice place to hang around. I am returning to shooting sports after almost 30 years away from the range.

sosicmcise
05-04-2011, 7:39 AM
New member here, I'm a California native that now lives in Northern Virginia. Great forum you've got here!

Beaz
05-04-2011, 5:43 PM
Hey All.

22 year old first time gun owner here. Im a long time shooter, and Cali native who just purchased his first gun (Chinese SKS) to go along with my first house.

I found the forum while looking up laws pertaining to the modification of my SKS, and this looks like a place im going to spend a lot of time browsing and asking questions.

Kevin8609
05-04-2011, 7:03 PM
Hey everyone. New guy here Az native but live in Carlsbad now and i already want to go back. Lol. I love the land but not the laws.

madballjs
05-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Hello everyone, i stumbled across this forum while looking for information on the handguns that I'm interested in buying. i just purchased a Bersa Thunder .380 for personal defense. it was the first handgun that i have ever bought. the main reason for it is for home protection and it had to be something my wife felt comfortable firing. so with some research and some advice from a very reputable gun shop where i live we went with the Bersa. enough on that I'm a Firefighter with Cal Fire in Northern California and I'm looking at a few other handguns that i can carry when i get my CCW. I'm also going to start a build on an AR soon and think that all of you on here are a great help to achieve that project. thanks for everyone's posts you all have answered so many questions that I've had and all that i keep coming up with. again thank you everyone.

bsg
05-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Hello everyone, i stumbled across this forum while looking for information on the handguns that I'm interested in buying. i just purchased a Bersa Thunder .380 for personal defense. it was the first handgun that i have ever bought. the main reason for it is for home protection and it had to be something my wife felt comfortable firing. so with some research and some advice from a very reputable gun shop where i live we went with the Bersa. enough on that I'm a Firefighter with Cal Fire in Northern California and I'm looking at a few other handguns that i can carry when i get my CCW. I'm also going to start a build on an AR soon and think that all of you on here are a great help to achieve that project. thanks for everyone's posts you all have answered so many questions that I've had and all that i keep coming up with. again thank you everyone.

congratulations on your Bersa; a .380 with a good reputation.

welcome to the forum.

Silk
05-06-2011, 7:11 AM
Hello everyone, I am new here. Belong to several other sites but never heard of this one. Yeah I know. Anyway heard about this from a friend last weekend on a ride to San Diego. I have been shooting and reloading many years and look forward to reading as much here as I can. I will figure out how to change my profile sometime in the near future.

.260 AR-10
05-08-2011, 8:08 AM
Newbie checking in. As the user name suggests, I just finished my first AR build. Noveske lower with all Armalite NM parts and .260 complete upper. I have done a fair amount of high power rifle and shotgun sport shooting mostly at Sportsman Park in Grants Pass Or.(excellent facility if you get the chance to visit) and a lot of Hunting when I lived in Idaho. Three Gun has recently spawned a renewed interest in shooting sports for me hence the AR. It is also a great excuse for buying more guns. Thanks to all who support this sight. Astounding amount of information here.

11HE9
05-08-2011, 9:40 PM
Another forum newb checking in!!

I've been shooting most of my life. I have been itching to build a EBR for about a year (owned/sold a couple before "the ban") , many friends have directed me to this board. I've been lurking for a while, figured it was time to sign up :)

goosef350
05-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Hey guy, just checking in. I've been lurking through the forums, educating myself as much as possible. I live in San Jose, attend SJSU, and have begun building my first AR-15 thanks to the information everyone has provided here. A big thank you!

kung fu panda
05-14-2011, 8:03 PM
Just posting an introductory post. I have been shooting for a little while and I enjoy attending classes to improve my shooting skills.

I am currently in the process of building up an AR15, and purchasing any reasonably priced gun...as long as the wife allows.:D

echobeach
05-15-2011, 3:46 AM
Never quite sure how much I should say but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

46 year old guy from Manchester in the UK. Big fan of shooting and loves handguns but gets little chance to shoot. Been to Frontsight and attended their 2 day handgun course.

Being British then most of my mates are appalled !

I also happen to be gay ! Whether straight acting or not ask others no idea but i prefer hiking in the mountains, camping, rock music, backpacking, country pubs. also perversely loves guns. I guess my definition of Libertarian would be freedom to live your life as you see fit as long as no harm to others.

Gun ownership, freedom to marry the person you love, no state interference in private matters.

Isolated here in the UK when it comes to my interest in firearms training.

Visits US whenever i can. Favourite places include the Sierras, Yosemite, Death Valley, The Canyonlands of Utah (weird place Utah !)

Tried Pink Pistol boards, nobody says anything ! Or the moderators never post requests for buddies/penpals.

So on future visits, training buddies, desert shoots, a beer, some hiking.

Sticks his neck right out !

Phil

Wild Flower
05-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi guys (and gals)! Wild Flower here! I'm brand new to the forum (obviously), but I hope to participate a bit and ask some questions when I need info on Cal gun laws and reg's and stuff.

I'm married, 29 years old, and while I'm not "new" to California, I haven't ever felt comfortable with my knowledge of the laws and regulations and ever-changing rules here in Cali regarding guns.

I'm in Southern California (Rancho Cucamonga area). I love guns. I prefer long guns to handguns, but understand the purpose of both, and I own both.

I sincerely appreciate this forum's existence, btw. Thanks to all of you who work to make this a decent place to be.

Asset
05-15-2011, 1:14 PM
Hi everybody, good to be here. I don't have a lot of experience with firearms, but I am extremely interested in defense and plan on pursuing a career in the industry once I graduate from college. I love guns and hope to learn lots of new things here!

SuaSponte
05-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Hello, I am native to CA. Bought my first firearm when I turned 21. I am looking to purchase a Saiga-12

DeltaDon
05-17-2011, 3:39 PM
Hello Folks, former lurker, Army Medic (91-94), NG (94-99) here. I've enjoyed and learned a lot of info while reading these forums. Keep up the great work!

steel1911
05-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi people, just found this site. great place.
:clap::clap::clap:

fseffect
05-21-2011, 5:41 PM
Just joined today. Comin' from Corona, CA. Love guns and shooting them. Now I wanna talk about 'em!:D

Big Jake
05-21-2011, 5:43 PM
Welcome!

Omil
05-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Just joined today. Comin' from Corona, CA. Love guns and shooting them. Now I wanna talk about 'em!:D

Weo-kum, so let's talk!:D

bsg
05-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone. I am a member of a couple other 'carry' sites, however this site is one I am hoping has more information which applies directly to me since Iam a CA resident. I have lots of reading to do, but looking forward to it. So thanks in advance for all the contributions from all you knowledgeable members. Current carry weapon is a Sig P229.

welcome to the forum.

enjoy your Sig.

Slipshot
05-22-2011, 5:37 PM
Hi there. I'm a newbie to these forums and the total concept of guns in general. I'm hailing from SJ. I was hoping to find out a great deal about firearms and certain ones I want to legally purchase. GOt recommneded here by a dealer in milpitas. I just barely got into learning about guns and am open minded and willing to accept advice and tips. What I did learn really quick was how CA's gun control laws are mind boggling annoying and almost borderline insane. But I guess it is what it is. Anyways glad to be on here and hopefully I can partake of all the useful knowledge I heard comes from this place.

Quickbeam
05-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Hello everyone, I have been lurking around this board and thehighroad.org for a while and thought I might introduce myself.

I recently went to a local shooting range for my bachelor party and had a BLAST with my groomsmen. Since that day, I got the bug. I am proud to write that I only have 3 more days till I can go pick up my first gun. I purchased a Beretta 92fs and am thrilled to finally join the prestigious community of 2nd ammendment upholding citizens (in California, no less).

I must say that I have been trolling around internet forums for many years and have never found a more mature, civilized, and well spoken user base at any other public board (in general, of course).

I am shooting out of Lakewood, down here in southern California. It is great to be here and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Lonewolf32667
05-24-2011, 6:45 PM
Hello everyone, I joined today after hearing of this forum. I was very happy to see all that I have seen here so far. I am a business owner and family man, and look very forward to making new friends here and learning new things. Information is power as they say, and there seems to be lots of good information here. I would like to express a sincere thank you to those who put this together and have kept it up and running.:)

tunafish
05-26-2011, 5:13 PM
hey all, new member but been looking at the site for a while

santandr
05-28-2011, 6:17 AM
Hello fellow 'Calgunners' , new member here decided to join since i'm trying to build a 'no-budget' AR based rifle. Thank you for making this forum highly informative and entertaining to some degree.

-J:)

Cdannemi
05-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Long time lurker. Figured it was time I legitimize myself at least somewhat.

CD

bjl333
05-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Welcome to Calguns !!!

InTheTrees
05-30-2011, 7:19 AM
Been reading these forums for a while now and finally got around to joining them. Glad there's a nice place to get plenty of information.

bsg
05-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Hello everyone, I have been lurking around this board and thehighroad.org for a while and thought I might introduce myself.

I recently went to a local shooting range for my bachelor party and had a BLAST with my groomsmen. Since that day, I got the bug. I am proud to write that I only have 3 more days till I can go pick up my first gun. I purchased a Beretta 92fs and am thrilled to finally join the prestigious community of 2nd ammendment upholding citizens (in California, no less).

I must say that I have been trolling around internet forums for many years and have never found a more mature, civilized, and well spoken user base at any other public board (in general, of course).

I am shooting out of Lakewood, down here in southern California. It is great to be here and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

welcome to the forum.

AM_Tac
05-31-2011, 4:12 PM
Hi everyone,

New to the site, Just wanted to introduce myself to my fellow Calgunners. I'm from Southern California (Chino/Ontario area). I've loved guns ever since I can remember and been shooting just as long. Brother in law is all about this site so I decided to join and be part of the community. Looking forward to shooting with and getting to know everyone.

biloutkast
05-31-2011, 6:37 PM
Welcome~!

Isaiah4Autumn
05-31-2011, 8:05 PM
Hi everyone,

New to the site, Just wanted to introduce myself to my fellow Calgunners. I'm from Southern California (Chino/Ontario area). I've loved guns ever since I can remember and been shooting just as long. Brother in law is all about this site so I decided to join and be part of the community. Looking forward to shooting with and getting to know everyone.

Welcome!

Tinknocker
06-02-2011, 3:55 PM
Hello everbody, saw a thread on sks boards and decided to checkout Calguns and join I'm new to the computer but a long time gun owner and NRA member.

Roy