PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Calguns!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Dangerpin
01-25-2010, 8:57 PM
Great to see so many new members!

Dangerpin...your avatar is already in use by another member who does get banned from time to time.
You might want to pick another one...guilt by association and all that...
:)

Greeeeeeat. I've been using this on various boards for YEARS. I guess I need to embrace change. Thanks for the heads-up.

helilgr
01-26-2010, 4:29 PM
Hi to all the members at Cal-Guns.net:) I join this afternoon, I feel after looking around this site I can get some of the answers I've been looking for :cool2:
I guess I just wanted to say hello to all of you here at Cal-Guns.net :patriot: Helilgr

Miataguy
01-26-2010, 7:41 PM
Hi All,
New Guy here. Just got my Beretta 92FS and loving every minute of it.

rjakey
01-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Hello everyone...Jake checking in. Been lurking in here a while and decided to join in. I'm currently stationed in Ramstein AB, Germany (since June 08). CALGUNS is a great way for me to keep up with what's going on in Kali! I spend a lot of time reading the off-topic discussions. Some of the posts are quite entertaining. Great forum!

artkat2
01-28-2010, 9:12 PM
Hard to follow that!
Thanks Jake for your service hope you get home soon. There's a lot of people working to make California a better place for those who hold Liberty dear. Hopefully we will have made some progress to welcome you home.
Andy here checking in from SLO county. I'm a firm believer in the Appleseed project. I've seen a few other 'seeds here, hope to see a lot more.
Check it out http://appleseedinfo.org
You'll be glad you did.

DJmickonis
01-29-2010, 9:04 AM
hey hows it goin guys or ladies? just checkin in. havent been shooting lately, have had my gun for about two years now and was looking for a good rifle to get and accidently found this forum. this place will probably give me a good base on what rifle to get. not only that, good friendly people to enjoy my guns with. great place to find.

K_Labs
01-29-2010, 11:41 AM
How's every1 doing happy Friday. Gun show this weekend at the OC fair grounds.... Oh yea I'm new to the site. My name is Matt and I just built my first AR. It got a little out of control thanks to COD MW2 and Magpul but I think it looks sexy.

Hkst04z
02-02-2010, 5:03 PM
Hows goes it mates, new to the site but sure not new to the world of guns. got a couple of toys ill post up when i get the chance :)

thunderpants
02-04-2010, 8:49 PM
Hello everyone, long time reader since the beginning of this OLL businese.
Sure took me a while to register :). I am upgrading my KISS Stag and it's almost done. I will sure post some pics when it's ready.

reinerbs
02-04-2010, 9:19 PM
new here, hope to soak up all information i can. =]

walsborn
02-05-2010, 5:43 PM
Hello from Sacramento. I am new to this site, and just learning the in's and out's of it. I would like to post a rifle (Beautiful sporterized Swedish Mauser) for sale. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

habendanio
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi From Faifield. Just found this site when researching my new rifle. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the site.

Filipino
02-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Just checking in...

lobsternoob
02-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I've been perusing this forum for a while now, and have found some great info. Well, I got back into a gun buying spree, and I want to maintain legality of my weapons here in the gun owners dream state, California... I'll have plenty of questions to ask, and I bet you guys will have plenty of answers.

JRG351
02-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi All,
New to the site and just wanted to say Hi!

hirohawa
02-10-2010, 9:34 PM
Hello

I am excited to be part of this community. I am in SoCal in Venice. My favorite current gun is a Beretta 92f with and SGS type compensator.

Looking forward to all the good people and useful info on this site.

Thanks

GunHobby
02-10-2010, 9:52 PM
Hello All

pitslave
02-10-2010, 9:56 PM
I'm from SF Bay Area. Long time lurker on this forum. Finally decided to register. Just wanted to say Hi!

Goodtimes.
02-11-2010, 6:16 AM
Nice Site! , Been shooting since i was 4 , i am just starting an AR15 build and someone turned me on tho this site. this looks amazing!

rua.MMason
02-11-2010, 10:22 PM
calgun-ners !

thank you for welcoming me in this forum.

rua.MMason :D

edj
02-12-2010, 6:01 PM
Request permission to come aboard.

from 95206

SlackJaw
02-12-2010, 8:54 PM
In this forum you will find ( After we've had some time to move, make or link to them ) threads with some basic forum information such as how to post pictures and polls. You will also find links to various threads, documents and FAQs regarding some of the more commonly asked questions.

This forum also serves as a place to introduce yourself to the rest of the members. So let us know a little about yourself! ;)

sweet forumz, I am looking forward to checking it all out :thumbsup:

Horrible
02-13-2010, 7:51 PM
New to Cal Guns. Looks like you guys have a nice forum here with tons of good info.

SpeakSoftly
02-14-2010, 3:26 PM
Ive been browsing CalGuns for years as "guest". Figured I should at least register. Thanks for an awesome forum. Look forward to learning a lot and hopefully contributing a little.

BigPimping
02-14-2010, 4:23 PM
Hello, new member here in Kalifornia. Loads of info here and it appears a wealth of knowledge from the members. Maybe if I am lucky, I'll learn something!!!

wrench57
02-14-2010, 7:10 PM
Hello, I'm a new member to your forums and will be on from time to time. I live in Idaho and got wind of your web from an article sent to me concerning a detective in your area that apparently only believes in 2nd amendment rights for himself and who he considers worthy and that the rest of us law abiding gun owners deserve to be shot at his whim. WOW!!! I am a Life Member of the NRA of approximatly 30 years. I used to shoot comp. silhouette pistol matches but havn't for a few years. I feel any site that believes in the peoples rights deserves as many members as they can get so as I said before I will be checking in from time to time and hope we can all learn from each other and support each other in our quest to keep freedom free. Thank you to those responsible for this site and hope it posts in the right spot.

alpe
02-15-2010, 5:02 PM
Hello, I am a new member and live in CA, and am a NRA member, CRPA member, and enjoy shooting., and am looking for some information on AR conversions that I have. Like shooting, hunting etc.

Ratman12
02-15-2010, 9:21 PM
Hello all,, I 've been lurking around here for awhile finally decided to join.. I grew up in East County San Diego,, did alot of shooting out at PegLeg mine in Jamul when it wasnt a suburb, or out in the desert by Plaster City,, I burned up my Mini 14,( shot the snot out of it) had a Dan Wesson 357, ( should have never sold that thing) ,, now I have a plastic pistol and a couple of black guns plus a couple odds and ends.. Want to stay legal and start shooting again, I like outdoor plinking more than anything ... it seems we are slowly being choked out and want to stop that.. enough of my random thoughts.. chow

marcus_bervus
02-16-2010, 1:40 AM
just moved to sacramento, hello to all :D

SMOKINLIZARD
02-17-2010, 8:07 AM
Me be Smokinlizard, Native So Cal since '52. Pops taught me with a Remington .22 when I was about 5 (iff'n ah reckollect cerreckt)
Gr8 2 find yer fine forum, tho I don't reckollect who referred me to it (but t'was probably me bud Rich...)
Who also, BTW, referred me to frontsight.com, which I'd like to do, but current Obamanomics prohibit (sigh)...
I'm working in Security now, since construction is in the hole (welder me), AND probably just as happy, since the love of firearms goes back further.
Just wanted to ask, tho... since I did pervue a load of the FNG posts....
my local gunsmith refuses to work on any AR's because of the damages (and deaths) they've caused to US Military... your thoughts?
Pleased t' meet ya~
SL

SMOKINLIZARD
02-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm SURE this is the WRONG place to ask this question....
but why can't I log back in (but only to this link >seems i can< but not to other links?

thnks

ERR, NEVER MIND...

I seem to have snuck back in...:0)

Tangodown
02-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site. Currently serving in the United States Army as an Infantryman. I am a Staff Sergeant and currently stationed at Fort Irwin, CA. I've deployed twice with my first unit, The 10th Mountain Division.

WROL
02-21-2010, 9:11 PM
Hi all, I have been checking out the forum for a while. Found tons of useful info and decided to register in case I feel like contributing.

keneva
02-25-2010, 5:23 AM
I have been here for a while and think this is a great site. I am wanting to change my screen name to the one that I use for my alias in Cowboy Fast Draw.

bhands
03-01-2010, 12:28 PM
hello all my name is justin and i am fresh and new to this site and guns all together. i am wanting to dive in head first and was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice on where to start opinions on maybe a beginners gun to purchase any help would be nice. thanks to all

JGutie
03-04-2010, 1:05 AM
Hey guys,
I just moved here from Washington and after being out of California for a few years. Thoroughly enjoy it, but now that I'm California, I'm not sure if the Springfield XD I own is legal here and tried googling the information and I landed here. Hopefully, I can learn about other firearms as I go along here.

Strpd_Up_Brotha
03-04-2010, 1:36 PM
Welcome....You must have XDM.:38:

jdberger
03-04-2010, 2:11 PM
Hey guys,
I just moved here from Washington and after being out of California for a few years. Thoroughly enjoy it, but now that I'm California, I'm not sure if the Springfield XD I own is legal here and tried googling the information and I landed here. Hopefully, I can learn about other firearms as I go along here.

If you brought it in, you're fine (though the mag has to be 10 rounds or less).

You do need to hop on the BOF site and fill out a NEW RESIDENT HANDGUN OWNERSHIP REPORT. (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991.php) It'll cost you $19 per handgun.

You have 60 days to do this.

Welcome to California. ;)

bplvr
03-04-2010, 8:50 PM
I have been here for a while and think this is a great site. I am wanting to change my screen name to the one that I use for my alias in Cowboy Fast Draw.
+++
Watch out for the people that lurk in the C&R forum ,they are all nuts!
Gotta go ,I am looking for an 1860 Colt Army........and a Mosin 91/30.
++

KsbE
03-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Hello everyone! I'm a new guy, but I really like what I see here and decided to sign up. I've had my dad's old 22 bolt action rifle since I was 20 or so (52 yrs old now), but last summer something pushed me to purchase a Glock 17. My first pistol. Since then, I've become very interested in all aspects of ownership and found my way to this forum through researching the legal aspects of carrying (CCW and Open Carry). I have applied for a CCW permit about 6 months ago. They say it can take up to a year.

pullnshoot25
03-07-2010, 12:49 AM
hello all my name is justin and i am fresh and new to this site and guns all together. i am wanting to dive in head first and was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice on where to start opinions on maybe a beginners gun to purchase any help would be nice. thanks to all

Shoot me a PM. The Marksmanship Club @ UCSD actually does first-time gun buyer workshops for Club members and I can assist.

Hey guys,

Springfield XD is legal.

pitdog
03-07-2010, 9:18 AM
Hello all... Newbe here referred by a couple members from "The Outdoors Forum", Bishop and DKscott.

Great forum! I looked around a while and I like what I see, and read.

I was looking into selling a gun and they suggested that I sell it here. Looks like I found a new home in the process. I look forward to making some new friends.:cheers2:

BatBoy2 75
03-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Hello!

Long time lurker that has decided it was time to join and contribute.

I first stumbled upon Calguns while doing research on building my first AR-15.

JGutie
03-09-2010, 2:51 AM
If you brought it in, you're fine (though the mag has to be 10 rounds or less).

You do need to hop on the BOF site and fill out a NEW RESIDENT HANDGUN OWNERSHIP REPORT. (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991.php) It'll cost you $19 per handgun.

You have 60 days to do this.

Welcome to California. ;)

Thanks for the welcome and the information. Does the time start when I actually move to California, when I receive my CA DL, or when the weapon is brought into the state? As of yet, I'm keeping weapon locked up in my safe in a family member's house in WA and was planning on bringing it down when the DMV decides that it'd be a good idea to send me the DL...it's been going on 3 and a half weeks now.

2Cute2Shoot
03-10-2010, 9:28 AM
Hi, I'm new here. I don't know if I'll fit in here. 1st, I'm a girl, 2nd, I don't have knowledge about guns, so I hope everyone here is understanding of a learner. I plan to just mainly read and hopefully get better!

jdberger
03-10-2010, 9:37 AM
Welcome to the forum.

We actually have quite a few women here. Check out the Ladies Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=153).

Let us know if you have questions.

CH52
03-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Hello, from the gateway to the goldfields. Not much to say about me, I like to hunt and fish.

Zomgie
03-10-2010, 2:58 PM
Just getting into shooting 'solo' and I've been finding this site helpful so thought I'd join up :)

Grew up in NorCal shooting at home, with friends and in Scouts; now I'm in SoCal and am realizing that having to find actual 'designated shooting areas' really sucks.

neckocamp
03-11-2010, 10:07 AM
hello everyone. im also new to this site but have been on it a couple times before. i am looking into building an ar sometime but for now i have two complete one's a bought. and thanks to all the people who help keep this site up and running.

TheSeeker
03-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Hello Everyone, I am new to the site. I am a firearms enthusiast, I am interested in training courses for intermediate and above, Also I am very interested in any type of martial art focusing on the use of firearms, because I am a Martial arts enthusiast as well. I have lots of questions, I look forward to conversing with everyone.

Mike

ddog437
03-11-2010, 3:33 PM
hello yall, im a gun newbie, been thinking about getting myself a nice bolt action rifle for some times, just want to get more info about the availability/costs etc.

Rebellious
03-11-2010, 7:13 PM
First, thank you to everyone who made this forum possible. New to Calguns. Friend of mine recommended the site. Always have had a passion for firearms. Currently building my 3rd black rifle as a sniper rifle. Am I allowed to call it an OSR? anyways I'll figure out how to post some pics of the family. Looking forward to being a part of this forum. The name is Rebellious but my friends call me Rebel. :D

TheDaggle
03-11-2010, 9:09 PM
Hey Calguns, noob here, thanks for maintaining such an informative site (I've been lurking a but lately:))

BluNorthern
03-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Wanted to take a minute to say hi. Moving back to Cali after a 24 year absence. Have had a CCW for the last 6 years from Idaho, and have to admit to
being a little dismayed at the gun laws:confused: here in my native state. Found this site while researching what does and does not fly as far as carrying, firearms, etc. in Cali and am glad I did...."Personal Firearm Importer?!!". Anyways, I will be moving to Butte County, my home county and seemingly a little less stringent about concealed carry than other locales. We'll see I guess.

spicadog
03-14-2010, 4:45 AM
Hello. I was born and raised in CA but now live out of state. I'm just posting to say hi

fiddleville
03-14-2010, 1:47 PM
hello new member and future gun holder at 20 years of age i just want to know whats needed to purchase 1 what do i have to do i really want 1 for home security the neighborhood is getting a little iffy a couple break ins and yea some 1 pm me or sumthn by the way my names fidel from richmond ,ca

DesertFoxjd24
03-15-2010, 12:54 AM
New to the forums. Was referred to this website at a gun show in Ontario, so far it's given me a lot of useful info on California legal firearms.

- DesertFoxjd24

woodsoup
03-15-2010, 9:46 AM
New to the site, but not to guns.
No I'm not from California, I'm "from" New York and currently live in North Carolina.
What the heck do I want here? Well this site keeps jumping up in the other forums/boards I'm a member of, so curiosity got the best of me so I joined up. That's pretty much it. Hope I can add and subtract some wisdom.

Thanx,
Pete C.

jdberger
03-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Welcome to Calguns, Pete.

We're fighting the good fight out here. Glad to have you aboard.

Cowboy T
03-17-2010, 9:31 AM
Hi folks,

Another one here who learned about the forum and decided to join up. My purpose for being here is to encourage and help those who don't handload to get into the hobby. When I heard abpit AB 962 and what's going to happen come February 2011, I decided, "don't get mad...get others educated!"

To get people into the reloading hobby, it's got to be affordable, both money- and time-wise. So that will be my particular focus. You'll therefore see me referring to Lee gear most of the time (no, I don't work for them or have a stake in them). I don't give a rip about "brand-name elite" considerations; I just want lots more people to start reloading.

Here's what I'm about.

http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/

Safe shootin',

- Cowboy T

NorCal*Shooter
03-18-2010, 2:09 PM
just wanted to say hey! I've been looking at this site for years for research, opinions and ideas. the site has helped with a lot of decisions regarding my builds and buys. I finally decided to sign on. i'll get avatars, quotes and pics of firearm family posted asap.

NorCal*Shooter
03-19-2010, 7:47 PM
Got it!! I figured out how post a pic.

OK, an intro to my family.

Winchester model 25.................................left to me by my father
Norica .177 pellet gun...............................had it since i was a kid. just killed an unruly woodpecker last week with it
Glock 19 w/ crimson trace......................... had it for 11 years NO issues yet and thousands of rounds through it. a few FTF's due to a crappy aftermarket mag
HK P2000SK........................................... .just got it a few months ago. no complaints yet
AR-style rifle from Sun Devil OLL.................Love it!!
GSG-5SD rifle..........................................got it last december. haven't shot it yet.
(1) Sun Devil OLL....................................has a CMMG LPK in it. Selling it to a buddie to fund possibly an AK build. then again I might just use the $ for ammo
(2) Spike's Tactical lowers.........................just ordered Armalite lpk and magpul MIAD full grip kit to start another build
(1) POF AR10 style .308 OLL......................they are pricey to build, but i gotta have it!
(4) NDS-3 Romy-G AK style OLL's...............can't wait to get these built
(4) SW94 MP5/HK94 style OLL's.................these are pricey to build as well. I will be listing two of them to sell. too pricey to build all 4
i also had to throw in the can of OC, CS grenade and the PR-24

http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/260/431/5031

BobbyXD9
03-20-2010, 4:49 AM
Hello Calguns. Although my interest in guns is not as keen as my interest in the right to own them, I'm looking forward to making some new friends. I never owned a gun until I moved here to CA 6 years ago. I guess it's so easy to buy and carry in my native Virginia, (I lived 3 miles from NRA Headquartwers)it didn't really seem that important. Once I arrived here i felt I'd better but them while I still can.

Although I bought a pistol,(guess which) I wanted to be counted among those who purchased arms between the time Osama Barak was elected and his inauguration so I made friends with Mr. Mossberg.

My main interest is politics and I work on the campaign for the only conservative running for governor in CA Chelene Nightingale, www.nightingaleforgovernor.com. She will do all she can to restore our 2nd Amendment rights here in the Granola State, (fruits, nuts & flakes). As a result I tend to be very political, perhaps overly so. If I go out of bounds just let me know and I will either tone it down or get myself booted off, LOL.

BobbyXD9
03-20-2010, 4:50 AM
bump

drrwd40
03-20-2010, 1:47 PM
rem 700 LTR .308

Rem 700 VSF 22-250

Beretta 391 12 guage, black

Glock .45 compact

if you hear of anyone interested to know more...reach out to me...

Dan

Professorxxx
03-20-2010, 8:44 PM
I am new the Calguns. Interested mostly in getting an AR15.

thisone07
03-20-2010, 11:45 PM
I was turned on to this site by my friend who I shoot with. Glad to be here.

kickitsimple
03-21-2010, 5:56 PM
Glad to be here people!

Chris89002
03-22-2010, 1:51 AM
I just started my first build and couldn't have done it without CalGuns. There is ALOT of BS out there especially pertaining to CA laws. My FFL was Mad River Arms in Riverbank, cool guy. He told me I should sign up and here I am. Thanks Guys.

Jeep Wave
03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Hello all. Avid shooter here. Came across this site by accident so I thought I might as well join in.

SemperFi
03-24-2010, 10:55 PM
I joined this site some time last year when looking up CA gun laws but had to deploy so it's been a while since I came back on here...

I own one gun that I bought back in 99 (take a wild guess which one) Want to own and have at least 2 guns and a shotgun around the house before we are not allowed to in this state (or move).

The gun laws here in CA are crap so I also wish to stay informed on anything that goes on regarding the 2nd amendment as far as this state is concerned.

Thanks
Jaime

Tadjman
03-24-2010, 11:39 PM
greetings all,
new member here and already rec'd several good links and msgs. thanks and let's get it goin'............

Btown
03-25-2010, 9:07 AM
Wassup ya'all! Hoping I can learn something here about some of the kick-a** weapons I'll be buying over the next few months. Just got hired security for a major office complex here in Belmont CA, northern Cali. My interests lie in sawed off shotguns, tactical equip, and basically getting fitted out like our boys overseas! So be cool and share you're info w/the new guy! Pease!

jdberger
03-25-2010, 9:48 AM
Wassup ya'all! Hoping I can learn something here about some of the kick-a** weapons I'll be buying over the next few months. Just got hired security for a major office complex here in Belmont CA, northern Cali. My interests lie in sawed off shotguns, tactical equip, and basically getting fitted out like our boys overseas! So be cool and share you're info w/the new guy! Pease!

Hi and welcome to Calguns.

Just so you know - for the most part, "sawed off shotguns" are illegal in California and highly regulated by the Federal government. So are the machine guns used by soldiers.

Please poke around and read a bit. The following articles, threads and items might be interesting and useful:

California AW flow chart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf)
How not to get arrested for your OLL (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186405)
The Rules (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=38468)
The Calguns Acronym Thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606)

Btown
03-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi and welcome to Calguns.

Just so you know - for the most part, "sawed off shotguns" are illegal in California and highly regulated by the Federal government. So are the machine guns used by soldiers.

Please poke around and read a bit. The following articles, threads and items might be interesting and useful:

California AW flow chart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf)
How not to get arrested for your OLL (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186405)
The Rules (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=38468)
The Calguns Acronym Thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606)

Thanks man, I'll do that. Like I said, I know next to nothing about the gun laws. Thought just criminals couldn't have guns..but guess it applies to all of us. I'll try to educate myself and avoid posting stupidity!

BIG_G
03-25-2010, 2:23 PM
Hello, I am very glad that you folks have created this forum.

I am the NCOIC for a small arms training cell within the California Army National Guard. We recently participated in the 2010 All Army Small Arms Marksmanship Championships at Ft. Benning, GA.

Our Soldiers represented California well, we came in 11th overall in team competition, and 7th in pistol team competition. There were 47 teams from all over the US Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard.

One of our Soldiers won the overall pistol competition in Open class. Another came in third overall pistol competition in Novice class. We are located at Camp Roberts, CA. We held the first NG state match in over 15 years last year at Camp Roberts, CA in June. We plan to hold the California Combat Match this year at Camp Roberts, CA in September.

Unfortunately, for now these matches are only open to US Military personnel. But we are open to the idea of expanding and cooperating with Californians to develop community interest and participation. This years match will be very exciting and include Rifle & Pistol EIC, Combat Rifle & Pistol events, and a Combined Arms Match that will include rifle, pistol, and machine gun. We had hoped to add the M500 shotgun, but we were not able to make that happen this year. We are NOT interested in developing any hi power programs or matches. We shoot only as issued military weapons, without modification and standard military ammunition.

We have secured some sponsorship from some interesting vendors. I welcome dialogue with civilians interested in our program.

Best Regards,

SFC G.

jdberger
03-28-2010, 8:40 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the information. Does the time start when I actually move to California, when I receive my CA DL, or when the weapon is brought into the state? As of yet, I'm keeping weapon locked up in my safe in a family member's house in WA and was planning on bringing it down when the DMV decides that it'd be a good idea to send me the DL...it's been going on 3 and a half weeks now.

Whoops, sorry I missed this.

The clock starts running when you import the gun.

Citizen 14
03-30-2010, 6:08 PM
Hey everybody, checking in from the Bay Area. Just reading, taking notes and trying to learn all I can from the good folks here. I hope to be able to contribute something positive to the conversation as time goes by.

Thanks Russ

Ar180shooter
04-01-2010, 5:56 PM
Hello from Canada.

Hi, I found this site and thought I'd join to keep informed about what's happening with our neighbors to the south. :)

Cheers,
Ar180shooter

707jdarr
04-02-2010, 8:25 AM
Just want to introduce myself. I'm 22 and just gettin into the ar scene and want to expand
My knowledge about it. I maybe young but I've been hunting and target shooting sense I got my license at age 7 so I know my way around a firearm. Hope to learn a lot from everyone here and thank you for putting together this awesome site!

iolaus
04-04-2010, 5:40 PM
Greetings. I became a member a long time ago, and have visited to lurk occasionally since then; but I just made my first post and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jeff, and I am a returned university student. I spent a lot of time on the FAL-Files a few years back - so if anyone recognizes my handle, yes, it's the same guy - but most of my Forum time is now spent on a Bronco site. I'd have to admit that I own guns more than shoot them, mainly due to financial and time constraints.

I can't promise that I will be here often; but I have found that the info here is good, and specific to Kali, so I keep coming back.

Anyway, hi. http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/717004/fullsize/biggthumpup.gif

slobson
04-05-2010, 9:12 PM
I've read all the beginner stickies I can find, but I didn't see any info about the itrader system; as a result, in trying to complete a transaction with a member, I got whined at by him when I asked to see his ebay feedback profile (again, not knowing that there is an identical system on this forum) and then told he no longer wanted to sell to me. his prerogative, lesson learned by me, just something for the mods to think about. and let me add the disclaimer that was implied in the above: NOOB ALERT! if such a sticky already exists, then my apologies I couldn't find it

rkt88edmo
04-06-2010, 6:52 AM
Thanks, we'll take a look.

wake5150
04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Hello All,

New to the site. Glad to be here. I've read some posts here in the past, and learned a couple of things here and there. Thought I'd join and help contribute.

-Peace...

riskofwater
04-06-2010, 3:42 PM
hey there, buddy of mine i was in iraq with poined me this direction. glad i can be part of the forums!

santamonica9
04-07-2010, 7:47 PM
just wanted to say hello from santa monica - God Bless USA

:79:

Smoooth
04-08-2010, 5:20 PM
Howdy from the city of trees! Long time reader first time poster

OMGofWar
04-09-2010, 10:19 AM
hey everyone, noob here from Pasadena by way of GlockTalk.com.

nice place you have here!

West545
04-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to all this in a way. Benn a gun fanatic since I was 5. Couldn't get into real shooting due to family views and still being a minor at the time. finally on my own and bought my first Shot gun a week ago. Planning on getting my first AR or FAL shortly.

Sh00tFurst
04-11-2010, 6:23 PM
Hello calguns. I've been on this site before from time to time. Mainly it was to check up on laws and such. I never really had the need to register up until now. I was at the range and I sparked a conversation with the shooter next to me. We got to talking about calguns and the marketplace that was like a "craigslist for shooters." Anyways, I got some things to sell and things I'm looking to buy. So that's probably what I'll be here for mostly.

I go by Jr. and I'm mainly in the Bay Area. I'm 27, married, and got a 4 year old boy. I've been shooting since I was a kid. Ah, that's it for now. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Take care.

Stephen83
04-13-2010, 12:24 AM
New member here! This is a great forum for those who appreciate and like to choose to exercise our 2A rights!

I've been doing some WW2 re-enacting in the past and have a handful of the vintage battle rifles and pistol but I am looking for something modern lately and plan on doing a lot of research on this forum. Time to dig in!

monst3r
04-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi everybody! Southern Californian here, born and raised in the county of Orange. Recently getting into AR15's and working on building my own. Have always known about this forum but never registered, now I wish I had done so sooner! Great company and advice, looking forward to exchange knowledge and "LOL"s.

winnre
04-13-2010, 4:33 PM
Hi all. I spent 30 years in the Army. The last firearm I bought in a California gun store was in 1984. Paperwork was short and sweet and you could buy anything off the shelf. 1911A1 with 15 round mag, Mac-10, AR15, you name it. Most stuff under $500 too.

Uncle Sam gave me more firearms than I could possibly enjoy in a lifetime. M16A1, M16A2, M4, M9, AT4, you name it I probably shot it. Did a few tours in the sandbox too.

Now I sit here going to re-arm myself again only to find the strangest laws. Bullet buttons? Safe lists? Caliber limits? Purchase limits? Funny, I don't feel any safer.

Anyway I acknowledge that you guys know much more than me so I will try to limit myself to what I know, toss in some humor here and there, and learn as much as I can.

Thanks in advance for your patience with me.

zzz
04-14-2010, 3:12 PM
hello folks,getting back in the swing of things...finally..just wanted to say hi...i do have a question though..i can't remember how to enter an idem for sale??????H E L P please.

LINKS001
04-14-2010, 5:27 PM
HEY GUYS/GALS,

YES, I AM A NEW TO CALGUNS. I'M READY FOR AN OLL NOW, HERE I AM RESEARCHING AND LOOKING FOR MY NEWEST CA LEGAL OLL. LEARNING THE CAL LAWS TOO, MUCH MORE TO KNOW. BUT I'M HERE BECAUSE I AM MAYBE LIKE YOU AND YOU ARE MAYBE LIKE ME, A OLL AND DRAG CAR ENTHUSIAST.

jeff francis
04-15-2010, 8:31 AM
I am new to this.I just registered and I would like to show some pics of targets I make.how do I do that.I have tried and I am totally lost.Please help.

pullnshoot25
04-15-2010, 8:59 AM
I am new to this.I just registered and I would like to show some pics of targets I make.how do I do that.I have tried and I am totally lost.Please help.

Upload to photobucket and send us a link!

dee-mo
04-15-2010, 9:49 PM
Hey calgunners...just wanted to say that i've been lurking on the site for a little while now. I haven't been in the scene for almost ten years now and am itching to start up again. Awesome site for getting back and re-learning everything. Built up an AR15 about 10 yrs ago. Want to try and get into handguns as well. Looking forward to learning and contributing.

Sh00tFurst
04-15-2010, 9:50 PM
Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Get ready to learn, laugh, and cry; all at the same time.

Chaos47
04-17-2010, 3:29 AM
Hi everyone! Been a reader for a while, seems like a great place so I thought I should finally join.

prsabordo
04-17-2010, 1:09 PM
Hey, i have been on the forums for about two weeks now and i still can't post new threads. Any reason why?

Sh00tFurst
04-17-2010, 3:06 PM
Check your email. You need to verify first by clicking the link. That's my guess.

and welcome to CG!

prsabordo
04-18-2010, 8:40 AM
Thanks, and tried it, doesn't work.

Sh00tFurst
04-18-2010, 1:09 PM
Well, explain to us what happens when you try to post new threads. Maybe we can help.

Rhythm of Life
04-18-2010, 1:41 PM
In this forum you will find ( After we've had some time to move, make or link to them ) threads with some basic forum information such as how to post pictures and polls. You will also find links to various threads, documents and FAQs regarding some of the more commonly asked questions.

This forum also serves as a place to introduce yourself to the rest of the members. So let us know a little about yourself! ;)

Well, Kestryll came into my work today sporting a Cal Guns shirt and we started talking, now I'm a member :)

I've been shooting since I was 11 currently 20, I own a Remington 870 Express 12 gauge, and a Marlin Model 795 .22LR

Got my hunters safety and my Eagle Scout.

If anyone is around the Northridge, CA Big 5 don't be afraid to say hello.

gh916
04-19-2010, 9:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

Been using calguns as a resource for about a year helping to decide on a handgun, as well as learning the procedures for buying in CA. Finally did... & am super happy. Just thought I should finally join & help when I can.

Thanks to all for the accumulation of knowledge!

Chester
04-19-2010, 2:50 PM
New to CalGuns here, 3rd post (had to make my first post in the handgun wait support thread first, though).

Been lurking around for a couple of months and I have to say, the information on this site has been invaluable as I used it to answer all of the questions I had regarding building a CA legal AR-15 with 100% confidence.

That said, I've been extremely hesitant to join the community here given my political standings (I'm not a Socialist or Democrat, but I do actually like Obama) and anti-religious views, I honestly didn't know whether or not it'd be a good idea to join up.

However, this being an introductory thread, I like to think that given different views aside, we might be able to get along still on the common ground that I hold personal freedom and the rights defined in our Constitution as the most important thing in my life and the fact that I too am here as a gun owner.

So... while some of us will undoubtadly not get along, it's not my intention to tell you you're wrong and trample all over your freedoms in the interest of my own opinions and beliefs. I'm just another gun owning American and I'm happy to be a part of the CalGuns community.

SoCalMX70
04-20-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm new and I dunno what to do! jk, been reading posts here for several months and I just joined up about a week or so ago. GREAT PLACE. I have no reason to go to any other website for ANYTHING gun related.

I grew up shooting and hunting with my dad and I miss it, so I'm looking into getting my first handgun followed by my first hunting rifle. I'm absorbing all the info I can before I dive into my first purchase... I know a lot more than I did a couple months ago, but I still feel like a total "noob"! I'm just glad that just about everyone here is friendly and is willing to help if I decide to ask questions.

Thanks for an amazing website/forum and all the info that goes with it! I'll post my first thread after my first purchase...

kemper
04-20-2010, 10:11 PM
just joined as well. been lurking around for a while and decided to pull the trigger.

hello everyone! i'm doing a couple things to my mossberg and will be sure to post some pics when i'm able :)

neuron
04-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Been posting here for a while, but decided to bite the bullet and contribute by officially joining CGN!:)

wsmc27
04-23-2010, 8:13 PM
Hello, just joined here. Have a variety if handguns n' rifles...used to shoot a lot many years ago and kinda gettin' the itch again.

Many thanks to so many for great information on Kali AW laws. Also with various equipment mods and such...looked at a few threads so far and it's great info.

Have a great weekend! :)

rubisco
04-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Hello all,

I'm a first-time gun owner in Los Angeles. I'm currently waiting for my first handgun to be picked up (24 hours!!). I was set on buying something cheaper first (CZ75 BD), but I found a used Swiss police SIG-Sauer P228 for the same price, so I got that instead. I frequent the LA Gun Club as well as thefiringline.com forums. Hope to learn a lot of things and make friends!

Rubisco

Term
04-25-2010, 1:03 PM
HI,
Just joined up, lots of great info here. Love it.
I have Been away from Shooting for about a decade, feeling the urge again.:)

Mike_Scurvy
04-25-2010, 2:24 PM
Hey Calguners,

I have been lurking on this site for quite a bit. Being a first generation gun owner, there is so much to learn. I just sit back and learn from all of you. :)

Nevada Hudson
04-25-2010, 5:17 PM
Heard of this site and just joined today.Used to live in beautiful Sonoma County, Santa Rosa, Windsor. Moved out (To Carson City Nevada area) because it changed for the worse due to "migration" and political leadership. Really happy to see this common sense site. A breath of fresh air! Most of my guns here are illegal in California! Anyway, we still love California, but not the way it's run.
Hopefully, common sense can someday prevail.

Rock Cowles
04-25-2010, 9:19 PM
Hi folks. I'm Rock Cowles. I found out about Calguns from Ben Cannon of GunPal. I am not a CA resident, but CA seems to be leading the pack in insane gun and knife laws, which I am very concerned about, so I figured the occasional peek in would be a good idea.

I am a former LEO, sailor, and soldier. I am a bit of a gun and knife nut. I have owned eighteen Glocks, as well as firearms from S&W, Walther, Colt, Sig Sauer, Ruger, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Charter Arms, Rossi, Freedom Arms, Mossburg, and several others.

I am an active member on two knife forums, KnifeDogs.com (http://knifedogs.com) and JerzeeDevil.com (http://jerzeedevil.com). I am Rock on both of them.

Currently I am a graphic artist, caricaturist, and web site designer.

RONSERESURPLUS
04-26-2010, 1:45 PM
HELLO ALL

Ron L here new to the forum and wanted to stop in and say hello! Hope to see ya around the forum!

Ron

Reddbojo
04-26-2010, 4:29 PM
Taking care of the introduction plesentries, pay respects to all the old forum guard here.
Names Redd, but seeing how that's taken...I'm in as Reddbojo.
I'm a Nam Vet. Life Member VFW, Life Member 101st Airborne Assoc, Member NRA, Patriot Guard Rider.
Glad to be here. I'll try and get to know as many here as I can and hope to learn allot from you old timers...if not in years, then in knowledge.
Redd

Donner
04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
I've been lurking here a while. As I become more interested in protecting our rights, I want to participate as much as I can -- So I joined CALGUNS!
Been shooting -- off and on -- since childhood. Back then, if we wanted to shoot we just went into the woods.
I am now an active NRA member, instructor and training counselor in the areas of pistol, rifle, shotgun, personal protection, range safety officer and reloading.
I look forward to learning and sharing here.

HankXD40
04-28-2010, 9:55 PM
Howdy all!!

Thanks to whom ever set up this Forum, it is awesome!!

GŁnter
05-02-2010, 7:52 PM
Hey Calgunners,
I've been lurking around for a while but I just decided to join today. I own few rifles, and started getting into handguns, love them all.

Thanks for hosting this wonderful forum!

dunc289
05-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Hello all.

I still have a deal of paperwork to get through before I'm allowed to join in. But this site, and the brain trust in it, have already been a great source of advice. Thanks.

Here's the facts.

English
Legal Alien
Love California.
LOVE the constitution. (More than most yanks it seems).

Currently own... Thumbs, knees, feet, fists, brain etc, and the will to use them.

Would get.....Browning Hi Power. (Good enough for the SAS, good enough for me)
Will get........Hi Point 9mm. (Goes bang. Can still be effective even when empty.)

All the very best to you all.
Stay safe.

rosiejons5
05-03-2010, 8:05 AM
I am Rosie from USA. Just joined the forum and dropped in to say hi to everybody :)

R (http://exzorders.com/)o (http://resellgoldclub.com/)s (http://detnoxregistrycleaner.com/)i (http://besthelptips.com/)e (http://digitalpicsmanager.com/) Jo (http://easypicsmanager.com/)n (http://imagearranger.com/)es (http://www.mosttalkednews.com/)r (http://nuttiecontent.com)o (http://financeplr.com)n (http://fatlossplr.com)a (http://implrs.com)ld (http://seasonalplr.com) C (http://datingplr.com)r (http://onestepreviews.com)uz (http://halloweenproductreviews.com)a (http://xmasproductreviews.com/)g (http://fatgoneproductreviews.com/)

mk443
05-03-2010, 12:10 PM
if i have a gun listed in the firearms for sale section and want to add a second gun to the add how do i change the title of the add to show there is a second gun??

69Mach1
05-03-2010, 12:14 PM
if i have a gun listed in the firearms for sale section and want to add a second gun to the add how do i change the title of the add to show there is a second gun??

Hit "Edit" , then "Go Advanced".

And welcome to all of the new members.

spiderpigs
05-04-2010, 2:38 PM
Hello all, I dont really shoot anything but my buddies guns. Was reading around to try and find out where to get started and whatnot. Trying to figure out if I can get a hand me down from my mother in OK, still unsure about that but the rest of the info has been great.

One of these days I will actually buy something myself!

DRX350
05-04-2010, 4:44 PM
Hey all, I am Bob (AKA the DRX).

Just got into the hobby, I've got a Yugo M24/47 8mm Mauser and found it to be a suprisingly accurate weapon.

I am an Industrial and Agriculture equipment mechanic by trade and am an avid dirt biker.

Thanks,
DRX

ducktape
05-05-2010, 8:55 AM
Hello,
Been reading for about a year, but I've now become interested enough in guns that my friends are getting tired of hearing me yap about them. I have a Beretta Px4 9 and a Ruger SR-556, and have just yesterday ordered the Ares RCU and a Mk III to go along with it. There isn't a whole lot written about it yet, so I'm kind of going in blind.
Anyways, looking forward to some good discussion!

FatalKitty
05-05-2010, 1:38 PM
How do I delete my account at calguns?

I came Here to learn, be educated on ca gun rights, discuss guns and related issues with people of similar concern... I have grown up in a home that strongly supported gun control... I have always just assumed the general public didn't need guns, I feel much different now and am attempting to overcome some of the misconceptions I had/have about gun rights and general firearms. Unfortunately it seams that calguns has no interest on educating there general public as every question and comment I have posted has been met with insult, negativity, and rudeness... with no real sunject that I can read and learn from other than that nearly everyone here seams to be some fanatic wielding a gun and hoping someone will give them a reason to use it.

Ill take my questions/concerns to a community that actually puts effort into repsonding objectively and with maturity.

rkt88edmo
05-05-2010, 1:49 PM
Unfortunately it seams that calguns has no interest on educating there general public as every question and comment I have posted has been met with insult, negativity, and rudeness... with no real sunject that I can read and learn from other than that nearly everyone here seams to be some fanatic wielding a gun and hoping someone will give them a reason to use it.

Ill take my questions/concerns to a community that actually puts effort into repsonding objectively and with maturity.

If you feel someone is breaking the rules with personal insults, please report the post by clicking on the triangle in the upper right hand corner.

Otherwise, good luck on your search.

jdberger
05-05-2010, 2:34 PM
Honestly, I took a quick look at the posts and don't see what FatalKitty is complaining about.

Like the mod said, if you feel that someone is being insulting, report the post.

If you want to learn, take a look at the stickied threads.

ENblock
05-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I just registerd, but being new to the use of the internet, can'nt figure out how to
installe an avatar with my user name (ENblock)?

Can enyone help?

hellbent13
05-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Hello everyone!!! I'm new to this site and group.

I want to add a silencer to my M4, is this illegal in Ca?

Thanks,

HB

jdberger
05-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Hello everyone!!! I'm new to this site and group.

I want to add a silencer to my M4, is this illegal in Ca?

Thanks,

HB

We're talking about the .223/5.56 rifle, correct?

First, notwithstanding some very narrow exceptions, owning an M4 in California is illegal.

Owning an M4 clone, either constructed on a RAW or an OLL reciever is not (still assuming that the M4 is a semi-auto).

Second, with additional very narrow exceptions, sound suppressors are illegal under California law.

Please, take a look at the California AW ID Flowchart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf)(linked here but also above in the blue bar) and spend some time in the Rifle and 2nd Amendment forums. There's a lot to learn and California laws are pretty confused.

Finally, welcome to the forum!

hellbent13
05-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Thank you replying so promptly. Yes I own a bushmaster 5.56/.223 rifle. Your telling me this rifle is illegal here in Ca?

absc280
05-11-2010, 8:22 PM
Made my first deal from the "private fire arms sale" from this forum. Going to meet up Thursday to complete the transaction and start my waiting period from IronSights in Oceanside. I'm really excited. Thanks CalGuns.net!!!

BryanB
05-13-2010, 8:35 PM
Good Evening Gents,

I am glad to be on here and look forward to sharing and learning from my fellow brothers in arms :-).

beanok
05-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Good morning every one!

eddiefromcali
05-15-2010, 11:25 PM
FNG with a G23 here...owned it for a couple months now, loving it so far.

valleymed
05-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Where on the site can I find a list of abreviations used. Im new and feel like a dumb a**. If someone could put me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

BobbyXD9
05-18-2010, 7:06 AM
What a great idea. In fact, an entire glossary would be of fabulous benefit! Maybe members could contribute definitions and have someone log them in alphabetically. Even though I'll admit to being ignorant about guns in general, I'll offer the first entry. Gun control; Euphemism for the liberal attempts to subvert the Second Amentment of the US Constitution. See entries at Brady, Stalin, Hitler, Washington, D.C.

Hopi
05-18-2010, 9:32 AM
Where on the site can I find a list of abreviations used. Im new and feel like a dumb a**. If someone could put me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606&highlight=acronyms

Welcome to Calguns!

didypan
05-18-2010, 1:37 PM
Greetings everyone! Excited to be part of the community!

JfroSRT8
05-18-2010, 1:56 PM
Hows it goin everyone, been target shooting for a little while with my dads guns and just recently bought my own. Im addicted. Startin a CA legal AR build, excited to get some info from this site

BobbyXD9
05-18-2010, 2:50 PM
TYSM, (Thank You So Much), Hopi!

bsg
05-18-2010, 5:54 PM
welcome to the forum didypan and JfroSRT8....

gunwurkz
05-18-2010, 6:18 PM
What's going on everyone, anyone from Bay Area?

the rambler
05-18-2010, 7:49 PM
Hi all, I bought my first gun last January, and can happily say I'm now addicted to buying more :D

My favorite handgun so far is my .44 Mag Ruger Redhawk, and my fav rifle is my 1953 Marlin 336(pre safety:yes:)

I thought this site offered a good resource, so I joined...

FF/EMT Nick
05-19-2010, 8:22 AM
Hello everyone,

I come from a different forum, but found this one through them. I believe we need to unite to fight for our 2A rights, and this state is at the bottom of the list. I'm all for getting together and discussing our individual rights to keep and bear arms, so this site looks like a good fit for me.:D

I just recently bought my first handgun in california (Springfield XD .40 Service Model), and now have my eye on a Charles Daley M4. I'm applying for my CCW, and looking forward to being active in ISPA and other competition shooting.

Looking forward to being an active member in this great forum.:79:

BobbyXD9
05-19-2010, 1:18 PM
Welcome Nick. Nice to see a fellow XD fan. If you live here in Orange Co. your ability to obtain a CCW permit will most likely get easier after the November election. Hopefully Bill Hunt gets elected then.

harvrbt
05-19-2010, 5:14 PM
Howdy, found this site when a friend sent me the link about the 1917 Colt that a fellow was looking for info on (Info on Marine who owned my S&W 1917). I subscribe to a few forums, I am very active on a Timeshare one and have never read anything like this!! I am a gun owner for over 46 years and recieved my first hunting license in that same year at the age of 12. I love shooting skeet and well just about anything. Own numerous guns for fun and home protection.

FF/EMT Nick
05-19-2010, 5:15 PM
Actually I'm in RivCo, and for all intents and purposes, Sheriff Sniff appears to be accepting PP/SD as GC even though the RCSO web site says differen'tly. He has to stay under the DOJ radar after all.:D

BobbyXD9
05-19-2010, 5:35 PM
Welcome to you both. As you can see, I'm quite new here myself.

+etco2
05-19-2010, 9:24 PM
I have been lurking here for a few months. I learned so much that I felt compelled to sign up and contribute financially to this worthy foundation. Thanks for all the good information.

Reductio
05-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Found this forum actually looking for a ideas on modifying my tactical shotgun, and after lurking around a couple weeks, now you guys have sold me on building my own AR-15... thanks for using all the disposable income of a college student. :p

Seriously though, this forum has really educated me, and I'm lining up a far too expensive order on riflegear.com, so don't take that MOE rifle kit off sale yet!!!!

duhast
05-22-2010, 7:07 PM
Newbie here. Owned guns for 51 years, had 3 wives, raised 2 kids and have a granddaughter. U.S. Navy 'Nam vet. 6 tattoos and ride a Harley. Own my home.

And for the life of me, can't understand *&@#^%!@ 922r.

Wolfsix
05-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Just became a member...been lurking for awhile. Hope to inprove my skill set from the senior members.

shabalula
05-23-2010, 3:00 PM
Hi all. Just joined up. I have only one gun (so far). Its a Mossberg 500 I bought a while back for HD. I'm looking to learn and find a range where I can fire it.

napakimber
05-23-2010, 8:58 PM
Hi to all, Just joined. Going to go for my CCW soon. Looking for advice.

slowdeepbreath
05-24-2010, 4:10 AM
hi everyone. dany here. i want to expand my knowledge about guns, share and receive informations and opinions from everybody. im looking forward to chatting with everybody. so stoked to be part of calguns.net

BobbyXD9
05-24-2010, 4:59 AM
Welcome guys, I'm new here as well. Great site, lots of info.

slowdeepbreath
05-24-2010, 5:53 AM
how do you add your own little personalized signature, picture, or quotation at the bottom of the message?? thanks.

Del Valek
05-24-2010, 8:37 AM
looked all over and still have not figured out how to place an ad.anybody have an idea?

nick
05-24-2010, 8:46 AM
Contact Kestryll.

Dangerpin
05-24-2010, 9:15 AM
how do you add your own little personalized signature, picture, or quotation at the bottom of the message?? thanks.

Use the User CP link at the top-right portion of the page, above the sponsors.

Rusty_Buckhorn
05-24-2010, 12:34 PM
hello CalGuns

Been lurking for awhile now.... decided to finally make an acct.

You guys have a great forum here

xrbaja
05-25-2010, 9:53 PM
Hello calguns,just signed up and im planning on learning alot before i go out to the desert (shooting) next month after a 21year hiatus.Great site!

slowdeepbreath
05-26-2010, 4:01 AM
@ dangerpin: thanks a lot. got it!:rockon:

Use the User CP link at the top-right portion of the page, above the sponsors.

buckshott higgens
05-28-2010, 2:53 PM
how do!!

qoodoo
05-28-2010, 3:17 PM
whats up new here guys....looking to research and chat it up!

Ulyses83
05-30-2010, 6:22 PM
What up PEEPs!!!!! Just Joined!;)

f3l0ny33
06-02-2010, 6:30 AM
Hello everyone! I'm excited to now be part of such a very helpful and informative site.

J.R.
06-02-2010, 8:58 PM
Cal and Guns? Seems a bit contradictory, I like it already.

J.R.

xXBigJoeXx
06-03-2010, 1:44 PM
Hello Fellow CG Memebers! New Guy on the block here, just registered today but have been checking out the site for the last couple of weeks while I was deciding what handgun to pull the trigger on and also while waiting for my BS 10 Day DROS period to end. I was gonna join earlier but dident want to "Jump The Gun" so to speak before I could bring home my pistol lol! Just bought my 1st firearm a Beretta 92fs INOX :D Been wanting this one for over 10 years! This board has some great info and I am looking forward to being an active member and probably asking a lot of questions.....

remyjoeboxer
06-05-2010, 2:42 PM
Moved back to LA from DFW a few years back, and it's different here. You guys are the best source of info. Planning on being an active and contributing member. Thanks.

ClaysCustomGrips
06-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Hello, name is Clay.
I would give credit to the guy that pointed me here but it was on Ebay.... Kangaroo?

Anyway, thought I'd stop by and check it out!

AQtahoe
06-06-2010, 6:08 PM
I am new here. I am a personal protection and home protection advocate. I was tipped off to this site at the shooting range today. So far it is great.

chedges
06-07-2010, 1:14 PM
Hi all, just wanted introduce myself. Started shooting when I was about 9 yrs. old. Haven't shot anything but a .22 rifle and 12 gauge shotguns for the last several years. Picking up a Ruger P85 this week. This will be my first handgun ever owned, can't wait to put some rounds through it.

Any tips or advice are welcome.

C

one1zero
06-07-2010, 9:11 PM
hi everyone, been reading on the forum for a few weeks in anticipation of my new saiga 7.62x39, i get to pick it up on friday from CWS. Ive learned so much from this forum and just wanted to say THANKS!
-matt

Sig Fan 55
06-08-2010, 12:50 AM
hi everyone, been reading on the forum for a few weeks in anticipation of my new saiga 7.62x39, i get to pick it up on friday from CWS. Ive learned so much from this forum and just wanted to say THANKS!
-matt

Should you need some support during the wait there are threads on 10 day wait support. They help you not go crazy waiting to pick up new toys. :)

hanover67
06-10-2010, 5:39 PM
I joined Calguns today and I'm glad to find another gun-related forum, especially designed for California shooters.

I'm 67, and have been shooting since I was 11 years old. I'm not a gun collector, but a gun accumulator. I'm a sucker for older guns with oddball calibers like .32-20. I shot Highpower matches for years, but now my arthritus prevents that, so I've turned to local smallbore matches, shilouette and 3-position.

I reload for .223, .308, .303 British, 30-06, .45ACP, .32-20, .38 Special and .44 Special when my new .44 arrives (hopefully soon).

I'm a member of the NRA, the CRPA, and the Diablo Rod & Gun Club in Concord.

pancake
06-11-2010, 4:59 PM
Hey everyone, long time lurker(2 years) and first time poster. Love this site, it has provided lots of useful information.

bsg
06-11-2010, 5:19 PM
great place... and great people; welcome to the forum.

Seiran
06-12-2010, 9:22 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Michael and I was recommended by the owner of a local gun shop.

Short summary of me: I've been shooting off and on since I was around 8, only recently <Since around 20 or so> becoming a more serious shooter. I'm 26 currently and I'm working on my degree in Administration of Justice here in our lovely state. And I'm glad to be here.

H2O MAN
06-13-2010, 5:33 AM
Hello from the great state of Georgia USA!

Phat Man Mike
06-13-2010, 6:22 AM
howdy everyone!!! :)

Ape
06-13-2010, 6:34 AM
Hello from Colorado!

dragonfly422
06-13-2010, 5:32 PM
Hello Michael. glad to have you here :)

TOA
06-14-2010, 8:23 PM
How's it going everybody? I am a new user to this forum. I find a lot of very useful information in here, but I'll keep this introduction of myself really brief and catch up with you guys later. Thanks for having me here, yall take care now. Peace!

Roaries7
06-14-2010, 9:23 PM
Hi all! New member here. Been lurking for a while. Great site with tons of great info!

michael88
06-16-2010, 1:16 PM
hello everybody!

HMBshooter
06-18-2010, 3:27 AM
Hello everyone, new guy here. I like what ive been able to learn so far, and hope to learn alot more, maybe make a few friends as well.

Art
06-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Hello dear likeminded California residents! Glad to join forces here!!!

Diesel-Gunner
06-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Thank you for reminding me that there are still some good, oldfashioned, gun-nuts in the world. Ohio transplant and I was worried that I was the only gun owner in Alameda!

TJMarc
06-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Been lurking off and on for a long time and figured it's about time I registered and eventually became a contributing member. Well thanks everyone for all of their help and hopefully I'll be able to return the favor.

jonesy
06-21-2010, 3:34 PM
jonesy here, hi all

koemandoe
06-21-2010, 6:01 PM
Hi all. Lots of great info on this site.

sammytoo718
06-28-2010, 2:11 PM
Hello

Let me introduce myself my name is Sammy or Sam. I just may be the only female in Marin County CA that is an avid supporter of our second amendment rights. I do some duck and deer hunting with BF. I have a few pistols a a rifle I shoot. I found out about this website from the guys at BullsEYE.

Sam

jdberger
06-28-2010, 2:21 PM
Welcome to Calguns, Sam. Pull up a chair and start reading. Today's an auspicious day to join our forum!

RJ7
06-28-2010, 5:05 PM
Well Hello gun nuts , I heard about this forum from a friend at Turners. I know from a few days of brousing around you've got some great info. going around. I've been throwing lead for about 28 years and I'm finally ready to join the AR crowd ( california Style ). Soon to be picking some of your brains...

lenore
06-30-2010, 8:37 PM
top of the evening to you all. I have a Bersa series 95 and am looking at the Rueger GP100.....Man just wish my wife didnt want a new couch, I would rather have the revolver....Anyway glad to be aboard and learn...

WDE91
07-01-2010, 6:21 AM
I also just joined
Im into BMW's and rimfires
Im 19
I have 3 CZ's and a 10-22, I jail broke the 10-22 on Tuesday

sabrerider
07-01-2010, 1:22 PM
Hey, been lurking for awhile soaking up information figured it's time i signed up. Everywhere i go calguns is the name that comes up.

WWDHD?
07-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Just joined today. been reading this forums for a long time. Just wanted to see what my post looked like, just talk amongst yourselfs. Don't mind me.

tjlayzer
07-02-2010, 1:00 PM
Hi, I've been somewhat lurking for the past few days , soaking up all the great information that this site and members has to offer and its a great site I must say.

shortround1
07-02-2010, 9:07 PM
Hello all, I just joined up. My e-name is shortround1, I was the result of a faulty contraceptive, I was born year of the horse and I enjoy dark cloudy days. I like my guns to be like the best women... low maintenance. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this informative forum.

PROrion
07-03-2010, 7:39 PM
Joined today. Found the site while researching AR15 and CA laws. Lots of good info here. Thanks!

Duffy
07-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi all, many of you know me from ar15.com and m4carbine.net, I'm in Malibu, CA, I probably joined a long time ago (can't remember) but I'm here now :)

I hope to contribute to this site as I have ar15.com over the years :)

MookNW
07-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey, I'm Ben. I live in WA state, but grew up in nor-cal and have family there. I frequently visit CA and will find my self shooting there in the future. Couldn't hurt to get some info before I head out. Thanks,.

pliz
07-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Just joined. Excited to see all the good stuff. =)

MrBlond
07-05-2010, 1:51 PM
2nd post, checking in.

strictlys
07-06-2010, 2:02 PM
Just joined... been spectating for a while

sumguy
07-07-2010, 8:44 AM
I just joined and wanted to introduce myself.

I found out about this site at the last Del Mar gun show.

I live in San Diego. I first shot a bolt action .22 in 1968. I used to shoot IPSC when I lived on the East Coast (I had a CCW in Massachusetts!). I also used to do some gunsmithing on 1911's and built a number of ARs back in the day.

I've got an itch to try Cowboy Action Shooting if I can convince my wife that I need a few new guns :flowers:

hakcenter
07-07-2010, 4:15 PM
Been lurking too long to not have an account.

Dr. Pepper
07-07-2010, 7:13 PM
Hey, I am new to calguns, and I wanted to do a test post to see if this account was functioning correctly. I saw a nice item on the classifieds, so I signed up. I own two rifles, and I am proud to be part f the gun community.

1sicv8
07-08-2010, 10:36 AM
been lurking, just started posting

new gun owner, cal guns is a great resource so far!

RideTimeless
07-09-2010, 9:37 AM
Test post from a noob to the site, a few yrs old in the community. I read posts from this site and has helped me quite a bit.

diego-ted
07-10-2010, 4:11 PM
Hello everyone, new to the forum and go hand guns. I just picked up a Sigma 9 and Greg JagGuy from the S&W site turned me onto this place. Sure looks like a great place to get info and I hope to make a friend or 2!!

Ted

Ironclad Patrol
07-10-2010, 8:30 PM
Hey Peeps! Not a big poster, but seemed like a decent place to score some info from time to time.

Word....lol

KRASH
07-12-2010, 8:20 AM
Long time listener, first time caller.

Hi all!

I'm Andrew. The current collection will be growing again shortly, but includes a Sig P229 with barrels for both .357 and .40, a Remington 870 with an 18.5" barrel and full length tube, and a Savage 10 with Nikon optics.

Thought I'd register help keep myself current on the latest and greatest restrictions put on the Californian people.

PyroFox79
07-14-2010, 9:34 AM
Hello all! Just decided to join after not being able to see some pics. I am currently own no firearms. Well not any complete ones anyway. I am into process of building my first AR. Which shouldn't take long after the ten day period. I am getting alot of inspiration on what I want it to look like from this forum. Thank you.

beaster
07-15-2010, 6:45 AM
Hello Everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick!):43:
Found your site looking for reviews on a company that I just purchased a 16" A3 upper half from out of MO. It's nice to know shooting is alive and well here in CA. Been shooting for 20yrs now, ever since buying my first handgun from the now extinct Reed's Sport Shop in San Jose. I have a post-ban Bushmaster XM-15 w/20" HBAR, a MAK-90, Remington 1100 12 ga. lefty, Browning over/under 12 ga., a .22 rifle whose make and model escapes me right now, and a .40S&W model 411 semi-auto.

See you in the forums!

Twinsen
07-15-2010, 5:31 PM
I'm new here. I'm from CT, so it's not that much better than here. I came here for a job, and I'm bored out of my mind. I need a gun, and I need to go shooting. I'm going to start out with a Remington 700.

At home I go shooting at least twice a week and I reload so that I can keep doing that.

I'll be on here so I can pick up on any ridiculously insane laws like ammo storage laws, ammo ownership laws, hollowpoint laws, gun storage laws, stuff like that that a normal human being would never have to think about if it weren't for those in power that "know better than us."

RideTimeless
07-16-2010, 9:38 AM
Testing avatar. It's Tomb Raider with a pistol in one hand and a Futabe 3PK in the other. I'm again enjoying rc racing with my kids since 2 of 3 are still too young to take to the range.

MajorJim
07-17-2010, 9:24 AM
Well, I keep finding myself checking so much information here, might as well sign up!

mecha-chimp
07-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Hello everyone!

Found Calguns.net just by accident recently and have enjoyed reading the threads.

I moved from Massachusetts to Southern California in 1999, leaving my AR-15 SP1 to my brother and selling off my Bushmaster. Having lived here in good o’l CA for several years, I never thought I’d be able to have an AR-15 or any semi automatic rifle again. The past couple of years, I looked into getting a rifle or pistol but gave up for some reason or other. But after finding Calguns.net, I’m getting that urge again. Had I known about the California AR movement, I would of tried to acquire and AR-15 or build one a couple of years ago! But with the economy the way it is and money being tight, I’m going to have to wait. Saw a few postings about Rapidgear in Costa Mesa being a reputable place to look into ca legal AR-15s. Also interested in a SIG P226.

Looking forward to talking with fellow members.

wlitten512
07-18-2010, 7:10 PM
Hi there. Just looking to buy and sell parts, maybe read about some of the finer points of firearms law.

fallujahfighter
07-18-2010, 8:19 PM
Hey yall,

Retired Marine here, I did do a few years in the Army, but discovered the errors of my ways just in time and decided to join the Marines in April 98'. Spent a few years at Pendleton so I am aware of your plight to keep your 2nd Amendment rights intact there in Cali. Hope yall don't mind, but I'm a Texan from just north of San Antonio. I found your website through Google, as I was looking for some information on an E-bay seller who is, to say at the very least, a bit rude. I noticed that one of your members had warned against buying from this seller and I wish I had seen his post before placing my order from these folks. Needless to say, it won't happen again.

I am currently in Afghanistan as a contractor, I supose you can say I didn't get my fill from my tour in Iraq as a Marine. I have been shooting NRA competitions for the past few years, and just finished building my new M-4 for this years comp in Nov, I planed my leave just for that, hehe.

I look forward to chatting with yall, and hope to make some friends, that is, if you don't mind a Texan, and fellow purpose built deadly/deffensive weapon owner.

Cheers,
Fallujahfighter

PS: Oh ya, and I'm not really one for political corectness, nor do I hide, alter, or hold back what I think. With that being said, I'm not rude, crude, nor will I ever belittle anyone, and foul language will get you placed on my ignore list. I do love inter service rivalry, Amy, Navy, Chair Force, Marines, and Coast Guard jokes are all welcome here.

cookie_monster
07-19-2010, 4:24 AM
Joined like 2 weeks ago, but never had time to come and read or post. Somewhat new to guns and I hope to learn more. Thanks for the privilege of being here.

RMcClowney
07-20-2010, 9:09 AM
Joined a week ago :) Hello everyone! In my 10-day waiting period for a Springfield XD 40 Service.

andrewinssf
07-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Andrew here. Recently got bit by the shooting bug. Went camping in Plumas county and brought a .22 Ruger up that was given to me by a family member. Knew the .22 wouldn't be enough for me for too long, so started shooting my .410 shotgun that was also given to me. Started going to Jackson Arms in South San Francisco and shot various other handguns in a variety of calibers. Fell in love with .357's. Went out and bought a Ruger GP 100 .357 Magnum. Picking it up tomorrow morning and heading to the range with my brother and sister for their first time. :D Already thinking about my next firearm purchase....:rofl2:

redgem
07-22-2010, 1:44 PM
Hey all. Had been using this forum for about a month as I have started to get back into shooting and hunting again. Hadn't picked up a gun for about 15 years or so, basically since I moved from NoCal to SoCal for school, until 2 months ago and I am getting back into it in full force.

Glad that there is a site like this one to help get through all the crazy CA laws. It was invaluable for my latest purchase (Stag M8L) and of course the Kimber Custom II from the forums here. Been an awesome experience so far. Looking forward to all that CGN is

Rob

AMan
07-23-2010, 9:03 PM
Hello, all!

Just wanted say hello. My name is Anthony. I'm just getting back into target shooting (.45) and plinking (10/22).

Besides shooting, I'm into Filipino Martial Arts - Kabaroan Eskrima - where I'm a ranked 6th Degree Black Belt, Master Instruction under Associate Grandmaster Ed Bansuelo and Grandmaster Ramiro Estalilla. I'm also into photography, cycling and edged weapons.

MrJest
07-25-2010, 6:31 PM
Hey, all!

Just registered, after seeing the site mentioned numerous places. The old email lists have been going cold for a few years now, presumably 'cuz everyone's on the web. :-)

Anyway, been shooting for many decades now, NRA life member and instructor, and active in gun politics since the mid-eighties... but this is the first web forum I've joined in this genera. Strange how that works.

<waves> Hi!

-MrJest

10.16mm
07-29-2010, 7:46 AM
I have been visiting the site off and on for a while now and figured I would finally post something. I joined up right before the Super Secret zombie shoot and was itching to go but had a date with some trails and my Landrover. I hope a Fall/Winter zombie shoot is in the cards as I would love to meet some new shooters (and kill some zombies).:43:

lotar4life
07-29-2010, 7:39 PM
Just signed up. Helloooo!

eviray
07-31-2010, 9:45 PM
Hey All,

I'm fairly new to this internet forum thingy....definately enjoy reading the posts and checking out everyone's irons...some really cool stuff out there!

Cheers,

E

Eagle Armory
08-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Hello everyone, I was pointed to this forum by a customer. We will gladly ship anything that is legal to California, at least while that is still legal.:D

Hott <3 Mess
08-02-2010, 2:25 PM
Hey guys. New to Calguns, out of the Bay Area. My bf is a member and finally talked me into signing up.

Shauna

Arkive
08-03-2010, 6:30 AM
Hi, New to the forum and new/addicted to guns. I have a Sig p226 blackwater, Beretta M9A1, and a Ruger SR9 plus a wish list a mile long.

Bongo Truck
08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Hello, this is a great site!

Diabl0
08-04-2010, 7:40 PM
Hello all. I've been lurking for a while and figured I may as well sign up.

DevilDawgJJ
08-05-2010, 8:38 AM
Reporting for Duty....

Dooligan
08-05-2010, 12:38 PM
I have posted here a few times, and I have a question.

Why do the threads only go a few days old? Am I missing a page selection somewhere for older stuff?

Rschreiber
08-05-2010, 2:32 PM
New to the forums, just checking in to say hello.

BayAreaShooter
08-05-2010, 2:42 PM
I am new to Cal Guns but not to forums. I have a love for Rugers. Just checking in with everyone.

findleydd
08-05-2010, 8:13 PM
This is almost over loading my brain. So much info. Oh and what is a "Bump"?

Rozero1234
08-06-2010, 12:14 PM
howdy, just an avid target shooter joining the forum. i just moved from the forests of nothern California, to the deserts of the south so my perception of long distance shooting has gone from a 400 yard shot( because of so many natural barriers) to a much longer one haha. I figured joining some forums would get me in touch with some people who are more experienced, and hopefully i can soak up a bit of that knowledge. as far as rifles go, i own a ruger 22 lever action, thompson center .223 target rifle, and a ptr-91

at10
08-06-2010, 2:41 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forum but a former citizen of the state. Moved from California to Iowa some years back. Miss many things, just not the gun laws :)

SupportGeek
08-06-2010, 6:10 PM
Hi all,
Just immigrated to the US from Canada (Yes 100% legally) to marry my fiancee.
Did a (very) little target shooting about 15 years or so ago and want to get back into it since it was hella fun, feel like a total newb though and need to get up to speed on whats good, whats not, any info I can soak up in general, go to some meets and shows etc.
Looking forward to interacting with the site and its members! :)