PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Calguns!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

mike9909
08-26-2009, 6:54 PM
another noob sayin hi.........

Whitehawk777
08-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Hi I'm new to this site, just stopping by to say hi. I'm positive this site will provide a great wealth of knowledge that I can apply to my firearms and life in general.

tamalpias
08-29-2009, 3:44 PM
New here but not new to forums. Just want to say hello to those in the community. San Jose native here.

Hobby is shooting and shooting at anything that is legal. :)

USMG
08-29-2009, 11:34 PM
I have already posted a bit on the boards but forgot to introduce myself. Grew up in LA area, moved to Arizona to attend college, somehow got stuck here in AZ, many, many years ago, but enough about me! We specialize in M-11, Mac-10, & Master Piece Arms parts. Barrel threading, porting and lots of other gun smith related work as well. We manufacture lots of parts and sell hundreds of other popular items. I am also a class 7 manufacturer, FFL/SOT. We have lots of CA customers and though the CA restrictions are a bit tough we can ship most items without any problems. Contact me with any questions, either by PM, email or give me a call. Thanks

den888
08-30-2009, 8:44 AM
This is a great site, I've learned a lot from it.

team1320
09-02-2009, 6:22 AM
hi all im new! can someone help me change my screen name?:confused:

Bucks Owin
09-03-2009, 9:48 AM
Hello from shasta county. Have been a firearms enthusiast since my dad gave me a model 60 Winchester single shot .22 for my eighth birthday 47 years ago. Since then I have enjoyed rifle and handgun benchrest, handgun silhouette, black powder and trapshooting as well as reloading all three, bullet casting and hunting as well. Besides "powder burning", I enjoy bass fishing on Shasta Lake. Although I am a native Californio and like it here, I am hoping to move to Montana as Kalifornia's gun climate is becoming too ridiculous to suit me. (Unless the state of "Jefferson" should ever become a reality!) I'd enjoy hearing from other shooters in the area who'd like to get together....

Spartan
09-04-2009, 9:08 AM
Howdy all, been lurking here since the Heller ruling. Lived in So. Cal. for a few years, got sick of the traffic and moved back to the great lakes. Salute to all the 2A work that is getting done out there!

Shotgun Man
09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Howdy all, been lurking here since the Heller ruling. Lived in So. Cal. for a few years, got sick of the traffic and moved back to the great lakes. Salute to all the 2A work that is getting done out there!

Welcome to calguns. Great user name! How'd you come up with that?

Spartan
09-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Welcome to calguns. Great user name! How'd you come up with that?

I wasnt smart enough to get admitted to UofM so I went to MSU instead, aka 'Spartan'. :D

V8SH8ME
09-04-2009, 3:09 PM
Hey everyone,

I just joined up and look forward to speaking to all of you. This looks like a great place to learn and to shed light as well.

Cheers.

KushMaster
09-04-2009, 9:44 PM
Hi everyone, I have been reading up for a while but never needed to comment. I just ordered my first firearm, and I am excited to join the community!!! :seeya:

JTecalo
09-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Hi everyone, I have been reading up for a while but never needed to comment. I just ordered my first firearm, and I am excited to join the community!!! :seeya:

Welcome to the community and enjoy yourself!

Can'thavenuthingood
09-05-2009, 7:32 AM
Hey everyone,

I just joined up and look forward to speaking to all of you. This looks like a great place to learn and to shed light as well.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard, its a great site.
We have lots of light shedders and bull shedders, always a hoot.

Say goodbye to your old life as your addiction has just begun:)

Vick

Can'thavenuthingood
09-05-2009, 7:39 AM
hi all im new! can someone help me change my screen name?:confused:

Go back one page and scroll to the bottom and contact one of the Moderators.

Welcome aboard and have fun here, its a hoot.

Vick

38super
09-05-2009, 4:34 PM
Greetings All,

38super here, heard about your site from a good friend and thought I'd stop by. I do a little gun tinkering, built several open IPSC pistols. Currently building rimfire stuff for my son, we're part of the Norco Junior Marksmanship Academy effort at Running Gun IPSC. Hope to learn and help out here too.

DVCee Ya,
38super

forgiven
09-07-2009, 4:25 AM
Welcome to CG's. :)

Styken
09-07-2009, 3:31 PM
I've lurked on Calguns forever but for some reason never registered. Figured it was about time!

Steve

ojisan
09-07-2009, 3:42 PM
It is great to see so many new members joining us here.
Welcome to all!
:D

sorensen440
09-07-2009, 3:52 PM
It is great to see so many new members joining us here.
Welcome to all!
Agreed !

biker777
09-08-2009, 6:23 PM
Man , I am a relative newbie, but am lovin this place. my shooting bud told me about you and well..here I am..and I am addicted!
hey what makes someone a "Senior" member? age? IQ? longevity? tell me tell me... I see Seniors that seem to be new here and Seniors with only a few trades /sales etc..

take care all

elrcastor
09-08-2009, 6:41 PM
It's about your post count.

biker777
09-08-2009, 6:53 PM
It's about your post count.

ok..how does that work? at a certain level of posts you move up? how many?? etc etc ..inquiring minds want to know ...
Thanks!

Sonic_mike
09-08-2009, 8:38 PM
New guy on the forums.I just got my gun permit today and I'm looking at getting a XD 45 in the near future.

Oh I'm located in Santa Rosa,CA and I'm a 25 year old male.

ARBushmaster
09-09-2009, 2:33 PM
Hello Fellow Californians

ILVSMOG
09-09-2009, 3:37 PM
Hey all,

Just checking in to say HI! I'm trying to re-educate myself on ARs and get caught up with the OLL rules and all the awesome new products on the market now! I got out of AWs when the Clinton Ban came down, but the current "situation" has got me re-interested in building a few new toys. Hopefully I can learn a lot and contribute some as well.

Knesekguns
09-10-2009, 8:26 AM
Hey guys, taking over some of the stuff here at Knesek and wanted to keep you in the loop of some of the things we have going on so I decided to start posting. Let us know if you need anything!

Constable9mm
09-10-2009, 8:45 PM
Hi,

Im new at the site and wanted to stop by to say hello.

Im more a handgun enthusiast, specially the semi-auto ones, eventhough I sometimes had a couple of revolvers, but I prefer the semi-autos.

Also Im a new resident in CA so Im sure this site will be very helpful to understand all the regulations on this state. Im from Mexico city and down there the guns are quite restricted to civilians, there is a long process to get a gun legally, you should buy it directly from the army store, there is no gun stores or gunsmiths, if you want a hangun you need to go to the army store, select your gun and apply to see if youre able to get one, also the calibers are very restricted, you the biggest caliber you can get is .380 acp on semi-autos and .38 spl on revolvers, and its for home defense only, once you have the gun youre not allowed to carry with you, should be at the house all the time, its a possesion permit only.

I had two guns (we are limited to 2 guns by law): Walter PPK .380 acp and a Astra Constable .380 acp.

Well, hope to learn a lot from you and share some of my little experience too.

Happy shooting.

Tactical_NINJA
09-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Hello all,

I'm new to the forums, but haven't posted here yet so I'll do that now.

Been living in CA for most of my life, to exclude my time spent elsewhere/abroad with the U.S. Army. Joined them almost 5 years ago, and so far so good. Just finishing up my second tour of Iraq, too.

I joined Calguns to keep current on information and news. I haven't posted much, or lurked, but things could change.

At present, I only own three handguns, but plan on getting a couple of rifles eventually (because pistols are only fun for so long), but I have to redeploy back before that can happen.

whtl
09-13-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm looking for a KEL-TEC Su-16CA

Isaiah4Autumn
09-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi,

New to the forum and was in my local gunshop and someone told me about this organization...looking forward to all the information that is here. Thanks

cj65
09-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Hello,
Just a noob wanting to introduce myself. I just bought a gun safe and want to begin filling it up. I have 4 boys just pre teen, and I will need some 20 ga. shotguns. I also enjoy target shooting rifle and pistol. My purpose is to educate myself on best brands, as well as value of guns of interest.

Ricewatcher
09-16-2009, 8:40 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new here as well. See ya'll around.

vjpointman
09-18-2009, 2:56 PM
New to the ar world.
Last time I used one was in 1972. It was a government issued M16.
Picked up my new ar15 from coldwar shooters in So Cal. Can't wait to get familiar with it.

smokeyfs
09-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey just registered. Really excited about the new brain trust i just joined.
Ruger Vaquero .357
Colt M4 ops 22lr
Marlin 336w 30-30
Glock 9mm
AR-15 (under construction)

mag318
09-19-2009, 8:04 PM
I just joined your site after I stumbled across it on another forum. I was so impressed even though I'm from Illinois that I decided to join. I look forward to much participation here.

gun4all
09-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Hello all,

Noob to calguns.net and just wanted to say hello..
I wish I knew about this forum few years back because I gave up my AR-15 to local PD because my cousin(he was a rookie riverside county sheriff which he never did pass,lol) told me I couldn't have AR-15 even if it was a pre AR-15(got it way before assault weapon law).
I still don't talk to him and hate myself for it,lol.

turbothis
09-20-2009, 3:23 PM
so i just got on here so i can learn the cali laws a little more and maybe help some people out.

i have built for some guys and shipped some stuff in the land too.

cheers:)

Frosstyx
09-21-2009, 9:08 AM
New guy here, NC native. Stumbled across this forum after doing a google search. Awesome resource and Im also interested in what CAL is up to with current laws and regs seeing as the entire country may be trying to follow along. Thanks!

rtorc
09-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone:

I'm a new member. I joined Calguns to be better informed about AR's and owning them in CA. I plan on purchasing my first complete rifle in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for all of the information!

jkim546
09-21-2009, 6:01 PM
hello all, new to the site and what a great site it is!

Comethead
09-21-2009, 7:36 PM
Hello, new guy checking in.
Nice to have such an informative site for us CA folks.
I currently own a Glock 23, Remington 870, Ruger 10/22 (my sons gun...he's only 9 months old), and a Howa 1500 .308.
Glad to be aboard!!

JD

Termless
09-22-2009, 2:38 AM
Hi everybody i'm new to this site. My bro-in-law told me about this site and i'm happy to join.

myutahccw
09-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Howdy from Utah! New to the forum. I've got family in Torrance, CA and I'm heading down for a wedding. I'm planning on teaching a Utah CFP class there...any ideas on a place where I could teach? Small conference rooms/friendly gun shops...Any help appreciated!

rkt88edmo
09-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Howdy from Utah! New to the forum. I've got family in Torrance, CA and I'm heading down for a wedding. I'm planning on teaching a Utah CFP class there...any ideas on a place where I could teach? Small conference rooms/friendly gun shops...Any help appreciated!

Sharpshooters is in Torrance, don't know if they have an inhouse Utah permit guy already.

bomb
09-23-2009, 4:51 PM
What's up calguns, I am defecting from another firearm forum that shall remain nameless. I am sick of all the CA hate and attitudes so I am hoping this will be a good place for tech help with my firearms.

I've been building and shooting AR-15's for almost 4 years and I currently own two rifles built on off-list lowers w/bullet buttons.

Anyway I will keep it short, looking forward to talking to other shooters from California.

GoodCleanKill
09-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Great website, glad to be a part of it.

dunndeal
09-24-2009, 10:22 PM
New-b here. I've owned a nickle plated Colt Python for over 25 years but it has fired less than 100 rounds. Given the social situation here where we live in Oakland it's time to reacquaint myself with it and perhaps acquire a couple more handguns and a home defense shotgun.

internet13444
09-25-2009, 9:42 PM
I am new to this forum, I found this forum yesterday.
Simple interest calculator calculation rates mortgage compound high interest savings account (http://simpleinterestcalculator.org)

Arteel
09-26-2009, 8:29 PM
Welcome everybody! Make yourselves at home!

$ilver
09-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Hi, Im Silver

Newb here, I was refered to calguns by the guys at
Metco Firearms here in Fairfield.

I own a Springfield XD, and in 10 days a 10-22, which I bought today (looks at time) yesterday at Metco! Wait, 9 days!!

Brianguy
09-27-2009, 1:09 PM
Hey. I've been reading through this forum for a couple months. I was checkin out the c&r and ccw threads. Thought it's time I join you guys:D

Kansan
09-27-2009, 2:00 PM
Hey all,

The military moved me to CA a few months ago and I found this site while trying to figure out the CA gun laws. This is a great resource, so thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. Thanks for all the great information and I look forward to putting in my 2 cents every now and then.

Harvey4804
09-27-2009, 9:02 PM
Hey yall,

The Marine Corps moved me to San Diego back in '02 I was there for 4 years, moved to VA and I'll be getting out and I'll be on my way back to San Diego in June '10. I currently only have a 12ga and a .22 rifle, I've been waiting to move out there before I go hog-wild buying guns. Cali is real anal about some guns (ex: XDm).

bkdaaa
09-27-2009, 11:12 PM
I am a new member and wanted say hello. Located up in the high desert of Ridgecrest/China Lake. Getting back into guns after a 7 year hiatus after I left the military. Just ordered a Savage MarkII FV in 22lr and looking to punch holes in some paper see what happens. I have already received alot of help directly and indirectly already through the sight and wanted to formally say thanks. What a great resource.

Doug

kepartheun
09-28-2009, 5:22 PM
Hello people,

Native Californian here and not planing on moving anytime soon. Here to stand up for 2nd amendment rights and have some good gun talk. See ya all out there.

pullnshoot25
09-28-2009, 5:26 PM
Hey, how many people that are new are from SD? I am interested to see those numbers...

arcticreaver
09-29-2009, 5:58 PM
hello, my name is sam. i've recently got interested in fire arms for no apparent reason.

hopefully this forum will give me lots of information since i've read that CA has the most strict gun laws.

Reboot
09-29-2009, 6:28 PM
Hey everyone!

New member here but not new to the shooting world. I used to shoot a few times a week but I've been doing other things lately. Anyway, a motorcycle accident caused me to look at other things to do so while I'm unable to ride I figured I'd take up shooting again.

I should have never left. Shooting is such a blast. Too bad ammo is hard to find now. Good thing I used to reload and still have lots of components left.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Alex

Harvey4804
09-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey, how many people that are new are from SD? I am interested to see those numbers...

Guess I'm #1? Well... I'll be moved back in SD in less than 9 months (253 days to be exact!):D
BTW, watched all of your videos last night. Awesome info!

target
09-30-2009, 11:21 PM
hi all new to the gun world. hope to learn a lot from the pro's here.

stagman
10-01-2009, 2:34 PM
So Cal native, currently working in No Cal... This is a great site and forum with plenty of interesting view points and ideas! I just hope to stay out of the "DOH!" category. Thanks for having me.:)

enfantile
10-01-2009, 3:42 PM
how's it going everyone, I'm a noob to this site, been shooting for about 20 yrs. now. Recently lost my brother to cancer and was online looking for answers for gun transfers and came up onto this site( and now i am a member). Can anyone direct me or answer what or how do I transfer my brothers guns into my name( he is deceased)and I dont know if I can find paperwork on the guns( colt .44, browning 12g, springfield 1911 .45, preban colt ar 15) Am I SOL? -Thanks-

Basqueguy545
10-01-2009, 6:51 PM
Hello, long time lurker nice to meet you all.

enfantile
10-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Hello everyone, new to this site, so I am still trying to familiarize with it.Been shooting for about 20yrs. now.Recently lost my brother to cancer and was searching the web for answers on transfering guns, and here I am.Can anyone direct me to where I can find information on how I can transfer my brother's gun's into mine( if possibly that I cant find documentation for them).He owned a Colt .44, Browning 12g,Springfield Armory 1911 .45, Colt Sporter AR-15 pre-ban. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excitable Boy
10-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Hiya! I'm new to Cal Guns, but not to forums in general. I know there's a few folks I know here from other gun/knife forums. I'm building an off list AR and came searching for answers.

jdberger
10-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Hello everyone, new to this site, so I am still trying to familiarize with it.Been shooting for about 20yrs. now.Recently lost my brother to cancer and was searching the web for answers on transfering guns, and here I am.Can anyone direct me to where I can find information on how I can transfer my brother's gun's into mine( if possibly that I cant find documentation for them).He owned a Colt .44, Browning 12g,Springfield Armory 1911 .45, Colt Sporter AR-15 pre-ban. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look here (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Transferring_Firearms_Among_Some_Family_Members)

Also try the links in this post. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2475812&postcount=3)

As mentioned before - the Colt AR isn't transferrable, no matter what its legal status.

Good luck.

250rah
10-11-2009, 1:55 PM
Well I am new to the board I am stationed in El Centro active duty Navy.

D_fens
10-11-2009, 2:06 PM
New here, at Davis, CA and from the Bay Area. Seems I should have picked UCSD, since a lot of the younger members seem to be there.

Already have a small "family" going on, and I've shot rented handguns at the range a couple of times down in Santa Clara with the 'rents. Waiting to turn 21! :coolgleamA:

Killawhale415
10-11-2009, 6:11 PM
Hi there my names Jon im new to the forum.
I purchased a remington 870 express in february of this year and have since become obsessed and have a growing firearms collection.
And I must say its great to find a forum with such a wealth of information dedicated to california shooters.

pullnshoot25
10-11-2009, 6:36 PM
Guess I'm #1? Well... I'll be moved back in SD in less than 9 months (253 days to be exact!):D
BTW, watched all of your videos last night. Awesome info!

Thanks! I am glad you liked them!

New here, at Davis, CA and from the Bay Area. Seems I should have picked UCSD, since a lot of the younger members seem to be there.

Already have a small "family" going on, and I've shot rented handguns at the range a couple of times down in Santa Clara with the 'rents. Waiting to turn 21! :coolgleamA:

I think all the prettier girls are up there. However, there are a few Calgunners down here at UCSD. I am finding that it is not quite as big of a liberal craphole as I previously thought. Lots of closet gun owners :)

Jyruiz
10-11-2009, 8:15 PM
NFG here, been reading this site for about one week now and really enjoying it so I figured it was time to join. Not only am I new here, but I finally ordered a couple of rifles, a Ruger 10/22 for my son and a Stag Model 1 AR-15 for myself. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Digital Dude
10-13-2009, 9:44 AM
Ok, I'm new although far from new in terms of weapons on other forums. Anyway, I'm in Arizona and I was a transplant from SoCal. I want to move back although it seems like many of you guys are jumping ship and moving here, so go figure.
Regards,

trex
10-13-2009, 8:34 PM
I'm really new to the CG forums; don't spend much time on forums unless a google for specific info takes me to one.
I posted earlier while I was still raging over ab962...I really appreciate the calming influence of Kestryll and others...ok, I'm calm (&^%^#^&%^&)...thought I'd add this to the newbie thread and see what my avitar looks like on a post...I live in Amador count, Sierra foothills ...no city limit (but I have a good neighbor policy)...I guess I'll send these guys some $$ and buy a T-shirt...I shoot Bullseye pistol and Silhouette rifle, etc

KylaGWolf
10-14-2009, 6:52 AM
To those of you that just joined Calguns WELCOME to the best gun forum at least in my opinion.

I have lived in both north and south California and have to say both have advantages and disadvantages to living in that area. One plus with north CA is you are close to the beaches and mountains and Reno and Tahoe are close by. The weather is better in South California though.

I will say when I was in North California (Vacaville) I didn't know many people that were pro gun or 2A. Although I had two wonderful friends that were then again they were originally from Idaho.

trex I think we are all a little upset about AB 962. For me it was more of adding on to a rough week I was already having. Made my mood really bad which didn't take much at that moment. Good idea in supporting Calguns anyway you can :)

5.56x45
10-14-2009, 2:56 PM
new to the board.. located in NorCal

*DARKHORSE*
10-15-2009, 7:59 AM
Moving to Nor cal in several months and thought I would get familiar with the laws. Live in Texas and looks like 90% of my firearms will have to stay here. Time to build up my handgun collection once I get there. Hate to say I am going to hate this move. but will try and find the positive.

jdberger
10-15-2009, 9:45 AM
Moving to Nor cal in several months and thought I would get familiar with the laws. Live in Texas and looks like 90% of my firearms will have to stay here. Time to build up my handgun collection once I get there. Hate to say I am going to hate this move. but will try and find the positive.

I'm betting that it's not 90%. Maybe 80? ;)

First, for CA, only "assault weapons" are restricted (and Class III).

To start, take a look at the CA AW ID Flowchart, the handgun flowchart and shotgun flowcharts. They'll show you what's prohibited.

If you do have AWs that are on the list above, most can be configured so they won't violate CA AW laws.

If you have questions, feel free to post them in the forum - or send me a PM. I'd be happy to help out.

Welcome to California - it's not all bad here, it's actually pretty great - but it takes some getting used to when you're coming from somewhere else.

josh vw
10-15-2009, 1:48 PM
Hi guys.

I'm new here. Located in East Bay, Nor CA.

Hope to make some friends.

artherd
10-15-2009, 8:46 PM
Welcome aboard Josh!

SnapDaddy
10-16-2009, 4:55 PM
Hi All, just signed up on calguns!

Live on the central coast and been shooting most of my life. Not and expert, just an enthusiast.

Just started shooting local matches and really lovin' it. I figured since I roll my own ammo, why not go out and shoot a bunch of it. Paper gets old, so run and gun is for me!

I'm looking in to the CCW process. Been told that our County is CCW friendly. I'll see if that is the case in a few months. Might be asking some "Compelling Statement" questions...

Looking forward to chatting!

HAVOC5150
10-19-2009, 1:47 AM
HI ALL, JUST WANTED TO SAY INTRODUCE MYSELF. GREW UP I VALLEJO, NOW LIVE IN VACAVILLE. THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD WORK OF KEEPING OUR SECOND AMENDMENT SAFE AND ASSISTING IN OVER TURNING THE IGNORANT GUN LAWS OF THIS STATE.

NavDoc
10-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Greetings,
Long-time lurker, finally joined. Been in San Diego for the past three years, compliments of the Navy. Will be here for the next three years and probably more. I've been reading this forum since prior to moving here and have learned a lot. Thanks for all of the free information, it helped to prepare me for the assault on my gun rights, both mentally and legally.
NavDoc

KeepingMyGuns
10-20-2009, 7:09 PM
Hello all, new here to the forumn. Just wanted to introduce myself and get started with the postings.

SagitariusSeaMonkey
10-22-2009, 7:35 PM
Ello! My uncle, Electricboy, suggested that I join Calguns. So, here I am. :thumbsup:

Electricboy
10-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Good. Now go to bed! :D

916-DADDY
10-23-2009, 9:17 AM
Hi,

I am a dad for the 2nd time, and It is time to know my guns and my

choices on building my new O.L.L......................:confused:

I wish I knew the AR in and outs like I know Rubicon ready Toyota rock crawlers..................

Im Humble and ready to be schooled by you all......:D

Oh and I am -Jayden.....:cool2:

gunace89
10-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey just joined last night, im originally from Sacramento, but currently going to school at Chico. Im a long time shooter, young gun owner, and first time on a forum. Needed an escapism from the liberalism here. :( Anyway, thank you for having me, and im thankful to those who started this.:D

pfridirici
10-23-2009, 2:55 PM
Newbie with FFL Gunshop in PA.... invited by bplvr , CalGuns Ca. Gun Show Czar.who ships to your state.

1970msp
10-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Hi,I want to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.Thanks for offering an informative and refreshing site.

415shooter
10-24-2009, 9:14 PM
How's it going? New here, Obviously, Want to learn what all the frequent posters are willing to teach.

potentate
10-25-2009, 1:00 AM
Hello, everyone. I've been visting this website for some time now. Finally decided to register and introduce myself.

Owner of a Glock 22
my del-ton rifle kit should be here any day, I can't wait.(middy)

JBS
10-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Hello everyone...New to site (obviously). From Arkansas but transplanted to Washington thanks to Uncle Sam. Prolly just go ahead and stay, now. Nice Site.

gamma105
10-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Hi everyone! was at the Ontario gun show and saw the booth, and that's how I found this forum :D

TacticalAdvantageConcepts
10-27-2009, 2:32 PM
Hi, my name is Chris Luzader of Tactical Advantage Concepts. I am 1 of 4 partners of our company. We provide practical firearms training from the basic level to advanced tactical level. We have a combined background of over 30 years of law enforcement and military experience. We conduct training on pistols, shotguns, and rifles as well as defensive tactics, consulting, and security planning. We have the capability of doing both private lessons and public courses. Tactical Advantage Concepts can also provide contract training and consulting in the continental U.S. and overseas.

Our customers are private citizens, security professionals, and law enforcement and military personnel. We are currently based out of Orange, California and are continuing to expand our training venues to fit our customers needs. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or if you would like to attend any of our courses.

Our new website is still under construction but here is a list of the courses we have for the year.

Calendar of Events & Skill Development Series

Wednesday, October 28th, 6:30 pm 8:30pm: Tactical Movement Shoot
Shooters may wear tactical gear and will follow a practical combat course of fire. Primary focus will be on shooting from behind cover and moving. Pistols, shotguns, and carbines are welcome. You will need 100 rounds of primary ammo, 50 rounds secondary. Cost is $35 per shooter.

Tuesday, November 17th, 6:30 pm 8:30pm: CCW Skill Development
Sharpen your skills on proper weapon presentation and shooting with a concealed pistol. You will need a concealable holster, at least 2 magazines, magazine pouch, pistol, 150 rounds of ammo, 1 pullover sweater/shirt, and 1 button up shirt or jacket/coat. Other drills will include close quarter shooting and pivoting. Cost is $35 per shooter.

Saturday, November 21, 4 pm 6 pm: Basic Shotgun
This class will focus on weapons handling, basic marksmanship, proper loading and unloading, and clearing malfunctions. Shotgun rental is available but please call ahead to check availability. Cost is $45 per shooter. Price includes 25 rounds of birdshot.

Monday, November 30th, 6:30 pm 8:30pm: Practical Shotgun Clinic
Shooters will be working on drills that will speed up their manipulations and make them more precise. These drills include: transitioning from buckshot to slug, engaging multiple targets, and combat loading. Students will need a shotgun, 100 rounds of buck or birdshot and 20 rounds of slug. Sidesaddles and butt stock shell holders are recommended but not mandatory. Cost is $35 per shooter.

Saturday, December 5th, 4pm 8pm: Zombie Hunter Academy
Back by popular demand! Come join us for a fun night of shooting, FREE food, drinks, and raffle prizes. Cost is $45 per shooter. This will be a pistol shoot. Bring your own or rent one of ours. Ammo is also available for purchase if you dont have any. Shooters are welcome to wear tactical gear. MORE zombies, MORE shooting, MORE chaos! Prepay now to secure your seat! Stay updated on the latest news, prizes, and videos by visiting: http://WarBagProducts.com.

Wednesday, December 16th, 6:30 pm 8:30pm: Early Christmas Shoot
Celebrate Christmas early with Tactical Advantage Concepts and join us for this fun shoot. Well end the night with raffle prizes, treats, and drinks (non-alcoholic, of course). Cost is $35 per shooter.

Wednesday, December 30th, 6:30 pm 8:30pm: Open Range Night
Join us for our Open Range Night. Pistols, shotguns, and carbines are welcome. Cost is $35 per shooter.

For more information, please contact us at 949-606-3281.

We look forward to getting to know the members here and hope to see you guys at our events.

Barabas
10-27-2009, 5:12 PM
Been reading this site for years, but never participated. Looking forward to meeting some folks and getting involved.

mattley35
10-28-2009, 11:51 AM
New member from Central Valley. Looking to purchase my first handgun, after a lifetime of shooting rifles. Some of the models I've been looking for are not CA legal and came across this site in my research. Very informative.

AGrey
10-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Hello guys and gals, FNG here from Easy county San Diego. Just wanted to let everyone know since I can tell it weighs on the minds of some.

I've been silently browsing these forums for a while now since the last OC event in PB. I've been proactive about AB962, making phone calls, emails, signing all the petitions I come across etc. Trying to do my part as much as funds/time allow. Hopefully that'll ease the minds of some that think there could be more people helping behind the scenes.

Anyways, thanks for all the great reading material and hopefully I'll be able to make more of a political stand in the future once I broaden my knowledge. Happy and safe shooting.

Fay BUddha
10-30-2009, 8:38 AM
Hey all,

Just just joined the ranks of evil features gun owner :D after just just playing with wheel guns.

armedoffroader
10-30-2009, 2:41 PM
Hello! Been into shooting for a short while now, and came across this site in my searches for more info on the subject. Very informative, and most importantly, knowledgeable of CA policies.

Moonami
10-30-2009, 5:54 PM
Just signed up! This'll be my first AR build and this site is gonna be my Bible!

MontanaRifleman
10-31-2009, 4:31 PM
Hi all,

I saw a link to this site from the Longrangehunting Forums and thought I would check it out. Hope you dont mind I'm from Montana. Hope to join in a thread now and then.

Good shooting :)

Mark

Flyin Brian
11-01-2009, 7:59 PM
Hello Calguns,

I'm Brian from Nor Cal and I just joined here a few days ago, been reading and lurking for a short while and figured I would join up and say hello. I am mostly interested in old Milsurp rifles such as Finn M39s and Mosin Nagants but also have a soft spot for lever action Winchesters. I'm very interested in trying to gain back some of our lost rights, so I am definitely someone who will write letters and call the guvnah when I see these insanely stupid bills rolling through the legislature. anyhow, this looks like a great place to visit and learn. Thanks!!

Flyin Brian

CBMS
11-02-2009, 1:57 PM
Hey All,

I'm Preston, from...well thats an annoying question for me. I am an American living in Victoria, BC, Canada. However, I also visit home to the WC every year, and have an extreme interest in California law, as it usually follows or proceeds Canadian Law.
I have an older Winchester model 37 in 12g, a receiver only Garand and a Ruger 10/22. Looking to get started with Cowboy action shooting.
Its gonna be fun, I think!

voere22
11-02-2009, 8:33 PM
Hello Calguns,
I'm Philip from southern cal. Just joined the other day I was looking at old gun stuff and came across a member looking for info on a webley mark4 and had remembered seeing one in a book Im borrowing so i looked it up and joined to help those who are helping me. Keep up the good work love the sight. wife thinks im nuts ive been on the computer for days researching for my next gun. now have a voere .22 I bought to shoot with my son he has a savage youth .22 and a youth 20 gauge. Im looking at 7x57 guns most likely a Husqvarna as of now unless I find a deal on something else that looks and feels right . not into plastic even if it works Im 34 but love the old stuff craftsmanship is King in my book. big year for us in the support department I bought 5 NRA memberships hope that helps some. any how back too searching the pages for the laws and general 411.
Thanks again,
Philip
thank god for 2nd :) and spell ck.:confused:

patrickstarfish
11-03-2009, 2:24 PM
Hello Calguns,

I browsed this site for a couple hours and decided that I needed to join. I'm from San Diego and fairly new to rifles and guns. It's more fun going to ranges with friends; so I hope to see you fellas one day.

Patrick

novabrian
11-04-2009, 2:13 PM
I have been out of the gun seen for a long time.But I recently bought a Glock 22.I am now ready to get back into the sport full bore.I was looking to get a new "assault type gun" when comes to find out everything is banned in Cal.I.E. Saiga 12,AR,PX Storm etc.Anything with a pistol grip! Well I know I will get to meet a lot of cool people here as well as learn all I ever wanted learn. Thank you!

"Si Vis Pacem, Para bellum"

itzasyn
11-04-2009, 8:52 PM
Does anyone know the value of a Great Western Arms .357 Atomic is worth?. It has real stag grips in beautiful aged golden yellow. The whole frame and barrel is bluing more of a maroon color in excellent condition. The serial number is GW3059 matching everywhere. This was a second year production manufactured in 1954. I can't seem to find anything to really compare it to. There isn't much info. out there on it. Please help!

fishyducky
11-05-2009, 3:42 PM
hello all,

The name is Stu. Originally from the South Bay area of LA. Joined the Marine Corps at 17. Always shot with my Dad growing up. Turned 21 and it was ON! I'm stationed in NC now and in the short span of a year my collection is now as follows:

Mosin Nagant M91/30
Mosin M44
Mosin M38
Mauser K-98
Ruger 10/22
SLR-95
AR-180B
AR-15 M4 Variant
Walther P22
Ruger LCP
M&P .45
Citadel 1911
Ruger SR-9
Bersa .380
Sigma .40

I got orders back to Cali in March (Miramar) and can't wait to get back home!

Anyways I'll post a pic of my collection. Seems like a cool forum and I'm looking forward to learn more.

Cali-Shooter
11-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi everyone on this forum and CGF! About time for me to "officially" say hi.

B.T.W. Very nice SLR-95 fishyducky. The stock is amazingly beautiful. It also reminds me of a gun I saw in a game I once played...

"Glory to the Commonwealth!"

p_shooter
11-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Hey All,
I've been lurking for a year or so...ever since I built my first OLL-EBR. Been a firearms enthusiast since I can remember.
A colleague of mine took me out to shoot his Reg'd AR-15 about 10 years ago...I wanted one ever since. Calguns made that possible...so thank you! Donation sent: 3CC37665CB435141K and lots more on the way.

I would have sent more, but I needed to spread some of the love to Theseus's UOC case, which I've been following intently. :(

After the holiday's I intend to donate to calguns, the amount I would spend on the new handgun I want, but can't get b/c of the Safe Handgun List.

Calguns is the frontline in CA and thanks to you guys, one more fence-sitter has become and "activist".

Obsolete
11-07-2009, 7:35 PM
Hello folks. I'm new to forums of any type. I have joined to learn, share ideas, find freinds and help our "species" survive. It's really great to be talking with freinds who share the same interests and concerns about our guns, rights, opinions and activism.

I'm a holder of a Curio & Relic licsense for what reason I don't know since it's so neutered in California it's almost worthless. But it's still fun to order an occasional C & R rifle and have it delivered to my doorstep. I also like CMP Garands and carbines. I love to see those show up at the doorstep as well!

I'm the past president of my local rifle and pistol range as well as an NRA certified RSO. (Range Safety Officer). I'm an RSO because there is no quicker way to loose your range than to have an accident that causes a horrible injury and /or death and neighborly outrage. An accident of any type for all reasons is to be avoided at all costs, but if it's on your range you can bet it will be magnified many times over.

I'm a disabled Viet Nam vet (USMC) and retired after 34 years with UPS. I'm a life member, Benefactor of NRA and CRPA. American legion and VFW member. I am a veterans advocate and help bewildered disabled vets get through the V.A. system.
But primarily I am an American, 4th generation Californian and Grandpa.
I'm happy to be joining this group!

Thank You all. "Obsolete"

Trey1191
11-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Hello Calguns members

Been lurking for a while, and looking into building building an AR from scratch and just trying to make sure I'm doing everything legal :)

5am
11-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Hi Calgunners, ive been meaning to register but never found the time. after goin panoche and meeting some cool people, oi decided to register today. this site rocks! -sam

Jaiofspam
11-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi Calgunners, ive been meaning to register but never found the time. after goin panoche and meeting some cool people, oi decided to register today. this site rocks! -sam

haha welcome tot he forum sam :D

fishyducky
11-09-2009, 1:57 PM
Hi everyone on this forum and CGF! About time for me to "officially" say hi.

B.T.W. Very nice SLR-95 fishyducky. The stock is amazingly beautiful. It also reminds me of a gun I saw in a game I once played...

"Glory to the Commonwealth!"

Thank you for the compliment. A buddy of mine almost had me convinced it was ugly and i needed to have it changed but I like it too.

DrDP
11-09-2009, 5:50 PM
HiLow 2 All.
Thought I wud Reg & say Hi B4 looking any farther!
Leaving 2morrow 4 NV & will B @ Frontsight on the 13th 4 4day DHG train. my 2nd time!
B Blessed @ wat HE is having U do! Bcuz I am! DrDP
as I am about my FATHER's Business! Making A Difference And Helping Other People Reach Their Goals!

sofine354
11-09-2009, 7:34 PM
New to calguns. Sort of new to guns in general. Most of my stuff is hand-me-downs from gramps. I'm realizing how stupid this state is as I buy new hardware and stuff. Going to build my first AR soon, and I will have lots of questions I'm sure.

DrDP
11-09-2009, 8:22 PM
Hi Sofine, Welcome! I just got here 2 hrs ago myself. I won't B able 2 help U w/ AR, as I am just now trying 2 figurer it out 2! Working on HnGns now & Hope 2 get up 2 speed soon, so I can go on 2 the next. MayB ShotGn. IYKWIM?
I'll B watching 4 U on the posts!
as I am about my FATHER's Business! Making A Difference And Helping Other People Reach Their Goals!

mystique
11-10-2009, 3:58 PM
Long time lurker first time member. My name is Charlie and I am a gun (or two, or three) owner.

DrDP
11-10-2009, 6:58 PM
Hi Charlie, I guess I am the (NuB) Welcome committee. NuB Bcuz I am 1. ORU12? ;-) I am also a 2 or 3 owner 2! Bak 2 the R&D.

Jerry99
11-10-2009, 7:32 PM
Hey fellas, new guy here.
Im just barely learning about guns. A buddy of mine took me out scouting one day and started talking to me about it and been hooked ever since. Been reading here for awhile so wanted to join and say thanks to all of you for the great info here

Jerry

Baldy Mesa
11-10-2009, 9:05 PM
Hello to the community, this is the quickest I have registered for anything on the net! Great site and can't wait to talk with my fellow Californios regarding our 2nd amendment rights. Living in the OC now, I grew up in the south San Gabriel Valley, and took my firearms safety class at the Long Beach police range ('71).

ch3ck5ix
11-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Howdy Calgunners!

New guy here and just picked up my new Glock 23 the other day. After all the anxiety to jailbreak my gun now I'm itching to go out to the range to try it out, but too busy with work :( Hopefully I'll run into some of you either at Angeles, Burro Canyon or Burbank Firing Line.

Best wishes!

DrDP
11-11-2009, 1:08 PM
Hey Jerry ... Hey Baldy ... Until the Regulars catch up, let me welcome U to CalGuns.net! I am interested in 'Open Carry' rallies in SoCal, so we can open public Awareness 4 the need 2 promote the 2A rights on 'The Left Coast'!
Wat Say U?

DrDP
11-11-2009, 1:16 PM
& theres ch3! Smile WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME 2U2! Not Familiar w/ Angeles, Burro Canyon or Burbank Firing Line. I am in Inland Empire and will B @ 'FrontSight NV Fri!

jdberger
11-11-2009, 1:17 PM
Hey Jerry ... Hey Baldy ... Until the Regulars catch up, let me welcome U to CalGuns.net! I am interested in 'Open Carry' rallies in SoCal, so we can open public Awareness 4 the need 2 promote the 2A rights on 'The Left Coast'!
Wat Say U?

Dude.

Could you please stop typing in shorthand?

UOC rallies are presently discouraged due to political considerations. Please confer with pullandshoot25 for more information.

Welcome to the forum.

DrDP
11-11-2009, 9:46 PM
Dude.

Could you please stop typing in shorthand?

UOC rallies are presently discouraged due to political considerations. Please confer with pullandshoot25 for more information.

Welcome to the forum.
Hey JD!
It Is Dr. Dude! The short hand has more info than just throwing out there:

Please confer with pullandshoot25 for more information.

Wat or where is all this Info found @! :confused: Tnx 4 the reply! Appreciate the help!
Dr.DP

Surf Hunter
11-12-2009, 9:23 AM
New to the board.
I must say, there is a wealth of information in these forums. I am planning on buying a .223 at the first of the year and am amazed at how in depth the information is here regarding OLL's and purchasing.
I am glad to be here and hope to contribute.

Tom

jdberger
11-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey JD!

Wat or where is all this Info found @! :confused: Tnx 4 the reply! Appreciate the help!
Dr.DP

Right in the blue bar at the top. Third drop down from the right. "Search".

Type in "open carry".

Click "show posts".

Read threads with pullandshoot25 in them.

:xeno:

familyguy
11-15-2009, 2:57 PM
Hello All,

New to guns and stumbled onto Calguns in my research and I'm glad I did. This forum is a wealth of information. Will be picking up my Benelli Nova and Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader this week. Can't wait to get started.

LTPhoon
11-18-2009, 1:02 PM
Hi, all! My name is Cal and I am from the frostbitten State of Vermont where the only thing we may not do gun-wise is fit one with a can. Because if you get caught it is a $25.00 fine!

I came to Calguns via Sniper's Hide where I learned of a Falcon Menace group buy that Frank of Irvington arms allowed me to join after the close of the buy. I received the scope late last week and it is a beauty.

However, I scratched the bejeebers out of the bottom of the reticle housing while using a shim with a big ol' burr on it during a hasty and ill-advised attempt to square the scope with the recipient rifle, alas.

I would ask you folks two things: Anybody know how to fix the resultant gouge and refinish the area? And may I cross-post this after a decent interval on another part of the forum?

Please PM me or whatever is convenient and thanks for the read!

NoahH
11-18-2009, 3:09 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Noah as you might assume, I'm a CA native, just got out of the military earlier this year and moved back to attend college. Was searching around the net to figure out all these new gun laws I have to abide by (Was stationed in WA), very informative place and some very nice gun porn!

pullnshoot25
11-18-2009, 4:14 PM
Hey JD!

Dr.DP

Excuse the misspelling, it is pullnshoot25 not pullandshoot25

Please read some posts here and even my blog to see what is going on in the OC community.

Also, PLEASE use normal writing for posting. Twitter language is for twitterpaters (wordplay!), tweens and teens. I do get a headache and a strong desire to vomit when seeing adults posting like that.

5150bronco
11-18-2009, 7:44 PM
Hello there. looking to learn a thing or two. thanks for the this forums support.

emvampyre
11-18-2009, 8:49 PM
Evening everyone! Just found this group and it looks like a great place. Just wanted to say hello!

Rich

Bulleye
11-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Finally came over from CPC, look forward to being a part of this forum too.

madbretbeyondthunderdome
11-19-2009, 8:47 AM
Just thought I would introduce myself. Be reading the forums for quite some time, lurking quietly in the backround. Decided it was as good a time as any to make things official and thank some folks for all the good things that CGF stands for. So much thanks to Gene and everybody else that helps to make this place what it is. I can only imagine how bad things might be if there weren't folks like you all to stand up for our 2A rights. Thanks again and please keep up the good work. And I'll do what I can to hold up my end as well.

killshot44
11-19-2009, 7:53 PM
I meant to do this earlier........damn procrastination genes.

So hey there. Glad to be a part of something where information is valued!

Gun owner/hunter for over 40 years but newly diagnosed with Black Rifle Disease.

underworld
11-20-2009, 6:45 PM
Hi im new here...this is a great site...lots of info.

Tophog
11-21-2009, 7:59 PM
Former SFV native. Bailed in 2000 when Davis was elected guv.

Apperently RINO Arnie is no better.

I moved next door to a free state, but keep up with the shenanigans by watching L.A. news.

Brockway Gun & Knife
11-22-2009, 9:43 AM
Greetings Calgunners,
I am glad to be a part of this forum. Thanks for welcoming me to your place. I am looking forward to helping others find what they need, and ask a few questions of my own. Thanks again!

ChronoCube
11-22-2009, 7:18 PM
Hello. I grew up in San Jose and now I live in Dallas. However, I still have friends & family in CA (as well as friends on this forum that I know in person). I'm mainly interested in C&R rifles.

ditmeus
11-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi, just became a new member today. I plan on getting my first handgun before the new year and so I'm what you would can a newb. My first question would be, which section of the board would I post a question regarding whether a gun is legal to transfer into california and also about specific gun model designation? Well thanks for making a great forum for california gun owners and reading my post.

eszepher
11-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Just joined the site and am DAMN glad to be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nrvnqsrxk
11-24-2009, 3:56 PM
Hey guys,

Just found this site last night while researching handguns to purchase. I'm a senior attending the University of Southern California majoring in Business Admin., and look forward to learning and contributing to this board.

I've been looking at the Handgun Pics forum and they are making me drool :(

NapaCountyShooter
11-24-2009, 5:14 PM
Hey everybody, my name is Jonah. I'm 29 years old and I live in Napa county and have been into guns since I was a kid. I'd love to meet some people from around here that I could go shooting with. Glad to be here. I've already learned a lot reading through the forums.

dellgsg5
11-24-2009, 9:25 PM
Hello new to this forums.

neanyoe
11-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey Cal Guns!

New to this forum. Signed up about a week ago and have just been clicking around learning some terms and educating myself. I was always around guns as a kid but did not shoot my first one until the age of 11 while on vacation in Hawaii. Now am 22 years old and from Nor Cal.. I went to an outdoor range with a coworker and shot my first 16g+12g n hit 18/25 pigeons! then a couple of their rifles ( .223's .22's and .238's ..i believe? ) and am now addicted to the sport. I will be purchasing my first handgun and maybe rifle as a christmas present.. to myself :P and will continue to practice and learn as the years go by.

I hope to learn a lot from here and the people I go out with.
Thank you!

question, where can I find a post about all the abbreviations and terms used on here?

cheeple
11-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Hello everyone, I am a noob to this site. A whole lot of useful information here. I currently own 20 weapons a mix of pistols and rifles. I will soon be putting together my first Ca. legal AR, I cant wait:D . I currently am sitting here at work doing research on uppers and all that good stuff. Work can wait another day or two.

anyways good to be here, see ya all around.

Hey I want a california legal Ar-15, can you buy them straight out or do you have to build them yourself?

cheeple
11-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Hi, I'm writing you from Concord CA and I own a glock 19 and now I want a rifle or shotgun, I need something that you can run through the mud and will keep working like my glock, something that will last long term incase of economic collapse/anarchy etc. I was thinking about the mossberg 12 gauge pump for $259 at big 5 or the m1 garand also on sale at big 5 for $599 but others on this site say it's junk.

Colt-45
11-27-2009, 1:37 AM
I'm new here and very happy to be here:cool2:

fryer1979
11-28-2009, 2:32 PM
Hey all. I've been lurking as a visitor for a while now and finally decided to join your community. I've been a gun enthusiast for a few years now but my primary interest was, is, and always will be classic cars. I live in a relatively small town in the northeastern corner of the state called Susanville. So far I have been able to gather a descent little collection with almost 8 guns total. I've got a Remington 870 12 guage, Remington 1100 12 guage, Marlin bolt action .22, a Yugoslavian SKS, a Taurus model 65 .357 revolver (the wife's favorite), a Glock 23, and a Glock 27. The almost 8th gun is an AR-15 I am in the middle of assembling; I've got the lower complete (BMG Raptor with DPMS internals), and am saving for the upper in a few weeks. Sorry the introduction is a bit long winded, I just wanted to say hello and become a contributing member of this community. Thanks for the great site and the valuable info contained therein. :)

modsdone
11-28-2009, 5:21 PM
Hi,

I'm in So Cal and have been out of touch ref. good old AR platforms for 8 years. Been concentrating on bolt actions and takedowns and hunting overseas stuff like the "BB" have tweaked my interest again and want to start building a AR10 platform. So thanks for the resource here and let's keep the ball rolling!

royrapoport
11-28-2009, 10:14 PM
I've been a firearms owner for ... well, just a little after my 18th birthday. I haven't had a .223 rifle for a few years now (despite still having a thousand or two .223 rounds, still), and want to get back to having some sort of light-weight rifle to complement my M1A.

Talked with my wife last night and told her I wanted a new rifle for my birthday (will likely go for the Kel-Tec SU-16CA), to which she said "don't you already have a bunch of rifles?" I said "well, but I don't have a lighter-weight .223 rifle," at which point her eyes glazed a little and then she said "well, I really don't have a leg to stand on, given that I have twelve corsets."

I love my wife.

-roy

cc4usmc
12-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Just found this site the other day and since it's a Cali based site, I had to join. I may be new to this site, but I'm not new to forums, so I'll try to keep the noobness to a minimum :p

Anyhow, I don't currently own a firearm, but will hopefully be able to build my first m4gery (right?) soon. I've always been about quality, something I got from my dad, so I'm think about putting together a 16" 5.56 LMT upper and Noveske lower. I haven't got farther then that, so I'll be doing my research and making my list.

That's all from me now. :D

MoBait
12-01-2009, 7:42 PM
Hey guys, I live in San Diego and work at Seaforth Landing in Mission Bay. My hobbies include: fishing. Purchased my first firearm last week (Glock 22). Got it for home defense as well as practicing my marksmanship. Next weapon I am considering is a Remington 870 Tactical for which I think the Glock will be a nice compliment.

Glad to be part of the forum guys.

pahker
12-03-2009, 8:35 AM
Hi...I'm from AZ, former Marine 66-69, like to target shoot.

Trey1191
12-04-2009, 12:21 AM
buying my first firearm this week, getting a Cal Legal OLL and have been lurking for a while learning the laws and checking th AW ID flowchart to make sure I was in accordance with Cali law. Awesome sight and great resource

bumperm
12-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi all,

Left the kids in charge of the company and bailed from CA in '03 for NV. Really, soaring and less crowding were the main reasons. But NV has more reasonable firearms laws too - - any law abiding citizen can have a loaded weapon in their car (road rage is almost unheard of!), we can even have machine guns, suppressors, and as many rounds in our clips as we dang well please (coming from CA, this seems amazing!).

I'm an ex-Oakland CA cop, '71 -'80. Interests include machining, welding, all things mechanical, inventing, soaring gliders, flying small aircraft, shooting, reloading, road and mountain biking, and grandkids

bumperm
Minden

ncreptile
12-05-2009, 7:53 PM
deleted

dragonfly422
12-05-2009, 9:58 PM
Yay! A girl! (you are a girl, no?)

We need more women here. Seriously.

Welcome to CalGuns, please excuse the mess.

and here's another

bolo33
12-06-2009, 4:22 PM
Hello Everyone

It's great to find a forum where I can learn and attempt to build my first AR. I hope there are plenty of tutorials that are east to follow. Because there are so many questions I have.

Thanks Everyone!

Hapiguns
12-06-2009, 8:23 PM
Whats UUUPPP !!!! I'm the new kid on the block ready to talk GUNS!! Very happy to become a member of CALGUNS. Anybody Want to Buy a Lee Precision 4 Die .44 mag set? Let me know:

Deadbolt
12-07-2009, 1:49 PM
Hi there - great site! Lots of info.

Kind of a bummer reason I'm here: I was googling the Whincester Gun Club USFS permitting issue in Santa Barbara and I saw a post about it here. Anyway I'm new to the sport and I am mostly into the C&R classification of rifles atm ( 8mm Yugo Mauser).

Great site - lots of info. Thanks for making the forum available!

RGERBER
12-07-2009, 4:20 PM
Hello,

I am new to the site, i just got back in to shooting after a 20 yr. absence, my ammo reloading room got turned into a babys room, diapers were more important, bla, bla, bla.

Anyway did my CCW raining and have been approved and just waiting for my permit in the mail.

Dangerpin
12-07-2009, 4:26 PM
Welcome back from the land of diapers and sleeplessness!

swift707
12-07-2009, 6:30 PM
Whats going on guys and gals! I've decided to go shop for a firearm. Something to bring to the shooting range and for home protection. Googled some stuff and stumbled onto this site and since I'm from Cali, this site is PERFECT! Will be doing a lot of research on this site! Thanks!

biorunner
12-10-2009, 12:23 AM
At least you can research uppers at work. If I try to look up anything that even resembles a gun I get blocked I have to rely on my iphone to do any decent web browsing at work.

jdberger
12-10-2009, 10:23 AM
At least you can research uppers at work. If I try to look up anything that even resembles a gun I get blocked I have to rely on my iphone to do any decent web browsing at work.

Sometimes this little trick works.

Type an "s" after the "http" in your browser. It works to let Brownells and MidwayUSA stuff through the firewall. It might help with some other websites.

h/t to Artherd for that one...

23 Blast
12-11-2009, 4:13 AM

I'm in the same boat. Brand new here, hello to all. Like I said, I'm new to calguns, but I've been collecting and shooting guns now for oh about 12 years. I used to be a regular on Tuco's Mosin-Nagant forums, as mosins were my intro to the shooting sports, and I'm an occassional poster on the 1911 website under the handle "Misfit."

However, lik biorunner, anything even remotely gun-related is filtered and blocked by my computers at work. We can't even go to the turners or big 5 websites! So iPhone access is it for me

dstiltner
12-11-2009, 4:14 PM
I have been on the site for a few months but have not posted anything until now. I am a shooting enthusiast and 1911 addict. This is a great site with really good people.

luvnlife916
12-12-2009, 9:19 AM
Hello fellow gun enthusiasts. I came across this sight when researching whether or not to buy a Saiga .308 or 7.62X39. Great sight, lots of good info. I bought a Saiga .308, by the way.

New Idria1
12-13-2009, 9:31 AM
Hello,
I am fairly new here, what I am needing help with is leaving feedback. Mainly where do I find transaction numbers?
Thanks

Inviscid07
12-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone. I have been on calguns for a while now to obtain information and now I finally took the time to join! :)

DGlover
12-14-2009, 7:11 PM
Hello I registered a while back and haven't really posted or spent much time seems like a cool site.

McCullar17
12-15-2009, 8:21 AM
Hey Everyone,

So I have been searching around here on Cal Guns and havn't figured out how to post a page for everyone to see. I'm selling some guns and Just guns gave me the heads up and told me this would be the place to start. Can you please help???

Thanks a bunch guys!!

eddymunster
12-16-2009, 10:25 AM
:seeya: Howdy. I came across your site researching a vendor. Look forward to good info and witty banter.

eddymunster

Doru
12-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Finally made the jump. Been a looonnnng time lurker. Just got on the board.

About myself - I'm a LEO in the So Cal area. Been shooting for about 20 years. I enjoy training and studying the finer aspects of the craft.

Drew

randver
12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
hello all,
new lurker here. im a U.S.Navy Hospital Corpsman X 13 yrs. 9 of which have been spent with the Marines so far. i am currently doing my 10 day wait on a calguns lower receiver from JD Machine Tech. which i got at a great price from them. great site, with lots of usefull info. i think im going to wear out the search function lol.

randver

Hector
12-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Long time lurker...first time poster. :)

I finally have a question! yay!

Chrisa85
12-16-2009, 5:30 PM
Hi, I am new to Calguns I have owned my 40 cal SW for about 4 years. I live in California and I was trying to find some laws on open carry and ran across this site. California doesn't have any information (at least on the net) about open carry because they probably don't want people to know their rights on that issue. I am a firm believer on my right to carry. Anyone who knows the laws on Open carry in CA I would appreciate it.

AlexB
12-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Hello, just recently joined Calguns. I'm a knife collector and am a starting gun collector. Right now, I own a Mossberg 930 but am hoping to pick up a Benelli Supernova some time soon.

jpeoples
12-17-2009, 6:28 PM
In this forum you will find ( After we've had some time to move, make or link to them ) threads with some basic forum information such as how to post pictures and polls. You will also find links to various threads, documents and FAQs regarding some of the more commonly asked questions.

This forum also serves as a place to introduce yourself to the rest of the members. So let us know a little about yourself! ;)

Just another nub, Been around guns all of my life having started out with a Stevens single shot 20 gauge. I hope to learn from the site.

silvergs
12-18-2009, 4:17 PM
hello, Noob here! just picked up my first handgun from a member here..sig p229r. hope to learn a ton from you guys

crud
12-18-2009, 4:18 PM

Alatus
12-19-2009, 2:25 PM
Hello,
I am new to this forum, and have been plundering it for information - and it has served me quite well so far!! I am a multiple weapon owner, but not yet rabid about collecting more... although I do see an AR variant being built next year. I am not thin-skinned, and I am trainable, so if I say something stoopit - feel free to edumacate me!!

John

Lamchop0000
12-19-2009, 9:15 PM
hi, calguns!

just signed up, hoping to build my first CA legal ar15 rifle. :p

Lam

bline01
12-20-2009, 10:16 PM
hey guys/gals,

after lurking and learning the threads of calguns for years, i finally decided to join...you can never have too many nubs! ;)

Ezzie
12-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi, I'm new too, but married to a member here who finally convinced me to join. I know practically next to nothing about guns, but I'm trying to do better.

six10
12-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi. Began lurking here earlier this year and bought my first gun(s) recently. I had no idea how fun shooting is! (Maybe I owe a "thank you" to the creep who broke in and convinced me I needed a gun? I'll be sure to "thank" him if he ever comes back! )

sonofsarge
12-21-2009, 3:34 PM
Hey everyone. New member here from Missouri. Met a few Calgunners at the 2009 Gun Rights Policy Conference held this year in St. Louis. Learned alot about the state of affairs in Ca. I'm a Director/Moderator on MissouriCarry.com as well as a Director on our state NRA affiliate, Missouri Sport Shooting Assn. Also the owner of Winfield Firearms Training, where I teach NRA Basic Pistol and Missouri CCW. Looking forward to making friends here.

Hopi
12-21-2009, 3:52 PM
Welcome!!!

hiroshima711
12-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi everyone,
new to the site, rather new to shooting in general. was raised around shotguns, and rifles but know nothing about handguns or hical rifles. i have mainly 38spl's, 357 mag's 22lr handguns and rifle's a couple of 12g and 20g's and 1 7.62x39. just thought id sign up and see what i can learn!

speeedracerr
12-22-2009, 4:38 AM
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello... I am a firearms enthusiast as Im sure most of us are, and enjoy collecting firearms, (not necessarily collectibles) that appeal to me.

I use to work at the Pasadena, California Turners Outdoorsman in the late 1990's so I had the privilege to handle some of the finest arms in the store, let alone purchase them :D

In any case, hello forum and hope to learn alot from everyone here!

E.

kdmmcc
12-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Hello all, just joined CALGUNS and spent the evening pouring over posts, (much to my fiancee' chagrin). Long time pistol shooter, looking to expand from punching holes in static paper. Hope to find more ranges in North County... and just learning about this CA AR gun building craze, need to learn more.
s/f

cbp210
12-22-2009, 2:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just joined Calguns and wish I new about this site when I lived in CA. I used to live in San Mateo, CA until I moved to Texas six years ago. I really enjoy the friendly pro gun State of Texas. I joined because I still care about knowing how I can help with all the stupid laws that keep getting passed in CA.

MoPatriot
12-22-2009, 2:07 PM
Hey All !! Just joined today.. Living in the State of Missouri for now, but was born and raised in Ca... Moved out in 1999.. Still go back and visit once in a while LOL

GREAT LOOKING BOARD I see here !!

rero360
12-22-2009, 4:15 PM
Hello everyone, joined up a few days and have been reading a ton of information on the site regarding Cali gun laws. I was directed to this site by members of the snipershide, I've been a member there for a few years now.

I'm currently living in western NY and will be moving to Pasadena in a few weeks, should actually be getting there around the 12th or 13th of Jan. so if anyone in that area wants to help me get my safe up a few stairs at the apartment complex I'd appreciate it lol. I'm not all moved in here in Pasadena. Was a long and for the most part boring drive cross country.

Lets see, I'm in the National Guard, just over 9 years now, 6 years infantry in a scout platoon and the last 3 as a MP with one tour of Iraq under my belt, and will be becoming a Forward Observer once I get to school. I also work for an armored car company.

I plainly into long range percision shooting, have competed in a few modified F-class compitions with my heavily modded savage. Really looking foreward to finding some long distance ranges out nearby.

BerkeleyGunOwner
12-22-2009, 8:45 PM
Hey everyone -

I'm so surprised that "BerkeleyGunOwner" was still available as a screen name :).

Well, as the name suggests, I'm a Berkeley grad student --- but also a gun-owner. I decided that I should combine shooting with studying - and so I'm planning to do my dissertation on the gun-rights movement.

Anyway, what this means is that I'll be spending a lot of time hanging out on Calguns (which I'm already addicted to...)...and you'll probably see me posting questions that are pretty obvious to all of you :)...so please bear with me! You'll likely also see me at Bay Area shoot outs, too :).

For those of you that I've already met in person --- nice to see you online! And for those that I haven't met --- feel free to ask me anything about my dissertation...I'm probably going to eventually end up doing interviews with gun activists, so if you're interested in spending some time talking about one of your favorite topics (guns), feel free to PM me!

- jenny

rkt88edmo
12-23-2009, 7:52 AM
Fun - so what are you getting your doc in? Anthro? Poli Sci? High power?

Go Bears!

Hey everyone -

I'm so surprised that "BerkeleyGunOwner" was still available as a screen name :).

Well, as the name suggests, I'm a Berkeley grad student --- but also a gun-owner. I decided that I should combine shooting with studying - and so I'm planning to do my dissertation on the gun-rights movement.

Anyway, what this means is that I'll be spending a lot of time hanging out on Calguns (which I'm already addicted to...)...and you'll probably see me posting questions that are pretty obvious to all of you :)...so please bear with me! You'll likely also see me at Bay Area shoot outs, too :).

For those of you that I've already met in person --- nice to see you online! And for those that I haven't met --- feel free to ask me anything about my dissertation...I'm probably going to eventually end up doing interviews with gun activists, so if you're interested in spending some time talking about one of your favorite topics (guns), feel free to PM me!

- jenny

1shot
12-23-2009, 8:35 AM
Hello fellow Californians;

New guy here. Baptized into shooting more than three decades ago, when I was 12, after firing a 7mm rifle at a range in Saratoga. Bro-in-law decided to teach me everything I needed to know in that 1shot. Now, I use ear plugs, breath right, squeeze the trigger gently, never put the stock in my arm pit, and I keep the scope a good distance from my dominant eye. :D

My collection ranges from Curio such as K31, Enfield, and Nagants to more modern arms such as Springfield's SOCOM16 and the O-ringed HK Expert. Lately, through the help of a local shop here in the Bay Area, I finished my first AR15 project...with the 'bullet button' of course. ;)

Hope to meeting many of you through the forums.:)

DamageInc
12-23-2009, 9:10 AM
Hello everyone, I'm not new to Calguns but haven't posted much in the last few years. Having kids takes up a lot of your time! I originally joined when Calguns was new, in about 2001 or 2002, but for some reason my post count vanished a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm Mike and I live in Riverside.

Matttttf
12-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey guys I am a new member located in Rancho Cucamonga. I plan on purchasing my first gun at the gun show on Jan 2.

BerkeleyGunOwner
12-26-2009, 5:16 PM
Fun - so what are you getting your doc in? Anthro? Poli Sci? High power?

Go Bears!

Thanks for asking...sociology :).

NoExpert
12-27-2009, 9:52 AM
I previously joined under another user name a while back but never posted. Then in my efforts to standardize I recently reregistered with my usual user name, it fits better anyway.

I only have 1 1/2 rifles and a pistol at the moment but am working on expanding that...hard to do on unemployment though.

I'm in Riverside and usually drive up to Angeles Shooting Range due to the 600 yard range they have (shooting .308/7.62 gets boring at 100 yards).

I'm usually on M14TFL.com most of the time since I've learned the most about building and working on my M14 variant there. I've just started on building my first AR (Noveske N4, the 1/2 a rifle I have) and hope to finish it up by June. The M14 variant will be getting it's 22" barrel removed and having an 18.5" barrel installed around June as well.

Hope read and learn more here.

M14 Junkie
12-28-2009, 1:44 PM
Hello. New to the board. Not new to firearms. I will be moving to my vacation home in Truckee Ca. when I retire Feb 1st. Any good places to shoot (outdoor preferred) around here? Or can anyone steer me to the best place to post this question?

Glad to be aboard and I hope I can contribute to the forums .

Regards,

Mike

JeePerz
01-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Howdy folks,

I'm JP, recently moved to California.

I have relatively little shooting experience, looking for cool cats to go to ranges with.

Regards and loads of ammo!
JP

Nom de Guerre
01-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Howdy folks,

I have relatively little shooting experience, looking for cool cats to go to ranges with.

JP

JP, We seem to be frequenting the same places. Welcome to Calguns, mon frere!

Gio
01-03-2010, 1:08 AM
Howdy folks,

JP

Where abouts are you now? Welcome to CA guns!

-Gio

JeePerz
01-03-2010, 9:52 AM
Salut mon frre! It looks like I have "good-taste" in forums! ;)

Gio I'm in the West-LA area, but if it involves an outing I'm willing to go the extra mile ... :D

Again, it's a pleasure to be on this forum and hopefully, with time, I'll get to know more of you gals and guys on-here ... :cool:

Regards and best new year wishes to everyone!
Jean-Pierre

Toma
01-03-2010, 9:34 PM
Finally got around to joining; been lurking around for several weeks now absorbing as much as I can. Now that my stint of unemployment is through, I can finally get started on this new hobby!

MARINE4LIFE
01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone new to the site, but have read a lot of good posts.
I have 1 complete M4 and working on my second, 1 GsG-5 and its a blast, 1 20 gauge shotgun, and two pistols 9mm and 40 cal. and im looking for a winchester 30-30, but hope to read more good posts

demerson
01-04-2010, 7:13 AM
Hello everyone. I've been lurking here now and then,just became a user.
i've been into shooting and hunting since i was a kid. some 30 years now.
just recently i've added a new weapon to my arsenal. a ruger 10/22. thanks wifey for the great xmas present. from what i can see they arent the 10/22's of old. glad to be a part of your community.

Schtzenweber
01-05-2010, 7:08 AM
This forum is a great resource and I look forward to participating.

I'm located behind the Orange Curtain and like to shoot steel targets.
Have developed some great A500 swinger designs and fabricate them at my shop.

Also, do the United States a favor and don't buy from China.
Let's bring our manufacturing jobs back to where they belong - Stateside.

Cheers everybody!

Nantucket
01-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Hello from New England.Been in the woods and marshes most of my life.Teaching my 11yr old son and 13 yr old daughter what I know ,and learning more as we go.

Davidtotal
01-05-2010, 9:33 PM
Hi. I'm David from US. Please when join here. And hope this site will develop.
I'm a driver. And wishing you are successful.:)

Protecter
01-05-2010, 9:33 PM
Thanx for having me .Looking forward to everyones interesting views.

Aries_Ranger
01-06-2010, 4:26 AM
Good Morning,

New to the forum.

21 Year Active Duty Army Infantry living in SoCal. Retire in May.

Glad to be here and looking forward to learning and sharing on the boards.

derteufel
01-06-2010, 9:58 AM
Good morning, all. I've been lurking for a while, decided to make it official. My current rifles are a Mauser Gew98 (receiver marked 1905 Spandau) and a Savage-Stevens .22lr semi-auto. I am currently building an AR. I am prior service Marine Corps.

applevalleyjoe
01-06-2010, 3:41 PM
Hello from New England.Been in the woods and marshes most of my life.Teaching my 11yr old son and 13 yr old daughter what I know ,and learning more as we go.

Bit chilly there recently, eh? It was 74 degrees and sunny here yesterday, poolside! :cool: Almost made it up your way this past Fall...maybe next October.

HalfMeltingEyes
01-07-2010, 4:32 AM
Hello, I'm David, 18 and living in Alhambra.

I have a No.4 Mk1, and a 91/30. Hopefully I can get my hands on an AR sometime in the near future.

I am hoping to increase the time I spend shooting, and maybe to start reloading.

Mad Scotsman
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
A friend turned me on to this site, been looking around for a while and just joined. Out of the Dark ages and back into shooting, teaching my 6 and 7 year old gun safety. Great site, lots of info.

Lady Hawk
01-08-2010, 7:58 AM
Hi y'all I am new to the forum. Thanks to all for this great website where we can come in and learn about current issues regarding our rights.

I believe in and strive to preserve the Constitution. Out of our Bill of Rights the right to have and bear arms is one of the most important so that We The People will always have the means to rise up against a tyrannical government. But most of all we need the right to have and bear arms to protect ourselves, our loved ones and our own country.

~Lady Hawk

I have a question:
How does a P345Ruger handle 45wadcutters? I heard they stick.

big_dog187
01-08-2010, 8:42 AM
I am brand new to the site I am nosing around and enjoying what I have come across thus far. Thanks so much for the opportunity to post and I am looking forward to further and future correspondence. Until next time God speed and happy trails to you and yours and remember always to keep smiling until then....

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got...." Pastor Adrian Rogers

Regards,
Dave Davidson
Paducah, KY.

Thecam311
01-09-2010, 9:56 AM
Hey I'm new here, this would be my first gun forum to join. I've started my gun collection now and I'd like to get as much info as possible and also be a part of a great community like this one.

O_S_P_76
01-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Hello, looking forward to reading and getting back on it, been away from shooting for about 15 yrs., (lots of changes).
My first project will include an off list AR style lower in .308.
Need a rig for pigs and paper.

My handle stands for:

Old School Patriot 1776

the birth year of these United States of America.

Currently reading "Common Sense", Beck's version.

waterworks
01-09-2010, 7:13 PM
Hi folks,I just found out about this site today.I have two handguns , and one on the way. Recent elections woke me up,and now I have a new hobby.I'm having a "blast" with my 14 year old daughter at the range.

BigTex2012
01-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Hey yall just a little bit about myself originally from Texas but reside in California. I currently own 2 pistols a Sig P220 euro and Springfield XD tactical .45. Im a noob to this site and my next project is building an AR-15. Where is a good place to start like a checklist?

Canon in L
01-10-2010, 6:03 PM
Hello,
I have been lurking around the past few days admiring the site you have here and the knowledgeable people you have. Quite a wealth of information and thanks for having this site.
I have:
Winchester 12ga 101 field
Winchester 70 .243 varmit
Browning Buckmark.
S & W 19-4 and 17-4 target
Ruger Blackhawk
SIG 229 in .40
for giggles a Beeman P1
I wish I could shoot more than I do, which is rarely.
Kevin

Beee Ceee
01-10-2010, 9:47 PM
Hello All,

I have just rekindled my handgun fetish recently and have been told about this website from a co-worker of mine. I've been looking, researching, lurking around as many websites trying to make the best decision on a new 9mm handgun. I must say that this site has been even more informative since I live in the Bay Area and want to stay abreast to California gun legislation.

Thanks to all and I hope to be able to add to the already great information....

Beee Ceee

Woo
01-14-2010, 7:25 AM
New here. Just checking in.

clintiam
01-14-2010, 9:22 PM
If I post a quick reply, will it end up on the same page I typed on, or the very last page in the post?

clintiam
01-14-2010, 9:23 PM
OK and I've answered my own question.

1madmnky
01-16-2010, 4:41 PM
I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to start posting since I'm going to be spending a lot more time on the range.
my son joined the Army and my girlfriend's currently in the police academy.

Hoooch
01-16-2010, 9:35 PM
Hey guys... new to the forum. Currently have a Rem 870, and will soon be purchasing my first pistol... and then my second, and so on :D

Plywood
01-17-2010, 9:31 AM
New member here sayin' hi

jjmat3
01-17-2010, 1:55 PM
Lurked long enough, Hello from the high desert!

Tec9
01-17-2010, 7:25 PM
Hi, from a Socal newbie!!! :cheers2:

sylfkcalb
01-19-2010, 5:55 PM
Finally a place where i can talk about guns and not get some lame *** talking about guns kill people blah blah blah.....

Dangerpin
01-19-2010, 7:50 PM
Indeed, welcome to the peaceful island port in the seas of insanity.

WRED
01-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I am a new guy who has been lurking for a while and decided to join. I grew up hunting and shooting in Louisiania and moved to PRK. This place sucks for gun owners. I know I am preaching to the choir.

Have a Kimber Custom II .45ACP, S&W 9MM M&P, CZ55 .308 Kevlar, old SKS, multiple shotguns and .22 Ruger (best gun ever made).

I am waiting for my .357 Ruger to be released from its 10 day PRK holding status. So I guess it is not mine yet.

Anyway, Hello I am new to the site.

Marine-Vet
01-21-2010, 12:07 PM
I just joined today and wanted to say hello. I am a ex Marine vet and wanted to know if there is a chapter in the San Jaoquin county or are they all in the bay area?

Thanks

Marine-Vet
01-22-2010, 5:01 AM
Hi my name is Aaron and i joined on the 21st. I'm a x-Marine vet of 10 yrs and two gulf wars. I am glad to see that you guys are trying to protect our rights and freedoms. I think it is very inportant that we need to teach the public about there right to bear arms to protect themselves.
Hope to hear from someone and maybe meet some members
Semper Fi

Mojocava
01-23-2010, 9:33 PM
Hello Calguns! ive been ghosting reading here for a while and thought it was time to join. I love all the great info here I am currently working on a lwrc m6a2 build.
~Matt

KaLiFORNIA
01-24-2010, 1:04 PM
1st off great site, tons of info!!! Back in 03 i wanted an AR-15 but in our fine state... i couldn't have one. So i got a Kel-Tec SU-16b ( it takes AR mags) Dont get me wrong its a good light weight, accurate rifle... but its no AR-15. So along with the bullet button comes MY AR-15:D (I know im a little late but just getting my finances back on point) !! I have an idea of what i want..RELIABILITY, RELIABLITY, RELIABLITY, in 1in 7, with a GOOD trigger, nice finish... i would hate to buy one then find i really wanted somthing else. I have done alot of research... but still have questions. Stainless steel vs 4150, worth the extra money? matched upper and lower better than not? Are M4 feed ramps important ? single vs double stage trigger ? black vs blued extractor, black is stronger? = better? long vs mid vs carbine gas system? h barrel vs m/ SO COM barrel? What is a "2$ gapper" for the pistol grip? single point vs three point sling? Does anyone offer a lifetime warrenty? Maybe even another gun on the AR platform, ruger sr 556 ? I plan on taking carbine classes with it. Otherwise it will be my SHTF / target shooting gun. Im not rich.. can spend about 2 grand including EOTEC sight. So about 1600. THANK YOU in advance!

USMCDOGGY
01-24-2010, 2:46 PM
Hello all, newbie here living in Texas right now but moving to the San Francisco area within the next year. I've been ghost surfing this site for a while trying to pick up info on what is legal and what is not. From what little I have learned, I guess I can pretty much get rid of most everything I own. LOL, the price for moving to Cali...

Thanks for all the great info...

mchandler
01-24-2010, 4:51 PM
Hello My Name is Michael and I live In fortuna. I moved here from Ohio... missed the ocean, and the outdoors.. I am currently studying to be a gunsmith and hope to be up and running with that soon.

ojisan
01-24-2010, 5:14 PM
Great to see so many new members!

Dangerpin...your avatar is already in use by another member who does get banned from time to time.
You might want to pick another one...guilt by association and all that...
:)

dtom69
01-25-2010, 2:25 PM
Newbie here. Just found the site and I am wanting to protect our 2nd amendment - let me re-phrase, I want to keep ALL of our amendments! Anyway, I look forward to learning lots. Thanks in advance for answering my questions.