PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Calguns!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

sirnonz
03-15-2009, 1:50 PM
new here, just want to say wsup to everybody first! name is Simon from oakland, CA. just got my HSC yesterday and hope to learn a lot from here.

ZUMNDAD
03-15-2009, 2:11 PM
Just a quick hello from life behind the Orange Curtain.

Gio
03-15-2009, 6:35 PM
new here, just want to say wsup to everybody first! name is Simon from oakland, CA. just got my HSC yesterday and hope to learn a lot from here.

Nice to have another 510 person on the boards :D I am in CV which is not far from Oak :)

-Gio

Rem222
03-15-2009, 7:32 PM
This is a great web-site for us all. Thanks for the info I have already got. Greetings to all the other SF BayArea members.... (Walnut Creek) Rick

sirnonz
03-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Nice to have another 510 person on the boards :D I am in CV which is not far from Oak :)

-Gio

is this the same Gio with the 04 wrb sti? if so this is kspek lol

Hopi
03-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Welcome to all the new faces!

:party:

Tweak338
03-16-2009, 7:30 PM
25k members today -

Calguns seems to be uber popular these days
:thumbsup:

RossRinSD
03-16-2009, 7:32 PM
Hello everybody.

Superior Shine
03-17-2009, 9:33 AM
Hello calguns. I have a gun collection of mostly WW2 long arms. NRA life member also.

Awesome site!

REDNECK_MAFIA_2
03-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey calguns! Im new to the site but I heard a lot of good things about you guys. Im happy finally an organization is fighting for calfornia's rights. Keep up the good work!

pforcerecon
03-18-2009, 9:41 AM
Hey Calguns, I'm semi new to this site, just haven't taken the time to read through everything. Live in Cali, don't like it as much, looking to get my first AR soon, and will surely look through here for all the help that I know I'm sure to need.

nsmdoc
03-18-2009, 1:33 PM
several folks sent me this link and im glad they did i hope to contribute as much as learn and it will be a pleasure getting to knoe you all heres the link to my channel if you would like to know where i stand on the issues today

http://www.youtube.com/NSMDOC

TheOne
03-18-2009, 5:35 PM
Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself here. I've been lurking on the boards for a while and decided to finally join the forum. I'm an avid gun enthusiast and have been since my dad taught me to shoot when I was fifteen. I'm in San Diego and am always looking to meet and shoot with other members. A quick awesome job to everyone that helps run and moderate the forum!

2ATom
03-18-2009, 7:19 PM
Hey all, Love the site so I joined. Of course, I want to protect my rights to own and use firearms for self defense and also for fun.

Arteel
03-18-2009, 8:33 PM
:seeya:

Welcome!

sixtus
03-19-2009, 1:52 PM
Got introduced to this by a friend of mine. Looking for some stuff to help me in my Security line of work.

But hello!

retiredfirecaptain
03-19-2009, 4:23 PM
Hello Fellow Members,

I have had to carry weapons during the various stages of my short life (68), but I have to admit I am not very knowledgeable about my 2nd amendment rights other than the fact that I have them and that they are being eroded away by those I vehemently disagree with. I finally woke up...to the fact that I have to do a lot more than complain so I started by renewing my CCW, read as much as I can find on websites such as this one, joined as an easy pay Lifetime NRA member, paid for and scheduled a four day defensive gun course at Front Sight, and got onboard with building my own OLL. I checked out the Welcome area for new members and found a message about Stewardship that set the tone of this group. I look forward to learning much from all of you.

247Nino
03-21-2009, 3:29 PM
Hello everyone,
I've been lurking on the outside for a couple weeks now, decided to register since it looks like there's a lot to talk about here!

HDRDR
03-21-2009, 7:24 PM
:yes: I found you.....:D

RossRinSD
03-21-2009, 8:13 PM
:yes: I found you.....:D

but, did you find what you were looking for?

cvgunright
03-25-2009, 9:23 AM
Hi Calguns, I've been lurking for quite a while. Great site with very good info.

RickInWA
03-26-2009, 10:20 PM
I moved up to Washington from Southern California a few years ago.

I miss the weather, and that's about it ;) There's good hunting & fishing up here, plus only half of the anti-gun legislation.

In all seriousness, there is a lot I miss about California. I definately made the right choice for my family, but have some very fond memories of our time in CA.

Libertus
03-27-2009, 3:30 AM
Hello! I've just registered here. I guess I'm a younger member, I'm only 20 years old. I have been raised around guns ever since I was very young as my grandfather was a LEO and my father is ex Mil, and my great uncle (grand uncle??) develops optics for guns and other military hardware.

I currently own a FN Shotgun, a Ruger 10/22, and a Winchester Model 94. I currently live in the Riverside Area as I attend college there, but usually only shoot when I go home once ever few weeks, as I don't think it would be wise to bring my guns anywhere near my school because of the VTech incident.

I hope to get to know you guys! :)

andycee@hotmail.com
03-27-2009, 10:37 PM
I guess this is as good as opportunity to introduce myself. I am a former Marine, past rifle team shooter in high school and college. Almost went into snipers in the Corps, but my gunnie wouldn't let me go. Collect a variety of old and new, long rifles and handguns. Located in Rio Vista, home of the Brave and Feeble.....LOL. Two things I don't understand as a new member. First, what is the purpose of a "bump"? Second, if I want to buy an item that is listed, what do I do? I see postings that say, "I'll take it, PM sent", but how does one send a PM to the seller? Thanks for your help. I'm also an NRA member and hope to join CRPA

jasonnorcal
03-28-2009, 3:56 PM
hey guys and gals. Just joined up and wanted to say hi to all. This a great forum with tons of info.

RossRinSD
03-28-2009, 8:44 PM
hey guys and gals. Just joined up and wanted to say hi to all. This a great forum with tons of info.

Welcome Jason... You'll find more than a few tons of info here. What are you looking for?

Swiftyjuan
03-28-2009, 9:28 PM
Greetings- I am new to this forum but have been hanging around defensivecarry.com for a few years. Someone there mentioned this forum,and I have been lurking here for a few weeks. It is great to see folks from my home state on a shooting forum. I live in Madera, and shoot silhouette mostly (small bore and airpistol). I have my CCW, and am lucky to live in a county that allows it. Thanks for having me!

jasonnorcal
03-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Information I guess. While I have been shooting for a few years I only just got my first handgun (Taurus tracker .357) a year ago, and my first rifle (su-16ca) about 6 mos. ago. I never knew what a OLL was till I joined this site:thumbsup: I thought AR's were totally illegal in occupied territories;) thus my su-16ca. Hehe I just ordered an eotech for it:D

tommygunr
03-29-2009, 1:09 AM
Hello I've been visiting this forum for about 6 months now after hearing a guy at J&R in Livermore talking about it . you guys are very informative about the the laws and have been very helpful . I'm currently waiting for parts to build a OLL . just like allot of people i waited to late and now must pay the price of time . i've been shooting since i was 12, joined the USMC in 1990 left in 98 . Looking forward to chatting with you all .:thumbsup:

BIGCHRIS
03-29-2009, 8:42 AM
New here from Colfax/Sacramento, I know a few people on here and look forward to learning more and buying more.

BRNRone
03-29-2009, 4:02 PM
New calgunner here. Stopping by to say wassup to all you fellow calgunners.

phatmax2
03-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi - From Central NY. And I though NY was tough. There is however alot of great informaiton on the site. Look forward to it.

audi2539
03-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Hello
New from Folsom, CA
So far I got a Mossberg 500.... was saving for S&W 1911 but financial difficulties nullified savings..... maybe I'll get lucky later in the year.
Love the website :)

Teeznutz
03-31-2009, 4:33 PM
Greetings from Socal. Love the site. World of great information and genuine fellow gun enthusiasts. Have 2 handguns (HK and Sig) and 2 rifles (AR-15 and Benelli Shotty). Looking forward to educating myself and meeting all of you.

Troy

MNGLI
03-31-2009, 8:05 PM
Greetings to all from a MN gun lover looking to share and take in any new info. Peace!

:punk:

DigitalAmmunition
03-31-2009, 8:27 PM
Long time lurker, finally decided to join and hop in the fray with you all.

Love the forums! You guys know your stuff

Quemtimebo
03-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi from Los Angeles! Gun totin' Catholic couple here, and we're in a smaaaaaaaaall minority down here, let me tell you. Looking forward to meeting you!

Rogue2215
04-01-2009, 6:45 PM
Hello everyone,

Just checking in and introducing myself. Been a lurker but hope to contribute in the future.

pullnshoot25
04-01-2009, 9:19 PM
Hi from Los Angeles! Gun totin' Catholic couple here, and we're in a smaaaaaaaaall minority down here, let me tell you. Looking forward to meeting you!

Yay for Catholics!

mstsgt
04-02-2009, 2:35 AM
Hi everyone,

just like to introduce myself and say hello. At the moment I am living in Scotland and am preparing to move to California.
I saw all the interesting threads and have to say I would need some help with all the rules regarding firearms in California.
Mostly I hope to meet some people who are into firearms like me to chat with and perhaps tell me about the shooting scene in California.

Talk to you soon
Peter

radrs
04-02-2009, 4:29 PM
Are complete stag arm ar15's with bullet button and ten round mags legal in california???

Wayneard3413
04-02-2009, 5:59 PM
Hello all,

Received the link to this site and figured you can never have too many sources of information so I signed up

-Wayne

KAVEMAN762
04-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Are complete stag arm ar15's with bullet button and ten round mags legal in california???

Yes, but besides what you listed, there is more to it, into keeping it legal.(flash suppressor, rifle OverAllLength,etc.) Check out the banned list of AR15 style rifles, and study that and any other rifles you are interested in. if they are not on the list, they are considered OLLs. There are links in this section, as well as on the top header bar. Check out the flow charts, check out how to keep certain features on your rifle, and other options and routes.

RossRinSD
04-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey everybody -

Hey Saigon1965

RossRinSD
04-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi everyone,

just like to introduce myself and say hello. At the moment I am living in Scotland and am preparing to move to California.
I saw all the interesting threads and have to say I would need some help with all the rules regarding firearms in California.
Mostly I hope to meet some people who are into firearms like me to chat with and perhaps tell me about the shooting scene in California.

Talk to you soon
Peter

Tell us about the shooting scene in Scotland. What do you guys have over there, whats illegal?

Last1Left
04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
what's up everybody?... new guy here

WFAInc
04-03-2009, 3:46 PM
Hello everyone, newbie here. Was reccomended to this site by a police officer. I'm a gun dealer wanting to learn more about cali's gun laws and was told this is the best place.

PatriotnMore
04-03-2009, 4:26 PM
Welcome. Lots of good stuff to read, search function will answer many of the questions you may have, and be sure to look over the stickys on the different forum topics.

bigjack_mc'b
04-03-2009, 5:22 PM
hay wood just say hi my wife and I have been getting in to guns for the last year or so and always fine the best info on here so thought I'd sign up

LeadIntoGold
04-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Hello, I am new to Cal guns. Just feeling my way around the forums and such. I am a very libertarian, gun loving, outdoor loving, American. I have an XD .45 and my trusty and favorite cz-24 8mm mauser.

Waiting for the C&R paperwork to go through, and looking for an affordable .380acp and an M1 Carbine.

Always looking for tips on where to go shooting.

Dmitri Molotov
04-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Hey guys. I'm coming from El Dorado County.
I don't really consider myself liberal anymore (due to their misguided opinions on gun law, nuclear power, etc.) but my political views are mainly progressive with a few libertarian aspects. Most importantly though, I'm a California Secessionist. So if nothing else, I should at least bring some interesting conversation to the table. :)
Currently I don't own any guns (I'm only in high school) but I plan on getting a Taurus PT1911 or a Beretta Px4 .45 when I come of age, and openly carrying. I definitely consider myself a gun enthusiast though.

Ghostwheel
04-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Howdy,

I'm only recently discovered this site; but it is quickly becoming of of my 'most visited' sites according to my Firefox toolbar. I have found particularly useful the discussion on Bug Out Bags. Up until now my bug out gear was basically my Burning Man gear, with a few extra supplies tossed in. Thanks to the discussion here, I'm making some significant additions.

So, I just wanted to say Hi, Thanks, and I'll see you in the Forums.

-Chris

Powaaa
04-08-2009, 9:18 PM
Yo!

I was referred to this site by a buddy of mine at work, who will remain anonymous. Well, I don't know his user name. Sucks. Thanks for having me. Oh, I just picked up my CMMG Lower today from Irvington Arms. Can't wait to build up the AR. Just wanted to introduce myself and say, nObama!

-Nars

You-Two
04-09-2009, 8:33 PM
I am Active Duty AF moving back to NorCal after 14 years away. Looking to find out more info on CA gun laws, etc. Looks like a great site!

RossRinSD
04-09-2009, 8:35 PM
I am Active Duty AF moving back to NorCal after 14 years away. Looking to find out more info on CA gun laws, etc. Looks like a great site!

Where are you going to be stationed?

Big048
04-10-2009, 8:25 AM
Hello all. Been trolling your forums for a couple days and I like what I see. I'm not a gun expert by any stretch of the imagination but I am an enthusiast. One other quick note about myself, I am a Manager at a Bay Area (South Bay) Big 5 Sporting Goods. So feel free to ask me anything about Big 5, no complaints please, I only deal with those while being paid. :yes:

Roadrunner
04-12-2009, 5:30 PM
Test test test. Is this thing working? I'm brandie newie here so please cut me a break. All of the stuff I've been hearing about Obama and guns prompted me to do some local searching, and then I found this website. It seems like people here are also pretty fed up with what's happening, so am I at the right place? I think I'll look around and save my questions for later.

By the way, Happy Easter.

KAVEMAN762
04-13-2009, 7:57 AM
...........stuff I've been hearing about Obama and guns prompted me to do some local searching, and then I found this website. It seems like people here are also pretty fed up with what's happening, so am I at the right place?....................

Welcome!! you are correct! Well for the majority of the folks here. There are some obama supporters on here I think, but Im sure as helll not one of them:)
have fun taking in lots of information

Can'thavenuthingood
04-13-2009, 9:13 AM
Hello all. Been trolling your forums for a couple days and I like what I see. I'm not a gun expert by any stretch of the imagination but I am an enthusiast. One other quick note about myself, I am a Manager at a Bay Area (South Bay) Big 5 Sporting Goods. So feel free to ask me anything about Big 5, no complaints please, I only deal with those while being paid. :yes:

Welcome aboard.
New guy brings the ammo. Luckily you work with it so it'll be easy for you:)

I don't know that we have that many actual experts but we each know plenty about something and that adds to the collective knowledge of Calguns. We'll pick it apart until we get a good answer.

See you out abd about,

Vick

Stormtrooperthunder
04-13-2009, 2:19 PM
Hi guys/gals

I am 19 and a resident of the bay area, san jose to be exact.

I was referred to calguns by a gentlemen I met in Big5 searching for some 91/30's, which I still cannot find ;____;.

I hope to learn a lot from this community

GJC
04-13-2009, 7:52 PM
Well been lurking for a couple days and decided to join. I was taught to shoot and responsibility about firearms from my Awsome Grandfather. Have finally decided (should have done so a long time ago) to purchase my first handgun. I settled on a SIG SAUE SP2022 in 9mm. Can't wait to start taking it to the range often. 8 days and 12 hrs to go :rolleyes:

sleepiemonkee
04-13-2009, 9:12 PM
Hello guys,

Same with GJC, I've been lurking around reading up as much as I can on OLLs, PPTs, FFLs, and all the crazy acronyms that goes with our great state's gun laws. This site is professional and informative. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication to make this site so.

I'm currently waiting my 10 days (finishing up on the 21st of April) to receive my first pistol which is a SIG P225/P6. As I'm a big fan of SIGs, I'm currently on a personal mission to collect some semi-rare models to shoot and have as a personal defense gun.

I look forward to many more intriguing threads!

Big Cholla
04-14-2009, 3:41 PM
Ditto on all the "Hellos". I lurked for all of about 5 minutes and saw that this was a quality site. I live in So. Nevada and am about to retire from active Law Enforcement to play with my guns, gunsmithing and motorcycles. I will contribute when I can, comment when I am compelled to do so and will enjoy reading the learned posts by my fellow gunnies. ........... Big Cholla

bshnt2015
04-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi to all from norcal/bayarea. I've been reading so long here and finally decided to jump in. Be safe everyone.

tmncali
04-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Hello,

Im in So-Cal, I have wandered in here after increased chatter after the election. I am happy to have found this place. I really enjoyed reading about the UOC events and responses.

Well hello to all, and good luck to us all.

Mason McDuffie
04-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Welcome man.

yarry23
04-16-2009, 3:47 PM
Hello all,

Names Yarry, and I live in sunny Santa Cruz, CA. Been firing rifles forever as a kid up in the Santa Cruz Moutains where I grew up, and have been shooting long rifles with my Dad ever since.

Just got into pistol shooting (got myself a Kimber Eclipse2 1911) and boy do I have a lot to learn! I met an awesome guy named Chris at the Scotts Valley Range today who not only helped me with my firing stance (getting me to actually herd my shots towards what I had intended them to hit) but turned me on to you guys. Now I have two things to thank him for. ;)

I am one of those rare breeds of "Gun Toting Librals", but hopefully you wont hold that against me. That being said, I *AM* interested in seeing how I might get an AR-15. Hopefully these forums will help provide me the answer.

Cheers, and look forward to getting to know you folks better!

~~yarry

Marsoc1
04-17-2009, 6:28 AM
Hello calgunners,

My name is Andrew and im from the southern california in the city of Alhambra and i have a problem...I like guns Lol

I am a proud owner of a ar15 in which i begun my collection last year so im fairly new to owning a weapon. In july ive taken the task of building my first two ar lowers, but as fast as everything started up for my projects i was quickly cut down to size. A month later I believe i was molested by the system and stripped of all weapons (real and airsoft alike) due to poorly informed law enforcement. So here i am today to support my fellow california gun owners as well as receive support. As well as chat about something new and cool from the ar industries :)

Islanti
04-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Hello folks,

My name is Adrian and I live in Coto de Caza, a small community in South Orange County. I'm not a current gun owner but have always been interested in gun ownership. A variety of factors led me here. I'm looking to educate myself more in advance of purchasing. My wife and I (and eventually our two sons) are both looking to learn to handle, clean, and shoot guns properly.

As I've been researching gun ownership in California I've become increasingly frustrated and confused. I'll try to keep the questions to a minimum and read to soak up the collective wisdom.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to participating.

mowrey1999
04-19-2009, 1:41 PM
Just wanted to introduce my self and say the site looks great with a lot of interesting ideas and features, I look foreward to adding any useful information that may help others as well as getting some, I have always had a combination of firearms,knives,Bows and most survival items and enjoy camping , hunting, survival , fitness and more, Hope to get to know everyone better get a lot of useful information here,

Dr. Flesh Bot
04-21-2009, 1:00 AM
Hi,

I've been a frequent guest visitor to Calguns for a little more than a year now, and I figured today would be as good a day as any to start getting actively involved.

Thanks in large part to the information provided on this forum, I was able to purchase and assemble my first OLL rifle, and am in the process of acquiring a second.

That's all for now.

SkyCopTSN
04-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Hope this works. I'm a little tech challenged so bear with me. Joined today to further my ability to interact with similar minds. I'm an Orange County attorney and recent casualty of the "New Sheriff in Town"s Draconian crusade against CCWs. Look forward to participating, particularly in the legal and political arena.

sergeantrex
04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Hope this works. I'm a little tech challenged so bear with me. Joined today to further my ability to interact with similar minds. I'm an Orange County attorney and recent casualty of the "New Sheriff in Town"s Draconian crusade against CCWs. Look forward to participating, particularly in the legal and political arena.

Welcome to Calguns. The more attorneys the better!

bravo6four
04-22-2009, 8:37 AM
After searching the net, I was lucky to find this site. Relatively new to forums and tried searching for my question but to no avail. I own 1 post ban Eagle Arms EA15 and 1 Post Ban Armalite M15. Both were registered as Assault Weapons before the 2000 deadline. I brought them to a range 2 weeks ago after being in my safe for 6 years and I was denied entry because I did not have my registration paperwork on me. I thought that was weird but like I mentioned, I have not been out in 6 years. So paranoia aside, I should be ok if I go back with my paperwork right? Also after exhaustively searching the net, it seems that I can add whatever features to my rifles now since they are both registered right? My EA15 has a collapsible stock and I wanted to add a new 16" upper. Considering purchasing the LaRue Stealth Series with a 16" barrel, flash suppressor, and RIS. I'm ok dong that right? Also on my Armalite M15 it's a standard 20" but was considering making it another legal length carbine. Am I doing anything that is not legal? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks for having me and looking forward to sharing tips/advice/stories with other folks that are in this sport.

P.G.C.
04-24-2009, 3:12 PM
Just registered and am diggin' the site. I grew up shooting with my pop and now I have a daughter and twin sons I plan to raise shooting safely as well.

USAFTS
04-26-2009, 7:08 PM
Hello,

New guy here. The site looks impressive. I have already read a stack of information that has encouraged me quite a bit.

Thanks

kmarch316
04-27-2009, 7:39 AM
My name is Katie and I found this wonderful place yesterday. Glad to be here!! :thumbsup:

HondaMasterTech
04-27-2009, 4:08 PM
Just registered. Looking forward to learning and sharing.

ruben55
04-27-2009, 7:22 PM
What up, Just registared and new to CalGuns. Hello to fellow Gun Owners!!!

SAUCE
04-27-2009, 9:46 PM
Hello, I've been visiting and reading a lot of good info here and decided to become a member. Looking forward to learning and sharing lots more. Just a novice shooter but burning powder almost weekly (when moneys not too tight).

Gunfun
04-28-2009, 1:55 AM
Hi everybody, I've been enjoying this site for years and appreciate all of the good information that I've read. I watched the transition from Gunscal to here and just finally joined. I know, I'm slow =)

DaveRM
04-28-2009, 3:44 AM
hello everyone,

watched the forum for some time and finally registered. Nice site! I hope to learn as well as share info.

jrod014
04-28-2009, 9:03 AM
Hey everyone,

A little about myself. I'm a proud combat vet who likes shooting, golf, and beer! I also like to do web design and developement on my free time. I live in the San Fernando valley outside Los Angeles.

I look forward to this forum and to see what others have to say.

umoja
04-28-2009, 2:03 PM
Hey everyone, just registered because I've lurked this site before for good info on California laws (this place is almost like it's own encyclopedia), and figured I'd register so I could support the cause. I like California but I hate the gun laws here, and I figure while I'm here I might as well do something about it.

DoubleAgentM
04-28-2009, 8:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I just registered a couple days ago and just placed an order for a MEGA Gator lower and charging handle assembly :)

This will be my first build and the first owned firearm. I am looking forward to reading all the informative posts and seeing all those awesome black rifles.

Thanks,

Danny

damilfman
04-29-2009, 11:17 AM
hey everyone,

I've been a long time visitor on this forum, but I finally stepped and registered. Everyone for the most seems to be humble and friendly here. I hate the state we live in but hopefully by the end of the year if things work out Iwill be moving out of here into a free state....yyyyyaaaaayyyyy!!! Anyways I hope to pick up a lot of valuable info from here as well as contribute.

paintballergb
04-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Welcome the both of you. We have a rule here that you have to give something to the first person who welcomes you. PM for my address.

goardheart
04-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi I'm Thomas from Stockton. I'm active duty military currently serving in Afghanistan. I'm avid gun enthusiast, I've had an opportunity to shoot a lot of different weapons, I'm much better with some than I am with others. But I'm looking to learn as much as I can from the other members here and continue honing my skills. And maybe I can pass a little knowledge on to someone else as well. Glad I stumbled on the site.

Ditch
04-30-2009, 3:02 PM
Al from San Diego:thumbsup:

Gio Rez
04-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey, this is Gio from Sacramento.
Wouldn't mind meeting other Sacramento Calgunners.

Gio
05-01-2009, 12:03 AM

Hey Gio, not like I hear myself saying that a lot. Welcome to Cal Guns :thumbsup:

-Gio

07*double*R
05-01-2009, 3:52 PM
whats up, just joined yesterday...from monterey,CA

Gio
05-01-2009, 4:13 PM

Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy your stay ;)

-Gio

Arteel
05-01-2009, 6:05 PM
Hey, I'm currently in Sac so hit me up if you want to go shoot!

Welcome! I was born and raised in Monterey county and frequently travel down there. We are trying to get a meet at Laguna seca sometime soon so stay tuned.

Hillbillyman
05-03-2009, 9:09 AM
Howdy ! ...
Barney from the Lost Coast Of California ...
Native Californian , Native American , Ex Air Commando (Viet Nam 1973-1975)
Been hunting and target shooting since I was 8 ...
Glad to find a forum for Golden State enthusiasts ...
Later ...

Turo
05-03-2009, 1:59 PM
Hey everybody! I saw your forums yesterday and thought it'd be a great place to join and get to know other shooters here in the CA.

I'm in the Central Coast area, and I've been shooting since I was old enough to pull the trigger!

Glad to be here!

Go Packers!
05-03-2009, 9:33 PM
Checking in from the Bay Area. I have been a 3-5 times a week visitor to the sight for over a year, but I never got around to registering. Well, now I'm official. And, I can use the "Search" feature.

RossRinSD
05-03-2009, 9:37 PM
Checking in from the Bay Area. I have been a 3-5 times a week visitor to the sight for over a year, but I never got around to registering. Well, now I'm official. And, I can use the "Search" feature.

Search on this site sucks, someone should do something about it.... ;)

good luck with that.

But, good to have you aboard.

KJGIL
05-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Kevin from San Francisco, I was looking for area Gun Stores and this was one of the first sites that came up. I'm 3 days into my 10-day for my first handgun, a PX4 in 9mm. I've been shooting my Dad's Woodsman since I was 13 but never really thought about buying something of my own until about a month ago.

Gio
05-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Kevin from San Francisco, I was looking for area Gun Stores and this was one of the first sites that came up. I'm 3 days into my 10-day for my first handgun, a PX4 in 9mm. I've been shooting my Dad's Woodsman since I was 13 but never really thought about buying something of my own until about a month ago.

Welcome to the club Kevin :thumbsup: There is plenty of info on this forum, have fun and stay safe.

-Gio

DrJoe
05-03-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm "DrJoe", a newbie to the gun owning community.

7 days into my wait for my first pistol (a High Standard Sport King). I've been shooting off and on for years with friends but am finally taking steps towards gun ownership of my own. I'm buying because I am interested in home defense, collecting, target shooting, and eventually some hunting.

My High Standard is just the first of many many guns I am interested in collecting (budget and law permitting). Particularly interested in acquiring an M1 Garand and WWII vintage 1911 (hopefully more than one of each).

I hail from the Bay Area and just finished reading "How to own a gun and stay out of jail" (which I highly recommend). I suppose I am a "gun loving liberal" but other than the 2nd Amendment, I'm not here to talk politics, just guns. And yes, I am very pro-2nd Amendment. In fact, after reading "How to own..." and learning how near impossible it is to get a CCW in the Bay Area, I am seeing the world with new eyes.

Well, that's it for now. Looking forward to talking with fellow members.

DrJoe
-------------------
"A man doesn't need a gun until he needs it very badly." --- Unknown.

Gio
05-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Welcome DrJoe to CAl Guns ;) Nice to have another SF Bay Area shooter and 2A supporter as well :)

-Gio

wiley01
05-04-2009, 3:26 PM
Hi all,
Thank you for allowing me the privilege of being part of your site. I am looking forward to getting to know many of you, even if it is only On line. I'm originally from NY and lived many places including non firearm friendly countries like SIngapore.
I've been out in California (Rancho Cucamonga) for 3 years and decided instead of trying to bring my wesson .357 and colt gov. iss. 45 (that were my dad's before he passed) here, I'll just pick up something to go with my 12 guage and AR-7 (a little toy for the GFs to use....LOL) while I'm here.
so, now, the search is on for a nice glock 30. Since I sat on my duff so long, I'm suffering the supply and demand syndrome...LOL
Anyways, Just want to say hi and thanks again.

DeepSeaDouble
05-04-2009, 5:43 PM
Hello all! Have lurked for a long time and have finally joined. Kind of nice to have a CA specific gun site. Couldn't think of a user name, happened to be eating a, you guessed it, deep sea double when I joined,haha!

Unfortunately I like fast food almost as much as guns and it's showing :( Anyone ever want to me up at Rallys or something(generally the location on Artesia blvd and Downey or the one in Norwalk)and have lunch, let me know!

Dish_Pan_Hands
05-05-2009, 2:25 PM
Hello, new guy here. Not from Cali, though. I hope that's alright. Lots of great info here, and I hope I can learn something.

Intrepid
05-05-2009, 6:05 PM
:hide:
New member assuming the po-- er, checking in here.
Grew up in the Bay Area, purchased my 1st gun while there too (at the former National Shooting Club, now Reed's in Santa Clara). Was able to score 2 hi-cap mags for it while it was still legal :rockon: and still own it (Sigma 40F), and later bought my first NEW pistol in '02 from a little place in Campbell, CA (CZ40B).

Relocated to Modesto in late '03 (long story), ended up in Fresno as of late '05, and bought another pistol in early '07 (CZ97b fer my big mitts) that I STILL haven't broken in yet (great timing, now that ammo is rarer than hen's teeth :censored:I've been trying to acquire some .45 ACP! Can anybody :helpsmilie:?).

I'm an aficianado of whiskies/Scotch, bourbon and tequilas, interested in things Scottish having been there twice and having ancestors from there, member of a PCA church here, car buff, conservative and an NRA Life member, although not as active in that as I could be.

So, hiyas !

Erik S. Klein
05-06-2009, 9:31 AM
Hello all,

Just joined last night. . . better late than never.

Member name is my name (scary, huh?)

NRA life member, Utah CCW holder (denied, illegally, by CA) with too many other hobbies to list.

mstsgt
05-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Tell us about the shooting scene in Scotland. What do you guys have over there, whats illegal?

That is easy answered. Well perhaps not!!
Handguns are a big NO!! They are illegal, except military and armed police. Not even .22 ! Any centerfire semi auto rifle is illegal too!!

To buy rifles and/or shotguns you need a Firearms Licence and/or a Shotgun Certificate. Both have to be applied for at the local police department followed by a in-depth background check (local and national police check, Driving Licence Agency, Interpol), a small misdemeanour or a few traffic offences can result in refusal of the licence. Police will contact your family doctor too if there are any major health problems like epilepsy or mental health problems. You will require two referees who will be visited by police and questioned about you and your character.
Police will visit your home to check if all security and safety measures are in place. Any problems in any of these checks and the licence will be denied.
In your firearms licence application you have to prove to police that you have a valid reason to hold a rifle, so you need to be a full member of a shooting club or hold land where you can hunt. No reason no licence.
Every rifle has to be logged on the licence and approved by police before you can buy it, meaning you need to show where you will shoot and which calibre and what. So if you intend to buy a .300 win mag or a .338 lapua for target shooting even long range, you have no chance to get it as police will say that is not appropriate.
Ammunition is logged on the licence too. Calibre and the max. allowed storage amount as well as the max. amount you can buy. For example I am permitted to hold max. 200 rounds of .308 win but can only buy 100 rounds at any given time.
Most people do reload their own ammo but we have supply problems of propellant, bullets etc. Most times you have to take what you get.
Police has the right to inspect your stocks and premises at any time if you have firearms.
There are further laws for transport and handling of arms, any violation and you loose your licence and rifles.
So due to all this I have a .308 win, 30-06 Springfield, .223 rem, and .22lr bolt action rifles and a .357 magnum underlever carbine.
There are a few private rifle ranges where we can shoot most of those are only 100 meters (110 yards). Anything longer we go and use the local Army training facility, there we can shoot up to 1300 yards.
I guess equipment wise we are pretty poor in compare to the USA. Any comments? What do you think?
I hope to meet here people and participate on conversations in the forums before I move to California to be more wise on the gun laws in California.
Speak to you soon
Peter

mstsgt
05-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Hello all,

Just joined last night. . . better late than never.

Member name is my name (scary, huh?)

NRA life member, Utah CCW holder (denied, illegally, by CA) with too many other hobbies to list.

Hello and welcome.
Great forum here

mosinnagantm9130
05-06-2009, 5:15 PM
Glad to be here! I'm a military rifle guy, so I'll be cruising the c&r board a lot.....

grymster
05-08-2009, 5:06 PM
Hi, my name is grymster and I'm a gunoholic! :)

Been hangin' at TFL for a couple years, but thought I'd see how you local people conduct a gun forum.

klangford
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi everybody, is it ok for an old lady to join you guys? I was born in Berkely, raised in Oakland, and went to San Francisco State where I sucessfully resisted the brainwashing. My Dad was an NRA instructor and I was raised around firearms. Until December I am one of those rare California CCW holders. (I have been told my permit will not be renewed becaues my good cause is no longer good enough.) I love to shoot, am pretty good with a handgun and with a rifle and I can put holes in the side of a barn - usually.
Glad to meet you all,
Karen

monstertodd
05-10-2009, 8:47 PM
What's up people?

I'm Todd, 31, ex US Navy. Now I fly UAV's as a civillian contractor. Blah blah blah. I joined because I like guns, and I wanted to find out information on building/buying an AR-15 legally in California.

I currently own an M44 Mosin Nagant, and a .12 guage over/under Huglu that I purchased in Turkey.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! :thumbsup:

Gio
05-10-2009, 9:04 PM
Wow looks like a steady stream of new people joining in the last week or so. Welcome to all our new Cal Gunners! Cannot wait to see you guys post up your firearms and or questions about firearms as well :)

-Gio

rumblebee
05-10-2009, 9:55 PM
Hello...My name is Bill. Born and raised in San Diego. Been shooting for a loooong time, so it's good to have found\heard about this site! :thumbsup:

Anywho...look forward to checking out the forum :cool2: and all that comes with it

Thanks

Street Legal
05-11-2009, 9:01 AM
Hello...My name is Bill. Born and raised in San Diego. Been shooting for a loooong time, so it's good to have found\heard about this site! :thumbsup:

Anywho...look forward to checking out the forum :cool2: and all that comes with it

Thanks

Welcome, enjoy!

n8thgr8
05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm new to Calguns...heck, I'm new to guns, in general. I figured that after my business has been broken into 3 times now, with around $3,000 in damages/stolen items, it's time to start packin' heat! I'm not so into it to say it's a hobby yet, I'm into it more from the standpoint of trying to protect my family/business.

I'm in the Central Valley (top rated city on Forbes "Most Miserable Cities" (http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/06/most-miserable-cities-business-washington_0206_miserable_cities.html) list) and have a Mossberg 590, Glock 17, and am looking to get a revolver to add to the mix.

Looking forward to chatting with some of you, seems like a great group to be a part of.

-Nate

r08ert209cali
05-11-2009, 3:53 PM
Stockton?

n8thgr8
05-11-2009, 4:37 PM
Yep, can u believe we beat out Detroit this year?!

Tito
05-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Hello all! Found your site while researching OLLs, and now I have one in the mail as well. looking forward to the vast amounts of information here. thanks for all you have done for the gun community here in CA!

strrizi
05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Can someone guide me or help me on how to start a new thread. Been here for a while and I do not know how to start a new thread. According to the FAQ section, it says just click on the " New Thread " but I don't see any.

Dark&Good
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
You have to be logged in AND you have to pick your sub-forum first (click on the category to which your thread will belong). Then you'll see the "New Thread" above the existing threads' listing, on the left.

Dark&Good
05-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Hello all! Found your site while researching OLLs, and now I have one in the mail as well. looking forward to the vast amounts of information here. thanks for all you have done for the gun community here in CA!

Welcome to Calguns! :)

strrizi
05-14-2009, 10:23 AM
You have to be logged in AND you have to pick your sub-forum first (click on the category to which your thread will belong). Then you'll see the "New Thread" above the existing threads' listing, on the left.

Thks... I found that "New thread" and I appreciate the help...

Dark&Good
05-14-2009, 10:26 AM
you're welcome

Halfbreed858
05-17-2009, 4:13 PM
Just wanted to say howdy and just thank the members of this forum, as the amount of information on here is awesome. I am trying to put together an AR and the search function has answered all my questions and then some. The only problem is now I can't help but pull up this site multiple times a day to drool and scheme on all the possiblities....

ChinesePeepo
05-19-2009, 2:35 PM
Just wanted to say hi, and thanks to all the knowledgeable members here who have been enablers of my lurking habit for quite some time. I live in soCal, and started "collecting" about a year ago.

Take care!

Turbinator
05-19-2009, 2:41 PM
Just wanted to say hi, and thanks to all the knowledgeable members here who have been enablers of my lurking habit for quite some time. I live in soCal, and started "collecting" about a year ago.

Take care!

Welcome aboard, glad to see you joined us!

Turby

GoodEyeSniper
05-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Just saying hello, here.

Been lurking for awhile, mostly watching all the exciting stuff going on in the 2A subforum.

Purchased my first firearm today, and figured I'd hop on board. Been shooting with friends and family for awhile, just have one that I can call my own now, or in 10 days...

yock
05-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Hi I have been reading a lot of info on here for a while trying to decide on my new gun. Just wanted to say Thanks for all the info & knoladge you all have.
Thanks John.

Just picked up my Spikes lower today, after the 10 day wait. Cant wait to start building, just finished ordering B.B., 10/30 mag & a CAR Stock wrench from cold war shooter. Just need to get the rest.

StrikeG35
05-22-2009, 8:21 PM
Hey all. Just found the site and looking forward to spending countless hours searching the archives and soaking up all the info I can find. Cya around.

Dlamprich
05-22-2009, 9:01 PM
Hi everybody. Just joined today at the suggestion of my good buddy SirNik. I'm from a small town in Mendocino county and grew up hunting and shooting. I've been in the Sacramento area for almost three years. Man talk about a different world. I definitely don't get enough shooting in nowadays. It's nice to find a forum that is for us poor old Kalifornians. I was getting tired of all the animosity toward us westcoasters that I've seen in a lot of other forums. I look forward to all the information to be had. Thanks!!

Man With No Name
05-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Hello I'm new to the forum, but not to firearms and 2nd amendment support. Glad to be here.

B16
05-23-2009, 1:41 PM
Hello everyone! New gun owner here and wanted to join up to learn more about guns as well as the laws while living in CA, as the scope of knowledge on gun laws is very limited at the moment. But I wish to learn more!

tr1t1um
05-25-2009, 9:32 PM
Another new Calgun member here in the Northbay, I have a Moss 500 and plan on building an ak. I am ex-navy and have experience with various firearms. Look forward to meeting up with some of you guys.

BackwardBender
05-26-2009, 1:11 AM
I'm hopping aboard the Calguns bandwagon after deciding to hop into the rifle game. I've had a long love affair with old military firearms, especially the M1 Garand.

Dark&Good
05-26-2009, 1:42 AM
Welcome, guys :)

aslink
05-26-2009, 9:35 AM
Yes welcome. It's great to see the diversity of everyone.

maxd
05-26-2009, 5:35 PM
Hi all,
I'm glad and honored to join this forum. I have enjoyed and learned from many of the postings. It's an exciting and important time for us in CA because of the many legal challenges that may lay ahead of us. I don't have too much of weapons knowledge to offer but I am hoping to be able to contribute in the areas of legal analysis and opinions when it comes to our 2nd Amendment Rights.

Things are getting critical for us. At one hand, we are facing one of the toughest gun opponents (probably) ever and on the other hand the public demand for ARs has been the highest and every day there are more (new) people, like myself, interested to purchase an AR-type rifle. That plus the recent Supreme Court ruling (DC gun ban law) puts us, IMHO, at a slight advantage and I think with proper PR and legal strategy we can win this once and for all. I will post about this issue in more detail shortly.

I had the pleasure of meeting some of the senior members, like "ivanimal" and "hoffmang", at the gun show earlier this month and had a chance to talk to them about various legal issues.

To be clear, I am not a lawyer (as of yet) but I am a starving 3rd year law student struggling to finish up my degree and looking for a job. Please don't take anything I say or post as legal advice. They are only my personal opinion subject to criticism and open for discussion in order to further learn and understand the maters at hand.

Again, thanks to all the members for having this forum and for their sound advice and contributions. We are truly in it together.

Regards,
Max.

rumblebee
05-26-2009, 7:51 PM
This is great!!! Lots of people coming in :thumbsup:

Lots of great people and info here...you'll have a blast

socaldsal
05-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Hi guys, I got directed here from another forum when I asked a buddy of mine if there were any forums SPECIFIC to the weird state we live in.

I'm an OEF vet and after a long while of going a little dry with guns in general, got bit by the bug again. Just recently I picked up a 10/2 because 22lr is a lot cheaper than shooting 308 an entire day, that is...if you can get the ammo first. :) Hope to learn a lot being on here and keep on top of the new info coming out.

riddlin
05-29-2009, 2:50 PM
Hello all....

I'm Dave from KY. Looking to expand my horizons for a possible move to CA. Looking to learn alot and share what I know.

greed647
05-29-2009, 5:50 PM
Hello everyone I am new to this site so I have not had much time to look around but hope I will get to know some of you pretty good. Anyone one in the fresno area? Me and the wife have been getting in to shooting lately just plinking and clay pigeons and are loving it. I have some question I am sure I can find the answer to but I will ask them anyways. First I would really like to own a piece of American history so do the old military rifles need a special license "C&R" or can I buy them from a dealer like any other rifle? ell I will just ask the one question now and search around a little. Have a good day everyone.

drgonzo
05-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi all. A family member actually referred me to the site. I just bought my first gun a few months back, although I have been around them for most of my life. I hope this site is as informative as he says and I hope to have some fun here as well!

Ducman
05-30-2009, 2:23 AM
Hi all. A family member actually referred me to the site. I just bought my first gun a few months back, although I have been around them for most of my life. I hope this site is as informative as he says and I hope to have some fun here as well!

are you the same drgonzo on ducati.ms and other ducati forums?

drgonzo
05-30-2009, 9:54 AM
are you the same drgonzo on ducati.ms and other ducati forums?

Nope. There are a few of us around though.

Nirrad
05-30-2009, 2:42 PM
Hello Everyone!

Been lurking around here for a little while and finally decided to sign up.

outapsyt
06-01-2009, 1:05 AM
hello, new here. hope to learn more and make some friends!

KPSFO
06-01-2009, 7:09 PM
Hi all,

I met a couple of folks from Calguns at the Cow Palace and I pretty impressed by how sober and focused on the law they were. I just got back into target shooting and am looking forward to finding out what's what in CA, gun-wise!

Lil_Susy_Mc'B
06-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Hello, all! My hubby turned me on to this site. I am paying off my first handgun this coming weekend. It's a 2009 Walther P22, in that weird swirly gray color with a nickel slide. Yay! I've had a little shooting experience, but will be taking my safety test when I pick it up.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Pwyrdan/Misc/111Ash.jpg

Campsite
06-04-2009, 5:27 PM
Thank you all for the welcome

capatriot1987
06-06-2009, 1:05 PM
hello fellow gun lovers i am a noob to the forum and looking to find some future friends on here. I go shooting up by smartsville i am going tomorrow morning if any one is going maybe we can meet up there talk to you all later

Rich

ktwnxcricket
06-06-2009, 4:08 PM
Hi. I was referred to this forum by two of my friends. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a newb so i'll definitely have many questions for you guys and I'll also be looking for some good deals to build my first rifle. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Jason

TADEON
06-06-2009, 9:16 PM
Hello,
Great to be here. I'm up in Yubatucky, Kalifornia. Currently building my first AR, Kaiser lower, and a YHM black diamond specter XL upper which should be arriving this Monday. Can't wait. Will be posting pics as soon as all parts arrive. Peace

kmoney168
06-07-2009, 7:14 PM
Hi, I've been lurking every so often for the last year or so since I've got the urge to start building my own AR. I found Calguns in a google search while researching Cal legal AR's though I've found myself back here a few times just reading through the posts and only recently registered as a member.

I'm a Vet, own an XD40 and by my birthday in Aug of this year I'm committed to at least getting a lower.

Cheers,
~Kevin

lorax3
06-07-2009, 7:24 PM
Hi, I've been lurking every so often for the last year or so since I've got the urge to start building my own AR.r I'm committed to at least getting a lower.

Awesome! There are lots of laws regarding AR's but once you understand it all it become simple. If you have any questions feel free to post.

Welcome to Calguns! :thumbsup:

GunnersMate
06-07-2009, 7:32 PM
Hello everyone, Im a new member here. I was referred by Kaveman762, since we occasionally shoot together (hes my cousin). Im normally a M1a1 kinda guy, but didnt know about the California AR movement otherwise I would of built one sooner! Kaveman helped me assemble/find parts for my new AR 15 style rifle, and now I want to build another one for NRA service rifle competiton. Im going to be selling one of my match M14's to fund a AR style match rifle with iron sights. This site rocks!!

OutbreakPLZ
06-07-2009, 11:00 PM
im new, hi to you all.

building my first CA AR15 and this website is the bible on doing so,
its refrance material and knowledgeable junkies makes it a good tool in building

: ) hows that for a first post haha

hope to learn a lot from you dudes

CHEERS!

smeatme
06-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Hello all, stumble across this site while looking to sell ammo locally (Long Beach 90815). You guys have a lot of information here, looking to learn more from you guys.

Cole

Gizmos
06-09-2009, 1:31 AM
Another virgin to the forum, and to firearms.. just got a Remington 870 Express to shoot some skeet in San Francisco, and getting ready to get into the AR-15 fun! Hope to be a productive member once I get some more knowledge....for now, my flame suit is out and lubed for quick protection. :90:

rckjeep
06-09-2009, 1:42 AM
I'm Dave, hi

ivanimal
06-09-2009, 1:42 AM
I changed your username, we try to be more discreet with our usernames.

ivanimal
06-09-2009, 1:43 AM
I'm Dave, hi

Hi Dave what kinda jeep?

wildhawker
06-09-2009, 3:01 AM
Hi Dave what kinda jeep?

You'll know Ivan's when you see it. Not telling :p

Once A Marine
06-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi. I'm a lurker coming out of the shadows also.

I've just completed paperwork for a Fulton Armory Titan, and this forum has been a key source of information in my research on obtaining such a firearm in CA.

I look foward to being more active on the forums and with Calguns - or at least a little less "lurkish".

JPBeck
06-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Long time Lurker, first time poster. :)

A little about me-- I live in Riverside County (Cherry Valley). I'm former Navy AO and EOD (Back when EOD was not a rate). I'm a school teacher now, but don't hold that against me. I love to teach and I care about what goes into my kids heads. I love the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I shoot fairly regularly, mostly long range stuff-- but I don't mind shooting steel plates with my 1911's. ;)
I'm happy to be here-- this place seems like it's full of friendly folks.
Thanks for your time,
Joe

06-11-2009, 8:49 PM
:thumbsup:
Long time lurker and not a first time poster...

First off thanks for all this Forum and it's moderators do. It is a needed service and thanks for doing it.

Briefly I am a guy who's been wearing a uniform since 18 in the service of my Country or the State. For the record I am a proud alumni of the 101st Abn. Class of 75. Since then I have had my fun as a Law Enforcement Officer..going on 29 years now. I've been lucky, I've worked for Uncle Sam, Mayberry and where I am now, a big city. I am proud of what I do but I recognized along time ago that being one doesn't mean I know it all & the learning never stops. Never.

And for the record I am a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment means all of us and not a select few.

So with all that boring stuff 'bout me I must confess my puzzlement at all the different acronyms. Is there anywhere here that will give me a list of what they all mean? I admit that BTT and "bump" and FTF (i figured FTF out on my own...lol) but honestly I don't know them. It's just learning a new language I guess. So ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

badhabit90
06-11-2009, 9:38 PM
long time lurker, first time poster.

was brought up around guns and law enforcement. i now work for DOJ/BOP and i am a FIRM believer in the SECOND AMENDMENT. it IS what has protected this country for many years from foreign invaders.

i have had my share years ago of ak/sks type rifles and have let them go. i recently purchased a AR lower to build, but after pricing out ALL the components that i wanted, i just ended up purchasing a RockRiverArms LAR varminter. i couldnt argue with the price as it was the same as if i were to build it!!!! so i bought it at a local show. i also have several other "toys of enjoyment" and may post up at a later time and the appropriate blog.

whom ever decided to put this forum together, THANK YOU. it is wonderfully set up and very easy to navigate. i will be here for a long time, WITH my 2nd Amendment rights.:84::gunsmilie:

SemperKill0844
06-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Hey, I am new to this site. I have experience with firearms, OEF OIF with 3rd battalion 11th Marines out of 29 palms. I just finished building, stripping, duracoating, and rebuilding my stag 6.8mm AR. this site looks good! thanks!

Once A Marine
06-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Welcome aboard Marine! I was with 3/1 in the first gulf scuffle.

Law_831
06-13-2009, 1:09 AM
New member here but a little familiar with this site. A little about me, 1st gen (parents and family from China) born and raised in Santa Cruz. I'm sure most people who see me at first will not assume "gun nut" but I proudly am. I am also active duty U.S. Marine and stationed at Camp Pendleton.
I have purchased several firearms since I returned from my second Iraq deployment (turned 21 out there). Two of them include a new Daniel Defense M4 and my 99% complete Kaiser Lower/LWRC M6A2 upper. I even purchased a Glock 19 for my dad who bought a Ruger when I was born but had it stolen a few years back. Its good to see there are fellow residents that believe in the 2nd Amendment too. I hope to meet some good people here and learn something new! What I have now...

Springfield GI 1911A1
Springfield Mil-Spec 1911A1
SIG Sauer GSR Revolution 1911
Glock 19 (first one I bought, it was a early Mother's/Father's Day present to my parents, especially my dad)
Glock 19 (paid for it but can't do the paperwork until week after next)
Mossberg 500A (still working on it, tac'd out for home defense)
Daniel Defense M4
Kaiser Defense Lower/LWRC M6A2 piston driven upper 16" M4
LMT MRP Piston upper coming soon (been backordered since January!)

And many more to come...

Hozer
06-15-2009, 8:27 PM
Whats up calgunners! I've been lurking around for a while now.Haven't had to post a question so far,been using the search function like a good noob.Tons of good info on here.Hope to buy my first rifle and handgun soon and thanks to calguns I'll know what to look for and get a good deal(Although I wish I would've bought 1-2 yrs ago before the price hike.Oh well,not gone stop me though).:gunsmilie:

sorensen440
06-15-2009, 8:30 PM
Welcome all new guys

Come on out to chabot range on july 4th for a bbq and shoot if you want to meet the community

Chopper
06-16-2009, 7:29 PM
I love being a Calgunner. What a community. Thanks for always answering even the stupidest questions without rancor. Well...most the time.

classicist
06-18-2009, 9:05 AM
Hey everyone, I am a recent graduate of UCSB and a recreational shooter. I own a Ruger 10/22 and a really cherry Mosin-Nagant M44, and am in the market for a 91/30 (or anything Finnish). I am a continuing student of the Greek and Roman classics, of Mediterranean and European history, and of archaeology and epigraphy, and am a fan of shooting and of auto racing, for which I have built a C5 Corvette as a weekend track car. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Bryan

jpopfan
06-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey everyone. I've lurked on Calguns for a while and gotten a lot of very good information here. I enjoy shooting handguns and currently own a Ruger GP100 and a Browning Buckmark UDX. Looking forward to picking up rifle shooting and will be at the San Jose show tomorrow hopefully to pick up parts for a .22LR AR. Hope to see some fellow Calgunners there and in the future at Bay Area events.

JB

Spabs
06-20-2009, 3:01 AM
Seems kinda odd introducing myself AFTER making two posts already, but here it goes anyways.

I'm Sean, a 23 year old PolySci major. Originally I was interested in just owning one handgun for HD and range fun, but even though I don't currently own anything yet, I think I've got 1911 and black-rifle fever through these forums and every time I see something sexy I think to myself "I want that one too..." I (happily) blame this forum, which I only originally visited to learn more about firearm laws (which is something I want to work on in the future). Look what you've all done to me. :)

RubberBandDeadEye
06-21-2009, 1:35 PM
Hi, new here, and new to firearms. As the name says, I am a rubber band sharp shooter. I can pick a fly out of mid-air. Yesterday I shot a real rifle for the first time in my life, and it was way sweeter than a rubber band.

CpuFixrMan
06-21-2009, 8:52 PM
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to make an introductory post here after reading various posts the last couple of weeks. While I have been shooting at indoor ranges a few times, I've never been an owner of guns. Not by choice, but out of finances. Now that I can afford to own something of my very own, I have been looking at not only different hand guns, and what I want to own, but what all does it mean to be a responsible gun owner. Common sense is a great thing, and I would like to think that I possess my fair share of it. However, living in this great state has left me wondering how much further beyond common sense I need to go, in order to be "safe" in the eyes of the law. Hopefully, by being an informed gun owner, that will help me to be a better gun owner.

<edit>

I guess I should also mention that my name is Ernie, I live in Tracy, I'm 43 years old and work as a hardware/software engineer for a company in the Livermore area. Been looking at the Spingfield XD 9mm or the HK USP 9mm as my first purchase.

</edit>

Thanks to those that take the time to maintain this site, and to those that provide their wealth of knowledge.

KellyTTE
06-21-2009, 9:27 PM
Hi guys, Colorado shooter here, mostly just an average guy who gets to play with cool toys. I would say that I write an article every now and again, but that would be an insult to monkeys with typewriters everywhere. ;)

Anyhow, just stopping in, I heard about an EBR on another board, tracked down Jason from Tango Five over here and decided to have some fun with one. Good to be here and hope to be a contributor.

Kelly B
--
http://www.ttellc.net - cool no bs gear reviews
kellyb@ttellc.net

KidPluto
06-25-2009, 8:17 AM
Good day everyone.

Long time lurker, newbie poster. I appreciate the site as I am becoming a huge fan of firearms. Currently own two handguns and awaiting my new EBR's release from DROS jail. Thanks to CalGuns for existing and am happy to be here!

camerongrafton
06-26-2009, 3:09 PM
Hey guys, registered awhile back but never got around to posting. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hey. I just recently turned 18 (April 20th) so I'm getting into the whole firearms scene, it's quite nice.

I'm working at Subway to pay for college (was going to do military until I met my girlfriend) and am planning on becoming a History or English major.

I'd just like to thank all the admins and contributors to this website, I've picked up a lot of useful information.

Stone Cobra
06-27-2009, 8:36 PM
Hey all, just wanted to intorduce myself. I have been a police officer in Northern California for twelve years and have been assigned to my departments SWAT Team as an Operator for the past six years. I enjoy teaching firearms and tactics and everything else that involves guns. I hope to meet new people on this site and learn from them as well.

imadethis
06-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi guys and gals. I recently went to the shooting range for the first time, and boy was it fun. Instantly became a fan of shooting for sport. I hope to get into bullseye shooting and eventually find a league to join. Well, I'm looking forward to learning, contributing something positive, and meeting some of you folks.

Cheers,
-Tri

deathstyle
06-29-2009, 8:43 PM
Hey guys!

just joined up found this site through the firearms section of zombie squad and fianlly decided to register

Spacedredd
06-29-2009, 9:09 PM
Hello, Just wanted to introduce myself. I am moving to San Luis Obispo next week from Boise ID. I am originally from CA, but I have been serving in the USAF for about 20 years. I am going home to take care of some family. I though I'd join this forum for info about shooting CA.

coolusername2007
06-30-2009, 7:45 PM
Hey Group, happy to be a new member. Just got back into shooting after a long break. Recently purchased a Ruger SR9 and took it to the range for the first time this weekend. I also have a Marlin 22 rifle that I bought a long time ago. Looking forward to meet up with other shooters in my area to hone in my skills and have a good time.

tat668
07-01-2009, 8:59 AM
Hi cool.. Seemed that I am in the same boat with you. My oldest boy recommended me to check out this site for updating my aged information and I found a whole cyber community to join. :)

Shot small bore years ago and my youngest son wants to get into high power rifle so I get my excuse to get back into shooting. Found my old 40XC that was in LPS3 for over 35 years, excited to get to some of these shooting events and meet other California gunners.

cedew
07-01-2009, 4:21 PM
Hey Spacedredd, that's one of my favorite towns, love that place. I lived in Morro Bay for a summer, and have an uncle in SLO. Make sure to hit the markets, and spend some time at Avila for me ok?

Mike here, just signed up. I don't know much about guns, but gramps used to to me out to shoot clay pigeons when I was a kid, good times. I now have his old Remington Model 11. He bought it when he was 15 I believe, which was in 1944, and I think the gun was already several years old. It's a great gun, but its been out of its case for a bit, and needs some cleaning.

Also, I would like to pick up a rifle, and a handgun before Kalifornia tells me I'm not allowed to own them.

See ya in the forums!

gilkman
07-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Hello all..I am a recently retired AFOSI agent; just moved to socal with my SS228 and can't wait to legally UOC in the Santa Clarita area...great site!

Redline Ballistics
07-02-2009, 2:13 PM
Hello fellow gunners! My name is Dennis and I live in the Sacramento area. I once owned a company that manufactured hard cast bullets called Redline Ballistics. Due to the recent change in administration in D.C., I have decided to go back into business, however this time we will be offering ammunition instead of bullets. At this time we will be offering for sale the following bullet weight and calibers:

9MM 124 grain FMJ/.38-357 125 grain FMJ/40 Cal 180 grain FMJ/45 230 grain FMJ and .223 55 grain FMJ.

Our debut gunshow will be Code of the West gunshow in Vallejo on July 11, 12. This is a spectacular show and we couldnít find a better venue for our first appearance. Our booth will be directly inside the front door of the building. Just look for the Redline Ballistics banner. Our goal is to offer our customers quality ammunition at reasonable prices. As we move forward we will be offering a larger variety of calibers and bullet weights. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have concerning our product line. We look forward to meeting fellow Calgunners at a variety of shows throughout the area.

FLATL1NE
07-02-2009, 7:52 PM
Hello everyone,

Just joined today, but i have been searching around on the site for a while. I just purchased my first (but not last) AR-15 lower from Rock River Arms. I cant wait to start building it up, and im sure ill have a lot of Q's. Well cya in the forums.

GlennG31
07-04-2009, 12:17 PM
What's up, guys! Just joined the site yesterday, but I've been lurking for a while. Originally, I found this site to learn more about building my own Cali-legal AR for home defense and target practice. Unfortunately, the wife shot down that idea ("Honey, I think that gun is TOO big.") So now I'm in the market for a nice handgun that both the wife and I can shoot with confidence. See you guys in the forums!

andycee@hotmail.com
07-06-2009, 3:50 PM
While I have figured out some of them, it would be great if someone would take the time to make up a list of the more commonly used abbreviations and what they mean.. As a new, but active, member I sometimes have trouble following all of the jargon. Thanks

Gunslingergirl
07-06-2009, 5:53 PM
Hello! I live in Orange and work in Anaheim, lol. I've been shooting at Lytle creek, and over the 4th July I got to shoot at Big Bear's shooting range. :) I'm the woman with the purple 10/22 ruger. I'd like to get a benelli m4 super 90 or a .44 desert eagle but I know I'll be told I can't handle the recoil. I just want a better gun with some power to it.

Digital_Boy
07-06-2009, 8:40 PM
Hello! I live in Orange and work in Anaheim, lol. I've been shooting at Lytle creek, and over the 4th July I got to shoot at Big Bear's shooting range. :) I'm the woman with the purple 10/22 ruger. I'd like to get a benelli m4 super 90 or a .44 desert eagle but I know I'll be told I can't handle the recoil. I just want a better gun with some power to it.

Go to a range that has rentals and rent one first? I was just at Iron Sights in Oceanside, about 30 miles south of Irvine, and they have at least 4 or 5 .44 Magnum revolvers for rent. :D

onefourteen
07-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Hello Calgunners, New here but not new to firearms. Pops was a vet so I was taught to be safe and respect firearms at an early age. Open to learning so I look forward to some new and useful info.

murdoc89
07-07-2009, 8:23 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here on the forum as well. I've been around firearms my entire life, shooting with my mom and dad, and I'm in the process of picking up my first rifle, a Remington 770 .308. I shoot a Kimber Custom Target that my mom owns the most. I've been reading a bit before registering and I'm looking forward to getting a lot of new and useful information from the knowledgeable members here.

ren
07-07-2009, 9:09 PM
Hi everyone.

i'm a long time lurker and even before the join date posted who finally decided to start posting.

ren

K2G
07-08-2009, 3:59 PM
It's taken me a while to finally register. Love the site and thanks for having me.

californiaars4ever
07-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi, I'm a new member.

Wanted to say Hi and can anyone tell me where to get a California legal Stag lower? I'm new to forums in general so I hope I'm not breaching any etiquette. Also I just moved back here in October from Illinois and left my DPMS LR-308 there. I saw it listed on the off list can this be true? If so how can I get it here legally? Thank you and NRA 4. Ever

Musubi
07-13-2009, 4:56 PM
Hi all I'm Musubi, new to this fourm in search of information all kinds of information:rolleyes:

SedaDog1
07-13-2009, 6:07 PM
Hello everyone! I've been reading and researching on here for a couple of weeks and finally signed up. I am looking to build an ar-15 within the next few months. I plan to slowly piece it together. Great site!

orangeusa
07-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I have been a member of BerettaForum for a while, and kept running into problems trying to purchase my 2nd pistol
(out of state, non CA guns...)

Anyway - glad to have joined. :0

bomb_on_bus
07-14-2009, 3:39 PM
Wassup!

A little late with posting in here but better late then never.

joined up here because I got tired of all the crap from arfcom over being from CA etc.

Already made a couple of calguns sales and was impressed with how easy people are to deal with on this site!

Very impressed with the overall friendliness of the site.

Arantele
07-14-2009, 4:50 PM
Greetings everyone, my name's Arantele, Aran (pronounced R-AN) for short.. Got recommended here by a buddy of mine.. liking what I see so far..

raygunner
07-15-2009, 8:03 PM
While I'm new and before I go and change everything to protect the useless, I'm in Southern California, am a freelance writer pitching a novel and some freelance articles, I go by 'raygunner' and I'm active on 1911.org and SigForum.com and that should tell you something.
Will write/work for ammo; 9mm. .40 and .45. Sig, Colt, Steyr.

Jeep Grand Cherokee, SF Giants fan, desert rat gone big time.. anything else you need to know you can email me.

Oh, yeah... 'Free Jason Bourne'

borongas
07-17-2009, 9:31 PM
Hi All, Been lurking around here for a while figured I'd finally say hello :)

This place has soo much I don't know where to start, thanks to those who keep this place running :hurray:

jdoane9724
07-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Good morning!

My name is John and I am a "gun-o-holic" :o(NO OFFENSER INTENDED to AA members!!):o. I buy them when I can, especially if it's something kinda neat (HK USP Elite (2 of them, for instance)).

I have a question for someone: where has CRPA gone? Their web site is now a dead link. I am am member through the NRA and am trying to follow thinfs as best as possible.

Guidance greatly appreciated....

Thank you

John Doane

Big Jake
07-18-2009, 7:30 PM
I am a long time viewer and this is my first post! Glad to be here!

oldironpants
07-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Another newbie here referred by a buddy on the forum. I like what I've seen and the feel here.

roc
07-20-2009, 4:57 PM
Hey guys, registered awhile back but never got around to posting. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hey. I just recently turned 18 (April 20th) so I'm getting into the whole firearms scene, it's quite nice.

I'm working at Subway to pay for college (was going to do military until I met my girlfriend) and am planning on becoming a History or English major.

I'd just like to thank all the admins and contributors to this website, I've picked up a lot of useful information.

which subway do you work at? any special lunch deals for a fellow calgunner in ventura?!?! welcome!

Sniper Mouse
07-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Hello everyone,

Iím a new member here, but not new to firearms. I was referred by the staff at the Calguns Gun Show Booth - Del Mar, July 18 2009. Thank you guys, for helping me with all my questions, despite of my strange German accent.

Iím into Long-Range-Shooting, but for the moment my priority is saving my weapons back in Germany from the Government there. I hope to be a productive member once I get some more knowledge.

Thanks for all the information here!

Sniper Mouse http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Denken/smilie_denk_24.gif

The Annoyed Man
07-22-2009, 7:15 PM
Hi Y'all,

Checkin' in from Grapevine, Texas. I lived in California until just 3 years ago. It is my sincerest prayer that Californians will soon regain the rights that Texans take for granted. And we have work to do here too: open carry, CHL on campus, employee parking lot carry, etc. We're certainly not perfect in that regard.

But I'll tell you this... I arrived in Texas with 3 pistols and 2 rifles. In three years, we've added 10 pistols, 6 rifles, and a shotgun. At least a couple of the pistols would be illegal in California due to magazine capacity. Four of the rifles are fully functional AR15s that would be illegal in California - including 2 which we built ourselves at home.

And the best part is instant background checks with NICS; and since I got my Texas CHL, I don't even have to wait for the NICS phone call. I pays my money, takes my gun, and I leaves.

Anyway, my friend BigDogatPlay is a member here. He turned me on to this forum. I'll be dropping in once in a while to see what's happening back home.

Skullster
07-23-2009, 4:03 PM
Read the article in the Reader. I had no idea we could open carry legally in California till now.
Want to do it but nervous about the cops reaction more than anything else. Live in Oceanside and see that the PD here have posted a training bulletin on the site informing their officers. Anyone else in North County Coastal area?

Crash
07-23-2009, 4:41 PM
Hello all, my name is John, (I usually answer to the display name) I'm also new here, an I'm with the guy in the above post. Didn't know it was legal to open carry here in CA until I read the article in the Reader, and I'm still timid to try. But am on a massive hunt for any and all info i can track down. Nice to meet any and all of you. Hope to have some lovely conversations with you guys to find out how wrong I am about things!:D

javabum
07-24-2009, 2:51 PM
hello all....new here (obviously) im married to a wonderful woman and we have 2 daughters.we live in California (dont hold it against me)and i fish as often as possible and frequent the few ranges as often as possible.i have a small supply of rifles and pistols but would love to have more but the economy has taken a toll on us.but will increase my stock when things get better.

i would also like some one point me to the info regarding open carry in California.as far as i new i thought it was illegal to do so.i have a conceal carry permit and would love to open carry here in California but like most of you are a bit apprehensive to do so.so if some one would send me a link or any info regarding open carry in CA.i would appreciate it.

javabum (Kevin)

rkt88edmo
07-24-2009, 3:04 PM
Just remember that it is UNLOADED open carry and there are a myriad of rules and details you need to be aware of. http://www.californiaopencarry.org/

welcome, and we won't hold living in Ca against you, this is CALguns.net :)

javabum
07-24-2009, 7:46 PM
thank you rkt88edmo for the info.
being that its legal to carry unloaded might as well have a squirt gun.
does no good to have a weapon and not be loaded so i'll stay away from open carry.

BernieLomax
07-25-2009, 6:09 PM
I'm Bernie, like guns and have various opinions of the world around me. Have worked in the gun industry for several years. Howdy to all!

kbsgunsandstuff.com
07-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi all looking forward to talking to you all

KBS

Almostryan3
07-26-2009, 3:49 PM
My name is Ryan I'm 20 years old and live in the beautiful OC and am hopefully enrolling in the police academy that starts Nov 30th. Well Just got my first own rifle in my name. Well half of it. Bought a AR15 off of a friend and member on here (fear). Have the upper and going to the gun store to sign all the stuff for the lower in the AM. I look forward to learning a lot more from all the veteran shooters and such from this site. :patriot:

375Ranger
07-26-2009, 5:35 PM
Hi there, New to this site. I love to hunt, shoot, fish, and ride quads. This seems to be the place to talk about all that and maybe even learn a little sumthin too. It'll be good to keep up with all the new messed up laws we have to deal with too. Thanks for having me, Scott

billslugg
07-26-2009, 5:52 PM
I am a machinist in Albany, GA. I've had a lot of requests for minor repairs and alterations to firearms so I went for an 07 FFL so I could practice on my own weapons, repair, alter then re-sell. I would also like to reload ammo for sale to the public. It has been a long and tortuous path to getting my licenses. I have the 07, the GA state license, the county license, and a verbal approval on my city business license changes. Now I find I fall under ITAR and I am beginning down that path. Elapsed time so far 5.5 months.

I lived in La Mesa from '64 to '67, Camarillo from '91-'94 and loved every minute of it.

Virtue
07-29-2009, 4:07 PM
Hello folks !

New to the forum here, I live in Bakersfield CA (we have a really nice outdoor range!) IT geek by trade Freedom loving gun owner at heart !

I primary joined this forum because I am thinking of starting up and or joining the open carry movement here in Bakersfiled.....but like all good firearms related forums I will be looking at a lot of posts and asking questions when I am ignorant.

Thank you all for having me !

seldomwright
07-30-2009, 1:38 PM
Hello, I'm a new gun owner in San Francisco and a new forum member. I'm very very excited about my first rifle, a Keltec SU 16CA. Hope to learn all I can about owning and shooting in CA. Thanks!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2574/3773221784_a4f634909f_o.jpg

Crash
07-30-2009, 1:49 PM
Sweet piece! I'm new here too. Welcome to our cozy little home.

UziDoesIt
07-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone. I have been reading the forum for a little bit and really wanted to join the discussions.

I am relatively new shooting and firearms (hope to expand my skills and arsenal), but not at all new to the 2nd Amendment rights and organizations that protect them.

Look forward to talking with all of you.

Tango_Whiskey
07-31-2009, 9:18 PM
Hello Ye'all,
I'm happy to join this group and have already learned a lot. I have a registered pre-ban AR. I just put a lower together for my son who is currently deployed in Iraq with the 82nd Airborne and just ordered another OLL for myself.

HooYah556
08-02-2009, 2:37 AM
Hey there everybody.

Just signed up few minutes ago but I've heard about this community for the longest time. I heard only great things.

I have a AR-15 Bushmaster carbine. Plan to mod my rifle in the upcoming weeks and going to use this forum as a great point of reference. And of course give any feedback to other members.

Looking forward to hearing or meeting you guys in the future.

dskit
08-02-2009, 9:16 PM
Finally signed up...don't know what took me so long.

The Berg
08-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Been surfing the site for a while, finally registered.

jeffsays
08-07-2009, 4:00 AM
hi i am jeff. I am hoping to make some wonderful friends along the way. I hope to get to know everyone here. Hope to have a great time here. Nice to meet you all:)

A4nsky
08-08-2009, 8:14 AM
Hello just got around to registering...future posts to be better.

markinmtns
08-08-2009, 2:09 PM
Howdy, Mark from Idyllwild, Riv. Co.

BC9696
08-11-2009, 8:06 PM
Hi everybody, I just learned about this forum at a PETA meeting where the furless woman and girlymen were discussing the barbarism of hunting. When pulled out my Bible and I showed them Genesis 9:1-2 which states:

"Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand."

They all quickly exited the room and I was suddenly alone, apparently having made my point. Or was it the Colt .45 I was flipping the pages with?

Nice to be here...don't take me too seriously...I don't.

Silverbullett
08-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Hey everyone. My name is Jeff. I'm new to shooting and firearms in general. I hope to learn a lot from everyone here. I also recently took delivery on a Mossberg 500 for home defense. I hope to get out to one of the Bay Area Shooting ranges soon and get some much needed practice. Thanks.

Crash
08-12-2009, 9:30 AM
:punk:
Hi everybody, I just learned about this forum at a PETA meeting where the furless woman and girlymen were discussing the barbarism of hunting. When pulled out my Bible and I showed them Genesis 9:1-2 which states:

"Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand."

They all quickly exited the room and I was suddenly alone, apparently having made my point. Or was it the Colt .45 I was flipping the pages with?

Nice to be here...don't take me too seriously...I don't.

Shang
08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Ruger GP100
Kimber Eclipse II Target

hihihihihihihi

xaaronx
08-13-2009, 2:44 PM
Hi. I live in San Diego, built an ar15 a year ago, and am a member on ar15.com. and i JUST NOW ended up here. so basically I did it all ***-backwards. I feel like im being reborn.

Kellen_Cox
08-13-2009, 4:40 PM
I'm a lurker what can I say? Glad to be here.

Jeepers Creepers
08-15-2009, 9:29 AM
First-timer here ... so go easy on me ...

Regards,
JP

jaytee
08-16-2009, 2:01 PM
I'm new to the forums. Went shooting for the first time last week with friends and got really into the whole thing. Looking to broaden my knowledge base as I know virtually nothing on the subject.

CALPsidewinder
08-21-2009, 6:43 PM
Hey all! Also a noob to the forum. Been shooting 30+ years and found my way here through the recommendation of another forum member who I work with...dang I have been missing out, can't wait to jump in. :D

oron
08-22-2009, 9:22 PM
HAPPY TO BE HERE!!!:)
But we're going to have to work togather.:p
.1 I live in Az. That crazy *** state next to you.:eek::eek:
.2 Cert. gunsmith/Class 1-3 repair Long Yrs.
.3 Asst. range dog/ RSO-Med.Tec. Despenced 2 bandaids 12 yrs.
.4 Stationed San. Berdo. -80/83. When you could buy ANYTHING!
minus Class3. Anyone remember??
.5 I do hope one day the great goddess, Will swollow 3 certain women,
on your side, an expell a wonderful fregance of freedom.
You know who they are. we call them as we see em. here.
.6 posted a couple already." NOTE " political corectness here,
is alowing the LADYS to shoot Dummys first. So this is going to
be fun. Been informed the ranks there 90+ male.
WE HAVE VOLENTERS " The Girls " Willing to come over,
and help. ? ARE YOURS TRAINED IN BELT FEED. no joke
Lets see how it goes.
Oron

Roadburner
08-23-2009, 3:47 PM
Hello everyone... I just registered and joined the group a few minutes ago. I look forward to joining the discussions...

DynamicDysciple
08-24-2009, 5:26 PM
Hey peeps, jsut buzzin in a quick hi.

Benn in the Navy 6 years in various Direct and Support NSW/Special Warfare roles with everyone from SBT-12 to USMC FAST Company (3F3 Specifically). Any questions just shoot me a line.

-Dyno

rkt88edmo
08-25-2009, 6:54 AM
On a side note, I have made 2 purchases since becoming a member. No change on my "itrader" status. Do I need to ask the sellers to post comments regarding our transaction or does it not post till they close the ad?

itrader is a manual process, I suggest you leave feedback for them (click on their itrader and then the link that says submit feedback (you'll want to have a copy of the URL from the deal thread handy)) That usually reminds them to leave feedback for you, but not always, feedback is expected, but isn't guaranteed.

sheepdog~7.62
08-25-2009, 4:02 PM
itrader is a manual process, I suggest you leave feedback for them (click on their itrader and then the link that says submit feedback (you'll want to have a copy of the URL from the deal thread handy)) That usually reminds them to leave feedback for you, but not always, feedback is expected, but isn't guaranteed.

Is there a way to delete feedback you left for someone else who hasn't given you feedback yet?

rkt88edmo
08-25-2009, 4:29 PM
Is there a way to delete feedback you left for someone else who hasn't given you feedback yet?

no, why would you want to do that?