PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Calguns!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

redisputed
02-20-2008, 7:04 PM
Greetings all... I have been lurking for sometime, but reading is not social. So it is time for some writing (or so I have been told; :D thanks guys, my bad:D). My buddy advised I join this site for information and research, as we are looking to build an OLL. If all goes as planned perhaps it will just be the first (of many). Hopefully, someday, I can meld my 3 hobbies of carpentry, metal work, and shooting into a self-sustaining gunsmith/engineering/anti-zombie Trifecta. A former USAF medic, I now work in a hospital laboratory designing software and methods for controlling blood analyzers. I talk to machines all day, so my grammar might be a bit awkward. Or down right awful, as english is almost like a second language for me; terrible.

I look forward to divining the knowledge that seems to be plentiful. And then putting it to use.

John

Caltek1911
02-20-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm stationed here in San Diego, and some of the info I look for is not necessarily on the other forums that I frequent.

ivanimal
02-21-2008, 6:03 PM
I figured my first post here should be to say hello to everybody and give a brief run down of how I got here.

1. The wife and I recently took a gun saftey class. She was there to learn about guns and not to shoot them....she ended up shooting one of the guns.

2. She really liked shooting and she tried out a few guns ...Ruger revolver.22,S&W revolver .22, CZ 75 9mm, Sig Mosquito .22, Sig 226 9mm, Sig 229 9mm, Kimber .45 and well a few others I can not remmber. She really liked the Sig Mosquito and now she uses up about 150 -350 rounds per week on her own Sig Mosquito. She has already picked out her next gun.....Sig 229.

3. I then got to go out and buy my fist gun a CZ SP-01. It fit me very well and have about 350 rounds down the pipe in two weeks.

4. In a matter of just over 60+ days we went from curious and unsure about having guns to thrilled and excited about going to the range.

5. We are now California gun owners and we are here to stay...

I plan on cruzing these boards to help me understand more about our new found interest....GUNS....

Well you better buy a couple of safes now!

Welcome to all!

CenterX
02-22-2008, 10:53 PM
A bud at work suggested this forum to me about half a year ago. I forgot about it until jumping over from another forum to look at a Kimber for sale.
Started looking around and see some good stuff here.

PinkKitty
02-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi everybody. Since I married to a Southern gun nut, shark, I decided to hang around here with my hubby during my free time. I have a pink Hello Kitty AR15 my hubby built. Some of you may have seen it.:D

aplinker
02-23-2008, 1:08 AM
Any wife of Shark is a friend of ours. You might be the most famous CG member.

Welcome to the board!

Hi everybody. Since I married to a Southern gun nut, shark, I decided to hang around here with my hubby during my free time. I have a pink Hello Kitty AR15 my hubby built. Some of you may have seen it.:D

PinkKitty
02-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Thank you for your warm welcome. I am still shy here so take it easy on me :)

Any wife of Shark is a friend of ours. You might be the most famous CG member.

Welcome to the board!

J.A.G.
02-23-2008, 2:03 PM
hey guys. I just moved here from NY, currently living in lovely los angeles. I'm working in the audio post production industry (putting music/sound to film)...and as a bartender.

I served a very short term in the U.S. Army, they don't like it when you break your knee :(...

I love to shoot, and I was directed to this site for legal info for the area...being as I don't know **** about his part of the country.

I worked at a gun range in New Hampshire (the only truly free state left) for over a year and a half, and I'm very familiar with all types of firearms, and certain laws pertaining to certain states. but like I said, I don't know anything about the laws here in LA...except for what I read on CA self defense.

I'm here to read mostly, but i'll contribute to a discussion if i find I have something worthwhile to add.

Take care,

Joe

Harley
02-23-2008, 9:42 PM
Hello everyone, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I was recommended to this forum by bagger. Lots of great info and guns!

Thanks

Craig

RogueSniper
02-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Hello to all!

I just joined the group. Lots of interesting info, but more importantly, helpful info.

Long time shooter and Lifetime NRA (Thanks, Dad!). Handguns mostly, but I have a few choice longguns. I'm really partial to my Walthers (Thanks again, Dad!) - must be all those James Bond films I watched when I was younger.

My favorite and my first: Sig Sauer P226
Backup: ParaOrdnance P14-45
Backup to backup: Ruger Ranch with factory folder and scoped - evil-looking little sucker

I've had tactical firearms training with Dan Niemi and CCW training in Sacramento (back when Branden's had a firing range).

I'll be heading up to the Big Reno Show this year. Man, I know I'm either going to have to win it big at Baccarat, count cards at the Blackjack tables or break the piggy bank and bring cash.

~J

Bamban
02-24-2008, 10:18 AM
I am new to this forum, member in others and not new to firearms. Before I joined my uncle's forces I used to live in Marina. That was 1972. Now I lived in the TX, but I am part owner of a TX BBQ restaurant in Salinas.

I am particularly interested in the firearms laws in CA. Every time I visit the restaurant I read all the gang banger activities in that little town and I feel so naked without my weapons at bay.

For my shooting career I hold High Master in across the course and long range both achieved with service rifle, Distinguished Rifleman Badge, # 1234, and Presidents 100.

Looking forward to being a member of this forum.

longknifeldr
02-24-2008, 3:29 PM
Greetings All,

My shooting buddies recommended I check out this forum. I did...I like it! I am a FFL in NorCal, enjoy hunting, precision shooting, tactical shooting and just shooting tin cans with the kids.

I retired with 21 years in the California National Guard...mostly active duty. Now I raise my daughters, part time gun business, and some contracting...to pay the bills.

I look forward meeting people and learning more from this board.

audihenry
02-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Hello to all! I'm new here! I just applied for my C&R and am hoping to learn more about my state's ridiculous gun laws!

Thanks so much for dealing with my ignorance. There's a lot to learn and that's what I'm here for!

Cheers!

mean72nova
02-25-2008, 2:53 PM
Hello all,

Been here for awhile, but for some reason never posted. Finally decided to go ahead and post here. Figured I would also include a picture for my first post, hopefully it works dont want to see any "fail" pics. :D

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh282/mean72nova/donegun.jpg

RossRinSD
02-25-2008, 9:02 PM

lol, my girlfriend luvs your rifle, and she really likes my AK. I've got to get started on her pink and red AK...

bubejunkie
02-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Hello everyone. I've been lurking this forum for a few months now. I've gained a lot of great information from this place. It's awesome.

I just got into shooting 2 months ago: I took a basic safety class, then the next day I was shooting 1911's. A few days after that I bought a membership to The Firing Line, in Northridge. So, I guess you could say 'I LIKE" shooting. hahaha. Just ordered a Kimber Stainless TLE II. Can't wait till i get it.

anyways just introducing myself. Later guys.

Serg* (sergio)

fj60croozer
02-27-2008, 6:59 PM
I am new to this board and I have been lurking for a while... I just found out about the OLL lowers and what can be done to stay in compliance. I can honestly say that I am contemplating building a lower (ar15), however I am going to have to get rid of one of my M1As. Brian

wxman
02-27-2008, 7:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I've heard about this forum for quite a while and finally decided that I should sign-up and look around.

rustydog
02-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Oops, just saw that I should post here upon inception.
So, here I am.
I legally bought many nice things before the laws changed and complied with the laws, so I don't have to worry about BB issues.
I'm in the process of getting my ammunition manufacturer FFL
And oh yeah, I make silver bullets

Nice Forums

Bill

69Mach1
02-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Welcome all. This place is starting to get crowded. That's a good thing.:D

Lyrelia
02-28-2008, 4:04 PM
I'd like to give a hearty hello to my fellow 2A-supporting Californians. I'm new to the forum as a poster though I've been reading for a while. I have to say that I'm deeply impressed with the fierce determination that this community puts forward concerning peoples' rights. I think that the attitude is exactly what we need in this state to keep them alive. I'm interested in learning a lot more about firearms and the legalities that go with them since I'm approaching 21 yrs. and coming into a decent income for a change. I know I tend to be very opinionated and disgusted at things I consider injustices, so I'll warn those of you who don't enjoy debate beforehand that I can seem overbearing but it's nothing personal. :)

-A.H.

Soldier415
02-28-2008, 4:06 PM
Welcome to the forum! :D

usmcchet9296
02-28-2008, 7:11 PM
Long time lurker first time poster
As my board name states I was in the Marine Corps from 1992 to 1996
Infrantry with the 2nd Batallon 5th Marines based out of Camp Pendelton
Currently I am in the IT field working for a Entertainment company
I own a few guns and they are:
Bushmaster AR15 (registered in 1999)
M1 Garand
Springfield M1911A1
Springfield XD9 subcompact
Uberti Colt 45
Ruger markIII 22/45
and a Beretta Tomcat on the way
Thats is for now
I do have some things I intend to sell but i figured Id post a few time to prove Im legit

Falconis
02-29-2008, 8:14 PM
Hello. New to the list here and been meaning to post for a few days now. I just want to see where the remaining sane people of Kalifornia hang out.

I am hoping to learn some things and hopefully assist in whatever ways I can. Mainly I am interested in any activities regarding the overturning of the AWB here in California and the abolishment of the Hi-Cap magazine ban as well. Just to start with of course. There is more on my plate, but those 2 are my top priority now.

ProlificARProspect
02-29-2008, 8:48 PM
Hello, I'm also new here, thanks to all the people who made this forum possible. its relief to find out im not the only one to STRONGLY believe in 2nd and that im not crazy LOL. No more to the politicians trying to strip us of our right to freedom, guarantee to any form of freedom is the right to keep and bear arms its the path the only path. Without it that right we will lose the right to exist. Thanks for giving me a voice, I'm here to fight count me in.....Chaowww:rockon:

HendersonDefense
02-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Hi,

This is Justin over at Henderson Defense Industries in Las Vegas, Nevada. We build our own line of AK47 rifles and sell new Century Arms rifles that we have inspected as well.

Myself and Jim C. are in the shop Monday through Friday and will answer most questions for you. The owner Ron is not in the office much because he is running three offices and isn't in the shop very often and Pete is no longer with us. He was promoted at his "real" job and couldn't devote the time.

I will be posting firearms for sale that we make and others that we modify for California sales. We will not charge California guys a premium for the rifles just because you happen to live in California.

You can call us 702-566-1000 Monday through Friday if you have any questions.

ThePatient
03-02-2008, 7:37 PM
Hi All,

First time poster long time lurker on the boards. This site has been a huge help for me, especially the oll situation. I'm located in NorCal and am the proud owner of a Vector AK, AA 50 Beowulf and HK USC to name a few. I grew up around firearms thanks to my dad, who is also a member of these boards, and am just starting my own collections. Anyway, look forward to learning more and keeping the 2a alive in California.

jeb
03-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi,
Been lurkin for awhile.
I'm new to the gun ownership world but have shot various rifles
and handguns.
There is alot of great info here.

ep120794
03-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi All-

Relative newcomer to the board. Just completed my first whole gun purchase from Lanworld. Thanks to this board for its wealth of information on topics near and dear to all of us. people on this board sem to be a community that support each other and that is awesome. Thanks to all the guys who have been around awhile and answer all the noob questions. I'm in Norcal.

USN CHIEF
03-03-2008, 5:27 PM
Well welcome to the Community... Now you need to buy more and more guns.. And congrats on your first gun..

Stormfeather
03-03-2008, 8:28 PM
Welcome to CalGuns guys, hope you enjoy the forums!

lehn20
03-05-2008, 4:42 AM
Long time lurker here. Finally decided to register. I been following along since the OLL started, so it feels like I know people here already.
Thanks for a great forum.

CrippledPidgeon
03-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Hello everyone!

Got into the whole firearms thing this summer, and am working up quite a collection (to my poor bank account's dismay).

Got a Browning Buckmark Camper, Springfield M1911 Loaded, HK USP, HK P7M8, Ruger 10/22, and a Howa M1500 (soon to be sold tho).

Gonna be adding an M1 Garand to my collection in a week or two, and hopefully an OLL AR sometime soon as well,

Looking to add a Beretta Px4 Storm and an HK P2000 (trend?... nah!) in the future...

Currently studying in Bezerkeley and split my time shooting at Chabot, San Leandro, and Reed's Indoor Range.

tonelar
03-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone, new to this forum, but definitely not new to Calif or firearms...

glad I found this great resource for CA shooters, collectors, etc

townbound
03-07-2008, 7:27 PM
Hey everybody, just thought I would check in. I used to be involved with a few other forums a few years back and I'm loving all of the information here. I'm a former member of ar15.com, macguns.com and survivor sks forums. I think I have found a new home here. I have 8 firearms in my collection and after reading the info on this site I hope to add more soon.

AR-15 wiht 3 configurations, Tannery Shop Lower, FAB 10 Lower, DPMS single Shot Lower.
Romanian SKS
Kel-Tek SU-16
Mossberg 500
Cobray M-12 .380
Beretta 92fs Brigadier Stainless Steel. 9mm
Beretta .32 Tomcat
Browning Light Twelve.

Silvae
03-08-2008, 4:08 PM
Hi all, I'm new. I'm a student diving into the murky (albeit shallow) waters of the 2nd amendment, and have been enjoying the conversations here. They have been quite beneficial! I hope I can contribute and become a part of the conversation here as well.

naildriver
03-09-2008, 8:46 PM
Hi, Everyone. I'm new here. This is a great form. A lot of good info. here. I love my guns and i love my freedom. God Bless Our Troops.

gun4fun
03-11-2008, 11:51 PM
calguns rocks !!

8-Ball
03-12-2008, 2:53 PM
Hey all... new here.

God I hate this state...

Soldier415
03-12-2008, 2:55 PM
Hey guys!

A big welcome to you all! Don’t be shy, jump in and join the discussions.

tenbender
03-13-2008, 9:12 AM
A sincere "how ya"ll doin'? and man I love this place. I have lurked here for several weeks and found this to be a GREAT site for those of us living behind the iron curtain and for keeping those about to move in the land of the oppressed informed on current issues. Thanks to all contributors both LE and civilian.

sanddragon2004
03-13-2008, 11:21 AM
found this site doing searchs for OLLs from a few friends! very cool site thanks to the admins for posting all the information on the site i have found it very informative!

Deuce
03-13-2008, 6:39 PM
My name is Carl aka The DEUCE. I am a devoted husband and father of 2 (17 year old son and 12 year old daughter). Guns were never aloud in the house as a kid so I never had an urge shoot, until now. Last year a friend of mine took my son and I out behind Jawbone Canyon Ranger Station for a shooting tutorial. What a rush. Since then my son and I have attended a Gun Safety course at SharpShooters in Torrance, CA. Over the last few months I have acquired a couple of rifles and a pistol:
- Mosin Nagant M44
- Ruger 10/22
- Springfield XD .40

I want to learn more about the Commi-fornia gun laws that are restricting me from having more fun within this state as well as meet some peeps with the same interests.

Ugly Dwarf
03-13-2008, 8:00 PM
Welcome to the site and welcome to the sport Deuce! I think you found the right place.

This is a great site with lot's of friendly members. Good California specific information to be had with the search function or by asking when you can't find it on your own.

Dwarf

Deuce
03-14-2008, 7:24 PM
Thanks U. Dwarf

T Guns
03-16-2008, 6:09 AM
hello calguns.net members--

been lurking on the forum for a few months...finally decided I should just register already. I'm relatively new to CA and so far this forum has been an excellent resource. just wanted to say hi, and thanks to all for keeping this website great!

- Tom
(a.k.a. "T Guns")
Southern CA

Hopi
03-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the forum!!
Good to see all the new members here!

BLC
03-19-2008, 4:49 PM
Hi all!! Just wanted to say hi and thanks for letting me join the party:)

Soldier415
03-19-2008, 4:52 PM
Hi all!! Just wanted to say hi and thanks for letting me join the party:)

Welcome to calguns!

This party has an open bar

BLC
03-19-2008, 5:20 PM
Thanks Soldier!! Can I get a Jack Daniels?

Soldier415
03-19-2008, 5:22 PM
Thanks Soldier!! Can I get a Jack Daniels?

Sure!

One roofie or two?

BLC
03-19-2008, 6:02 PM
One is good, I'm trying to cut down:D

ExcitedPanda
03-19-2008, 7:21 PM
Just joined, and just purchased my first handgun a Sig P226 in 40S&W

jakjakman
03-21-2008, 9:45 AM
I just moved to San Jose from Boise, Idaho. Soooo so sad. :( Well, here's hoping things will work out.

BCS Paladin
03-22-2008, 3:36 PM
Ive reading this site for some time...I appreciate the info especially all the goofy guns laws. From the conservative part of Calif, Fresno...son of a reitred DFG Game Warden. He also had Moore's Custom Reloading for 50 plus years in Porterville.

Gun collector, mainly Smith & Wesson. Varmit hunter and ranchers buddy.
My Dad, my cousin and my two sons operate a business (monkey business) called Paladin Rodent Control...yep we special in varmit control...

We just had a special board meeting and decided to expand the Goals and Objectives of PRC to include shooting matches specializing in Spotted Owls, Mountain Lions, and California Condors. Please dont tell anyone.

My Dad may be gone but he approves.

I case you missed it I'm also a wanta be comedian dressed in Insurance Broker drag

doughboy334
03-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Hello, joined up on the suggestion of a friend from another forum and another friend I met at the shooting range. I own a Mosin Nagant and a Charles Daly shotgun, and hope to expand my collection.

tpuig
03-23-2008, 1:43 AM
A long time lurker here. Great site, thanks to all for the information, advice and comradery.
I've taken a number of years off plinking due to working way too much. Although I was never a particularly spectacular shot, I'm just getting back into it, and need to dust off a couple toys from the back of the safe. Actually a couple dozen toys.
Prior military, both Air Force, then later CA National Guard in Desert Storm and the LA Riots. Spent the last couple decades in high tech.
I've met a few members and traded some messages, but I'm looking forward to meeting more of you at events and the ranges. I don't say much, but hopefully can make the occasional helpful contribution. Maybe one of you guys can finally teach me to hit the paper. ;-)
TP

Stormfeather
03-23-2008, 2:27 AM
I wanted to take a minute to say Hello and Greetings to all the newer members joining CalGuns! Heres a quick few pointers for all you new guys!

*Theres tons and tons of great information floating around here, so dont be afraid to put it to use!
*The members here are some of the best informed in regards to california gun laws around!
*I hope you all take the time to learn more, dont be afraid to ask questions if you can find your answer after using the "Search" button. Its located in the lower dark blue bar near the top of the page. Alot of your basic questions can be answered right thru that!
*If you cant find the answer, then remember the golden rule, theres no such thing as a dumb question with us! If we dont know the answer, I promise you, we can direct you to where you can find out the answer!
*Take time to get to know the folks around here, we are just like any other disfunctional family, we have the whole spectrum, and we do everything that a family does. We laugh, we talk, we discuss, we argue, we get mad, we stomp our feet and throw tantrums, and yet no matter what, we are still pretty much a family after the smoke clears. I attribute some of my best friends to having met them here on Calguns. For the most part, we are all pretty much approachable, so "dunt be skuured!" :D

Mr10
03-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Saying HI to everyone.

Now in search for my first pistol. :-)

Mr10

Mr. Kimber
03-27-2008, 6:50 AM
Welcome aboard!:cool:

bigdave1121
03-29-2008, 8:16 PM
Hey everybody, newbie here. I recently realized that I belong to several gun forums, but not the biggest gun forum in my God-forsaken state, so here I am! I live in the Santa Cruz Mnts and work at the Los Altos Rod and Gun Club (I'm sure some of you South Bay residents are familiar with it). Anyway, I'm sure I'll ask a lot of dumb questions, but maybe you'll get lucky and I'll give a few stupid answers too.

Talon
03-31-2008, 9:19 PM
Figure I'd say hi to everyone, actually the first forum I've joined that I have introduced myself. Incase anyone wonders Talon is my actual given name and there's a short but sweet story behind it if anyones interested. I'm from So Cal and I work at Iron Sights shooting range in Oceanside. I have a DSA lower with Stage arms upper as my AR(mods in process;), M1A, Mossberg 500(slightly modified:43:) and a growing selection of glocks are my main pics from my collection.

Anybody wants to know anymore just let me know.

Jmanwit
04-02-2008, 7:54 PM
Just wanted to say hi. Found this forum quite by accident, while searching for 1911 kits (Sal, I might be interested) and it seems like a good one. I look forward to posting here and learning lots:chris:

bashmaster
04-03-2008, 12:46 PM
I am one of the new guys, just want to say hello and i hope to share good times with ya

RFB
04-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi all,

New Memeber, I was referred here off of another forum (Black Majic specifically). And being that I am a CA-Native/gun owner that is becoming increasingly more aware of the politics of gun ownership...this seemed like the place.

I look forward to meeting you in the future,

RFB

Black Majik
04-04-2008, 1:44 PM
Hi all,

New Memeber, I was referred here off of another forum (Black Majic specifically). And being that I am a CA-Native/gun owner that is becoming increasingly more aware of the politics of gun ownership...this seemed like the place.

I look forward to meeting you in the future,

RFB

Welcome aboard Robert! :D

a1scoot
04-05-2008, 6:23 PM
Hi Calgunners!
I am a new member (but not new to the site)....
Have done alot of researching for my first OLL build.
Lots of very valuable info here (in fact, I was kind of shying away from building an AR until I got better educated on the legality of this stuff.)
Finished my EBR and loving it !
I went with Stag and have had no complaints with the rifle or any issues.
Just installed an Eotech 512 and will go out next week and see how it goes.
Thanks for the great site and helping me blow a sizable chunk of cash!
a1scoot :D

Ranger Bob
04-05-2008, 8:16 PM
Hello all,

Although I've posted a couple of times on one of the threads about my newest toy, I wanted to introduce myself.

I am an Army officer currently stationed in Ft. Benning, GA, but I lived in CA prior to going on active duty. I was recently back there as, after returning from Afghanistan, I attended UCLA in order to get my Master's degree. I spent a year and a half living in Thousand Oaks and, although I miss Southern California, it is nice to be in a more gun friendly state. I still have family in CA, so I will be returning regularly and hope to retire there in another 4 years or so.

It's nice to be a part of the forum,

Bob

GreyAreA
04-06-2008, 1:51 PM
19 Years old getting back into the hobby.

Parents divorced a couple years back which killed my interest since I never had anyone to shoot with... plus living in southern California, there's nowhere to even shoot besides a couple overpriced 100m ranges.

Anyway, glad to be apart of the forums... I'm looking forward to learning.

wikidklown
04-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Hey everybody, newbie here. I recently realized that I belong to several gun forums, but not the biggest gun forum in my God-forsaken state, so here I am! I live in the Santa Cruz Mnts and work at the Los Altos Rod and Gun Club (I'm sure some of you South Bay residents are familiar with it). Anyway, I'm sure I'll ask a lot of dumb questions, but maybe you'll get lucky and I'll give a few stupid answers too.

Hi bigdave, welcome to CG. We've probably crossed paths at LARG more than once (more likely you've flagged me for some minor safety violations at the tin can range:D)

Oh yeah, welcome all you new calgunners!

kajvid
04-07-2008, 1:29 PM
Hello CG board-

I am a California Gunner in Oakland. Most of the time is the lady and myself at Chabot or SL Gun Club. Both of us shoot 1911's. I am new to .223 plinking with a SU-16CA that is currently being customized to meet my needs (fore grip, muzzle break).

Looking forward to the site!!

David

speedracer1610
04-07-2008, 7:46 PM
Hello, I am one of the new guy. I found this site doing research for a friend of mine who wanted an AR type of rifle and CA compliant. I thankfully am one of the lucky ones that bought before the ban.

Rico
04-08-2008, 1:03 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm also new to Calguns and think this will be my new home because it addresses the unique needs of the California gun owner. I just sent out my Email to all of the assembly members on AB2062 today.

Ding126
04-08-2008, 5:07 PM
Hello,
Just wanted to say hello. I currently live & work in Az & Ca. I'm one of the lucky ones. I work and live in the Bay Area, grew up in Pacifica and now live in Fairfield, Ca. I also have a home in Arizona where all the fun stuff is kept.
Anyone in the area, please say hello.
I use the same screen name on all the sites I visit.

ivanimal
04-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the site folks! A few of us use the 80 corridor to go between Concord and Vacaville everyday.

Kellann
04-10-2008, 8:18 PM
Just dropping by to say Hi. I'm brand new here, referred by 10% FA (My Husband).

ivanimal
04-10-2008, 9:05 PM
Just dropping by to say Hi. I'm brand new here, referred by 10% FA (My Husband).

Thus the pink lower.:D

Welcome did you bring a scooter?

Palebock
04-11-2008, 9:45 AM
Hello All

Just wanted to introduce myself, was referred by sboldman (Bro). Work and Live in Santa Barbara, mostly shoot at Winchester Gun Club and the Glass Factory. Just made my first AR purchase, and a extra stripped lower to start on #2.

RomanDad
04-14-2008, 9:12 PM
Hello all....

Some of you probably already know me from some of the other boards....

Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

RD
:cool2:

USN CHIEF
04-16-2008, 8:00 AM
Welcome to CalGuns RomanDad.. I am pretty sure that you will find CalGuns a very pleasant place to learn/teach and find new CA gun owners to go shooting with...

Bam Bam
04-16-2008, 7:28 PM
New guy here, I was told this is a good site and has alot of info here. I also see a few familar faces here too. I hope to be able to contribute to the forum. Thanks.

Bam Bam Kel Tec owner/forum moderator www.ktog.org

Hi USN CHIEF!

naft
04-16-2008, 9:59 PM
I'm currently living in Oregon but am moving to California shortly to finish my degree. I worked in a gun shop in the Portland area for three years. My problem is that I'm very familiar with firearm laws in Oregon and at the Federal level but don't know much about California's stipulations. I need some help figuring out what I can bring and what I must part with.

I did read through the “DOJ-large-cap-magazines-2005-11-10.pdf” as referenced elsewhere on the forum but, as seems to be the case with BATFE and other government agencies, the response seems somewhat ambiguous.

I know I can't bring:
RRA Entry Tactical
The ever-trusty CAI AK47 variant
Yugo SKS with Bayonet and grenade launcher
Any mags with capacity over 10rds.

I'm not sure about:
Mossberg 500 12ga, 18”, standard stock (somewhat “scary?”)
Mosin M44 (Integral bayonet?)
Steyr 95 (Bayonet Lug?)
'98 Mauser (Bayonet lug?)

I'm pretty sure I can bring:
Ruger 10/22
Rossi .38spl, 5shot
Sig P6
Sig P226
Kel Tec P3-AT
Sporterized 1903 in .270
1911, 8rd capacity

One more thing – do I need to register these firearms when I move of does that only apply if I purchase a firearm in CA?

Sorry for the long post, your help is very much appreciated!

Thanks everyone for creating this forum!

Nom de Guerre
04-17-2008, 7:06 AM
naft,

This reply, from Librarian in the Handgun section to a question I posted not long ago, should answer some of your questions...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1097712&postcount=59

fat felixxx
04-17-2008, 7:11 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking a bit here at calguns.net just doing research finally decided to introduce myself. I picked up my first firearm, a glock 19, about 2 months ago and have been thoroughly enjoying it!

This 'sport' or 'lifestyle' sure is addicting! I'm already in the process of pieceing together my 'AR.'

And I was also wondering if you folks can point me in the right direction to buy some less boring/traditional targets. Just looking for something with some color and a bit more creativity. I remember seeing a target that was supposed to resemble Osama Bin Laden.

Any help will be great!

cj1026
04-19-2008, 6:58 PM
Hi all. New to the site. I have been reading a lot of different topics on here and there is a ton of great information. I think I will be spending a lot of time on here and I already have a ton of questions.

hss0p
04-21-2008, 8:49 AM
New guy here from Clovis. Great site you all have here, looks like all the members really contribute to it. I have already read the FAQs and stickies etc., and have a good understanding about what is CA legal.

I know a good amount about pistols and shotguns, but not too much about semi auto rifles.

I will be making my first AR15 style (prob Stag-15 with A.R.M.S. #40L model 2T preban) sometime this week. Very excited!

jazman
04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Hello all-
Glad to be here. I am an equal opportunity gun liker, I pretty much like them all. Have a few guns, favorite auto G19, favorite revolver Colt Python, favorite lever Rossi SS .357 trapper. I also hang out at LeverGuns, Ruger and Colt forums. Looking forward to being here. Jazman

lchurch
04-22-2008, 9:53 AM
My name is Larry Church and I'm a shooter.

My earliest firearm recollection is sitting on my father's lap and him showing me his .45 ACP Government issue 1911. This was during the "Occupation of Japan" and he was required to be armed -- that would make me 3 at the time. Perhaps that's why I'm a 1911 bigot!

I started shooting in Boy Scouts (at about 10), and purchased my first guns around then: a single shot, bolt action .22 and a 12 Ga single shot shotgun -- both Winchesters!

I have been a competitor in ISPC, IDPA, and 3 gun.
I have been a reloader (and Dillon fan) for many years.
I've been an NRA firearms instructor since the 1980's.

I currently teach NRA courses with BAYPROFS (see: http:www.bayprofs.org).
I also teach the occasional Utah CCW course.

I'm a Gunsite graduate, and have taken classes from many other famous and not so famous instructors.

- larry

DMG
04-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Great site ya got here. I'm on the wait for my first handgun @ the local outfitter. My wife has already noticed the addiction is beginning. As she put it "you don't even have it in your hands and your already shopping for more."
Picking up an sw99 9mm in a week, but found myself @ Big5 yesterday looking for rounds and had my eye caught by the mossberg 500. After I get permission (not coming soon) for that one next will be a 10/22 for some fun out on in the canyon.

Best regards,
David

gcvt
04-25-2008, 9:28 AM
Hi all - just posting up to introduce myself.

I'm just beginning to research building an AR for myself and this is clearly the site to be on!

Current weapons include:
Sig P229 .40
Ruger 10/22
Remington 870

I look forward to hanging out with you guys :cheers2:

Noah
04-25-2008, 8:12 PM
Hey all,
I am new to Calguns, and wanted to introduce myself and thank calguns. I live in Northern CA. I have been shooting as far back as I can remember. I learned to shoot rifles on my Fathers 22lr and learned to handle a pistol with a crossman air pistol. I have shot many others over the years and I have recently had my interest in target shooting and firearm engineering/function rekindled when I purchased myself a new shotgun last year. I have been to the range more in the last year than I had in the previous 10 years. Also, I will be teaching my first child to shoot this year and have already begun talking to her about gun safety and the rules about.
Anyways I have been wanting a more accurate rifle that is fun to shoot for the range and I am plan to purchasing a few pistols this year if funds permit. I make blue collar money so I try to carefully concider big purchases. In the process of doing some research on the web I came across Calguns and have found such a great deal of information, ideas, and helpful people on this forum that I thought I better say hi,
AND more importantly say Thank You!

Thanks to the folks who came up with this site! CA is a boon-doggle of laws, lists, and beurocracy. This place meets a great need and gives a wonderful balance of general gun info and talk, with added info and members that live in or are familiar with our laws here in CA. Great idea!
ALSO Thank You! to all the members that have taken there time to answer peoples questions and share the knowledge you have. Thank You.

I found and incredible amount of answers and information to many questions I have had here.
Calguns is truely awesome, THANK YOU!

Noah

USN CHIEF
04-27-2008, 2:00 PM
GCVT and Noah, welcome to Cal Guns...

ricochet
04-27-2008, 6:53 PM
Reminded me of a quote:

Just another innocent gun owner stuck in the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

Noah
04-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Chief, ricochet.......... thanks for the welcome.

Anna
04-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Just wanted to say hi. I've been lurking around this site for a couple of weeks, and I've already learned quite a bit.

I'm a total gun newbie. Am in the process of acquiring my first firearm and my CCW application is already in the final stages (I'm expecting to get my CCW license in the next couple of weeks). Never shot a gun before four weeks ago when I took a CCW class, but then I discovered that I really enjoyed shooting. I also strongly believe in the idea that people should be able to protect themselves, no matter what the legislators in the State of California think.

USN CHIEF
04-28-2008, 3:10 PM
Just wanted to say hi. I've been lurking around this site for a couple of weeks, and I've already learned quite a bit.

I'm a total gun newbie. Am in the process of acquiring my first firearm and my CCW application is already in the final stages (I'm expecting to get my CCW license in the next couple of weeks). Never shot a gun before four weeks ago when I took a CCW class, but then I discovered that I really enjoyed shooting. I also strongly believe in the idea that people should be able to protect themselves, no matter what the legislators in the State of California think.

Welcome to Cal Guns Anna and hope to see you on the Forums... Let's us know if you were able to get your CCW and alos what county...

ZombieKiller
04-28-2008, 6:30 PM
Welcome welcome welcome......You guys will love this place......

Noah
04-29-2008, 8:29 PM
Welcome welcome welcome......You guys will love this place......

Thanks, ZombieKiller, I like the name. The many Zombie refferences, I catch in many of the threads here on calguns, always make me grin and laugh to myself. :)

Blackmon
04-30-2008, 3:56 PM
HI. I'm new. I am moving to LA in about 23 days. I am very excited except for not being able to bring my Ak. I look forward to finding my way around the forum and shooting more often.
best
Mike

Cobra 762
05-01-2008, 6:45 PM
This is Cobra hailing from the other end of the US! Givin ya a big ol NC wassssssup! I'm a noob here for now but no stranger to gun forums. I moderate on saiga-12.com and I already recognize at least one name here from over there.
Just wanted to say hey and DAMN!.... Y'all got some strange gun laws from what I've heard so far!.:TFH:

Came here to surf, just like a lot of my friends who have gone west in search of the best waves. I'm gonna surf around and see what all I can learn.:cool:

USN CHIEF
05-01-2008, 10:30 PM
This is Cobra hailing from the other end of the US! Givin ya a big ol NC wassssssup! I'm a noob here for now but no stranger to gun forums. I moderate on saiga-12.com and I already recognize at least one name here from over there.
Just wanted to say hey and DAMN!.... Y'all got some strange gun laws from what I've heard so far!.:TFH:

Came here to surf, just like a lot of my friends who have gone west in search of the best waves. I'm gonna surf around and see what all I can learn.:cool:

Hola Amigo... Welcome to Cal Guns and we appreciate the kind words and hopefully you will see how most CA gun owners have adapted well to the weird laws that we have here.. :D

GaryVR
05-04-2008, 9:46 PM
Hello,

I thought I would introduce myself. I am in Folsom CA. I have a HO business where I do interstate transfers and stock AR-15 OLLs and AK-47 OLRs.

This out to be an intersting time to live in the PRK.

John117
05-07-2008, 8:27 AM
Hello,

I've been lurking for a while and decided it was time to join. I've found more info on here than anywhere else regarding my interests. One day I hope to help someone else out but in the meantime I'm excited to be a knowledge sponge.

John117

NotSoFast
05-07-2008, 9:05 AM
Another n00b checking in from Livermore. Just signed up the other day and have been lurking. I really appreciate the info y'all have here. It's helped me decide what to buy and what to watch for.

usmc1345
05-07-2008, 6:38 PM
OOrah new to the site looking forward to doing some business and learning some new things.

aplinker
05-07-2008, 6:41 PM
Welcome to you all. :)

RickD6023
05-10-2008, 3:27 PM
New to CalGuns.net and looking forward to all that is available here. To our hosts - thanks in advance for all that you contribute.

big al
05-10-2008, 8:34 PM
checking in from sf, hope to learn and share with fellow calcunners!!!

big al
05-10-2008, 8:34 PM
typo....i mean calgunners

MrSlippyFist
05-12-2008, 9:06 AM
Hey-
Joined this forum to get valuable intel and share what I know to help others out. I've been reloading a couple different calibers for about a year now, own a Rem 700, M1 Garand, M1A, Ruger 10/22, Mossberg 500, Ar15, Glock 26, and FN FiveseveN.

I grew up in Turlock, joined the army after high school, did alot of travelling, and somehow ended up in Fresno. ETS'd in May 06, and finished my IRR obligation yesterday. My MOS was 96R. Currently attending American Military University and employed as a Mine Engineer.

11wnb
05-12-2008, 9:53 AM
Hi there-
I've been lurking around and trying to read every post I can. What an awesome site! I've owned a couple of rifles but nothing like the trusty M-16 I carried for awhile in the Marine Corps. Looking forward to building my first AR soon!

Synergy
05-13-2008, 1:34 PM
Another new guy, I frequent a few other gun forums and Ducati forums. I am active with the NRA and have been writing my assembly members opposing the idiotic bills on the floor right now. Just here to join fellow California gun owners.

jjefrey
05-13-2008, 8:01 PM
New guy here, just popping in to say hi. Been around guns and hunting since I was a little kid.

Looking forward to moving from my practical hunting guns to some fun tactical ones. Also looking forward to learning from this great site you have here.

N_S
05-13-2008, 8:59 PM
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get some guns the day I turn 18 so I figured it would make sense to do some homework first.

crush_opposition
05-14-2008, 3:15 PM
Hi everyone,

27 years old from north orange county, former military, always been into guns and have just recently been shown the light of the "OLL"...instant BRD. =] Here to gain some knowledge, answer some questions, make sure im obeying the law, look at some cool pictures and keep up on legislation.

ME_Mike
05-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Hello Members,

Name's Mike. 33. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

GodFather
05-18-2008, 1:51 PM
Test

bubbaskyjacker
05-20-2008, 9:18 PM
hey everyone! bubbaskyjacker is the nick name my uncle gave me because when i was rebuilding my jeep he suggested a 2 inch lift and when it came POW, a 6 inch !!! any way i love guns and knives and watches. i have a few pistols and some rifles aswell. my favorite right now is my 10/22 with a bull barrel (untill i get my oll built) in my search for a leagal ar i came across this site. so as a newbie i hope i dont ask too many questions. thanks

technocia
05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Helllo there, new member here. I'm surprised that there's even a board like this, great site!

Sunwolf
05-26-2008, 9:34 AM
Glad to be here,great site!

stk0919
05-29-2008, 12:04 PM
hey all, new to the board just wanted to say 'hello'. I've always had an avid interest in firearms, finally bought my first (Mosin-Nagant M44) in 2005! Anywho, I joined pretty much bacause of the wealth of knowledge I found here while once googling California gun laws. Waaaaay too confusing for me, but members here seemed to be able to 'dumb it down' for people like me. See ya!

pTa
05-30-2008, 6:01 PM
Hi everybody. New to this forum, but my pistol/ rifle friends recommended it. I work in Calif, but live over the border near Reno. Have been interested in one day making the move to the Bay Area.
I grew up shooting. And it's the one thing that keeps me here in NV. It's just less hassle here to be into the shooting sports.

Dark Water
06-02-2008, 5:38 AM
Hello Calgunners. I am a new member to this great site. I look forward to being able to tap into the incredible knowledge available here. I am an NRA Life Member and like to think of myself as very actively involved in the movement. I will offer what I can and look forward to talking with all of you.

Citizen Snips
06-02-2008, 6:51 PM
Greetings from the south :cool: This is a great state specific forum.

joems
06-04-2008, 9:41 PM
'Ey all noobie here, can someone be kind enough to link me or show me what's OLL, FFL or other acronym's used in this forum?

thanks!

RX_Pilot
06-04-2008, 9:58 PM
It all started with the passing of Charlton Heston. I had read in the news of his passing and decided to look up some old clips of his movies on Youtube. After reliving soylent green being made out of people and us maniacs being damned to hell, I found a speech he had given almost 20 years ago at an NRA meeting that touched me to the core.

This ~25 minute speech put into such clarity the spirit and wisdom of our Constitution and our inalienable rights to bear arms that it awoke something in me. I had always believed in my right to a firearm however never really gave it a serious thought. Sure I had gone to the range several times, and we always fired off a few rounds at our camping trips but did I really need a firearm?

The answer became yes as I started to research the subject of gun ownership in this state. I had heard snippets in the news over the years about “waiting periods,” “assault weapon” bans, 50-caliber rifle bans and even the city of San Francisco trying to ban handguns but since it never affected me, was ignorant that these nickel-and-dime restrictions were slowing eroding one of my Constitutional rights. I’ve never been arrested, am a productive member of society, and even pay my taxes but why does the state of California put up such impediments to law-abiding citizens?

The time had come that I exercise my right to a firearm before any more restrictions were put into place. What’s next, a DNA sample? I joined the NRA and started my search for a handgun.

Today starts my 10-day waiting period before I can pick up my first handgun – a Ruger Mk III 22/45. I decided on this gun because my fiancée expressed interest in also going to the range with me, and ammo is dirt cheap compared to what I intend to get after I clear the 30-day per handgun rule – a 1911. That Kimber felt really nice too…

lowprofile
06-05-2008, 7:31 PM
Greetings - shooter from San Diego checking in. I'm new to the forum, but have been around guns for a long time.

depmac983ret
06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
:)Just joined up! I'm really going to enjoy this site.
I'm not an "all knowing" guy but I've learned a few things. Hope I can contribute as well as learn. I work Mids so I'll be at the "puter" in the early A.M. See Ya!

Hopi
06-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Welcome to all the new members!!!

BangStick MKII
06-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Greetings from LA area, I am planning on buying my 1st gun within a month...

rayd7
06-06-2008, 2:43 PM
Hello to all from Ventura .

Hopi
06-06-2008, 2:46 PM
Hello to all from Ventura .

wow, welcome back.

depmac983ret
06-06-2008, 3:02 PM
Happy to be on board. Joined Today!
I've already put my foot in it but I'll recover:)

TEXPLUGGER
06-07-2008, 5:13 PM
good evening you all. we are a new member logged in as texplugger - not real sure how all this stuff works but we are going to give it a try and we are sure some one will set us straight --they said to tell something about ourselves-just an old hunting & fishing guy that lives on the south texas coast where the hunting and fishing are the best any where -- old body can't quite take all the pounding like 30/;40 years ago but we keep trying --came in this world in 1929 and have been on same job 56 years and still there--just trying to make another day without crossing any one or any thing up in this old world--have had guns and fishing rods all my life-- had lots and lots of both stolen -- hope they enjoyed them as much as i did first gun a single shot h&r 12 ga.full choke 30" bbl. for geese --would knock us down every shot--2nd gun an old 18something
lever action 32/20 --couldnt afford ammo. traded it even for a .22 bolt action--i know he was happy- so now we collect a few hand guns now and then when the notion hits us --looking for one now that we cannot find. enjoy all the notes and writing and hope that we are not breaking any rules--some one please let us know so we will do it right ! Thanks ! texplugger from texas

Chuckster31
06-08-2008, 6:00 PM
Hello everybody! My name is Carlos. I was referred to this site by a cousin of mine. I am just beginning build my collection. I currently own a mossberg 500 and have a springfield armory xd .45acp on the way. I am here because I plan on building a Ca legal AR 15. I already have a budget set up, know where to get everything needed, but my only problem is that being a newby, I don't know which manufacture to go with. I want this AR rifle to last me a while. Any feedback and help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

FTC
06-09-2008, 6:31 AM
whats up everyone, stumbled across this great site while searching for info on my first firearm, and happy to have found it!

zman
06-09-2008, 8:46 AM
Newbie here and new to guns in general. I picked up a couple of XDs last Memorial Day weekend due to Turner's 25% gift card offer :) I have 300 rds on the first one and still waiting to DROS my subcompact :(

CCWUSA
06-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I offer California (San Diego County) Utah and Florida Concealed Firearm Permit Classes down here in San Diego every month. I also have Utah Non-Resident, Multi-State Permit classes next month in Orange County (Los Alamitos) and Imperial County (El Centro).

I'm teaching classes full-time and have a very flexible schedule. If you have a group and would like me to come to your location, I am available for travel. I also offer one-on-one private classes to fit your schedule here in SoCal. I have been teaching Firearms and Concealed Carry for over 15 years, and the Utah CFP Class for the past 5 years. I also offer Live-Fire Range Clinics and CCW Tactics Classes for those of you that already have your permits. Please take a look at my website and contact me at your convenience. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Regards,

William "Bill" Desy, CFE, CFS
State Certified Instructor
CCW USA Firearms Training
www.CCWUSA.com
Edit/Delete Message

MChan67
06-11-2008, 7:21 PM
Hello, My name is Michael I currently reside in Ohio but am looking at relocating back home to California... I joined this fourm to become aware of whats up in cali... I found the material on AR's most useful...

ChrisXD45T
06-11-2008, 7:37 PM
New member from Monterey.
I work at the Laguna Seca Rifle and Pistol Range and would like to let those interested know that there will be a rimfire and centerfire rifle match on Saturday the 14th of June starting a 9:00 a.m. as well as a centerfire pistol falling plate match starting at 4:00 p.m.

If anyone has any suggestions or questions concerning the range, feel free to ask.

bowling-name
06-12-2008, 7:15 AM
By way of introduction:

I'm an Oregon-native, though I've now lived in California (7 years in the San Joaquin Valley, a little time in Berkeley, 6 years in Los Angeles) for nearly half of my life.

I haven't fired a gun in more than 10 years (:hide:) , but I expect to buy my first handgun this summer and make practice/training at the range a regular habit. I look forward to sharing in the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Regards.

Termagant
06-12-2008, 8:39 AM
Hello!
I've finally gotten around to registering rather than just lurking. I live in the East Bay, and shoot at Bullseye, Jackson Arms, and occasionally San Leandro or Target Masters- and will be taking a class at Richmond Rod+Gun next weekend! My parents are both NRA Firearms Instructors, and my mom shoots on both skeet and pistol teams. They still live on the east coast farm I grew up on, and whenever I go back to visit, I shoot with my mom. I also took the NRA Basic Pistol class from her in January.

I've only owned long guns up 'til now-- a Remington 1187 Target Skeet 12Ga. (with interchangeable chokes, so it's been great for wingshooting as well as skeet) and two Winchester rifles: a Model 94 .30-30 and a Model 94AE .44, but my girlfriend just bought me a Glock 19 9mm (YAY!!!), so now I can stop borrowing/sharing her handguns all the time. She and I took a Front Sight four-day defensive handgun class this spring where I fell in love with the 19.

Ilovep6
06-12-2008, 5:42 PM
Hello to all from San Francisco

braskin
06-12-2008, 7:58 PM
Hello all,
New member from San Luis Obispo. I've been lurking around here for about a month, thought it was time to introduce myself. Looking forward to taking some new toys out to SLOSA soon. This site has so much information and it's good to know there are so many like minded individuals here in Cali!

ccandgc
06-12-2008, 9:32 PM
Hi,
my name is Chad, and I recently moved to San Diego from Hawaii, and I had to leave some weapons back home, Im still trying to make sense of whats acceptable in CA. Hope to learn more!

Thanks!
Chad

KenG
06-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Hello,
New guy here to this forum. Live in the Inland Empire ,Riverside county. I mostly shoot bolt action Military rifle but have a semi-auto or two.
Ken

Captain MacMillan
06-16-2008, 10:54 PM
wazzup! just wanted to say hello,:gunsmilie:... I am new here (obviously) and just wanted to put my self out there

ivanimal
06-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Welcome to all I hope you stay awhile.

slowsqueeze
06-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi there. I'm in Socal and a newbie here. I usually shoot at firing line in HB. I am trying to find a place to try a large assortment of different semi-auto pistols and double-action revolvers. Glad to be here.

Nevermore
06-17-2008, 8:53 PM
Greetings, all. Canadian ex-pat living in the Bay Area, trying to jump through the regulatory hurtles to get back into shooting. Coming from north of the border and seeing the kind of ridiculousness that passes as "reasonable gun laws": you really, really don't want to get to that point.

That said, I'm looking forward to learning from the many members on this site. See you around the forums!

IllTemperedCur
06-18-2008, 3:59 PM
Hey there folks, greetings from Santa Barbara! Long time lurker, thought I should get off my backside and contribute to the community. Shooting exclusively at the Glass Factory right now, mainly because I'm a cheap bastid. Met a couple of Calgunners there last weekend, which was cool.

Just getting back into shooting after a 17 year drought (!). After I sold off my guns when I left the Army in '91, I just didn't have the urge until this year. Bought a BHP MkIII and haven't looked back. Waiting on a 10/22 right now, and I'll be doing an AR build next month, if all goes according to plan.

Funny, but I really hadn't kept up with RKBA issues during my non-shooting time. However, last year I started lurking here and several other places on-line, and realized how threatened our 2A rights are (always knew it in the back of my mind, but the reality is rather sobering). So I made that decision to get back into shooting, at first for political reasons, but now the urge has definitely taken root. So I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to Dianne, Barbara, Harry, Gray, Nancy, Hillary, Barack, Ted and all the other GFW's and anti's out there. If it wasn't for you and your gun-banning ways, I wouldn't have got back into gun ownership. :p

mordak6actual
06-26-2008, 4:11 PM
Hi all,

Longtime lurker, finally got off my butt to register. I post on a couple of other forums (LF.net) but my post count has sharply fallen since I actually have to work at work these days.

I shoot mostly up at Burro Canyon, occasionally at Iron Sights down in Oceanside, and pistols at Sharpshooter's in Torrance.

My current collection consists of a SA M1A, a SA 1911 loaded, Remington 870 Police Magnum, and a OLL AR.

And yes, I caught BRD after I built my OLL. So now I want another.:D

freakshow10mm
06-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone. This site was recommended to me on THR. I was inquiring as to the details of being able to ship guns to California. I registered with the CA DOJ last night so now I'm CFLC compliant. Yippee!! I mainly joined to learn about CA laws regarding firearms as it pertains to sending guns into CA to FFLs for gun owners.

Adam

Onewisdom
06-29-2008, 8:10 PM
Hello everyone in this group.

I am new in the forum and new with guns. I feel fortunate to have found this type of forum to start through the learning curb.

I have been traveling to Costa Rica and visiting remote areas. I have been in situations that I wished I was the INCREDIBLE HAWK or had a gun... The idea of getting stranded in desolated places prompted me to purchase a gun.

Being a woman, and small frame, it was a challenge finding the a gun that fits my needs, size and practicality. After the search, I decided to purchase a Glock 23. I went through all the Costa Rican red tape to get the permit to carry and here I AM... Knowing I am protected IF I dare to shoot...

In Costa Rica, I carried the Glock for few days in a waist holster, but I am very conscious of the gun, and feel awkward with my gun. I am sure it is just a matter of getting comfortable with the idea of having the gun with me at all times.

Right now I am in California and leaving again in a few days...

I have been thinking that instead of a waist holster, it would be a better idea to have a shoulder holster... I have seen the shoulder holsters on the TV shows, but I have never seen one worn in real life. I need to do some research on this matter.

Thank you very much for any ideas on guns you may wish to enlighten me with your knowledge and experience.

Onewisdom
:)

Onewisdom
06-29-2008, 8:19 PM
As a new member myself, I see that there is a lot of stuff to learn. I do not know if I am going to get so much into firearms, but I am considering to also get a gun here in California as well. I am sure I can learn from everyone here. Welcome!

Onewisdom
:)

Onewisdom
06-29-2008, 8:24 PM
IllTemper,
You mentioned the anti-gun movement. It seems that there are lots of guns out there... how do these people get to own guns? Where do they come from? I went to a gun store, and it seems that they require lots of things to own a gun. How do they manage?

Onewisdom

tuolumnejim
06-30-2008, 10:01 AM
I've been reading Calguns every now and then, but I figured it was high time I got off my behind to post. :D

Hopi
06-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Hey there folks, greetings from Santa Barbara! Long time lurker, thought I should get off my backside and contribute to the community. Shooting exclusively at the Glass Factory right now, mainly because I'm a cheap bastid. Met a couple of Calgunners there last weekend, which was cool.

Just getting back into shooting after a 17 year drought (!). After I sold off my guns when I left the Army in '91, I just didn't have the urge until this year. Bought a BHP MkIII and haven't looked back. Waiting on a 10/22 right now, and I'll be doing an AR build next month, if all goes according to plan.

Funny, but I really hadn't kept up with RKBA issues during my non-shooting time. However, last year I started lurking here and several other places on-line, and realized how threatened our 2A rights are (always knew it in the back of my mind, but the reality is rather sobering). So I made that decision to get back into shooting, at first for political reasons, but now the urge has definitely taken root. So I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to Dianne, Barbara, Harry, Gray, Nancy, Hillary, Barack, Ted and all the other GFW's and anti's out there. If it wasn't for you and your gun-banning ways, I wouldn't have got back into gun ownership. :p

Welcome to the forum neighbor! When you head up to the Glass Factory next, shoot me a PM and I'll try to make it up there....

Hopi
06-30-2008, 10:06 AM
I've been reading Calguns every now and then, but I figured it was high time I got off my behind to post. :D

Welcome to the forum! and you don't need to stand to type:p....sit back and relax, there is lots to read and respond to...

sandimasguy
07-02-2008, 12:28 PM
just sayin wassssssup

just registered after lurking for awhile

nice forums and lots of info

anyway im in sandimas and shoot alot a burro canyon

so shoot me a pm if you want

Cave Dweller
07-05-2008, 8:24 PM
Hi all.
Call me Nathan,
I'm from beautiful gang riddled San Bernardino CA.
My Favorite podcast is The urban Shooter
I like puppies and firecrackers.
I belong to two other forums
www.thehighroad.org
which is part of
www.a-human-right.com/
and
www.gunrightsradio.com/forums2/index.php
which is part of
www.gunrightsradio.com

These are a few of my favorite things.
Looking forward to getting to know yall.

Anybody else from san bernarghetto?:p

pretz
07-06-2008, 1:51 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, fellow patriots!

I am a middle-aged casual hobbyist who is more into the philosophy and advantages of gun ownership, rather than being a collector or expert on the use and ownership of such.

I am a Life Member of the NRA and the CRPA, and prefer cap and ball pistols. I don't shoot often, and then, it is only target or plinking. I stink at both.

When It comes to technological knowledge...don't expect anything stellar. I try to keep up with the laws and recent developements, but don't expect much there, either. Now, if you ask for an opinion, you will have it! I have a surplus of those!

This looks like a site I can learn much from, and am thankful for it!

ar15jbry
07-07-2008, 4:37 PM
I'm a Northern California native and gun enthusiast. I spent the past few weeks browsing around here researching my project before I joined the forum.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge available here for us law abiding citizens. Thank you to all the people that make this site and the valuable information it contains available.

As the world population exponentially increases so does the chances of a SHTF type of scenario taking place, even in our beautiful sunny state. That is part of the reason I'm here. The others being that I love machines and technology (I work in that industry) and I'm a very big supporter of home defense.

Look forward to gaining knowledge from others expertise. Knowledge is power...

yallknowho
07-07-2008, 4:54 PM
get lost. we don't need your kind around here. :p

SkatinJJ
07-08-2008, 9:12 AM
Hi everyone!

I've been reading your technical and legal expertise and doing my homework as recommended. This site and others have been instrumental in my .308 rifle build.

I have especially appreciated having the "Venders" section as an immediate retail reference.

I have built a Fulton lower, CAR stock with a bullet button/fixed 10-round magazine and will soon have my DPMS upper ordered, still researching specific features. I'm taking my time as my wife doesn't understand there's no cure for BRD.

I was a Sergeant in the Marines and my buddies have several registered AWs so it's been 28 years of my avid AR usage.

I also feel it comes down to the basic tenets of any legal system, use your freedoms and liberties or find them gone when you need them.

sorensen440
07-08-2008, 5:36 PM
welcome to all
Theres alot of info on here
remember to try the search before asking a question
most have already been answered

M. MANALILI
07-09-2008, 7:41 AM
New guy here!

My name is M. MANALILI; from East Bay Area, Nothern CA. I am a 9 year Police Officer. I'm excited to see what this Forum has to offer! Good day. . .

TheCiscoKid
07-09-2008, 10:12 AM
hello everyone. new guy here.

i don't own a firearm yet, but i plan on getting the glock19 pretty soon.

i believe everyone has the right to defend themselves and their loved ones.

i believe gun control laws only take guns away from law-abiding citizens and the criminals remain the only ones armed (why don't the politicians get that???).

i grew up in bad areas and it was horrible to not be able to feel safe in your own neighborhood.

i believe the law needs to be harder on career criminals.

i believe we need to build more jails and prisons. as things are now, too many criminals never complete their sentence because of overcrowding. it's all a joke to criminals and they don't fear the law. it's time to get medieval on them. bleeding hearts need to stop making excuses for criminals. we all have choices.

i support both CC and OC.

i'm a pretty calm, self-controlled guy.

i probably wont be able to contribute much more than opinions on calguns, but i look forward to learning as much as i can from everyone here. :)

69Mach1
07-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Welcome to all you new guys.

DrunkSkunk
07-09-2008, 12:29 PM
yes yes the more the

welcome everyone.

Glock30
07-09-2008, 11:24 PM
yes yes the more the

welcome everyone.

Aren't you forgetting something? n00b.

kaboom
07-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Yet another newbie.
I just wanted to say thanks to all the people who make this site work. The info I have got here has made my hopes of building my first AR, while living in CA, become reality.

only mortal
07-14-2008, 10:58 AM
periodic lurker sounding off via San Francisco. I really appreciate the effort put in to the site and all the legal info, Youse guys are sorting through the states legal jargon and helping keep me on the outside edge of the 20 ft fence. Much appreciated!

Schooner
07-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi Folks,

What a great site!

FNG here,
just trying to keep abreast of all the dizzying array of endless new laws,
and regs. This site is a big help!

I've been shooting for nigh on 40 years now,
I'm formerly a 3-Gun competitor, (Castro Valley,) and did some IDPA matches.

Also, formerly a Gunner on the "Californian,"
shooting 3" black powder (Pyrodex) Cannons, Big Fun!

E-T
07-15-2008, 3:05 PM
Hello folks,

Registered a while ago but just never posted. A friend of mine got me into guns about a year ago, so I'm still pretty new to it all. But I'm addicted! I am the happy owner of a sig 226, a lefty AR (Stag lower/upper, Bushnell holo sight), and as of yesterday, a brand new owner of Spring Armory's sub-compact XD 9mm. After showing up at the SF Bay Area Chabot shoot/BBQ, I thought it about time to get off my rear and post. :)

NineteenElev3n
07-15-2008, 3:13 PM
Hello All:

I have been a lurker for awhile and I finally decided to join. Hello to all members of Calguns.net! It is nice to become a part of the Calguns family! :cool2:

-NineteenElev3n

TRAP55
07-16-2008, 5:06 PM
Another newbie here. Native born, raised, live and work here in the occupied territory. Shot my 1st gun 45yrs ago and been hooked ever since. Got more guns than I need, and not near as many as I want! I run the Mauser Central forums, and drive truck for a real job.
See a lot of familiar names here, looks like good company on a great site!

liketoshoot
07-18-2008, 7:33 AM
Welcome to all newbies, you will find lots of like minded people here, and we are glad you joined us.

kittycat
07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
My BF took me to a shooting range in Vegas a while back. It was my first time and I shot a M249 SAW and Glock 9. I had so much fun!!! We bought memberships at a local range and ordered an AR. :p

Hopefully I can learn some useful information since I'm such a newbie.

Nice to meet everyone,
Cat

Todd Thomas
07-20-2008, 8:02 PM
Its gotta happen. Had no idea it is my handle on chats. How is it done?

nagorb
07-21-2008, 6:56 PM
I found this site a while back and have been lagging about signing up but today i finally signed up . You guys really do a good job. Both my parents are anti gun so I was 19 when I went shooting for the first time which was awesome. about a year latter I purchased my first rifle, a mosin nagant which is really a fun rifle. Two days after I turned 21 I got my handgun license and a week later I got a ruger p345. Being a student I only shoot a few times a year($) but once I graduate and have a steady income my collection will swell along with trips to the range. I mainly shoot at Los Altos. Thanks for all the info on the site, with no parents or friends who are into shooting I rely on all the experience from people onthe internet.

Dwikkles
07-21-2008, 8:11 PM
Hey everyone.

My girlfriend and I are new here.She's a new shooter and I moved here from VA about a year ago.So...we're pretty clueless on the laws for shooting.

We just got an OLL AR15,and we're really amped to shoot it for the 1st time this weekend.

However,neither of us knows where to go.We're heading to Vegas Saturday and we'd like to stop off and let loose a little bit.We're taking the 15 all the way.

Also we're wondering where to find BLM land that we can shoot at.We live in Orange County.Probably nothing really close im guessing.

G437Z
07-22-2008, 7:04 PM
Hey,

I am new here but like most people it seems I have been lurking around for the past few months. I have always wanted to own a AR and for years assumed it just wasn't going to happen as long as I lived in a state where its illegal to have fun. But the wealth of knowledge on this forum has educated me and thanks to everyone who took the time to post all this information. Thanks to you all tomorrow morning I am finally going to purchase my first OLL.

6114DAVE
07-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone! Im new to calguns but i like the forum after reading some of the threads. i will be acquiring a glock 23 within the next month or even sooner! "tap,rack......Bang!"

Doug103
07-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Greetings everyone! New to Calguns and fairly new to CA. Been here about 2 years now direct from Kenosha Wisconsin. Enjoying the weather and riding street and dirt bikes year round. My favorite guns right now are my Springfield XD 45 Tactical and the latest is a Ruger Mark III Hunter with the fluted bull barrel, fiber optic front sight, and distinctive Cocobolo grips. Good times. But now I'm looking to begin a new hobby and I think I found a great place to start......hehe
Looking forward to chattin with ya.
Doug

caliman73
07-27-2008, 5:34 PM
Hello all,

I live on the central coast. I registered on the site in April but my first posts were yesterday. I am a firearms enthusiast on a budget. I own a Mini Firestorm .45, a Bersa Thunder UC 9mm, A Ruger 10/22, and a Kel Tec Su16 which I have collected over the past few years. I am looking at getting a RAA Saiga in the near future but we shall see.

vega
07-27-2008, 10:18 PM
New guy here!

My name is M. MANALILI; from East Bay Area, Nothern CA. I am a 9 year Police Officer. I'm excited to see what this Forum has to offer! Good day. . .

Welcome to the forum, did your roots originated from Pampanga?

EdCo
07-27-2008, 10:51 PM
hi, im pretty much a newbie when it comes to anything firearms. im looking to purchase a handgun for home defense but there is a lot for me to learn. I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and am also going to sign up for a firearm safety classes any time soon.

thanks,

Edgar C.

RFBIII
07-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone!

I am a longtime NRA Life Member and CRPA Life Member who hasn't purchased a firearm in awhile and am appalled by the changes made in recent years that infringe on the right to bear arms!
I decided to take my involvement up a notch or so and therefore I am becoming involved in the local NRA Members Council. I went to last Saturday's conference and attended the session that your Calguns leadership put on. So now I'm here!
I hope to make positive contributions to the forum and experience the venerated "win-win" situation!

Warmest wishes,
Bob

jchen012
07-30-2008, 1:50 PM
Hello! I am originally from Danville, CA (Contra Costa County), but moved to Seattle, WA about 10 years ago. Anyhow not new to firearms (I own 5 Sigs, 1 Glock, 3 ARs), but I'm looking for information about bringing guns back during the holidays since my parents still live there. Also my best friend's sister just moved to Los Angeles to attend graduate school at USC and she asked me to help her get some kind of OC spray. I personally have used Sabre Red and it has been very effective. I was wondering if anyone knows if Sabre Red is legal in CA (apparently the law requires some kind of label) and if so, where can I get it locally, specifically around the Pasadena area. I told her most gun stores sell OC, but she is somewhat scared of firearms. Here in Seattle, they sell Sabre Red at places like Big5. Is it the same down there?

vxhybrid
07-30-2008, 9:30 PM
just wanted to stop by and introduce my self, I am currently stationed in red bluff as an Army recruiter

shaun

Lonestar49
07-31-2008, 10:15 AM

Just signed up, being a fellow Calif endangered species..

Got good recommendations about your site and its members from both, the THR and Beretta Forums..

Looking forward to learning from my fellow endangered species about the ins and outs of our ever-morphing Calif gun-restrictive laws, along with hopefully, finding a few more nice used handguns for my small herd without having to go out of State (just lost a great deal on a Sig P229 n/r 40 because of his FFL's refusal to ship anything to CA. because of the latest, July 08, Firearms Shipment Approval piece of paper now in effect..

Good to be in the company of more educated members and I'm looking forward to enlightenment.

Ls

MarcM
08-01-2008, 4:37 PM
My name is Marc, and I like guns. I have been called a gun nut, but I perfer "enthusiast." I also drive a Jeep to further my pariah standing in California. Cheers!

RRpilot
08-02-2008, 2:32 PM
New SoCal member, been lurking and eating up all the great info. Decided to build an AR-15. Started getting parts a few weeks ago and the tools too. Once built will need advise on friendly shooting ranges.

Vinz
08-02-2008, 7:59 PM
Hello all.

Im also a long time creature of the lurkness. Finally decided to register.

Im in the San Francisco bay area PRK. I own several guns. Springfield 1911, Springfield M1A, Howa 1500 BA and a Ruger mini 14.
Great info here and im looking to make a ebr purchase soon.

Hopi
08-02-2008, 8:06 PM
Welcome guys and gals!

:party:

f00lish1
08-02-2008, 8:33 PM
:seeya: Hi all. Got my first personal firearm about a month ago, an XD9 SubCompact, and already plotting to get a 1911. Thought I was set with joining a handgun forum and the XDTalk forum, but I've been getting a lot of my "legal" education here. Great stuff.

SteveBooth
08-02-2008, 8:53 PM
I'm a long-time NRA member and gun enthusiast. Back several years ago I had to sell most of my 'stuff' to survive and I'm now back 'in the game'. After being out of state for several years I returned in 2005 and am now getting back into shooting.

I'm planning on purchasing a new 1911 this month, and I thought I'd try to do an assembly on an AR-15 which I've always wanted. Needless to say, the legal field of land mines that has been laid by the idiots in Sacramento has both surprised and angered me.

I'm in the process right now of trying to find an appropriate Lower Assembly, but I'm still in the process of trying to find out what to order -- there are so many options on the net and the rules seem to be changing daily.

I'm hoping for some help and guidance as I probe the bomb-strewn legal wasteland that California has become. Any help and/or advise would be gratefully accepted.

Oh.. and Hi! to my fellow enthusiasts and grateful thanks to all out there that are vet's or active military. We owe the right to bear arms in no small measure to you.

be1498
08-03-2008, 7:44 AM
Hello all, I'm a long-time lurker and new member.

I hope to learn a lot from all of you on this site!

chrisdesoup
08-03-2008, 8:13 AM
hello everybody.....

I overheard some guy at Metcalf talking about this website, great info!!!

red2sniper
08-03-2008, 2:14 PM
Hi, just found your site, seems pretty good so far.
I have lived in Kali. for most of my life (except a stint in the Military). I have been in law enforcement for 25 years, I am an armorer for Glock, H&k, Beretta, and Colt rifles. I am a firearms instructor, Taser instructor, less lethal instructor, Patrol Rifle instructor, NRA member and a full time rangemaster at my department. I was on my departments swat team for 15 years as a sniper (thus the screen name). I have neglected the civilian worlds concerns for gun control as I have been priviledged to have hi cap mags. ar's, mp5's, ect. and was only worried about myself. I hope to be more caring in the future. I am also building a "legal ar" eventhough I just bought a le6920. I hope to learn much here. Thanks for having a site like this.

Doug

Too Swole
08-03-2008, 6:19 PM
Hey everyone, I'm a newbie from Sacramento. It's great to be here and I'm looking forward to learn and share my firearm experiences with you all.

MrSigmaDOT40
08-03-2008, 10:42 PM
New Member here just saying hi, I've been around for a while lurking over the threads but as I'm getting more active i've decided to join some of these fine conversations.

Great site keep, it going strong!

Firearms:
Smith&Wesson Sigam SW40VE (.40)
Stag-15 AR-15 OLL still in the 10 day waiting period.

Dale Bender
08-04-2008, 2:13 AM
Hey all,
Quick note to say hi, i've got lots of reading to catch up on!
As of now:
3 handguns
2 rifles (one is my original air rifle, thanks dad)
1 shotgun
1 sharp stick:D

Dale

JPolito830
08-05-2008, 6:42 AM
Hey everyone, my name is Jason and this is my 1st post. Just wanted to say hey and I look forward to talking with all of you!

sorensen440
08-05-2008, 11:22 AM
welcome to all of you

Norccer
08-06-2008, 8:17 PM
Hi everyone, I am turning 18 soon and attending a university in northern california. I would like to purchase an assault rifle (of course a legal one) sometime this year. My brother is in the USMC and is doing secret stuff, lol. I have fired some rifles before and have skeet shooted and I think that I would enjoy having a rifle for the shooting range. I have a few career choices that I want to choose from and one of them is developing advanced weaponry.

Right now I am a computer science major with business/international relations minor.

I realize that I am young and may not have as much knowledge as everyone else here but I registered to learn! :)

Foghlai
08-07-2008, 5:21 PM
You know what, I don't think I ever posted here. :D I just skipped right to the offtopic and politics sections.

Name's Erik. Nice to meet you all. I am a recent graduate from Cal State Fullerton. I majored Criminal Justice and Psychology.

I am in the process of law school applications. Starting with the LSAT. YAY!
That is in October so I've been studying for a while now.

So my parents are both liberals. I grew up liberal and I would consider myself liberal in many ways.

However there is something much more important to me as an American than party allegiance. I am a fan of the constitution. I am a strong believer in individual rights. While I have some eclectic views on life, I am happy to say that the Supreme Court finally agrees with my understanding of gun ownership.

In my opinion, individual rights should be valued over government authority. Why? Simple answer, all anyone really needs to do is to take a look at history. As great as many of us think our country is, governments don’t tend to last very long. In the grand scheme of things it is better to be prepared, paranoid even, if it means being able to protect yourself, your family, your friends, and your community.

On a lighter note, I like pirates. Piracy is an extreme example of individual freedom. And I like the idea of sailing around without anyone to answer to.

Well, glad to be aboard. Hopefully being here will heal me of my general ignorance on the actual topic of guns. I got the legal aspect down quickly, so now it’s on to the fun stuff.

tommyid1
08-08-2008, 5:06 PM
hey guys.

ive been lurking for a while but kept forgetting to make an introduction.

Im Tom and have been shootign since i was a kid.

I like ar's m1a's and a whole host of other stuff.

youll see me here often.

Mr.Barnes
08-10-2008, 4:24 PM
Hello All, new member here. Been a lurker for a while. I have found Calguns to be very educational with regards to CA gun laws and gun ownership in general. Thanks for making this site what it is.

TWOMP
08-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Just found this site it has alot of good info my name is drew and I like sigs kempers,M1 heavy fire power:43:

tattedgirly
08-13-2008, 8:16 PM
Hi All My name is Michelle and I am new to the gun world. Found this site to learn some more before I actually buy my own. Im 27 almost 28, live in North San Diego County.

inkedshooter
08-14-2008, 8:06 PM
Welcome tattedgirly. Watch out.... firearms are just addicting as tattoos....

jacques
08-14-2008, 9:03 PM
Hello Tatted Girl. Welcome to Calguns.

cannon
08-15-2008, 6:21 PM
Hi All, New to this very intersting forum but a shooter from way back.

KTGD
08-15-2008, 8:28 PM
Hello all, my brother told me about this site. Born and raised SoCal, ended up in Las Vegas. Lots of good info here...

vile1
08-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey,

Name's Tony and I was referred to this site from a friend after having a lot of trouble finding people to get opinions and information on obtaining a pistol/gun.

Random websites can only tell you so much!

I've signed up for my Basic Firearms safety course here in San Diego this Friday.

Hopefully I'll get some good answers here and find me my perfect pistol!

Tony

SG_Niner
08-22-2008, 5:50 PM
Just saying Hello! Nice to see a site for California gun owners!

SactoTodd
08-24-2008, 3:46 PM
Hello, I'm Todd from Sacramento. (Sacto is short for Sacramento)

I've lurked here for a week, and joined yesterday.

Met Calguns member D1911 today to check out his CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical he had listed in the Classifieds. Great hand gun, and even better guy to do business with!

Took the HSC test, got 100%, did the paper work, paid Don for the gun, paid the dealer for the test, DOJ fees, and a lock. 10 days........

-Todd

robotac
08-25-2008, 8:45 PM
Hello to all!

RoarinRow
08-26-2008, 1:24 PM
Hi All,

Just a newbie from Sacramento :)

Foghorn Leghorn
08-26-2008, 3:36 PM
I'm retired and obviously have an interest in firearms. I have several pistols and a few rifles and shotguns and enjoy pictures, information and banter related to various firearms.

Thanks to California, I've become more of a collector than a shooter but hope to help reverse the trend.

Barbarossa
08-26-2008, 9:36 PM
Hello!

New to calguns.net, over from xdtalk.com.

I'm a longtime duck hunter, recently getting into pistols and rifles.

might be oll time for me :D

~Barbarossa

nobodyspecialishere
08-28-2008, 8:30 PM
Hello everyone.
I'm new to the world of firearms. Looking forward to sifting through this site for info and knowledge.

glockguy68
08-29-2008, 5:20 AM
Im new in this forum and want to say hi and keep it going,thanks....:D

Kellann
08-29-2008, 3:09 PM
Thus the pink lower.:D

Welcome did you bring a scooter?

Of course....but mine is red and white!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/190484367_53c5f0c7fa_m.jpg

Judy45
08-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi :)

I have a few friends on your board and have been reading it for awhile now. Every now and then I see topics I wanted to comment on, but held back - I'm a little "thin-skinned" and was afraid I might get jumped on for being a novice. But in watching for awhile, it seems mostly a good place to exchange information... so here goes!

Joey's been real helpful taking me and others shooting for the 1st time several months ago. It was not only fun, but eye opening. Much harder than I thought it would be (aiming, standing, even breathing). Just loading bullets in to the guns and loading magazines was hard - then he made us help CLEAN them - NOT FUN. :(

Have a great weekend everyone!

RyanX
09-01-2008, 4:28 PM
Hello all. Lurked here for a bit to get the feel of the place and I decided it was time to register. I am so glad I found this site. Any ways, I live near Sacramento (Galt). I havent been able to shoot much recently due to school, but I just graduated and I have alot of free time now.. Can't wait to build my first OLL AR:D

venom56
09-01-2008, 6:01 PM
Today is my lucky day! I finally managed to get myself registered after a week of lurking.

Sooo...since I left all my FAs in my home state, I'm looking to pick up my first CA-approved 1911 in a few days. I will have bunch of questions later but just dropping by to say hello. Glad to be here.

DonnaBrazillee
09-02-2008, 8:08 PM
Hello All:

I'm visiting from California and completely new to the AR-15. My husband widowed me years ago and left me this Bushmaster lower receiver which is legally registered with the DOJ. He told me to hang on the paperwork in case I'm ever questioned about it. Glad to meet all of you.

Donna B.

jacques
09-02-2008, 8:18 PM
Hello All:

I'm visiting from California and completely new to the AR-15. My husband widowed me years ago and left me this Bushmaster lower receiver which is legally registered with the DOJ. He told me to hang on the paperwork in case I'm ever questioned about it. Glad to meet all of you.

Donna B.

Hello DonnaBrazillee, there is a lot of info here about the AR platform, laws and 2nd Ammendment issues. Have fun.:D

dlouie87
09-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Hello,

glad i found this site. very good info on here and i'm looking to learn more.

SDI
09-03-2008, 6:34 AM
Thought I would introduce myself. I live in Murrieta, CA. I am a martial arts instructor, NRA Certified Instrutor, and I also am a Utah CCW Instructor.
I have been reading the BBS for awhile, just thought I would say hi.

SDI (self defense instructor)

KJS
09-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Hey y'all! I'm a relatively recent transplant to the Bay Area from the Midwest (born and raised in MI). I've always thought the shooting sports were fascinating, starting from my time in the Boy Scouts (props to the NRA for providing support on that) and I've always supported the 2nd Amendment. Now that I'm out of my parents house (Mom hates firearms) - I'm looking to get into shooting.

I signed up for an NRA Basic Pistol Course over at the Sunnyvale Rod And Gun Club that I'm definitely looking forward to. I hope to glean valuable knowledge from the experienced users on here.

69Mach1
09-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Welcome to all the new members.

marshman
09-08-2008, 3:32 AM
just wanted to say whats sup! to everybody here on calgun.

diirk
09-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi there, I've been lurking for nearly 2 years. I've already made a couple of posts so I figured I'd better introduce myself.

I live in SoCal in the Antelope Valley. I work aerospace and offroad as a hobby. I was active/reserve Marine Corps late 80's, early 90's and did some time during Iraq 1.0. I have a Glock 19, SW 686, & Enfield 303. I'm researching to build an AR-15. Not exactly sure what I want, most likely a carbine built as light as possible in a 6.8.

Thanks for a great site!!!

Cavguy
09-08-2008, 3:39 PM
New to the forum and soon to be California resident, interests include guns and tactical gear and camping.

r08ert209cali
09-09-2008, 11:27 PM
New to the forum and soon to be California resident, interests include guns and tactical gear and camping.

bring some sig p250s

rstrohbehn
09-14-2008, 1:05 PM
Hi everybody,
I just found the site and am impressed with how much information is available.

I have been shooting (handguns and shotguns) for 7 years now and have just started researching my first CA legal AR build. I will be starting in about 10 days when I receive my OLL and decide on which LPK I will use.

Love the site and can't wait to get started.:)

Rob

glock_holiday
09-15-2008, 6:18 PM
Hello everyone. We are a 07 FFL and laser engraving shop in Gilbert, AZ. We are registered with the CA DOJ and offer off list lowers shipped to CA FFL's.

Check out our site and we'll see you around the forum.

GH

http://www.quentin-laser.com

stphnman20
09-15-2008, 6:29 PM
I guess I should post here since I haven't yet.

Hi.

baldoHHO
09-17-2008, 4:34 PM
Yay im in..long time lurker..Grendel fan !:rolleyes:

mala in se
09-18-2008, 8:53 PM
new to calguns. tired of getting weird answers from non cali arf members.

met a guy who did some iron work for my mother's custom gate who referred me. think his handle was blue "88 s-10".

anyway, been shootin' for 3 years. don't think i'm that great, but i'm constantly tryin' to improve. my collection has grown. currently fascinated w/ 10/22 builds. also want to learn more about smithing.

dark45
09-20-2008, 1:01 AM
hey everyone, im new i been coming on here for the last few weeks reading on a few things so i thought i would join as i like what i see (for the most part). i might be young (22) but i was first introduced to firearms at the age of five and when i was able to acutly hold one up and fire it my father and i went to sacramento vally range almost every week. my teen years i kinda fell away from the range as school and other things kept me from it, but now as im buying a house in elk grove and probably will be comeing into my fathers mass colection of fire arms i will definatly be seeing the range allot more. anyone recomend one close to elk grove? sacramento vally range is kind of far of a drive. i know of the gun room but i hear some good and bad about it from some cal gunners and other people i just talk with in weapon shops. never been there myself though been meaning to see this horrid place myself. also anyone know of places who like to buy used amd not used but older fire arms? i am probably coming into a large collection and i can not afforde nor have the space for the mass of safes needed to hold them all. thanks again to all of you. and thanks to who ever is keeping this place going, i think i found a new home here.

dgc357
09-20-2008, 3:54 PM
I have been messing around on this site for a while and all I can say is I love it! I am currently working on an akm and a 6.5 grendel, hope to have them built by the end of the year.:rockon:

gwl
09-20-2008, 10:16 PM
I don't remember if I posted here or not, so here goes nothing!

sorensen440
09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
I have been messing around on this site for a while and all I can say is I love it! I am currently working on an akm and a 6.5 grendel, hope to have them built by the end of the year.:rockon:

welcome out of lurkerville
be sure to post some pictures when you get them built

Robin47
09-22-2008, 7:55 PM
HI All,

I been looking over the site a while and think its great.
I been reading a lot on the "Opencarry.com" site now for 2 months
and have learned a lot I never knew.
This site is very honorable in helping all of us and our rights also.
Lots of good Info here, glad to be a part of it too.

LOL ! Robin47

mooch
09-24-2008, 6:24 PM
Hi,

I'm 33, live in Simi Valley, CA. I read a lot, post very little.

I have:

A wife & 3 kids. Also,

AR-15, Mossberg Breacher, g23, m&p shield 9mm, sig232 .380...

I like the outdoors, and I like to train a lot. If your first question is "Train for what?" My answer is this: "I train for war. What do YOU train for?"