Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

jdberger
08-06-2010, 7:12 PM
Frickin' Canadians. They're so nice.

J/k

Welcome to calguns.

mob133
08-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Hello,everyone I'm new Calguns' member from Bkk.Thailand.

Did anyone know my place?

fiveoneoh
08-07-2010, 1:34 PM
Hello, just checking in with my first post. Been using calguns to build my first ar, and its been very helpful. I figured it was about time to post something.

GreenLightJerky
08-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Hello CalGuns!

Im new here and I've decided that I want to learn how to shoot a gun. I dont know where to start.
I have small hands so Ive been looking at subcompact 9mm pistols. Ive been eyeing the Beretta Px4 Storm subcompact and read some good reviews. Im in the Tracy area so if anyone has recommendations on where to go for good advice and some training please let me know.

By the way I also make the best beef jerky anywhere www.greenlightjerky.com

I look forward to your comments.

EDIT: I just looked at the safe list and noticed that the gun I was looking it isnt on it. So Ill take any recommendations on what guns to start shooting. What is the most reliable accurate hand gun for small hands?

Leander
08-10-2010, 2:33 AM
hi, i'm a newbie and pleased to join the forum.

surgical
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey y'all I'm 23 and I just started shooting. I love 1911s and sigp226s but I want to build a ca ar. I hope to learn much from this site and all of you. Thanks!

madd556
08-12-2010, 3:14 PM
Just want to say I enjoy the forum and appreciate all the info the members provide. Thanks

The Machine
08-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Hello, been freeloading on the forums for a bit, and decided to join. Simple enough.

The Machine
08-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Hello CalGuns!

Im new here and I've decided that I want to learn how to shoot a gun. I dont know where to start.
I have small hands so Ive been looking at subcompact 9mm pistols. Ive been eyeing the Beretta Px4 Storm subcompact and read some good reviews. Im in the Tracy area so if anyone has recommendations on where to go for good advice and some training please let me know.

By the way I also make the best beef jerky anywhere www.greenlightjerky.com

I look forward to your comments.

EDIT: I just looked at the safe list and noticed that the gun I was looking it isnt on it. So Ill take any recommendations on what guns to start shooting. What is the most reliable accurate hand gun for small hands?
Choosing a gun comes down to what you want it for and what you can shoot well. Keep in mind that a sub compact will be harder to shoot then its full sized counterpart, everything else being equal. I personally like to put my entire hand on the weapon. I would suggest trying to find a place to rent a gun and compare options that way.

swat
08-16-2010, 10:04 PM
what does Bump mean?

GreenLightJerky
08-17-2010, 1:45 PM
Choosing a gun comes down to what you want it for and what you can shoot well. Keep in mind that a sub compact will be harder to shoot then its full sized counterpart, everything else being equal. I personally like to put my entire hand on the weapon. I would suggest trying to find a place to rent a gun and compare options that way.

Thanks Machine.
My buddy is taking me shooting in 2 weeks. he has several guns and will try them all. Ill have a better idea of what i like after that!

PrivateSo19D
08-18-2010, 5:47 AM
Hey Im new here. I am currently in the army deployed to iraq. Hoping to get my first gun when I get back stateside.

hefedehefe
08-18-2010, 5:25 PM
Hi :) Browsing the web and came accross this great site and love it.

Rawdawg
08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Hello everybody!
Yeah I live in the State where gun laws seem to change every time I change my underwear..
Although I joined this forum about a year ago, Im just now posting. I have gained so much helpful information and really enjoy reading the subject matter here and I decided it was time to start giving back.
I am now an official supporting member of CGN and it feels great! I wouldnt have gotten my CC&R license if I hadnt found this site..as I have collected some older stuff over the years and wanted to be able to go shopping and come home the same day with items as opposed to waving goodbye to the item and having to make another trip to pick it up later..
I am delighted to be a part of this community and welcome other new members as well ! This is a great place to learn from others experiences and benefit from being part of a family! Looking forward to a long relationship !

Tanfoglio 9mm Shot a box in 1986, cleaned and stored ever since and a New SKS I bought about the same time, still unfired..

PatriotnMore
08-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Hello everybody!
Yeah I live in the State where gun laws seem to change every time I change my underwear..
Although I joined this forum about a year ago, Im just now posting. I have gained so much helpful information and really enjoy reading the subject matter here and I decided it was time to start giving back.
I am now an official supporting member of CGN and it feels great! I wouldnt have gotten my CC&R license if I hadnt found this site..as I have collected some older stuff over the years and wanted to be able to go shopping and come home the same day with items as opposed to waving goodbye to the item and having to make another trip to pick it up later..
I am delighted to be a part of this community and welcome other new members as well ! This is a great place to learn from others experiences and benefit from being part of a family! Looking forward to a long relationship !

Tanfoglio 9mm Shot a box in 1986, cleaned and stored ever since and a New SKS I bought about the same time, still unfired..

Welcome, glad to have you here, and participating in the discussions.

The_Mule
08-19-2010, 3:54 PM
I was in the marketplace forum earlier. What is ttt, btt, or "bump". What is that?

PatriotnMore
08-20-2010, 7:29 AM
I was in the marketplace forum earlier. What is ttt, btt, or "bump". What is that?

They all mean the same, it is used to Bump To Top an existing thread to keep it active.

Check out this thread, it will be very helpful. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606

ASM
08-20-2010, 5:58 PM
Rather new ....hope this works

Hello calguns!
LONG time shooter (45yrs) plinking to National Match, a colonial reenactor, blackpowder shooter, reloader, Marksmenship Instructor, collector
(do ya see a pattern?)....I remember a time in California when EVERYONE owned and shot firearms....egads I'm dated..

Anyway, at the suggestion of fellow instructors I'm here..
any help would be well recieved...my (toys) were locked up for 10 years to start a family...they've been back out in the light for the last 2 years.
and questions for myself have croped up...and I ain't no lawyer...

Like a typical swimming pool my firearms don't run out into the street and do bad things...but I see firearms are either "on a list or not" while a swimming pool gets a pass when its been bad...(forgive my dry sarcasic humor).
I own military rifles among others some old (03-a3) MI to the modern...all legal at the time of purchace and I still have the papers! But I see that I may or may not be able to use in my birth state ...so long story comes to this ...is there an EASY way to decifer the code as to what I own verus what I can still shoot?

And for those on the forum you may know who I am...yes ASM is the same call sign I go by....its just an acroyn...I know many of you. Thanks all ,please weight in and point me to the promise land.....flag is planted in Cali, don't make me move to Texas

Later Ken

anttoekneeoh
08-21-2010, 11:12 AM
How's it going everyone?

I'm excited because I'm new to the forum and just became the proud owner of a G17 RTF2.

Much like everyone else, I'm here to learn and read what everyone has to say.

I look forward to chatting it up with you folks on the forums.

YourHuckleberry
08-21-2010, 1:45 PM
New guy from Southern Cal. Learning a lot from reading the posts of people far more knowledgeable that myself. Thank you all.

cop1211
08-21-2010, 6:35 PM
New here, Just wanted to say hello.

I'm a leo from Florida. K9 handler, and SWAT team member. Former USMC.

spunky99
08-22-2010, 7:56 PM
New here,
I live in Los Angeles county...where Walmart doesn't sell ammo....

Vietnam era Vet 1974-1976 MOS 11B..expert medal in every weapon.

Just wanted to to a few Barbie Doll builds and stay outta trouble. Still have some stuff from the late 70's (pre ban) but not sure how that works now.

Son is almost 14 and I want to introduce him to the brotherhood of safe gun handling and expert marksmanship.

1st 21st, 25th Infantry Gimlet..."Duty Sir"

I listen to country, fly airplanes for fun and believe in the US Constitution.
I also believe God listens to me when I take the time to chat with him.

Don't ask about the sig..please!

John

danpass
08-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm just here for the babes.

(<--- lived in Sunnyvale for 6 months, way back)

Watters Edge Design
08-23-2010, 1:00 PM
Got on your site first to find out about how to do transfers the right way from family members. Great info and advice that we couldn't find clear answers or real inof about.

Then started looking around, posting comments, asking questions, put an item for sale (sold right away) and actually got a great paying web site referral job from a posting I commented too of another calgun member.

We have offered up discounted services to cal gun members for graphic design and product design. Our first job when it is complete we will give back a % to CGN fund as a sales commission.

To date have 1 solid paid client, 1 waiting to hear back from and 1 just this am asking info.

Also now just waiting to get firearms that where willed, left for me and gifted to me years ago into my hands.

Thanks,
Scott

www.wattersedgedesign.com

Jules
08-23-2010, 2:58 PM
Hi, I'm new here too. I'm not new to shooting though. I've been shooting something or another since I was twelve. I'm not going to discuss how long ago that was. :)

But I'm a hunter and a rookie trapshooter and a CCW holder, so I thought I might as well participate here. Besides, one of my husband's friends keeps pestering us to join.

mw20
08-23-2010, 3:13 PM
Hey everyone,

Signed up not to long ago. I'm addicted to this site. I've been reading it for a while now and decided to make it official.

Love to shoot anything and everything!!!

BobbyXD9
08-23-2010, 5:25 PM
Liberals?

seranobaby
08-24-2010, 6:32 PM
How do I sale a handgun on calguns?

kheaton79
08-25-2010, 11:46 AM
New guy checking in, Im active duty Army stationed on the Central Coast for a bit. I've been lurking for awhile, love the site.

GridSkillz
08-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Another new guy checking in. I recently purchased some OLLs from a friend who has relocated to greener pastures (Colorado). I've been lurking around for months researching in preparation of building a CA legal AR to go along with my Mini-14.

RedFang
08-26-2010, 3:17 AM
So, how's it all going? I'm new to the thread. I'm in the USAF currently in Japan, got my orders to California which at first I was excited to finally get out of this humid climate and back to the outdoors and do some shooting. Then I started to check out the gun laws.

I figured I should join with the community and have some fun.

Big Jake
08-26-2010, 7:38 AM
Welcome to our deranged little world!

bsg
08-26-2010, 9:56 AM
welcome to the forum.

BayAreaShooter
08-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the forum everyone.

Reaper5150
08-26-2010, 3:30 PM
New to this forum. It was highly recommended by a friend (not sure of his username). Hoping to get some info in here to clear up some of the mess out there.

I also keep getting kicked out of the forum and my computer says it can't find the server. Don't think its a problem with my laptop (brand new MacPro) as I don't experience this on other forums. Hope thats not a sign of things to come.

saigarocks
08-26-2010, 4:44 PM
what does bump mean?

moh2o
08-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Hello from Northern Cal. 707 area code.
I am sorta new to guns. I did plinking when I was a kid. My Dad had a shotgun for a while but we never used it much. I have never 'owned' my own gun until now. I am starting off with a new Beretta 9mm. I tested quite a few at rental/ranges, I tested (50 rds.through each gun) ;
-Glock 19
-Glock 17 (both 9mm)
- Sig P220 45
- Sig P226 9mm
- Colt 1911
- M&P 40
- But it finally came down to a Beretta 92 FS. I was the most accurate with this tool. And it 'looks good'. And it was alot cheaper than a Sig.
It also seemed easy to sight quickly, I really like the Sig, though, way too expensive though. I want to wait and search around for a used P220 though.

I am ambidextrous shooter. My groupings are tighter when I shoot lefty. But 'bout the same right.
I am taking a PC 832 class here in NorCal. I figure I should start out in this handgun world with taking a class. It ought to be good, it is what all LE students have to take at LE academy's.

DSA_FAL
08-27-2010, 1:32 AM
what does bump mean?

It means you're replying to a thread in order to move it to the top of the thread list in the forum. You'll see this a lot in the for sale section.

GNE
08-29-2010, 1:06 PM
Hi, I'm thinking about building an AR, and if so, find someplace to get instruction to not be an idiot with it. A friend who I don't know the user name of recommended this place, and it's been pretty helpful so far.

ThunderBubba
08-31-2010, 1:32 AM
New guy checking in from Beautiful scenic Richmond :chris:

i<3guns
09-01-2010, 12:34 AM
hello everyone! :D

SteelersFan
09-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Heya, checking in from North County San Diego ! Recreational shooter / hunter / former LE / enthusiast / nut etc... :chris: pretty sure I know a few people here but I would have no idea what their names are..

I like shotguns
I prefer handguns
I love rifles

Blackboomstick
09-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Noob here. I'm in Bakersfield but I'm also in LA and the Inland Empire a couple times a month. I've had several handguns in the past, sold them just before the wedding, and now it's time to build the safe back up.

I'm in my 10 day waiting period for my first shotgun.

Pred
09-02-2010, 7:12 PM
Hi im also a noob here. I wanted to know if u can try to sell your guns on here?

mtad
09-02-2010, 9:48 PM
Noob from Kingsburg. Would like to build an AR in the near future. I've already seen tons of posts with tips.
Quote from my wife, "We need to start buying some guns."
I'm on it!

dna_splice
09-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Hey guys.

New owner here.

Looking forward to joining the community. Been part of Forums b4 so Ill be good user haha.

Joe Mama
09-06-2010, 9:46 AM
Hey, yo, is this thing on? Not a big blogger. Been action shooting at Chabot for quite some time now most everyone seems to be active here, figured it was high time to jump in, lets see what happens. Next step is to figure out who is who... Me, I shoot a Saiga 12 and 7.62 both I converted myself and a Kimber 1911 eclipse, I've done conversions on most calibers of Saigas with no complaints to date. I'm working on my three gun skills and enjoying every, minute of it, the people I have met in this process have been very helpful and extreeeemly entertaining Thank you all!!

secondwind
09-06-2010, 1:57 PM
Hello to all, Bay area guy, after a long lay off, starting to get back into shooting, USMC vet 90-98, been chasing my education, career, and family duties since. Great community here, I've been reading up on here the last few months and hope to make some friends.

bsg
09-06-2010, 2:03 PM
Noob from Kingsburg. Would like to build an AR in the near future. I've already seen tons of posts with tips.
Quote from my wife, "We need to start buying some guns."
I'm on it!

keeper.

BoxMaker
09-07-2010, 1:06 PM
Hello to every one. I'm 66 now and have just developed an interest in target and varment shooting. I inherited a Marlin 30-30 rifle and a Colt 38 PS from my dad some 40 years ago and they have just been stored in my closet these many years. I pulled them out a few days, wiped them down and gave them a light coat of oil. Plan to shoot them soon. I plan to pick up a 22 cal pistol soon.

Really happy that I discovered this forum as I am sure I will learn a lot.

7.62 Soviet
09-07-2010, 4:23 PM
Hello to everyone

Saw this board while looking up range info regarding times and fees for the Angeles shooting range where I took my family yesterday for their first time shooting my firearms. So after using this forum for general information across the years I finally decided to make an actual account.

Spencer R.
09-07-2010, 4:31 PM
I recently heard about the prank you guys pulled on that antigun group the other day. I thought that was great and thoguth this is something id like to be a part of. Is there a place to amek donations to you guys?

jdberger
09-07-2010, 4:39 PM
I recently heard about the prank you guys pulled on that antigun group the other day. I thought that was great and thoguth this is something id like to be a part of. Is there a place to amek donations to you guys?

It wasn't really a prank - it was an enviromentally sensitive protest. ;)

Though the protest wasn't a Calguns Foundation sanctioned event, please consider making a donation to them.

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/donate

bigb-wolf
09-07-2010, 6:16 PM
getting ready to pick up my first 1911, glad I found this site to ask/find answers to my questions. also is there a minimum post amount before you can pm?

mxwrench
09-08-2010, 7:28 AM
Hello all, just checking in... New to site... Sayin hi to everyone. :)

moody909
09-08-2010, 9:36 AM
hey whtas up guys

RodFromGod86
09-08-2010, 4:45 PM
Howdy. Just joined up. I was referred here by 8bitnintendo and I am looking to build me an AK-47 and 74.

kanglee00
09-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Hello, checking in from Covina. I am prior service and currently own an HK .45 USP and Springfield Armory M1 Garand. I am planning an AR build.

d_c_mar
09-09-2010, 9:51 PM
Hello All. New Guy in SOCAL. New to CALGUNS, but not shooting. Been shooting for 25ish years, reloading for 20ish. NRA lifer (along with my 5 and 3 1/2 year-olds).
Currently, I stick to reloading 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm-08, 308 Win, 30-06, and 38/357. I've been target shooting and hunting with bolt actions up until recently. Now I'm venturing into a DPMS pattern 308 caliber AR. Just for playing :). Can't believe I've just found CALGUNS. I'm reading a lot of great stuff
Dan__

mathew1204
09-09-2010, 10:01 PM
My name is Mathew and I work with a website development company am a first time user of this forum and hope to see you all on the forum soon.

Mathew
Website Design and Development (http://www.comnez.com/)

Big Jake
09-10-2010, 6:40 AM
Welcome to our dimented little corner of the world! :)

Eastlos
09-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Greetings, just joined up. S.G.V. checking in. :)

New2guns
09-10-2010, 7:31 PM
I really am new to guns. Bought my self a life long desire for birthday in may. M1 Carbine and M1 Garand. It is first week of Sept and I need a new safe already.

I am very pleased with every firearm I have purchased. Would be better if I could have got 25% cheaper like 46 other states enjoy but being born and raised here I don't have many options. I shoot .30 06, .30 Cal carbine, .223 (556), 7.62X39, .22LR, 12 gauge and 9MM.

Thanks for providing a good California forum for reference

Jim

tjg
09-12-2010, 8:54 AM
I'm new to this forum and I have a lot of questions! Can't wait to spend time in here.

Thanks for having me!

Patriot Man
09-13-2010, 10:19 AM
I am new here. Been into firearms since I was a kid, and can't believe I never knew about this site. Absolutely amazing. We have to stand together! I will be regularly contributing to this site financially and to the legal defense aspects as well. Look forward to checking out all the aspects of this forum. Live in Socal and love going to Lytle or Burrow so I would like to know when guys from this site go out there. Met the guys from this site at the Costa Mesa Show and that was what got me turned on to this website.
Thanks Patriot Man

runawayshawn
09-14-2010, 5:01 AM
thanks to everyone that makes this website possible.

jrau13
09-15-2010, 1:45 PM
Welcome to all the new members!

Civilitant
09-15-2010, 6:07 PM
New Guy .. been lurking for months... my girlfriend loves it...

Troth020390
09-15-2010, 8:40 PM
Newbie 20 year ol' reportin in from Candicornia. Love this site

stanby1
09-18-2010, 6:50 PM
Good evening.

i'm looking at buying a PSL Romanian Rifle. what would be the pros of buying this one vice other versions other then cost less

please advise

Krayzie
09-18-2010, 11:12 PM
hey everyone. New to guns and this looks like a great forum for me, so I plan to stick around for a while.

bjl333
09-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Welcome to all the new Calgunners !!!

Anubis Laughed
09-19-2010, 8:24 PM
Hi guys!

Anubis Laughed here, a SoCal IE/OC native, but now living in Sacramento.

I'm a US Army vet (Abrams Tanker), currently working as your typical corporate cubicle rat.

I am a lifelong milsurp / military antique firearms collector and shooter. Also a huge history, art, and travel buff.

Just recently discovered this site, thanks to recommendatons by a couple current members. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

DWHIT
09-20-2010, 1:38 PM
I'm also new to Calguns. I would like to know how to privately make contact with a person selling "private party transfer" guns to get additional info and make offers.

stphnman20
09-20-2010, 1:41 PM
I'm also new to Calguns. I would like to know how to privately make contact with a person selling "private party transfer" guns to get additional info and make offers.
It's pretty simple.. Click thier name, then send them a private message.

bjl333
09-20-2010, 1:42 PM
Hi guys!

Anubis Laughed here, a SoCal IE/OC native, but now living in Sacramento.

I'm a US Army vet (Abrams Tanker), currently working as your typical corporate cubicle rat.

I am a lifelong milsurp / military antique firearms collector and shooter. Also a huge history, art, and travel buff.

Just recently discovered this site, thanks to recommendatons by a couple current members. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome to Calguns !!!

h8ter
09-20-2010, 2:45 PM
Yet another newbie. Been a lurker for years, seen some of you guys at the local gun shows. Been shooting since I was a kid and have looked at the board with much interest. Hopefully I'll be able to add something around here.

silversix
09-20-2010, 9:17 PM
Checking in from the Bay Area. Hello there Calguns.

jay1481
09-21-2010, 2:36 AM
Hello everyone i just wanted to say hello to all of you and thank you for all the useful information. I just got done building my first AR and love it.

ricksOe
09-22-2010, 8:25 AM
What's up people.. another new guy checking in from merced, ca but originally from san francisco.. always been into semi-auto's and assault rifles.. owned a few illegal semi-auto's as a youngster but I'm an adult with kids and I'm thinking more logical and trying to get me a nice self defesnse team for my home.. bumped into this forum when some one mentioned it on another.. which is really great because a cali gun forum is exactly what we need with these harsh gun laws we have in california.. recently obtained my HSC and am currently in the market for a semi-auto been doing a lot of research.. I'm in no rush to make a purchase..

I'm here to gain as much knowledge as I can and donate to a good cause.. california gun laws are weak and I grew up in some harsh parts of san francisco and oakland but not everyone looking to own a gun is thinking with bad intentions.. I haven't shot much since 2003-2004.. couple of buddies of mines are getting into going to the ranges so I should be back in the mix once I have some free time..

Thanks for the site and thanks for having me.

-ricksOe.

PastorBen
09-23-2010, 7:07 PM
Hello!
I found this site, and think you've all done a great job at it! I'm thankful I have a place to find answers to my questions about firearms.

Nick1236
09-27-2010, 7:32 AM
Hello everyone i just wanted to say hello to all of you and thank you for all the useful information. I just got done building my first AR and love it.

Welcome brother from the same mother. If only you had joined here sooner....

leocrrnz
09-27-2010, 11:34 AM
hey everybody!!! This is a great site I just stumbled across it and I think what you guys are doing is great. Theres a tremendous amount of knowledge here and I'm looking forward to read up on everything. I'm in the LA area bought my first AR almost a year ago and my girlfriend recently bought me a sig 226 for my birthday. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

charliesierra
09-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Greetings CalGuns...I am a long time shooter and former active duty military member. I have been a lurker on here for a long time and finally joined up to contribute. Glad to be a part of such a great community. :)

VV Tank
09-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Another new member here, been lurking for a while, great siteglad to be a part of it

2147f2
09-29-2010, 1:54 PM
Hi All - I am a newb to the community. Met one of your members at Rainbow range about a month ago (Awesome shooter) and wanted to see what I've been missing...
I've used this site as a reference in my quest to obtain my FFL, CFD & Large cap permit - and couldn't tell you how much it helped! Thank you - I look forward to contributing to the cause.

WarriorX
09-29-2010, 3:09 PM
Hello fellow Calgunner's!
I am joining after checking out this site, and I like what I have seen. I hope to join many others here and be a positive contributor to this site.
I'm in my 40's, I have lived in this State my whole life, and I don't recognize it anymore.

Swordpoint
09-30-2010, 2:33 PM
Hello everyone,

I followed a link from another site I frequent (Garage Journal) to a post about being arrested...er, detained....well, really arrested by SDPD. After reading it and looking around a little, I just knew I wanted in.

Like the last post, I'm in my 40's, lived in CA all my life, and now I don't recognize it. Maybe together we can take out some trash.

gunzboatz
09-30-2010, 9:07 PM
Hey all, been lurkin a while. Have had gun disease for many years now. Longern ive had boat disease. hope to learn a lot here.

Storm Tactical
09-30-2010, 9:19 PM
Long time viewer. Decided to join, if you will accept a former Native Californian... Mark

jdberger
10-01-2010, 9:33 AM
Long time viewer. Decided to join, if you will accept a former Native Californian... Mark

Thrilled to have you, Mark. Welcome to Calguns.

bjl333
10-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Welcome to all the new Calgunners !!! Enjoy yourselves and be safe.

Gumpa38
10-01-2010, 2:39 PM
I am new to the forum and actually came looking for a couple of parts or information where I could purchase them. I am 60 years old and have been carrying for over 40 years now. I recently purchased 2 Bryco/Jennings model 38s and one has a cracked frame. I have owned quite a few of these inexpensive guns and do alot of clean up with files and a Dremmel to make them happy. They are really very simple and everything is either a stamped part or cast part. If cleaned up they as efficient as most inexpensive guns. I am in need of a model 38 frame, and a barrel pin. Most will say they aren't worth fixing or spending money on but I do enjoy them. my email is gumpa_38@yahoo.com Please assist me in my search

BayAreaShooter
10-01-2010, 3:20 PM
Welcome to all the new guys and gals.

Amendment II
10-01-2010, 5:12 PM
Hey there everyone!

Just wanted to join the club of oppressed californian self defense enthusiasts living under the hammer and sickle.

Marty

Rem222
10-02-2010, 3:24 PM
Hey there everyone!

Just wanted to join the club of oppressed californian self defense enthusiasts living under the hammer and sickle.

Marty

Welcome Marty... Hopefully things are changing...

RaymondMillbrae
10-02-2010, 5:18 PM
Welcome, Grasshoppers.

Drop in and check out the COMPETITION/TRAINING section on this website. There are a bunch of different places to practice and hone your shooting skills.

Best wishes, and continue to learn...safely.

In Christ: Raymond

.40Mike
10-03-2010, 8:28 PM
Hello everyone!
Came to this site not too long ago to learn about firearms as im completely new to the field. I am very interested in handguns as well as rifles, but unfortunately lack experience with either, so be easy on me :) . I am 20 years old, enlisted in the marines and leaving for boot camp in 27 days. Well that sums me up, thanks in advance everyone!

marcus_ca
10-04-2010, 6:44 PM
Hi just joined on the recommendation from another fellow member from sigforum.... good to be here!

HM8404
10-04-2010, 8:48 PM
Hello All,

New to this forum. I like the old wood-and-steel rifles, particularly the M1 Garand. Just getting started with participating in Matches.

HM8404
10-04-2010, 9:15 PM
Hello everyone!
Came to this site not too long ago to learn about firearms as im completely new to the field. I am very interested in handguns as well as rifles, but unfortunately lack experience with either, so be easy on me :) . I am 20 years old, enlisted in the marines and leaving for boot camp in 27 days. Well that sums me up, thanks in advance everyone!
You've made a good choice with the Corps. Soon, you will be an expert with a rifle, and protecting all of us. God Bless you, and thank you in advance. Most importantly, look out for your Corpsman (especially if you will be an '03)!

ayl1977
10-04-2010, 9:18 PM
hi folks,
I am totally a new guy to firearm world and bought my first rifle (10/22 ruger) about 6 months ago. Please be patient if I ask stupid questions.

HM8404
10-04-2010, 10:01 PM
hi folks,
I am totally a new guy to firearm world and bought my first rifle (10/22 ruger) about 6 months ago. Please be patient if I ask stupid questions.
There are no stupid questions, especially if it pertains to safety...

rich deuce
10-05-2010, 7:15 PM
Greetings all, i guess im the FNG. Joined to keep up on all things gun related in our great state.
I served in the Marines and am now a D.O.D Contractor. Currently i own a Kimber .45 ACP and a Mossberg 500 12 gauge.

Milfman
10-05-2010, 10:51 PM
New to forum. I keep seeing SPF but cannot find what it means? Please educate.
Thanks

bjl333
10-05-2010, 10:53 PM
New to forum. I keep seeing SPF but cannot find what it means? Please educate.
Thanks

Sold Pending Funds ... Welcome to Calguns !!!

bjl333
10-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Welcome to all the guys since 10/03 - now. Lots of info to learn. Behave or we'll spank :eek::p

Tactical Kitty
10-05-2010, 11:20 PM
im just hear to buy-sell-trade gear...

bjl333
10-05-2010, 11:29 PM
im just hear to buy-sell-trade gear...

Welcome to Calguns !!! Jump in some of the forums ... Tell us your thing and we'll tell you our thing. :D

LeakyW8ers
10-06-2010, 1:52 PM
Yet another new member. Hello everyone.

DIRTY HARRY
10-06-2010, 9:33 PM
just found this site. great place.

Eat Dirt
10-06-2010, 9:56 PM
just found this site. great place.

Welcome to the Jungle ..

Now get that Credit card warmed up and head on over to the " Firearms for sale " section

bjl333
10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Yet another new member. Hello everyone.

Welcome to Calguns Leaky !!!

BayAreaShooter
10-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Welcome to the new Calguner's.

XDTRIGGERHAPPY
10-07-2010, 12:43 AM
New to forum. Lots of great info here. Big thanks to everyone with the mass knowledge here! Been into rifles, shots, and hand guns for some time... time for an AR build!

SilverSpork
10-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Been lurking for a few months now, I have learned so much! Started shooting BB guns when I was 6 (21 Now). I recently left one money pit, motorcycles, and have come to another, firearms.

I hope to keep learning from everyone!

jordan1919
10-07-2010, 3:19 PM
Hey everybody, just moved back to CA after 4 years in the Air Force, came from Tucson AZ so I'm still getting familiar with the lovely CA gun laws, looking forward to getting some good info. I'm an avid pistol and shotgun shooter as well. Is there a classifieds section here?

dean323
10-07-2010, 4:46 PM
Hi to all from inland valley/LA area. wot a great site!!

hyperdb2
10-07-2010, 10:02 PM
hey everyone new to the site, here to learn and meet great people

RaymondMillbrae
10-08-2010, 6:04 AM
Good to see so many new faces.

Be good examples to your community, and on the range.

Be safe, and always continue to learn.

In Christ: Raymond

JonFisherman
10-08-2010, 6:19 AM
Hello everybody

Navigating California laws for owning legal AR and found this site. Very helpful. Pleasant company and informative posts... I'll stay awhile and read.

BayAreaShooter
10-08-2010, 7:25 AM
Hello everybody

Navigating California laws for owning legal AR and found this site. Very helpful. Pleasant company and informative posts... I'll stay awhile and read.

Welcome to the forum. :D

RSD
10-08-2010, 5:26 PM
Just joined up. Just saying hello

Eat Dirt
10-08-2010, 10:18 PM
A Big " WELCOME " to all the new People

Nice to see so many

wrenpk
10-09-2010, 1:54 AM
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am completely new to this forum, though several members of CABEARS have mentioned this site. I am a brand new female gun owner (a Ruger .38 LCR). I want to find out a lot more about guns and gun ownership and decide on my next purchase. And of course, improve my shooting.

Also, to find places/people in the LA area with whom I can go shooting.
I'm glad to be here/
-wren

Big Jake
10-09-2010, 7:59 AM
Welcome to our dimented little corner of the world! :)

dave3223
10-09-2010, 7:58 PM
Hello Everyone. I too am a new member even though I have lurked around for about two months. I'm in the city of Riverside and hope to learn alot (while also adding small bits of information to any discussions).

iron-eyes
10-11-2010, 4:32 PM
Howdy Calguns! Thanks for all the great info, hope I can contribute some good stuff as well!

BayAreaShooter
10-11-2010, 8:49 PM
WELCOME

capi2lo
10-11-2010, 9:44 PM
Hey everyone my name is Andrew and I just registered into Calguns.net. I am hoping to have shooting as a hobby and hoping to learn a lot from this great forum. I am very new to shooting and forums and trying to learn all the ins and outs of both!!

ptgarcia
10-12-2010, 3:13 PM
Hello, another new guy here. My wife and I just picked up our first gun, a S&W Bodyguard 38, primarily for home defense but now I got the bug and I'm already looking for the next one. :D

Ergo the Qualmed
10-12-2010, 5:20 PM
Hey folks,

I'm a college student from Socal, I frequent Insight Range (Artesia?), and recently bought an SKS. Thought i'd say hey!

pjelect
10-12-2010, 6:02 PM
Hey
New to this forum but not new to guns. Guns in CA definately are a polarizing thing. I'm not extreme either way. I see uses and abuses. I'm into SS and OU shotguns now. I used to have some but they were ripped off. Now I think I'll buy back in. I'm just shopping right now but who knows. Maybe I'll sell off some handguns and long guns to pay for this new addiction.

Xander Bolanos
10-13-2010, 5:44 AM
Hello, I'm a new member I mainly have owned replicas and airsoft firearms, but just got my first real pistol a glock .45 I am not new to shooting or marksmanship only to actual firearm ownership. I live in Iowa so not sure how relevant that is, but I kept seeing good info here that was applicable to airsoft and decided to become a member. If anyone else is from Iowa or the Nebraska area always looking for new shooting friends.

youbettago
10-13-2010, 1:49 PM
I'm new here too. been lurking for a while, but just now signed up.

I'm Amanda, I live in Woodland. I like pistols/rifles/shotguns.. I like hunting and rockcrawling. I run a bowling league. Etc.. I try to stay pretty active, but damn! Shooting is expensive. :D

itsmemrwright
10-14-2010, 1:52 PM
Looks like my kind of site. NRA Life Member.

bjl333
10-14-2010, 1:55 PM
Looks like my kind of site. NRA Life Member.

Welcome to Calguns Mr Wright !!!

yuriart10
10-14-2010, 8:51 PM
I am Yuri. I came across this forum and surf with this forum. I like it much and looks informative. I would like to say hello to all the forum members. Hope have a good time with you all.

_________
Watch Jackass 3-D Online Free (http://moviesonlinefree.biz)

FOLLOWER
10-14-2010, 9:52 PM
Hello..! My Name Is ED .. 63 yrs. Young, Married, 42 yrs. (same lady), 2 Married Children, 5 Grandchildren (not old enough yet). Life Member NRA, & LEAA, On Going Member CRPA .. Have Guns... Like To Hunt, Love To Shoot, Reload, And LIVE ! Yes I've Been " Lurking " (as they say) & Yes I Have ARs, (2) 1 Is & 1 Is An " OLL Build " Which Brings up CALGUNS ! Great Informational Forum, ---> Bar None <---- ;)

rcolt
10-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Thanks for your welcome. I have been visiting this site for some time now and now I have a little time to spend on it. In 2006 I started manufacturing concealed carry vests. My wife Linda is a long time professional sewer and pattern designer and my daughter is proficiently running our website. Out primary business is our internet sales, however we also attend and show our vests at most of the major gun shows in the west. We are a small family business but pride ourselves in making a quality product that we actually sell around the world. We enjoy the gun community and have found them to be very friendly and highly ethical. We Look forward to meeting many of you on this site.

bjl333
10-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Hey everyone my name is Andrew and I just registered into Calguns.net. I am hoping to have shooting as a hobby and hoping to learn a lot from this great forum. I am very new to shooting and forums and trying to learn all the ins and outs of both!!

Hello, another new guy here. My wife and I just picked up our first gun, a S&W Bodyguard 38, primarily for home defense but now I got the bug and I'm already looking for the next one. :D

Hey folks,

I'm a college student from Socal, I frequent Insight Range (Artesia?), and recently bought an SKS. Thought i'd say hey!

Hey
New to this forum but not new to guns. Guns in CA definately are a polarizing thing. I'm not extreme either way. I see uses and abuses. I'm into SS and OU shotguns now. I used to have some but they were ripped off. Now I think I'll buy back in. I'm just shopping right now but who knows. Maybe I'll sell off some handguns and long guns to pay for this new addiction.

Hello, I'm a new member I mainly have owned replicas and airsoft firearms, but just got my first real pistol a glock .45 I am not new to shooting or marksmanship only to actual firearm ownership. I live in Iowa so not sure how relevant that is, but I kept seeing good info here that was applicable to airsoft and decided to become a member. If anyone else is from Iowa or the Nebraska area always looking for new shooting friends.

I'm Amanda, I live in Woodland. I like pistols/rifles/shotguns.. I like hunting and rockcrawling. I run a bowling league. Etc.. I try to stay pretty active, but damn! Shooting is expensive. :D

I am Yuri. I came across this forum and surf with this forum. I like it much and looks informative. I would like to say hello to all the forum members. Hope have a good time with you all.

_________
Watch Jackass 3-D Online Free (http://moviesonlinefree.biz)

Hello..! My Name Is ED .. 63 yrs. Young, Married, 42 yrs. (same lady), 2 Married Children, 5 Grandchildren (not old enough yet). Life Member NRA, & LEAA, On Going Member CRPA .. Have Guns... Like To Hunt, Love To Shoot, Reload, And LIVE ! Yes I've Been " Lurking " (as they say) & Yes I Have ARs, (2) 1 Is & 1 Is An " OLL Build " Which Brings up CALGUNS ! Great Informational Forum, ---> Bar None <---- ;)

Thanks for your welcome. I have been visiting this site for some time now and now I have a little time to spend on it. In 2006 I started manufacturing concealed carry vests. My wife Linda is a long time professional sewer and pattern designer and my daughter is proficiently running our website. Out primary business is our internet sales, however we also attend and show our vests at most of the major gun shows in the west. We are a small family business but pride ourselves in making a quality product that we actually sell around the world. We enjoy the gun community and have found them to be very friendly and highly ethical. We Look forward to meeting many of you on this site.

Welcome to Calguns Guys !!!

jaydog5214
10-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Hope I'm doing this right. LOL... Been a voyeur on this sight for about a year, just registered today! Became and active firearm owner this year due to mid-life crisis and my full acceptance of my inner survivalist. That plus the politicos threatening to take away my rights every damn day and just had enough of it! Oh and my wife finally agreed!:D Well she opened the door and I jumped in the deep end.

I am now the proud owner of a SA 1911 45ACP, Ruger 45ACP/45 long New Vaquero, Remington marine magnum 12 ga, Black Rain Ordinance .223 AR and awaiting transfer of my Remington 700 5R milspec! Yeah I went hog wild, I'll post pics soon!

Happy to say I learned a ton from you guys about Kalifornia laws so thank you! I hope to contribute in the future as well.

Question for you all, as a new owner I have been going to the range a lot solo and am now just starting looking to join a club, other than club what suggestions for a new owner to get into the sport and community of shooting?

Thanks

bjl333
10-15-2010, 11:59 PM
I jumped in the deep end.
I am now the proud owner of a SA 1911 45ACP, Ruger 45ACP/45 long New Vaquero, Remington marine magnum 12 ga, Black Rain Ordinance .223 AR and awaiting transfer of my Remington 700 5R milspec! Yeah I went hog wild, I'll post pics soon!

I'd say you really jumped into the deep end !!! Congrats :D:D:D

What city do you live in ?? Lots of different event you can go to.

thai562
10-16-2010, 7:30 AM
Hi, Everybody. New to the site. Came across Calgun a few time when looking to buy my Sig, thought it would be a good idea to become a member.

PatriotnMore
10-16-2010, 7:46 AM
^^Welcome.^^

burgerturd
10-16-2010, 2:36 PM
What's up yall - new to CG but certainly not the latter. Lived in socal for a while, had a stint in TX and now back to socal.
I hope the hunting transition won't be too tough!

Take care
B

bjl333
10-16-2010, 3:11 PM
What's up yall - new to CG but certainly not the latter. Lived in socal for a while, had a stint in TX and now back to socal.
I hope the hunting transition won't be too tough!

Take care
B

Welcome to Calguns !!!

Punisher219
10-16-2010, 3:44 PM
Hello all, just joined. Was in Georgia until 3 years ago. This site keeps coming up when I need answers to navigate California's laws. Awesome site! Good people so far too! Thanks!:D

PatriotnMore
10-16-2010, 3:53 PM
Welcome, you must miss GA gun laws, compared to here.

Punisher219
10-16-2010, 4:05 PM
You have no idea.. I am so frustrated. I'm try to buy my first pistol, every pistol I want is not on the sales list. :mad:

jaydog5214
10-16-2010, 9:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm in the bay area of California. Definatley could use tips on places in the area to start my journey into the sport. And how do you reply to a specific reply to you? Lol

Dorittos
10-17-2010, 1:15 AM
HI every one my Nick name is Dorittos (i know its not spelled with double T hahah) i go by my nick name allot because most ppl have a hard time with my actual name. I am glad to of found your guys forum, and hope to get along well with every one and to learn as much as i possibly can from every one. i know some pretty small basic things about fire arms but
i dont own any fire arms, i how ever am planing to purchase a Ar-15 as my first rifle. i live In Ca i am in the 323 area and it would be nice to make new friends here. i am usually busy with work and coming home and then leaving to jog and work out at the park trying to get in shape to join the marines but i will do my best to come in and talk with every one :D

Hopalong
10-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Hello. Allow me to introduce myself as Hopalong.
I have "lurked" for quite some time here, and finally decided to register, to show my support for your site.
Although I have lived in California for almost 36 years now, I grew up in the Cradle of Liberty, about 12 miles from Concord and Lexington Green. Every year, growing up, our school class walked the Freedom Trail. I have returned dozens of times to experience the profound awe I have for the true Patriots who risked everything to be free.
I believe I understand the definition of "militia," as our Founding Fathers did, since I am an avid reader of American History. Our politicians ignore history, for uninformed votes. How easily we forget.
I started shooting about 50 years ago at YMCA camp, when it was called riflery. I am a member of the NRA, the local gun club, and love the smell of gunpowder and Hoppes #9.
The gun club is within walking distance from my place. About 20 years ago some neighbors tried to solicit my support to close it down because of the noise. I told them it sounded like freedom.
I think it's ludicrous what an honest , law abiding, and upstanding citizen has to go through in this state to obtain a CCW. The DOJ roster of safe guns insults our intelligence.
I believe we, as Californians, are being treated as second class citizens, and am encouraged by current lawsuits and CGN.
When I find myself in a social setting being somewhat mocked because of my hobby of guns, I am sure to remind everyone, "guns are as American as Mom and apple pie".
Keep up the good work, and God Bless America!

Ika-kun
10-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Hello all. Used to lurk a lot. Now I'm a member. Looking forward to learning a lot here. Cheers!

Ergo the Qualmed
10-18-2010, 4:22 PM

Hey, i'm at UCD, but I'm not from around here usually. Where is there to shoot up here? All I can think of is the Yolo Sportsman's Association; are there any more?

Knife Edge
10-18-2010, 5:05 PM
Long time resident but new to Calguns. I am glad that I found this very informative site, looking forward to learning and contributing what I can.

Thanks

spetsnaz
10-18-2010, 5:59 PM
thought about joining before and decided to join after talking to one of your members about the ccw thing in cali.

Surflovin
10-18-2010, 6:20 PM
Can you tell me how to post an ad to sell my SW 44 on this site...

coreymonson
10-19-2010, 6:19 AM
hi everyone im new to the forum just wanted to say hi and tell you a little about myself. 22 live in ontario ca. been in the US ARMY for 5 years, married with a one year old daughter. im looking forward to making some new friends :D

SwordsmanRyan
10-19-2010, 9:48 PM
Hey, all. New resident here. I brought my S&W 686 with me from Colorado Springs, but alas the easy gun laws didn't follow me.

violator22348
10-20-2010, 2:58 PM
Hello Room-

I've been a shooter for years, but then kind of fell away due to all the regulation and assorted nonsense. Just back into it when I heard about Open Carry.org.

Anyway, been around this for a longtime. Everything from FAL's to Flintlocks and back. Just bought a SA MC Operator. Should have it in hand by November.

Marc (my user name refers to the +100mph violation, of which I am a regular offender)...oh yeah, the avatar is General Buck Turgidson, (George C. Scott) from the movie Dr.Strangelove, the greatest movie ever...:-D

Metal Monster
10-22-2010, 4:45 PM
Greetings, I've been a member for a couple months now and have even responded to some postings. I'm just now checking in to this thread as a new member.

I live in the SF Bay Area. I mainly go to United Sportsman Inc in Concord; great range. I've been to Livermore Pleasanton and is a great range also but too far for me to go regularly. I've got plans to try out Sacramento Valley and Circle S Ranch for some distances longer than 100 meters.

AlexFerguson
10-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi Alex here, I am new on this forum I am glad to be there, I say all my visitors a very warm Helloooo..
I think OLL mean Off Line Lower.....:D

Buyao
10-23-2010, 4:38 PM
Hello my name is Chris. I lived in San Diego my whole life but I am planning on getting a Nevada residency and move out there. I love California, but the gun laws out here hurt our law abiding gun owners. And every time I shoot I go out to Henderson NV, to me its Disneyland for shooters. I joined calguns to talk to and meet proud gun owners that care about our 2nd Amendment, and I read most of these forums and I find every member here very helpful and it gives me hope that one day they will let us California gun owners enjoy our rights as gun owners without the silly restrictions we have here. Thanks for letting me be a part of calguns,

IBEW47
10-24-2010, 6:32 AM
Hello all,

I used to be very active in the shooting sports (hunting. target, plinking, and a bit of handgun competition) but for the last 20 years due to family obligations and work have not done much outside of infrequent plinking a few trips to the range. I am now at a point with boys old enough and a supportive wife trying to get back in and perhaps expand my interests. I am basically a wheel gunner but am thinking about looking into and trying shotgunning and perhaps the SASS.

Thank you,
Tim (IBEW47)

Big Jake
10-24-2010, 9:02 AM
Welcome!

IBEW47
10-24-2010, 9:40 AM
Thank you Jake - hope to "talk" at 'ya soon -

bjl333
10-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Nick :D

Hopalong.

Hello all.

Hey,

Long time resident

ccw thing in cali.

SW 44...

US ARMY for 5 years, married with a one year old daughter. :D
Thank You for your service!!

New resident here.
Good Luck!!

Hello Room-

Welcome to Calguns Guys !!!

bjl333
10-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Greetings.

Hi Alex here, I think OLL mean Off Line Lower.....:D

Hello my name is Chris. ,

Hello all,Tim (IBEW47)

Welcome to Calguns everyone !!! Beware of Big Jake !! :D

BayAreaShooter
10-24-2010, 1:39 PM
Welcome to Calguns everyone !!! Beware of Big Jake !! :D

+1 :D:D:D. Sorry Big Jake.

L4D
10-24-2010, 2:44 PM
Hello my name is Chris. I lived in San Diego my whole life but I am planning on getting a Nevada residency and move out there. I love California, but the gun laws out here hurt our law abiding gun owners. And every time I shoot I go out to Henderson NV, to me its Disneyland for shooters. I joined calguns to talk to and meet proud gun owners that care about our 2nd Amendment, and I read most of these forums and I find every member here very helpful and it gives me hope that one day they will let us California gun owners enjoy our rights as gun owners without the silly restrictions we have here. Thanks for letting me be a part of calguns,

Hi Chrissssssss. yooooooot!

EL Brandon
10-25-2010, 6:12 AM
Hey guys I am new just transferred from japan active duty military and now live in Otay ranch. I own a mosin nagant and a XD 9...looking for a good outdoor range to shoot at around my area.

Thanks,
Brandon

youbettago
10-25-2010, 3:27 PM
Hey, i'm at UCD, but I'm not from around here usually. Where is there to shoot up here? All I can think of is the Yolo Sportsman's Association; are there any more?

Yeah, I'm a member out at YSA. There is an indoor range in Vacaville, and an outdoor on 50 in Rancho Cordova somewhere I hear.

I've never had any issues out at Sportsman's.. other than the parachuters practically landing in the line of fire!!!!!!!

mikiehorn
10-26-2010, 2:57 PM
Hello everyone!

Thanks for your decision to serve - it will change your life (mostly in a good way) forever!

BayAreaShooter
10-26-2010, 3:46 PM
Welcome to everyone that is new. Start absorbing the knowledge.

SmokinDoll
10-27-2010, 9:30 PM
Just saying hi, new here. Been reading the site for a few months now since some girlfriends of mine went shooting their boyfriends. After tagging along a couple of times, I've actually started to get hooked on shooting since it's fun. Looking to learn all about guns and the laws with owning one.

I don't have a gun yet, but I liked shooting my friend's Glock. I'm going to try some more out and then get my HSC and go buy one :)

bsg
10-27-2010, 9:51 PM
welcome to the forum.

MultiCaliber
10-28-2010, 9:43 AM
Hi, all. Long time reader/lurker, just joined up. This is a very good forum run by people who are fighting the good fight. Glad to be aboard. :cool:

bjl333
10-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Welcome to Calguns !!!

pcheck62
10-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Hello my name is Steve and I am an EMT in Orange County. I was told by a friend to check out this forum as a resource as I am new to gun ownership. Looking forward to learning form all of you with experience. Thank you for making this forum accessible.

bjl333
10-28-2010, 1:32 PM
Hello my name is Steve and I am an EMT in Orange County. I was told by a friend to check out this forum as a resource as I am new to gun ownership. Looking forward to learning form all of you with experience. Thank you for making this forum accessible.

Welcome to Calguns pcheck62 !!!

FF/EMT Nick
10-28-2010, 2:50 PM
Just saying hi, new here. Been reading the site for a few months now since some girlfriends of mine went shooting their boyfriends. After tagging along a couple of times, I've actually started to get hooked on shooting since it's fun. Looking to learn all about guns and the laws with owning one.

I don't have a gun yet, but I liked shooting my friend's Glock. I'm going to try some more out and then get my HSC and go buy one :)

Your girlfriends shot their boyfriends? does that mean their available? :confused:

FF/EMT Nick
10-28-2010, 2:52 PM

OMG they'll let ANYBODY join this site!

Welcome buddy, bout time. :D

DesertPaladin
10-29-2010, 6:34 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've been coming here for some time without registering. There are a lot of "hiss-n-moan" boards out there, and I had to be sure this was not yet another one.
For too long, have our most precious civil liberties been usurped and eroded by unscrupulous politicians and bureaucrats; and hissing n' moaning has done little to stop it.
The times call for serious Citizens who are willing to commit to the fight, and act on that commitment! I hope that here, I will meet other like-minded patriots with whom we can become a "Band of Brothers" in mutual defense of our freedoms.

I am a USMC Vet; former LEO and Weapons Instructor; a concerned father of two. And though I now suffer with disabilities, I find myself unable to sit still, and let others do all the work to restore & preserve our liberties. If you love this Country, and especially our Constitutional liberties such as the 2nd Amendment... I am also your "brother". ;)

I have lived in East Kern County for over 30 years: So if you need help out in this region, just give me a shout. I know some excellent places to go shoot...unmolested.

Best regards to one & all.

N3TD3ViL
10-29-2010, 2:58 PM
Hello everyone. I found this website/forum when Googling for POF P-308 of which I'm a proud owner. After taking a look around, I decided to create an account and say 'hello'. So, now that I've said it, I'll see you guys on the flip side.

Dutch3
10-31-2010, 5:00 PM
Hi all, new here. Lifelong CA resident, longtime gun owner, although for the past 20 years it has only been the old Mossberg pump gathering dust under the bed.

I can certainly say I don't like the looks of the way things are going here in CA or on the Federal level in recent years. Hoping to add my voice to those that will be heard.

-D

bjl333
10-31-2010, 5:07 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! ... I am also your "brother". ;) I know some excellent places to go shoot...unmolested.
Best regards to one & all.

Hello everyone. I'll see you guys on the flip side.

Hi all, new here. Lifelong CA resident, longtime gun owner, -D

Welcome to Calguns !!! Look around and enjoy yourselves. :D:D:D

bjl333
10-31-2010, 5:08 PM
Hello everyone. I found this website/forum when Googling for POF P-308 of which I'm a proud owner. After taking a look around, I decided to create an account and say 'hello'. So, now that I've said it, I'll see you guys on the flip side.

I'm on okshooters. Are you on there?

Rough Leather
10-31-2010, 8:45 PM
Howdy. Just joined a couple of minutes ago. A friend just got me into firearms in the "grey area" of california law. Thought I should make friendly with the experts before jumping in too far. Name's Abel White by the way. Good to be on the wagon.

Cheers.

Jay1037
11-01-2010, 4:41 PM
I've been reading these forums for a short while and I finally joined. This is a very informative site. I have a small collection...Im not a gun nut, as some people would say. I consider myself a collector or aficionado. Thanks.

MrOrange
11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Howdy all!

Mr. Orange checking in. I joined, I loitered (lurking seems devious), I went away for a bit, back to loitering mostly.

How'd that whole Off List Lower thing work out, did everybody go to jail?

About me: I'm tall, rich and handsome, my hobbies include writing award-winning poetry, helping underprivileged children and hang-gliding off Mt. Everest. I don't think I've ever been for a long walk on the beach in my entire life. I speak Sarcasm.

First up for repelling boarders is a Commander with CTCs, and my current fav is the Smith 296, also with Lasergrips. Like one of the custom smiths, I believe Hamilton Bowen, once said: I don't like big guns, just big bullets.

Mumbles3049
11-06-2010, 4:58 PM
Hello to all, I am a newb to the site but not to the gun world. I am here to gain more legal knowledge on the laws here in California,,,, I have my own ideas bout the states gun laws but in the end I still have to play by there rules lol. i currently own a Springfield m1a a Yugo sks a Remington 870 Wing Master as well as a Benelli Nova

BayAreaShooter
11-06-2010, 8:25 PM
Welcome to all the new guys. I am sure you will like it here.

ojisan
11-06-2010, 8:33 PM
Every 25th post in this thread should be a Big Jake warning.
New members, welcome, but watch out for him!

Ibseeker
11-07-2010, 7:47 AM
Hello Everyone,
Another FNG...a really ignorant FNG! I don't have much to offer in terms of technical support but will try to help when I can. I have some questions but will try to find the answers through researching this site. One of the many technical aspects that I struggle with are all the centerfire calibers, there are so many and some are very similar. Most of my gun experience has been quail hunting along the Mex border and target/trap shooting with friends. Plinking with a .22 is the vast majority of it but I do enjoy shooting in general. I'm interested in buying a couple of pistols and at least one more rifle. That's what led me to this forum. IMO, this is a very important and helpful forum, especially considering all the legislation that's been enacted.
Thanks to those who built and maintain this site and to those who support it.

Chuck

G lock
11-07-2010, 9:03 PM
hello! long time lurker here, tons of good info! hope to meet some fellow enthusiasts

notdonewithgun
11-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks to all for this forum.

I purchased my first gun a year ago at the age of 40...a Glock 23 along with 2000 rounds of (mostly) re-loads from Georgia Arms. Have only fired 200 rounds through it as time is scarce, though my practice has all been supervised and instructed by lifelong friends who between them have received professional training numbering in the hundreds of hours. I would have been lost without them and this forum.

Also purchased Blade Tek holster and mag pouch, and Caldwell auto-ear protection.

With the advice and information from this forum, I also completed a CA legal AR platform including a SI Defense (Sonju) billet 5.56 lower, DPMS LPK, DPMS collapsible stock, GGG Dominator-1 barreled upper and , of course, a Prince 50 mag lock. Also stocked up on 2000 rounds target ammo. Again, have only fired 150 rounds or so.

Also added a synthetic/stainless Ruger 10/22, with 5,000 rounds and several extra magazines. Yet to be fired.

Joined the NRA on the lifetime membership payment plan.

At the rate I'm making it to the range, I should have ammo for life...I really hope that changes.

Thanks,
Eric

JBolder
11-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Hello all..... I joined today after hearing about you guys on the open carry forum and checking you out for about a week. I like to "judge a tree by the fruit it bears" and Calguns is doing a lot of good here in Kalifornia. Congratulations....JB

Xuse2005
11-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I've become a huge fan of guns since I shot my first earlier this year. Now a proud owner of four, I realized that I have to join this incredibly helpful community!

totti20
11-10-2010, 12:42 AM
what does btt means?

Amado
11-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Hey everybody,

I'm going to be a first time gun owner very soon. I've liked guns ever since I was a kid but I never got around to purchasing one until now. I only know a little bit about guns so that's why I'm here. I hope to learn as much as I can from you guys. I just want to do it right the first time.

Anyways, I was browsing GunBroker and saw this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=199999550

In the description it says, "spent shell casing included." I was wondering why this would be included? What would this be used for?

Thanks!

-Noob

Ape
11-10-2010, 1:40 PM
what does btt means?

"B"ump "T"he "T"hread. Normally used to advance a thread for selling items when it goes off the "new posts" page.

Hey everybody,

I'm going to be a first time gun owner very soon. I've liked guns ever since I was a kid but I never got around to purchasing one until now. I only know a little bit about guns so that's why I'm here. I hope to learn as much as I can from you guys. I just want to do it right the first time.

Anyways, I was browsing GunBroker and saw this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=199999550

In the description it says, "spent shell casing included." I was wondering why this would be included? What would this be used for?

Thanks!

-Noob
Some states (and I assume Kalifornia is one of them) require a new gun to have proof of test firing. So many gun makers include the first test round spent casing in the gun case

MadMax1
11-10-2010, 6:47 PM
Hi everyone,
I was told to sell my gun on CG so I can get more money out of it. After entering the forum, I was hook; I found myself in CG forum daily!
:eek::eek::eek:
Max

MadMax1
11-10-2010, 6:51 PM
Hi,
Can someone pm me on how to do a proper itrader rating notification? I did it anyway. But I am not sure if I did it properly.
:confused::eek::p
Max

anthony ward
11-10-2010, 10:07 PM
"B"ump "T"he "T"hread. Normally used to advance a thread for selling items when it goes off the "new posts" page.

Some states (and I assume Kalifornia is one of them) require a new gun to have proof of test firing. So many gun makers include the first test round spent casing in the gun case

yes, i purchased new, a 40 cal. and a 9mm both came with spent shell casings. i am new to calguns so hope i am posting this in the right area?

anthony ward
11-10-2010, 10:21 PM
can anyone help out with answering a question about cal. ak-47 and the pistol grip, is it legal to put on if u have a bullet button on it? can u get one for an ak? i have read up a little on sum of the evil features and stuff like that, help please!:confused:

LowSpeedHighDrag
11-11-2010, 7:55 PM
Hello,

My name is LowSpeedHighDrag, and I'm an addict.

bsg
11-12-2010, 2:51 AM
Hello,

My name is LowSpeedHighDrag, and I'm an addict.

we hold 12 step meetings in the Guns For Sale section; bring your checkbook.

CarRamRod
11-12-2010, 10:42 AM
New guy here. Been looking around here for a while but figured I better sign up and learn something. I spend a lot of time on GT but this site deals with more issues I need to know about. I don't post much but I do search often. Thanks all.

69Mach1
11-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the forum

Janecas
11-12-2010, 2:25 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Janet and I'm new to CalGuns. I first heard about this site from my boyfriend 00Cummins4x4 and thought I'd sign up and see what you guys are all about!!

TMan226
11-12-2010, 5:17 PM
Hey all. New guy from Orange County checking in. Been lurking and reading for a while. Looking forward to learning from all you folks here. Cheers.

misadventure
11-12-2010, 9:07 PM
howdy y'all. i'm new to the forum. i figured this might be a good place to get some local info. i've been shooting pistols for a while, but now i wanna take up hunting and learn about reloading.

i just bought my first hunting rifle, a Browning BLR takedown. she's lovely.

i work with leather in my spare time, and want to learn to make holsters and stuff too.

:79: happy belated veteran's day!

RexHavoc
11-13-2010, 5:15 PM
Evening all,

Contemplating a move West (am in PA now) and found this site by accident today. Thought it would give me a chance to research the gun laws a bit more, I'd hate to leave any behind. I moved to PA from the PRNJ and went from a Glock, 1911, SKS and 870 to... Well, let's just say quite a few more. I'm working on a 6.8 SBR now but I'm thinking that wouldn't be legal to bring with me. Hoping I'm wrong but we'll see.

Anyway, pleased to meetcha

Chris

bsg
11-14-2010, 12:43 AM
welcome to the forum.

cz50
11-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm what you can call a "newb". Ive never owned a gun, but ever since I turned 18 last year I have been doing research on rifles/shotguns and have decided that they are a good thing to have just in case SHTF or for home protection, shooting also looks like a fun hobby. Im planning on getting a .22lr rifle or 12 gauge shotgun in the near future, just keeping my eyes and ears open for any good deals. Good deals on guns in Los Angeles are very hard to come by, and this entire state has crappy gun laws iIMO. Well, anyway. Im glad to join this forum and am looking forward to learning and shooting in the near future.

BIGDJG
11-14-2010, 11:47 PM
just wanted to say hey, new firearm owner, great site

Zartan
11-15-2010, 4:04 PM
Hey everybody. Been lurking for a bit, trying to kill time during my 11-day wait, figured it's best I join. This place is great!:D

Hawk45
11-16-2010, 9:00 AM
Hi everyone,

Glad to be here and gain some knowledge and hopefully share some too.

John

dougncrew
11-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Just stopping by to say hello. I have been reading some of the post here for some time now. Love this site and can’t wait to get to know some of you. I lived in AZ before moving to cali 2 years ago so I had a lot to get used to here. My daily carry in AZ was a Ruger p-90. I have 5 kids all but one shoots. That’s because he is only 3 weeks old so we will have to give him a few years first.

akaironmanbbc
11-17-2010, 3:02 PM
hello all. :yes:

r870noob
11-17-2010, 3:21 PM
welcome to calguns iron man!!

RedSmokey
11-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Hello everyone, noob to cal guns and still pretty new to guns. Have a few and currently building an AR.

Eastwood
11-19-2010, 10:53 PM
New booty here just introducing myself.

Quick question. I've only been a member to this site for a few days, and I check the private guns sells daily. I've posted on a few threads for some guns I'm interested in buying but I find that they some how get deleted.... What's going on here? Please Help!

BOBBY626
11-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi everyone,
Just stopping by to say hi. Love the site

project: armament
11-20-2010, 1:38 PM
Hello all Im new here and sold an item. Understand the itrader concept. Howerver how do i Post on someone's for a transaction that I engauged in.

Dead*Reckoned
11-20-2010, 4:29 PM
New booty here just introducing myself.

Quick question. I've only been a member to this site for a few days, and I check the private guns sells daily. I've posted on a few threads for some guns I'm interested in buying but I find that they some how get deleted.... What's going on here? Please Help!
I believe any post in a For Sale thread that is not an "I'll take it" is deleted to reduce clutter in the thread. You should use the private message system to ask the seller any questions.
Welcome!

Hi everyone,
Just stopping by to say hi. Love the site
Welcome!

Eastwood
11-20-2010, 7:53 PM
Thank you Dead Reckoned!:chris:

DefensePackage
11-20-2010, 8:09 PM
New here, testing to make sure everything is working ;)

SoCal AL
11-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Long Time Lurker, 1st time poster.

Great forum you all got here. I am relatively new to owning firearms and this forum has been a great source of information. So thank you Calguns!

SoCal Survivalist
11-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone,
I was refered to this site, to help figure out where I cab get parts to make my Yugo sks legal under 922(r). The rifle didn't have the launcher on it when I got it, so I assume that I need to make the 922(r)rues apply to it.
As is I am planning on getting a us made opperating rod, gas piston, maybe a bolt, and maybe other parts if I need them. I currently have a us made muzzle break on it, and I believe that that counts as a part twards 922(r) compliance.

Hello Kathie
11-21-2010, 4:23 PM
Hello from Orange County!

referred by boyfriend Jeffu

cesarv
11-21-2010, 7:11 PM
Hey everybody. I am new here. Just saying hi. :D

stangmar
11-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Hello. Just joined!

EJ52
11-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone ... Referred by r870noob :thumbsup:

ipecac42
11-22-2010, 6:12 PM
Hello world. Came across the forum while looking for CCW info. Lots of good stuff here!

IAMAROBOTman
11-24-2010, 3:48 AM
allo mate!!!

gratefuldog
11-26-2010, 7:05 PM
Greetings, folks! FNG from the SFV here...welder/fabricator/machinist by trade, into all things mechanical including old trucks, motorcycles, and most recently, firearms. Glad to be here.
Anyone know a legal-ish informal shooting area w/in an hour or so of the SFV? TIA!

snag61
11-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Congratulations on an excellent site. The information here is almost overwhelming for a newbie.

bsg
11-28-2010, 12:38 PM
allo mate!!!

allo govna!

welcome to the forum.

Prenub
11-29-2010, 3:38 PM
New member here!

AF_MSgt
11-30-2010, 2:37 PM
New member, old hand...

Found this site through Google when searching about ARs in CA. Great resource! I look forward to years of contributing .02!

http://www.gunsamerica.com/UserImages/OnDemand/RockRiver/xlg_308A1239.jpg

Black rifle because of 21 years of military service... 7.62 by choice.

Bushsguns
12-01-2010, 5:37 AM
Hello all looking forward to getting to know you all.:cheers2:

bobh
12-01-2010, 4:41 PM
Another new guy here--from Santa Rosa. Found Calguns at the North Bay Shooters board which seems fairly dead. This seems to be a lot more lively!

I'm an occasional shooter; probably too occasional for my own good. I have a couple smaller caliber hand guns and am looking to move to something bigger so that's what brought me here. Being a lefty limits the choices a bit. So far I've looked at a Glock & Beretta. Of course, I could always just get a revolver ...

Looking forward to reading through a lot of the posts here. The ones that aren't over my head anyway. LOL

batstrider
12-02-2010, 4:47 AM
New guy here! Been airsofting for years but just recently took the plunge with my first gun, a Remington 870. Hoping to get more involved with firearms training and preparing for HD situations, as well as the ever popular "zombie" outbreak ;]

jonnybuff4life
12-02-2010, 6:39 PM
New here also!! just bought a keltec su-16 ca weeks back..love it=]

stacym
12-03-2010, 4:25 PM
Hello -
My background is mostly shotguns - trap shooting & pheasant hunting. I've shot handguns a few times, although it's been over 10 years. Now looking to build pistol skills, mostly for home defense. I've been checking out the pistol competitions too, and they look pretty fun. Currently looking for a 9mm. Will be renting & trying soon!

bjl333
12-03-2010, 4:27 PM
Welcome to all the new Calgunners !!!

jidokenju
12-04-2010, 6:06 AM
I guess I've already been posting for a bit but I haven't properly introduced myself properly. Hi all. LA born and raised grad student, currently abroad and gun-less, planning to remedy that when I get back next year. Hoping you all do something about the price of ammo in the interim;)

GoingBallistic
12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Hello Calguners!
Long time Calguns "lurker", long time handgun "shopper" and as of this Tuesday I'll finally be a new handgun Owner! I've learned so much from this forum this past year that hopefully I'll be able to contribute and give back as much and more.