PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Calguns!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

AlabamaBound
12-24-2011, 9:40 AM
Hello All, I have looked around here a bunch and now had to join due to the lawsuit just filed. I have always asked gun shop owners why I need to wait 10 days each time. I was always told it was a way for the state to make money. So thanks and I hope Calguns wins !!!

About me... Moved to Cali with the Navy a bunch of years ago. Raising a family in San Diego now. I used to shoot a bunch as a kid and now am getting back in to the sport. Looking to attend an Appleseed event in March. Thanks to the many people here answering questions.
Michael
Welcome MyklGee

Cal-Tac
12-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Can anyone here tell me how to get a business listed and advertising on Calguns?

Josiah83
12-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Just wanted to say hi to all members & I'm new to Calguns. I don't currently own a weapon (gun), but am looking to purchase my 1st (of several possibly).
I served 8 years in the US Army, with my last 4 under the Special Ops umbrella, and am now back home in CA. :D
So I'm very familiar with several different weapon systems, but I'm slowly learning the CA weapons laws & of all the bans & restrictions.
I'm just looking to really enjoy the weapon I personally buy, without feeling like I had to settle because of our state laws. :(

thanks in advance for any comments, questions or suggestions.

divercal
12-30-2011, 7:11 PM
Hi All,
Been hanging in the shadows - reading and learning. Great site, lots of great information and discussions. I live in northern Cali. - Sonoma County. I presently own 2 Handguns - a 1991A1 Colt and a S&W Model 500 Revolver. I am working towards rounding out my beginning collection with an AR type rifle. Not really looking to put one together from parts but am looking at buying it complete up front - in spite of the kooky California restrictions I am looking at 3 model choices - The Colt M4, the Sig 516 Patrol or 716 Patrol or the FNH Scar 16S or 17S.
So I am new to the Rifle scene but have already gained alot of insight from the members of this forum.
Might as well ask if anybody has a favorite dealer in the Sonoma county area who might stock these models - From what I have learned they are being made as California Compliant with the dumbed down features.
Any insights to these choices are more than welcome.
Thanks for all the posts and discussions.

Tigasulo
12-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Hi all

I hope you're enjoying your Holidays and getting ready for a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration. I just wanted to say HI and say that I'm looking forward to learning and participating in this forum. I just got my first firearm as a gift from my wife - H&K USP 9 and I'm looking into getting a rimfire rifle next (soon) for plinking.

Stay safe and enjoy the celebrations!
:43:

al1460
01-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Hello all,

Found this site from a link on mods to make a 10/22 more user friendly. I've had mine since 1964, still works great. Looking forward to learning more about the 10/22 and other things here. Good shooting to all.

Al

Liberec
01-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Lived in CA years ago then back to Oklahoma. Have been lurking and always find some good info here and decided to go ahead and sign up. Hope you guys do mind a Okie hanging around
Liberec

lazyH
01-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself! been lurking for awhile now, looking forward to posting, but mostly learning from the rest of the forum!

YvettesSherpa
01-04-2012, 6:43 PM
Hello all,
Just thought I would drop a line and introduce myself. I grew up shooting and hunting in south GA, but haven't been hunting in 12 years. I get my new Savage 7mm Rem Mag this saturday. I never thought 10 days could take so long or suck so bad. I have a 20ga pump and a 30-06 at my dads in GA, but needed something out here. Can't wait to get in some deer and hog hunting....

Matt
ROLL TIDE!!

turbo86
01-05-2012, 6:38 PM
just dropping in to say hello!!!

Skeptic
01-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Greetings Calgunners! I am joining especially to learn about local shotgun learning opportunities. Especially skeet, but it seems I have fun every time I make one go bang and then smell the smoke curling out of the breech. Wish I'd never picked one up, but now I'm hooked, so I expect I'll spend most of my time on the Shotgunning side of Calguns. Been very pleased so far to meet a lot of very warm and welcoming people, thanks for that!

kuletchi
01-07-2012, 8:44 PM
Gun lover! Just wanna say "Howdy Folks"

polarbear
01-08-2012, 9:46 AM
Just joined the forum. Ordered a Mossberg 590 A1...my first gun. I blame my boss, a real cowboy and fan of all firearms. I look forward to getting my gun and joining the shooting community.

805shooter
01-09-2012, 7:53 PM
Long time lurker, first time on here ...

I don't know why I didn't join sooner!
:shrug:

dmill
01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
In Morgan Hill always looking for a place to shoot

xfettx
01-10-2012, 7:45 PM
A few friends are on here told me to join. Just purchased my first AR lower. Can't wait to start the build.

Vaporshax
01-11-2012, 1:40 AM
New to the forum and shooting. I first shot a firearm last October. Looking forward to learning from the knowledgeable and responsible shooters on this forum.

WolfSamurai
01-11-2012, 6:57 AM
Welcome to CalGuns.

Anchovy
01-11-2012, 9:42 AM
Hello, another new guy here. What a great site! I've been lurking for a little while and finally decided to join.
I've been shooting a variety of guns for over 30 years now.

Ok time to get off the computer and go put some rounds down range.

Thanks, Jamie

Forja
01-11-2012, 1:21 PM
Hi Calguns!

New to the forum and new to shooting as well. Have shot some rifles and pistol but never owned. Just recently got my HSC and am looking to purchase a semi auto pistol in the near future. Looking at either .40 or .45 caliber for my first gun, however I intend on shooting everything in between to see what suits me best. Have been reading some rave reviews on the SA XD series and am looking forward to firing some rounds through one.

Looking forward to sifting through the forums for any valuable info on the many topics posted...

ncalsurfer
01-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi All,
New to the forum and the SF Peninsula - Redwood City area. I was raised in Norcal and learned to shot my grandpa's .22 when I was 5 and a variety of guns on through my teens. Haven't shot in a loooong time, but now I'm married with kids and need to pass along my heritage. Down the road would like to get into reloading, at least for my shotgun.

Hoping to cover a basic pistol safety class with the wife in a few months, and start the kids in a few years.

Would like to connect with other enthusiasts in the RWC area - especially if you have a shooting spouse.

I work in the tech sector and have experience in web development, ecommerce, and leading programmers. Also grew up in the trades, so I can swing a hammer and sweat copper too!

gixxerfitz
01-12-2012, 2:19 PM
Hello...My name is David and live in Citrus Heights, Ca.

bjl333
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Welcome to Calguns !!!

deutsche_mak
01-16-2012, 8:17 AM
Wanted to drop a line and say hi from the newest member. Looking forward to communicating with all of you.

Just got all of the necessary doc's from Sac County for the CCW. Am taking Wes Lagomarsino's class in Feb. Can't wait!

rd2play
01-16-2012, 9:56 AM
Another new member here. First time buyer, really excited. I haven't even taken possession yet of my first gun and I'm already thinking about the next (next three, to be more precise LOL).

evorider
01-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Hello all new member interested in shotguns

Metal Tiger
01-16-2012, 6:03 PM
Another New Member here. Looking forward to learning a thing or two about our Special State.

LRSD11B
01-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Hello from the latest FNG. Have been directed here so many times in the past from Google while searching for information I figured it was about time I join. I live in the Temecula area and enjoy shooting as a hobby, one carried over from previous career.

My home Armory includes a Springfield - TRP Operator 1911 (New as of Saturday), S&W MP15X, and a Walther .40 P99QA. For a project rifle I am looking to purchase & build-up a Springfield M1A over the next year.

Have a good 1
~BP

bsg
01-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Hello from the latest FNG. Have been directed here so many times in the past from Google while searching for information I figured it was about time I join. I live in the Temecula area and enjoy shooting as a hobby, one carried over from previous career.

My home Armory includes a Springfield - TRP Operator 1911 (New as of Saturday), S&W MP15X, and a Walther .40 P99QA. For a project rifle I am looking to purchase & build-up a Springfield M1A over the next year.

Have a good 1
~BP

congratulations on your SA.

welcome to the forum.

Jcarter
01-18-2012, 12:42 PM
good morning to all. just joined a fw weeks ago. everyone seems to have a ton of information. hopefully one day i can help someone like so many of you do already!

Jcarter
01-18-2012, 12:48 PM
i purchased a stripped lower last month and starting my build. what lower did you go with?

Alpha 1-4
01-18-2012, 7:25 PM
Calguns, Calguns this is Alpha 1-4. Radio check, over.

emsalex
01-19-2012, 5:11 PM
Just a 10/22 addict stopping in to say hello

epic1856
01-20-2012, 1:19 PM
Long Time lurker, finally decided to sign up.

mixer152
01-20-2012, 7:43 PM
good evening, mixer is the name...im the FNG just signing on, was referred to this site by a local gunsmith. Hope i find all the info im searching for, seems to be a kick but site....Hope u all are doing great, and looking forward to getting to know some of u.

SHOT TIME

pv107
01-21-2012, 2:13 AM
Hi all from Southern Cali (Los Alamitos/Orange County). I've been lurking here for a short time. I thought it's about time to say hi. Hi.

guper
01-21-2012, 4:09 PM
I'm new and from the Fresno area.

Seabass_Seeker
01-21-2012, 10:52 PM
From Santa Barbara. Been lurking for a couple days now and wow I already know this is my kinda place. Hunted with my dad since I was a kid but he was more practical while I look forward to expanding the armory. Looking forward to this.

Emdawg
01-22-2012, 12:01 AM
I guess I forgot to come here.:rolleyes:

I am Emdawg and I am from Santa Maria. I collect antiques.

rtcell
01-22-2012, 3:34 PM
Hi folks - I am moving to CA from WA and going though my safe generally thinning the crowd and occasionally selling "evil" toys like Beretta CX4 Storm (I hate this process!) , as well as studying CA firearms laws... they are weird.

I am so happy to have found calguns.net ! Awesome site and seems like a great collection of good people.

MRbaker
01-22-2012, 5:23 PM
Greetings! Long time reader, first time poster here from Orange County. I'm some what new to shooting and collecting and I truly appreciate a site with as much info as CG.net has.

rrengineer
01-23-2012, 3:43 PM
I'm not new to the list, but I have never posted before. The 5th of February I will be coming off a 10 year no guns ban by Kalifornia. I intend to build my collection back up again, so I will be using the "For Sale" part of the forum, a lot. BTW - What does it mean when you "bump" in the for sale area?
Mike

mbaran
01-24-2012, 1:52 PM
New to the site, first post !

scc218
01-24-2012, 10:11 PM
long time lurker/reader, first post....

thinking about CRufflin...

oneyedeer
01-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi O! New to this forum stop collecting snowboards and now starting a new hobbie thats a lil more useful :)

salt1219
01-25-2012, 11:52 AM
hello everyone, my names will but you can call me salt.
I'm not from California (Washington state) but your sight seemed like a cool gun community.
I'm a aircraft mechanic for Boeing, and i used to be a custom home builder, so i love to build things. I also love to draw, paint, and sculpt.
Recently my cousin got me interested in customizing my guns, right now I'm working on customizing my Mosin Nagant.

GUNS I OWN:
Mosin Nagant M91/30 - sporterized or rather in the process of being sporterized
FNH 57 - w/ green laser and silencer
Serbu Super Shorty/ Moss 500
Saiga 12 - converted
Henry lever action 22
LWRC REPR .308!!!
Crappy 22 rifle - gave it to a friend, i hated that gun. It was a marlin

Silverwulf
01-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone! I'm another new guy here. I was directed to this great site by my local gun shop. I have always wanted to own a firearm and finally decided to commit to buying one. Was doing som research and trying to educate myself before I buy. That's what led me to the shop and ultimately here.
Thanks, and I apologize in advance if I end up asking som obvious questions :)
Chris

Silverwulf
01-25-2012, 3:43 PM
I'm not new to the list, but I have never posted before. The 5th of February I will be coming off a 10 year no guns ban by Kalifornia. I intend to build my collection back up again, so I will be using the "For Sale" part of the forum, a lot. BTW - What does it mean when you "bump" in the for sale area?
Mike

When a post starts to get old it moves down the list as new posts are added. By proofing to the post it " bumps" it to the top of the list making it relevant again. Sometimes the person has nothing to say, but just wants to move it up so they type "bump".
HTH

DesertRat7
01-25-2012, 6:27 PM
New CalGun'er, glad to be here

FastTimmy
01-25-2012, 8:16 PM
Hi, all.
Been shooting off and on since I could a gun. Getting back to shooting more lately, a current member doing a FTF at turners in corona told me about cal guns.

I look forward to sharing...

Tim

SWalt
01-26-2012, 7:56 PM
Been reading this site for awhile and decided to join and throw my 2 cents in on occasion. I was born and raised in CA and it certainly isn't the state it once was. I do think Calguns has the right approach in trying to stem the loss of our rights and moving the ball forward in our favor, hence the reason for joining. Hopefully we all can make a positive contribution.

Cheers!

Jason870
01-27-2012, 1:38 PM
Hey everyone! My name is Jason and I'm new to CalGuns, and bought my first firearm about a year ago, a Remington 870 that i've set up for home defense. I bought my second gun a few weeks ago, a Daniel Defense M4V5 from riflegear.com. I haven't even gotten the chance to take it out yet! Hoping to soon. Looking forward to growing my hobby through knowledge gained by perusing and contributing to the forums!

cprieto
01-27-2012, 1:39 PM
Welcome on board!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hellsbain
01-27-2012, 4:51 PM
Hello there. I have been using this forum as a source for my research into many items I looked at getting in the past. Keep up the good work. I grew up shooting with my father and uncle. Both military men.

I however do not get the pleasure of discharging rounds responsibly anymore. Well not in a few years. I hope to rememdy this soon.

Thank you again for having this resource for people like myself.

dvlsadvc8
01-28-2012, 2:45 PM
Hello All. Not exactly new to CalGuns. I've been doing a lot research on CA gun laws, and this site keeps coming up. Looking to gain as much knowledge as I can through the many experts and "been there, done that" folks. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Nitroshortbus
01-28-2012, 3:14 PM
Like what i've seen of ur site, got a big question I need some help with.

WHERE IS IT LEGAL TO SHOOT IN VC? Its been said, VC"VENTURA COUNTY" COME ON VACATION, LEAVE ON PROBATION, COME BACK FOR VIOLATION. With that in mind just lookin to blow off some rounds every now and again, but from what i've read there doesnt seem to be anywhere,

pbking51
01-30-2012, 8:18 PM
I dont know if this is an obvious answer or not, but can I be part of this forum even though I am not from CA? can I buy/sell/trade guns if I am not from CA?

Aaron707
01-30-2012, 10:36 PM
I just joined Calguns! I've been roaming the forums for quite a while and decided it was time to join this awesome place. I have been enjoying collecting C&R guns for a while thanks to this site and now am looking forward to building an ak-74 rifle as well.

jaylinzee
01-31-2012, 8:16 AM
Hi from the High Desert. I live in the Antelope Valley and like to shoot in Rosamond (gotta love Kern County). I have some toys and want more. I'm prior 11B from the Five-O-Deuce. Now I'm a nasty girl. Hope to do some shootin' with some of ya soon!

k1boiler
01-31-2012, 4:10 PM
Just set up my account on here, bought my first revolver 627 Taurus Tracker and this weekend me and my wife will be going to the range to break this puppy in. I'm looking forward to purchasing some more guns so I can get my collection going and I also am looking for one for my wife. So I hope I can find some good deals on here.

surfer_man_38
01-31-2012, 7:42 PM
Hi all, I am new here and just want to say hello to everyone before I got started.

Cal-stricted
02-02-2012, 1:35 PM
Hello everyone! Excellent forum to get involved in the fight to protect our rights to own and display wall art. :):):tt2:

GOBLUE4800
02-02-2012, 2:20 PM
Greetings all. Been reading this site for the year or so I have lived here and decided it was time to join the fray.

Moved out here for a job from the great state of Michigan. Been shooting and hunting for about 15 years now, shot my first Winchester .22 when I was 9 years old and have never looked back. Looking forward to being part of the group!

Ubermcoupe
02-02-2012, 2:29 PM
Hello there. I have been using this forum as a source for my research into many items I looked at getting in the past. Keep up the good work. I grew up shooting with my father and uncle. Both military men.

I however do not get the pleasure of discharging rounds responsibly anymore. Well not in a few years. I hope to rememdy this soon.

Thank you again for having this resource for people like myself.
That’s perfectly okay. Some us here are here for more than just shooting, like the community and to take a stand in CA for our civil rights (yours included). Welcome to CGN!

Hello All. Not exactly new to CalGuns. I've been doing a lot research on CA gun laws, and this site keeps coming up. Looking to gain as much knowledge as I can through the many experts and "been there, done that" folks. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Welcome to CGN advocate! :)

Like what i've seen of ur site, got a big question I need some help with.

WHERE IS IT LEGAL TO SHOOT IN VC? Its been said, VC"VENTURA COUNTY" COME ON VACATION, LEAVE ON PROBATION, COME BACK FOR VIOLATION. With that in mind just lookin to blow off some rounds every now and again, but from what i've read there doesnt seem to be anywhere,

Welcome to CGN! You may want to check out the Shoots, Meets, and Range Stories (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=115) section. :D

I dont know if this is an obvious answer or not, but can I be part of this forum even though I am not from CA? can I buy/sell/trade guns if I am not from CA?

Of course you can! One of the great things of this site is we encourage the knowledge and learning of the gun laws in CA, and having more folks out of state understand CA laws always helps the cause. Welcome to CGN. :D

I just joined Calguns! I've been roaming the forums for quite a while and decided it was time to join this awesome place. I have been enjoying collecting C&R guns for a while thanks to this site and now am looking forward to building an ak-74 rifle as well.

Awesome Aaron! Welcome to CGN. Be sure to check out the Curio/Relics section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=84).

Hi from the High Desert. I live in the Antelope Valley and like to shoot in Rosamond (gotta love Kern County). I have some toys and want more. I'm prior 11B from the Five-O-Deuce. Now I'm a nasty girl. Hope to do some shootin' with some of ya soon!

Jaylinzee, Welcome to CGN! :D

Just set up my account on here, bought my first revolver 627 Taurus Tracker and this weekend me and my wife will be going to the range to break this puppy in. I'm looking forward to purchasing some more guns so I can get my collection going and I also am looking for one for my wife. So I hope I can find some good deals on here.

Welcome boiler! It’s cool that you get to shoot with your wife, I wish my came with me more often. Be sure to check out the market place (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=91) for deals. More often than not there is one (or many) but you have to be quick.

Hi all, I am new here and just want to say hello to everyone before I got started.

Welcome Surfer man! Glad to have you on CGN.

Hello everyone! Excellent forum to get involved in the fight to protect our rights to own and display wall art.

Welcome Cal! Be sure to check out the 2A section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71) to keep up on ways to fight the good fight.

Ubermcoupe
02-02-2012, 2:30 PM
Greetings all. Been reading this site for the year or so I have lived here and decided it was time to join the fray.

Moved out here for a job from the great state of Michigan. Been shooting and hunting for about 15 years now, shot my first Winchester .22 when I was 9 years old and have never looked back. Looking forward to being part of the group!

Welcome 4800, glad to have you aboard.

Be sure to check out the centerfire rifles section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)! :D

Ubermcoupe
02-02-2012, 2:31 PM
Hey everyone! My name is Jason and I'm new to CalGuns, and bought my first firearm about a year ago, a Remington 870 that i've set up for home defense. I bought my second gun a few weeks ago, a Daniel Defense M4V5 from riflegear.com. I haven't even gotten the chance to take it out yet! Hoping to soon. Looking forward to growing my hobby through knowledge gained by perusing and contributing to the forums!

Welcome Jason!

Riflegear is a great place and I myself am a Remington guy. :D

ch139
02-02-2012, 4:12 PM
Hi all,

New to your forum. Was born in the Bay Area, but the parental units moved us all up north when I just a wee one. Still just up the road from y'all in Orygun (where subguns are water-cooled). Interests are mostly current or recent martial small arms; seem to get a kick outta shotguns (punn intended) and am trying to learn more about their employment - kinda seems like a lost art.

Ubermcoupe
02-02-2012, 5:15 PM
Ch139,

Welcome to CGN! I always have a special place for all Bay Area calgunners, current or not. Always good to have an out of state member also! :D

6789olds
02-02-2012, 6:04 PM
greetings i am new to calguns and i just made my first two gun purchase a mossberg 500 combo and a xd40 full size.I got tired of shooting my friends guns and decided to get my own stuff and i am loving it so far kind of like a tatoo once u get one u cant stop. lol

Ubermcoupe
02-02-2012, 6:38 PM
greetings i am new to calguns and i just made my first two gun purchase a mossberg 500 combo and a xd40 full size.I got tired of shooting my friends guns and decided to get my own stuff and i am loving it so far kind of like a tatoo once u get one u cant stop. lol

Right on! Welcome to CGN olds. Always glad to have another Calgunner. :D

Tant01
02-02-2012, 6:41 PM
Warm greetings from the mouth of the Mad River! I'm Ray. Looking forward to picking the brains here. Been researching various AR-10 platforms recently and it's blowing my mind (and budget). Hope to own a big black gun soon. :44:

Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning more and making new friends.

SWalt
02-02-2012, 8:10 PM
I joined this site because after reading about how Calguns is fighting for our 2A rights in a manner other than just lobbying and pandering to legislators. They are getting the job done in the courts by picking their fights wisely and I believe it is the right approach. But I've been reading all over this site but yet to come to a good answer to "Who is a Calgun member". Obviously the Board of Directors, Regional Directors, etc are members. But Junior member? How does one get the title of "senior member"? Based on how much time you have been in the forum? Volunteerism? From reading the donate page it seems you get to add "contributor" to your posts, but does that make you a member?? Are there dues to be a full fledged member or is a member of Calguns just someone who signed up for this forum? If its just who ever signs up to be on the forum is a member, I suppose any member of the Brady Campaign or any anti gun group can sign up and say they are a member. Just very curious.

Ubermcoupe
02-03-2012, 9:48 AM
Warm greetings from the mouth of the Mad River! I'm Ray. Looking forward to picking the brains here. Been researching various AR-10 platforms recently and it's blowing my mind (and budget). Hope to own a big black gun soon. :44:

Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning more and making new friends.

Ray,

Welcome to CGN! looks like you picked up the BRD (Black Rifle Disease) also.
The only cure is $$$ and a trip to the centerfire rifle section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67). Glad to have you aboard. :D

I joined this site because after reading about how Calguns is fighting for our 2A rights in a manner other than just lobbying and pandering to legislators. They are getting the job done in the courts by picking their fights wisely and I believe it is the right approach. But I've been reading all over this site but yet to come to a good answer to "Who is a Calgun member". Obviously the Board of Directors, Regional Directors, etc are members. But Junior member? How does one get the title of "senior member"? Based on how much time you have been in the forum? Volunteerism? From reading the donate page it seems you get to add "contributor" to your posts, but does that make you a member?? Are there dues to be a full fledged member or is a member of Calguns just someone who signed up for this forum? If its just who ever signs up to be on the forum is a member, I suppose any member of the Brady Campaign or any anti gun group can sign up and say they are a member. Just very curious.

SWalt,

Welcome! You're very sagacious.

The different members you see under each handle are base on # of posts, pure and simple.
Juniors are 0-99
Member is 100-499
senior member is 500-2499
veteran member 2500 -4999
calguns addict 5000-9999
i need a life is 10000+
Be warned as number of posts doesn't always equate to quality of posts.

Contributors are those that have decided to contribute ($) to Calguns (CGN) and receive "contributor privileges" (you can find out more about that here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/payments.php))

It is true, everyone can sign up to be a member, brady or otherwise.

However, many of the legal actions taken to overturn frivolous, archaic, and capricious laws are taken up by the Calguns Foundation (CGF) which is operated separately.

Hope that helps. :D

SWalt
02-03-2012, 9:57 AM
SWalt,

Welcome! You're very sagacious.

The different members you see under each handle are base on # of posts, pure and simple.
Juniors are 0-99
Member is 100-499
senior member is 500-2499
veteran member 2500 -4999
calguns addict 5000-9999
i need a life is 10000+
Be warned as number of posts doesn't always equate to quality of posts.

Contributors are those that have decided to contribute ($) to Calguns (CGN) and receive "contributor privileges" (you can find out more about that here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/payments.php))

It is true, everyone can sign up to be a member, brady or otherwise.

However, many of the legal actions taken to overturn frivolous, archaic, and capricious laws are taken up by the Calguns Foundation (CGF) which is operated separately.

Hope that helps. :D

It does and thanks!

jdberger
02-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Just to add to Ubermcoupe's post...

Calguns.net (CGN) doesn't have a Board of Directors. It's a private forum owned by Head Janitor, Kestryll. Further, it's not to be confused with The Calguns Foundation (CGF) (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/) which is a 501(c)3 non-profit. CGN does have a Board of Directors.

Finally, members of the Brady Campaign and other anti-civil rights groups are welcome to join us and discuss issues. Polite conversation between opposing positions is always encouraged.

Welcome to Calguns.

rb765
02-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Greetings from Central Cali. Thanks for allowing me to be part of this great site.

Ubermcoupe
02-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Greetings from Central Cali. Thanks for allowing me to be part of this great site.

Welcome to calguns RB! :D

T Mayer
02-04-2012, 7:34 PM
Hello all. My name is Tony Mayer and I am from Reno NV. Glad to be a part of this site. I have been shooting and training in firearms for the last 14 years. Hope to learn something and contribute. Thanks

drifter001
02-04-2012, 7:37 PM
welcome all! ive been around here for some time but my name is chris and i have a problem....a BIIIIIIIIIG problem haha

Ubermcoupe
02-04-2012, 7:55 PM
Hello all. My name is Tony Mayer and I am from Reno NV. Glad to be a part of this site. I have been shooting and training in firearms for the last 14 years. Hope to learn something and contribute. Thanks

Welcome Tony! Always glad to have another Out Of State member here on CGN. :D

welcome all! ive been around here for some time but my name is chris and i have a problem....a BIIIIIIIIIG problem haha

Welcome Chris! :D

drifter001
02-04-2012, 8:03 PM
Welcome Tony! Always glad to have another Out Of State member here on CGN. :D

Welcome Chris! :D

hahaha for some reason i feel like im an an AA meeting haha

Ubermcoupe
02-05-2012, 7:15 AM
hahaha for some reason i feel like im an an AA meeting haha

SHHHHhhhhhHH... :p

I’m here to curb my “gun” addiction. :thumbsup:

drifter001
02-05-2012, 7:30 AM
SHHHHhhhhhHH... :p

I’m here to curb my “gun” addiction. :thumbsup:

:44:

hahaha!!! yes thats right! were here to curb our "gun" addictions. words very well put :D

Ubermcoupe
02-05-2012, 7:52 AM
EDIT:

snipped for secret squirrel status (aren’t you jealous)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gVdQCXri324/TWv5WN2cOyI/AAAAAAAAmUQ/f9cJU_3IEhg/s320/Secret_Squirrel.jpg

drifter001
02-05-2012, 7:55 AM
There’s quite a few members on the boards and you’ll see/hear/read/pick up on some lingo that will tip you off (if you’re familiar of course). Then there are a few members who out themselves and there have also been some threads on it or related issues in the OT section.

:D

oh reaaaaaaaalllyyyyyyyyyyy now!? that is very interesting sir. thank you SOOOOOOOO much for the tips and info. i am very thrilled to be here and cant wait to learn all that i could from you guys and help each other out in this newfound addiction :D

globalarms1
02-06-2012, 3:18 PM
i am also a new member :-)

Ubermcoupe
02-06-2012, 8:06 PM
i am also a new member :-)

Globalarms1,

Welcome to CGN! Always glad to have another member. :)

PermanentMarker
02-09-2012, 5:34 PM
Hello to all my name is Abram im really happy to be a member of Calguns. A few of the members led me here and ive never turned back. I love all things firearms and more importantly the United States of America. I hope the best for yall - Abe

Ubermcoupe
02-09-2012, 8:39 PM
Hello to all my name is Abram im really happy to be a member of Calguns. A few of the members led me here and ive never turned back. I love all things firearms and more importantly the United States of America. I hope the best for yall - Abe

Abram,

Welcome to CGN! Glad you took those fellow members up on their offer to join up. Hope you stick around. :D

sunraecer
02-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Hello all just want to say thank you to whoever left the stainless steel p226 flyer on the counter in san marcos Turners friday night we were picking up my wifes new SP2022 and I have been looking for a new HG wanted a ..40 sw fell in love with it in stainless 9mm though saw the sale price in the add when I went to start the paperwork there was the Calguns special price 200 off so here I am thank you Calguns thanks again

CAGLS
02-11-2012, 2:53 PM
Hello everyone. I just ordered my first handgun by recommendation of BiggSean I got a CZ 75 P01 coming. I also ordered a LockSafe Biometric Pistol Safe to safeguard against my 4 yr old son. I want to also get one AR15 and a Siaga 12. I got 2 brother in laws in AZ so I'm jealous of them, lol.

Yimmyen
02-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi everyone! Amazing site and loads of information too.

My 1st post, I never had to post a question regarding firearms, since all the questions always seem to be answered on this forum, great work guys, keep it up. See you guys around :)

Ubermcoupe
02-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Hello all just want to say thank you to whoever left the stainless steel p226 flyer on the counter in san marcos Turners friday night we were picking up my wifes new SP2022 and I have been looking for a new HG wanted a ..40 sw fell in love with it in stainless 9mm though saw the sale price in the add when I went to start the paperwork there was the Calguns special price 200 off so here I am thank you Calguns thanks again

Sunraecer,

Welcome to Calguns and Glad you joined up!
BTW: Congrats on the pistol ;)

Ubermcoupe
02-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Hello everyone. I just ordered my first handgun by recommendation of BiggSean I got a CZ 75 P01 coming. I also ordered a LockSafe Biometric Pistol Safe to safeguard against my 4 yr old son. I want to also get one AR15 and a Siaga 12. I got 2 brother in laws in AZ so I'm jealous of them, lol.

CAGLS,

Welcome to CGN! Congrats on the purchase(s) and glad you're taking the right steps to protect your family and the proper safe guards to insure against negligence.
Although, you might will need a bigger safe for that growing collection. :thumbsup:

Ubermcoupe
02-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone! Amazing site and loads of information too.

My 1st post, I never had to post a question regarding firearms, since all the questions always seem to be answered on this forum, great work guys, keep it up. See you guys around :)

Yimmyen,

Welcome to Calguns and i'm glad you're able to find the answers to your questions. :D

jj805
02-14-2012, 8:45 PM
Hi everybody. I'm new here. I have already learned alot in the short time I have been a member. I just want to thank everybody here. It is not always easy to find a group of people who are so willing to help out. Again, thanks.

Ubermcoupe
02-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi everybody. I'm new here. I have already learned alot in the short time I have been a member. I just want to thank everybody here. It is not always easy to find a group of people who are so willing to help out. Again, thanks.

JJ,

Welcome to Calguns! Hope you stick around. :)

CAGLS
02-15-2012, 1:43 PM
CAGLS,

Welcome to CGN! Congrats on the purchase(s) and glad you're taking the right steps to protect your family and the proper safe guards to insure against negligence.
Although, you might will need a bigger safe for that growing collection. :thumbsup:

Thanks Ubermcoupe, and yes I already did, also ordered SentrySafe G1459E 14-Gun Electronic Lock Safe from Amazon, and a CA Saiga 12 incase they decide to ban, I'm GF in.:)

Ubermcoupe
02-15-2012, 4:12 PM
Thanks Ubermcoupe, and yes I already did, also ordered SentrySafe G1459E 14-Gun Electronic Lock Safe from Amazon, and a CA Saiga 12 incase they decide to ban, I'm GF in.:)

Touche’ on the correction :thumbsup:

lisaadri
02-18-2012, 2:37 AM
Hi everyone,

It is a nice feeling to join this forum after being a lurker for so long. My name is Lisa. I hope to gather knowledge as well as friends from here! :D

T (http://implrs.com)h (http://financeplr.com)i (http://datingplr.com)s (http://seasonalplr.com) i (http://arindamchakraborty.com)s (http://datingproductreviews.com) a (http://valentineproductreviews.com)n (http://fatgoneproductreviews.com) e (http://movingreel.com)x (http://fitproductreviews.com)c (http://hostinganddomainreviews.com)e (http://imstuffreviews.com)l (http://seasonalstuffreviews.com)l (http://softwareandscriptreviews.com)e (http://techgoreviews.com)n (http://onestepreviews.com/)t (http://www.mosttalkednews.com/) s (http://halloweenproductreviews.com/)i (http://xmasproductreviews.com/)t (http://fatlossplr.com/)e (http://nuttiecontent.com/make-money) I (http://nuttiepartners.com/join.html) love (http://nuttiegraphics.com/conduite-template1/) i (http://detnoxregistrycleaner.com)t (http://totalinfotips.com)

Agent 0range
02-18-2012, 9:00 AM
Hi all,

Long time shooter/lurker, new member here. Just wanted to say "thanks" for all the info. Months of researching this site helped me to build my first AR-15 the way I wanted it (CA legal of course) instead of settling for a complete rifle that was just "close" to what I really wanted.

Ubermcoupe
02-18-2012, 9:34 AM
Hi everyone,

It is a nice feeling to join this forum after being a lurker for so long. My name is Lisa. I hope to gather knowledge as well as friends from here! :D

Lisa,

Welcome to Calguns! Be sure to check out the ladies section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=153) and I hope you stick around. :D

Ubermcoupe
02-18-2012, 9:35 AM
Hi all,

Long time shooter/lurker, new member here. Just wanted to say "thanks" for all the info. Months of researching this site helped me to build my first AR-15 the way I wanted it (CA legal of course) instead of settling for a complete rifle that was just "close" to what I really wanted.

A0,

Welcome to Calguns! Glad you finally joined up and hope you stick around. :)

ernie pezz
02-18-2012, 7:03 PM
Just found this great site and wanted to introduce myself.... I'm looking into an AR, and will most likely have a bunch of questions in regards to the model I am looking at, and the legality of it in Calif. I have read a bunch of the legal stuff on AR's that are deemed legal for Calif, but the terminology seems way to vague to be absolutely sure one is in compliance with the law. Again, looks like a great site!!

drifter001
02-18-2012, 7:47 PM
Just found this great site and wanted to introduce myself.... I'm looking into an AR, and will most likely have a bunch of questions in regards to the model I am looking at, and the legality of it in Calif. I have read a bunch of the legal stuff on AR's that are deemed legal for Calif, but the terminology seems way to vague to be absolutely sure one is in compliance with the law. Again, looks like a great site!!

welcome! you may want to check out the marketplace. there are some great deals on complete ar's on there

drifter001
02-18-2012, 7:48 PM
Hi all,

welcome and congrats on the new build

drifter001
02-18-2012, 7:50 PM
Hi everyone,

welcome and enjoy the forum

ArcherDog
02-18-2012, 8:40 PM
Hello All

I've been lurking for a while, mainly watching the San Joaquin CCW thread. Recently became the owner of my first gun, an FNP-9. Currently halfway through my waiting period on a Ruger 10/22 that I'm going to use to introduce my two sons (11 & 14) to shooting. This will be a big departure since, even though my dad kept guns around the house, including three on a gun rack by our front door, touching, asking or inquiring about them was expressly forbidden. Actually shooting them was not even a topic of consideration. As such, I grew up with thinking guns were some kind of WMDs that were to be avoided. Only recently did some friends talk me into it and finally, at age 38, I joined the masses in expressing my 2nd amendment rights. Now the question is, do I want to eat dinner or add to my growing collection!

Ian Lindsay
Tracy, CA

Ubermcoupe
02-19-2012, 12:14 AM

Ernie,

Welcome to Calguns! Be sure to check out the Centerfire rifles section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67). I’m sure it will help with your AR questions.

Ubermcoupe
02-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Hello All

I've been lurking for a while, mainly watching the San Joaquin CCW thread. Recently became the owner of my first gun, an FNP-9. Currently halfway through my waiting period on a Ruger 10/22 that I'm going to use to introduce my two sons (11 & 14) to shooting. This will be a big departure since, even though my dad kept guns around the house, including three on a gun rack by our front door, touching, asking or inquiring about them was expressly forbidden. Actually shooting them was not even a topic of consideration. As such, I grew up with thinking guns were some kind of WMDs that were to be avoided. Only recently did some friends talk me into it and finally, at age 38, I joined the masses in expressing my 2nd amendment rights. Now the question is, do I want to eat dinner or add to my growing collection!

Ian Lindsay
Tracy, CA

Ian,

Welcome to Calguns! Good for you for getting your sons involved. I still remember the first time my old man opened my eyes to the shooting world.
Thanks for checking in and I hope you stick around. :)

furiousyellow
02-19-2012, 2:40 PM
Hello! New handgun owner from West L.A. What a great site.

Ubermcoupe
02-19-2012, 2:57 PM
Hello! New handgun owner from West L.A. What a great site.

FY,

Welcome to Calguns! Be sure you check out the Handgun section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=66) and hope you stick around. :)

Kenny832
02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
yeah buddy, finally decided to join... Hi I'm ken and I'm a gunaholic...hahah...

Wolfrandal
02-20-2012, 3:56 PM
Hello all! Im a noob to your site and a neighbor to your state. I hope to be getting into some of your discussions and learning a few new things. Hope you don't mind a Nevadan stopping by from time to time.

Thanks,

Randal

brendanx
02-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Hello everybody. I'm new on here; looks like a great site.

bx

TrustNo1
02-21-2012, 3:25 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and from the Stockton/Lodi, CA area. I have been visiting this forum for a while but now I am finally making my first post. Thanks for the great site! Very helpful!

Ubermcoupe
02-21-2012, 7:49 PM
yeah buddy, finally decided to join... Hi I'm ken and I'm a gunaholic...hahah...

Ken,

Welcome to Calguns! You’ve made it to the right place for some “help” :thumbsup:

Ubermcoupe
02-21-2012, 7:50 PM
Hello all! Im a noob to your site and a neighbor to your state. I hope to be getting into some of your discussions and learning a few new things. Hope you don't mind a Nevadan stopping by from time to time.

Thanks,

Randal

Randal,

Welcome to Calguns! Always glad to have another out of state calgunner. :)

Ubermcoupe
02-21-2012, 7:50 PM
Hello everybody. I'm new on here; looks like a great site.

bx

BX,

Welcome aboard! Glad you joined up. :)

Ubermcoupe
02-21-2012, 7:51 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and from the Stockton/Lodi, CA area. I have been visiting this forum for a while but now I am finally making my first post. Thanks for the great site! Very helpful!

TN1,

Welcome to Calguns!. :)

chiliman21
02-22-2012, 5:07 PM
my dad turned me on this form. love it. tons of info and look like good deals on guns also. looking to expand my gun collection. took my kids shooting for the first time they are 5 1/2 and 3 1/2. they loved it. they shot a pump .177 pellet pistol. my daughter 5 1/2 did fire two round out of a ruger 22 pistol.

SB30
02-22-2012, 7:57 PM
Hey all,

Stumbled onto this sight while looking for a California legal AR. Any suggestions? By the way, great site and looking forward to being here!

Ubermcoupe
02-23-2012, 9:22 AM
my dad turned me on this form. love it. tons of info and look like good deals on guns also. looking to expand my gun collection. took my kids shooting for the first time they are 5 1/2 and 3 1/2. they loved it. they shot a pump .177 pellet pistol. my daughter 5 1/2 did fire two round out of a ruger 22 pistol.

Chillman,

Welcome to calguns! Good for you for getting your kids involved young. Hope you stick around. :)

Ubermcoupe
02-23-2012, 9:24 AM
Hey all,

Stumbled onto this sight while looking for a California legal AR. Any suggestions? By the way, great site and looking forward to being here!

SB30,

Welcome to Calguns!

You’ll definitely want to check out the centerfire rifles (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67) section and the flow chart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf) to help on your AR adventure. Glad to have you aboard. :)

SB30
02-23-2012, 5:47 PM
SB30,

Welcome to Calguns!

You’ll definitely want to check out the centerfire rifles (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67) section and the flow chart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf) to help on your AR adventure. Glad to have you aboard. :)

Thanks!

trdkamuri51o
02-23-2012, 6:07 PM
hey everyone a FNG here from the east bay near oakland.. just joined up a few weeks ago since im finally getting back into my 2nd amendment rights habit... had a few guns while i was a kid from my uncle.....

im fairly new to this forum and the abbreviations i keep seeing are popping up constantly..

I am wondering what the heck *SPF* means... and a few other main abbreviations to help me on my way.. thanks guys!!!

Blingin
02-27-2012, 4:15 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site but have been shooting guns since I was a kid. I'm starting as AR build soon and I am sure this site will help with that as well as meeting some new friends.

Stephen

Ubermcoupe
02-27-2012, 12:45 PM
hey everyone a FNG here from the east bay near oakland.. just joined up a few weeks ago since im finally getting back into my 2nd amendment rights habit... had a few guns while i was a kid from my uncle.....

im fairly new to this forum and the abbreviations i keep seeing are popping up constantly..

I am wondering what the heck *SPF* means... and a few other main abbreviations to help me on my way.. thanks guys!!!

TK510,

Welcome to Calguns and glad you joined up! SPF means “Sold Pending Funds.”
You can find other abbreviations/acronyms in this thread here (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606).

Ubermcoupe
02-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site but have been shooting guns since I was a kid. I'm starting as AR build soon and I am sure this site will help with that as well as meeting some new friends.

Stephen

Stephen,

Welcome to Calguns! Be sure to check out the Centerfire Rifles section (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf”]AW flow chart[/URL] and the [URL="http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67) for your future build. :D

freedomnut
02-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi All,

I just recently found out about this site, and have had delusions of building my own .556 for years now, but being the El Cheapo that I am, I don't want to waste a cent. Many of the people I know that have AR's have acknowledged spending far more than necessary. I only know one true member of the "gun culture" to ask all my questions of, but he's usually traveling for work and unavailable, and I need somebody to confirm (or deny) claims made by the shop I go to for answers. I spent the first 20 years of my adult life buying El Cheapo guns and I need to bury that approach with a quality .556. I'm looking forward to using this site, and the occasional question, to help me do just that. I would like to build three quality, battle-ready .556's over the next ten years.

-Eric

Ubermcoupe
02-28-2012, 9:04 PM
Hi All,

I just recently found out about this site, and have had delusions of building my own .556 for years now, but being the El Cheapo that I am, I don't want to waste a cent. Many of the people I know that have AR's have acknowledged spending far more than necessary. I only know one true member of the "gun culture" to ask all my questions of, but he's usually traveling for work and unavailable, and I need somebody to confirm (or deny) claims made by the shop I go to for answers. I spent the first 20 years of my adult life buying El Cheapo guns and I need to bury that approach with a quality .556. I'm looking forward to using this site, and the occasional question, to help me do just that. I would like to build three quality, battle-ready .556's over the next ten years.

-Eric

Eric,

Welcome to Calguns!

I would suggest looking into the Centerfire rifle section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67) to get an idea as to the specs you might be interested or to solve any outstanding questions you may have.

Then I would hit the marketplace and look for a deal. With the numbers or ARs and parts out there you should be able to pick up a barely used AR + gear for a steal/deal. That’t how I picked up my complete Stag Arms AR.

Best of luck in the search and don’t be shy about searching/asking questions when you buddy isn’t around. :)

Myarms
02-28-2012, 9:46 PM
Just signed up, haven't searched the site much yet, but have heard good things. Just got a CCW and looking to sell a PPK/S. Also looking to pick up a CW45 to replace the Walther. Any suggestions on pricing on either one is welcome. Also any tips selling and buying would be great! Thanks so much glad to be here:chris:

v1000rr
02-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Hello folks!!! Been lurking the site for a while, built my first AR using info from the forum, very informative. Good day!!!

lethalb18c1
02-29-2012, 3:51 AM
Hey everyone! Been looking through this site for a few months and just barely signed up!

Anunnaki
02-29-2012, 3:53 AM
Long time member of an infamous AR forum, but I figured its time to hang out with the CA locals ;)

Ubermcoupe
02-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Just signed up, haven't searched the site much yet, but have heard good things. Just got a CCW and looking to sell a PPK/S. Also looking to pick up a CW45 to replace the Walther. Any suggestions on pricing on either one is welcome. Also any tips selling and buying would be great! Thanks so much glad to be here:chris:

Myarms,

Welcome to Calguns! Not sure on the best place to find what you’re looking for. Maybe try the Handguns sections (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)?
Also since you have been successful with getting your LTC (License to Carry) be sure to check out the LTC section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=179). :)

Ubermcoupe
02-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Hello folks!!! Been lurking the site for a while, built my first AR using info from the forum, very informative. Good day!!!

v1000rr,

Welcome to Calguns! Glad you finally joined up. :)

Ubermcoupe
02-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Hey everyone! Been looking through this site for a few months and just barely signed up!

b18,

Welcome to Calguns! Glad to have you aboard. :driving:

Ubermcoupe
02-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Long time member of an infamous AR forum, but I figured its time to hang out with the CA locals ;)

Anunnaki,

Welcome to Calguns! Be sure to check out the centerfire rifle section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67). :)

fresnofox
02-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone
New to the site have a 380 looking to buy another gun waiting for my ccw live in Fresno

Ubermcoupe
02-29-2012, 6:55 PM
Hi everyone
New to the site have a 380 looking to buy another gun waiting for my ccw live in Fresno

Mr. Fox,

Welcome to Calguns! Be sure to check out the CA handguns section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=66) and the LTC section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=179) (License to Carry) for questions you may have about your next pistol and LTC stuff. :)

lynch450
02-29-2012, 8:59 PM
Hi everybody been reading on here for a while now figured its about time to finally join. I need to do something to help pass the next 10 days until my g35 comes home.

SCPAKMAN
02-29-2012, 9:11 PM
Hi everyone. Looking to buy my first AR. I like to research before I buy anything. This site has all the answers. What else needs to be said?

Ubermcoupe
03-01-2012, 8:09 AM
Hi everybody been reading on here for a while now figured its about time to finally join. I need to do something to help pass the next 10 days until my g35 comes home.

Lynch,

Welcome to Calguns and congrats on the G35! CGN is a great way to help pass the time. I would recommend checking out the handguns section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=66) and posting in the “What do you have in Jail (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=131544)” Thread.

Ubermcoupe
03-01-2012, 8:11 AM
Hi everyone. Looking to buy my first AR. I like to research before I buy anything. This site has all the answers. What else needs to be said?

CSPMan,

Welcome to Calguns and congrats on looking into an AR! I highly suggest reading up in the centerfire rifles section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67) to kick around ideas and consulting the flow chart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf)if you plan to build one.

jesusisfern01
03-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Hello everyone.

I am a Disaster Preparedness independent associate for on duty network.
I love the outdoors and spending time their with friends and family.
I live in Beautiful Oceanside ca.
I also just purchased a saiga 5.45x39 to add to my collection and just converted the trigger and pistol grip and looking forward to shooting it.

IF you are interested on being prepared or want a cool work from home job check out my website at www.ondutynetwork.com/oceanside

Ubermcoupe
03-01-2012, 9:01 PM
Hello every one have been a member for almost a year but recently started posting.
I just purchased a saiga 5.45x39 to add to my collection eager to find some where to shoot it put would like to know were i can get some 922r info on it.
I ordered a new trigger group pistol grip and bullet button with tapco mags. just wondering if that puts me compliant.

Oh and im in Oceanside.

JSF1,

Welcome and congrats on the saiga. You might want to try posting in the Shoots & Meets section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=115) and also consult the Centerfire rifle section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67). Best on luck in finding the “right spot” :)

kc2414
03-03-2012, 9:58 PM
Hello everyone. Been a member for a lil while but its my first time posting. I will be on here a lot more from now on as I am building a gun! I look forward to getting to know fellow members and helping keep our gun rights in Cali safe!!

Doc.Sil
03-04-2012, 2:43 PM
Hey everyone. I have used this forum as a reference many a times and figured it was due that I make an account. I'm coming back from France for a new job in June, and will be in the Market for an AR-15. Looking forward to getting some input on how to build the best AR possible in Cal. I already have my eyes on a Noveske upper

Alpha-Zulu
03-05-2012, 9:06 AM
Greetings to the Calguns forum.

It's a sincere pleasure to be a new member.

50cal.
03-05-2012, 5:59 PM
hi im pretty new to calguns great site.. lots of info, good stuff..

Ubermcoupe
03-05-2012, 8:44 PM
Hello everyone. Been a member for a lil while but its my first time posting. I will be on here a lot more from now on as I am building a gun! I look forward to getting to know fellow members and helping keep our gun rights in Cali safe!!

KC2414,

Welcome and thanks for getting active! Hope you stick around. :)

MrACP
03-06-2012, 8:09 PM
Just checking in. Still learning more about guns every day. Light to moderate user. The doctor says with a support group I should be ok... Wait which forum is this? Haha
Mostly into pistols, buts have been buying some rifles lately. I recently got a Savage 308, a Russian SKS, and a couple shot guns just for good measure.
My next "rifle is going to be a Kriss Vector SMG, just because everybody else is buying AR's, I thought I'd be different, besides I already have a truckload of 45 rounds.
I really want a CCW and my record is clean enough, but being in Sacramento county, looks like I'll have to play the waiting game or wait till 2013
I think I should be able to conceal the Kriss wearing the right shirt, haha

setty
03-06-2012, 11:11 PM
I am a Director on the CRPA board, a lifetime CRPA member, an NRA member, a member of the Clovis FNRA committee, a member of the Range Pistol Club in Fresno, The Fresno Rifle and Pistol Range, The Avenal Range, the Fresno IDPA club, and the Avenal BPCR Sillouette Club. I shoot competetly in IDPA and BPCR Sillouette.

I am a Vietnam Vet as a Navy PO2 CT.
I will do anything I can to preserve our 1st and 2nd Ammendment Rights. My dad was a marine, my step sister was a marine, my step brother was a Navy Corpman in Vietman twice, my uncle was a WWII Navy SeaBee, my aunt was a corporal in the Army in WWII, 2 of my cousins were in the Navy 2 of my nephews were in the Navy, another nephew was in the Army, and both of my daughters are currently in the Air National Guard (17 years). One of my daughters is an F16 mechanic and the other one is in Construction Engineering as a surveyor and heavy equipment operator, she also spent 8 months in Iraq and a tour in Saudi Arabia.

I have listed my family's mililtary history to let you know that my family and I have earned the right to my opinion.

Gerald Setty

Ubermcoupe
03-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Hey everyone. I have used this forum as a reference many a times and figured it was due that I make an account. I'm coming back from France for a new job in June, and will be in the Market for an AR-15. Looking forward to getting some input on how to build the best AR possible in Cal. I already have my eyes on a Noveske upper

Doc.Sil,

Welcome to Calguns! Make sure you check out the centerfire rifle thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67) for all your AR questions and ideas. :)

Ubermcoupe
03-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Greetings to the Calguns forum.

It's a sincere pleasure to be a new member.

A-Z,

Welcome (Again :D )

Ubermcoupe
03-09-2012, 10:58 PM
hi im pretty new to calguns great site.. lots of info, good stuff..

.50cal,

Welcome to Calguns! Glad you joined up and hope you stick around. :)

Ubermcoupe
03-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Just checking in. Still learning more about guns every day. Light to moderate user. The doctor says with a support group I should be ok... Wait which forum is this? Haha
Mostly into pistols, buts have been buying some rifles lately. I recently got a Savage 308, a Russian SKS, and a couple shot guns just for good measure.
My next "rifle is going to be a Kriss Vector SMG, just because everybody else is buying AR's, I thought I'd be different, besides I already have a truckload of 45 rounds.
I really want a CCW and my record is clean enough, but being in Sacramento county, looks like I'll have to play the waiting game or wait till 2013
I think I should be able to conceal the Kriss wearing the right shirt, haha

MrACP,

I hope you get that Kriss on the your LTC. Be sure to check in @ the LTC section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=179) and keep up to date. Hopefully the processing in Sacramento will speed up. Glad you joined up. :)

Ubermcoupe
03-09-2012, 11:02 PM
I am a Director on the CRPA board, a lifetime CRPA member, an NRA member, a member of the Clovis FNRA committee, a member of the Range Pistol Club in Fresno, The Fresno Rifle and Pistol Range, The Avenal Range, the Fresno IDPA club, and the Avenal BPCR Sillouette Club. I shoot competetly in IDPA and BPCR Sillouette.

I am a Vietnam Vet as a Navy PO2 CT.
I will do anything I can to preserve our 1st and 2nd Ammendment Rights. My dad was a marine, my step sister was a marine, my step brother was a Navy Corpman in Vietman twice, my uncle was a WWII Navy SeaBee, my aunt was a corporal in the Army in WWII, 2 of my cousins were in the Navy 2 of my nephews were in the Navy, another nephew was in the Army, and both of my daughters are currently in the Air National Guard (17 years). One of my daughters is an F16 mechanic and the other one is in Construction Engineering as a surveyor and heavy equipment operator, she also spent 8 months in Iraq and a tour in Saudi Arabia.

I have listed my family's mililtary history to let you know that my family and I have earned the right to my opinion.

Gerald Setty

Gerald,

Thank you for checking in and joining up. I am sure you are keeping up on the CRPA/CGN “stuff” that is going on but thank you for stopping by and introducing yourself. :D

BASE45
03-11-2012, 1:05 AM
Hi there my name is Miles and im 18 and live in the bay area. Im an artist and i sign my paintings base45, in case you were wondering why the screen name. I recently built a XM16E1 clone from a colt m-16a1 parts kit(trap door stock isn't period accurate but its too cool.) and nds-lower. This is my first firearm so I had to do all the homework my self on it (parents aren't into guns) but I enjoy learning on my own(If it weren't for youtube id be about as smart as a rock).

All the paintings ive been selling recently are going to a romy akm build or bulg 74

Bullwhip55
03-11-2012, 7:57 AM
Is there a place that lists all of the abbreviations used in here...I spend more time trying to figure what abbreviations stands for....?.Thanks For The Help...

thenut2000
03-11-2012, 9:06 AM
Hello all you calgunners,

I have been browsing the site for a while and finally decided to join. I enjoy all the great info and hearing other peoples opinion.

A little about me. I have been shooting for a little over ten years and love every second of it. Besides shooting I hunt, fish, read and hike just to name a few of my favorite activities. I live in North San Diego County.

I look foreward to many discussions with all of you.

Ubermcoupe
03-11-2012, 6:34 PM
Hi there my name is Miles and im 18 and live in the bay area. Im an artist and i sign my paintings base45, in case you were wondering why the screen name. I recently built a XM16E1 clone from a colt m-16a1 parts kit(trap door stock isn't period accurate but its too cool.) and nds-lower. This is my first firearm so I had to do all the homework my self on it (parents aren't into guns) but I enjoy learning on my own(If it weren't for youtube id be about as smart as a rock).

All the paintings ive been selling recently are going to a romy akm build or bulg 74

Miles,

Welcome to Calguns! Always glad to have another bay area member. :thumbsup:

Be sure to show off your Clone build in the centerfire rifle section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67).

Ubermcoupe
03-11-2012, 6:35 PM
Is there a place that lists all of the abbreviations used in here...I spend more time trying to figure what abbreviations stands for....?.Thanks For The Help...

There is. The Acronym Thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606). Welcome to Calguns BW55. :)

TASK, LLC
03-12-2012, 8:32 AM
I am a former Team Leader in the Tactics Training Unit and instructor in the Physical Training/Self Defense Unit. I am currently assigned as a sergeant in a southern California law enforcement agency.

I am also the Chief Operating Officer for TASK, LLC located in Gardena, adjacent to Los Angeles, CA.

I look forward to learning from everyone here.

-James Hwang

Alex Park
03-12-2012, 3:03 PM
Hellow, everyone.
I am very glad to join Calguns.
I am a engineer and a guy who wants to learn all about a gun and to have a fun.
I will see you as often as I can thru this forum and at the range.

1d0ntkn0w
03-12-2012, 4:06 PM
Been a member for a few weeks now and I just realized I haven't introduced my self :oops: great site, already have helped me alot and look forward to meeting a few of you guys.

the.22kid
03-12-2012, 6:44 PM
Hello I'm the .22 kid and yup you guessed it i love .22's

SangerSam
03-12-2012, 9:00 PM
Hello! Just stumbled onto this site, excited to go through these pages and learn about everything I need to know about making this my new addiction!!

bonehead04
03-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Noob previously from Arizona. Will have to get used to the more 'strict' (*cough*euphemism*cough*) laws here in Cali.
Looking to get my CCW up here in Tulare Co.

secondshooter
03-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi Folks! you have an interesting forum! i have just bought my first AR, i used them 20 years ago (nz army) they are a shocking price over here so it has taken a while to save up. look foward to meeting you folks and getting some tips and ideas from the discussions going on. cheers Tim

marcdvc
03-14-2012, 8:34 PM
HI Feels great to be a member of calguns

idaho kid
03-15-2012, 4:19 PM
Hi All!
Been shooting in CA for a while. I just shot my first IPSC match last weekend with the Richmond Hotshots! Great group of guys/ gals. Looks like I have a new hobby!
-Eric

steveNgn
03-16-2012, 4:56 PM
Hello everyone, I just joined because a store owner referred me here. I can tell this place is a place that I can spend countless hours on. I'm getting my first 1911 and am frustrated with the wacky laws here in CALIFORNIA. :banghead: oh well... good thing I found this awesome forum!

ariestar
03-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Hello everyone! I am new here, I just found this while doing a search about the penal code in California & if you have to re-take the 16hour course just because you move to a new county. I had a CCW, then moved, was told that I was a "new" applicant with a one-year waiting list just to get an appointment & that I had to re-take the 16-hour course to get a permit in Sacramento County. I couldn't find that in the penal code (now I can't even find that) & am wondering if anyone knows the answer to that, but maybe I am posting this in the wrong forum.
So to introduce myself, I was born in Cali & moved out for 5 years to Colorado, which was awesome, but my family was all out here, so I reluctantly moved back to the home of Feinstein & Boxer, both of which I think I have been voting against for all of my life! Elections here are too frustrating! Who would have ever thought Jerry Brown would be governor again after screwing it up so badly the first time?
I am a firm believer in our Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, & hate how it's being trampled on & fear for our country.
It's great to find a forum with people who won't disagree with EVERYTHING I say!!!! lol:oji:

CocoTiTs
03-17-2012, 1:19 PM
Hey! Great forum lookin forward to learning a lot here! And how to deal with California!
Thanks

SlickD
03-19-2012, 11:19 AM
noob on calguns, Ive had a pistol for two years just got an Arsenal Ak and happy with all the info and advice here about the rifle laws in Ca.

Jesus
03-21-2012, 12:08 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. Hopefully I will learn alot from you guys.

Blingin
03-22-2012, 3:07 AM
Hey Ubermcoupe,

thanks for the reply and I'll be sure to check that like out before I start my build. I have roughly a grand to get started but that is by no means my total budget. I'm hoping to end around 2,500 or so. Not too sure.

Thanks for getting back to me though. It's much appreciated:)

Stephen

JDH1974
03-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Just got my first handgun (I hunt and have stuck to shotguns/rifles). I've been looking around the web and found this, so I had to join.

jsgunner
03-22-2012, 3:54 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Juan. I live in Burbank, California. I am college student who plans on majoring on environmental health. I currently do not own any firearms but plan on owning one this year. Also, I'm currently reading "How to own a gun and stay out of jail" by John Machtinger. It's very informative book. I would recommend this book to everyone. Further more, what inspired me to get a firearm was the t.v. series Top Shot. and other documentaries

I look forward to share ideas with everyone. Thank you.

pms542
03-22-2012, 9:55 PM
Hello

I am a new member as of today. I was made aware of the sight through the guys at Bullseye Firearms in Castro Valley. They told me that this would be a good sight to seek out a seller of a Stoeger Luger 22. I hope I'm going about this the right way. If anyone has knowledge of someone that would like to discuss a sale of one at a price point around $250, please contact me.

Thanks for your help.

:)

bsg
03-22-2012, 10:09 PM
welcome to the forum.

BigCumfy
03-23-2012, 3:37 PM
Just joined today! Thanks for all the great info. I recently just took a handgun safety class and loved it!! Especially the gun range part! Been researching what me 1st gun should be. I figured a 9mm for my wife and I. After hearing everyone say Glock this Glock that, I ultimately didn't like the feel in my hand. Next I kept reading about SA XDm's. As i researched, I found that I live in a state that really restricts what I can and can't buy. How many rounds I'm limited to. I can't even test an XDm. I did enjoy my experience with an XD and I've read that the XDm's are even better. But how do I get one in CA?!!? Thanks to CalGuns, I've learned all about the laws and especially some exemptions. I'm currently waiting for my new XDm 9mm 4.5" (Bitone) to come in!!! I can't wait!!!! Thanks Calguns!! I'm still learning how to shoot and building my armory so I hope the Zombie Apocalypse doesn't happen anytime soon!!

HK Chef
03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Hello all,

Name is Joe.I was doing some searching and was happy to find this site.. I currently live in Alaska and will be moving back to Orange County in 2 months. I have a few questions and just have to find the area to post them :-)

socalsni76
03-25-2012, 2:56 PM
Just joined the Forum. Lots of great information here, will be reading a lot!
On my way to building an AR15.

Mstang-50
03-26-2012, 1:08 AM
New here!
Long time reader, first time poster!
I'm glad I finally joined

Sabesimpson
03-26-2012, 6:17 PM
Hi all I am also pretty new to the forum! I would like to say HELLO and BE SAFE to all!

TheGrownUpKid
03-26-2012, 7:17 PM
Hello gentlemembers, glad to finally be joining after years of reading. Hailing from Northern CA.

Mountain Max
03-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Hello everyone! New to Calguns. Just donated... glad to be part of a great community!

-Max

Mbuck909
03-29-2012, 9:04 AM
Hello all. My name is Marty and I live in So Cali. Found this forum researching stuff for my Mosin Nagant. Use to shoot when I was a kid and now just getting back into it. Purchased a XD 9mm in december and have been having fun at the range with it. Just picked up my Mosin this month and have only put 40 rounds through it so far. I'm also intersted in reloading but havent been able to find a good local place to buy supplies. Anyone know of any good places.

Thanks

Bambino83
03-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Hello! Happy to be here. I've been on Cal Guns for a few months now and I like what I see. I've actually sold a rifle of mine to another member a few weeks ago.
??? I received an "iTrader Rating", how do I view that??
Thanks.

Pro2ndNCali
03-29-2012, 6:58 PM
Good Evening to all! New member from Fresno. Really enjoying reading all the great info throughout the forums. Looking forward to my time here. I'm a gun toting, flag waving female that LOVES to shoot! Go figure?

foxtrot.november
03-31-2012, 9:18 AM
Hi all. 'New here and to shooting as well. I picked up my first firearm (XD9) a few days ago and a friend suggested this site as a great forum to get info. I like what I've seen so far!

jls456
03-31-2012, 10:43 AM
long time lurker,but now I've joined. Great information on here. Thanks.

sowse
04-06-2012, 11:58 AM
hellooo. new member from Vallejo, CA and brand new to guns. hoping to get my first firearm in the next month or two.

jcslone
04-08-2012, 9:20 PM
Greetings from the sandbox ladies 'n gents. Been living in 29 Palms for over 4 years now and looks like I'll be stickin' around a while longer so I figured I'd start networking with some fellow gun "nuts" :-P Sold off my M&P-15 last fall *facepalm* but planning on getting an M&P 40 after tax season next year.

PoorRichRichard
04-09-2012, 11:41 AM
This site is rad! Been using TFL (thefiringline.com) and thehighroad.com for the past year (and will continue to do so), but his place is so much more CA specific! Really dig it. Thank you for the continued wealth of knowledge.

dxypher
04-10-2012, 11:12 PM
This is such an awesome site. My wife and I recently decided we would pick up a handgun for home defense. Although we both have many relatives who own guns, my general knowledge of guns was limited to a small number of manufacturers; process of how to obtain one was nonexistent. CG and it's members really helped open our eyes to what is available and answer a lot of my questions.

After firing a good number, we decided on a PX4 as our first (pickup is scheduled for next Mon). The new one isn't in our hands yet and we are already eyeballing a 686/GP100 next.

Thanks again
Derrick E.

DrosMe
04-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Hello everyone. Been looking around the posts for some months now, but finally wanted to say hello. I've been shooting since I was a kid, and I really appreciate that there are places online where I can share this. Thanks to all of you that make this site a possibility.

-DrosMe

avacotter
04-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Hello Cal Gunners! I'm glad to join the community.

DeltaAdam
04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Hello calgunners. Good to be here. Colt delta elite shooter.

kasusbelli
04-15-2012, 2:17 AM
Hello all. Hoping to join the OC CCW fight. I was forced to testify against someone that was sent to jail due partly to my testimony and he was convicted of attempted murder and got off on a murder charge years ago. I most certainly want to protect myself, seeing as he is now out of jail, thanks for the warning California; they tell me he's getting out, but won't let me protect myself. Hmmmm.

david_d
04-18-2012, 9:13 AM
hi there just joined 5 min ago.. im thinking about building myself a 1911 so I thought id sign up as im finding this a great forum, very helpful :).

David.

big909
04-18-2012, 1:20 PM
Hello, I hope this site is what I am looking for .
I am a disabled aand can't get around much. avid gun shooter before my work accident. looking forward to getting to know you all, best wishes,
bigG

Bassplunker
04-21-2012, 1:08 AM
Yes I'm brand new to Calguns. I found my way here cuz I told a friend I just got a new tactical stock for my Ruger 10/22 and I want to sell the Deluxe checker walnut stock and the nice Ruger leather strap. He suggested I do it here, however, I can't find the classified ads where I would place one? Thx.

Bassplunker
04-21-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm brand new to Calguns. I want to sell the Deluxe checker walnut stock and the nice Ruger leather strap. He suggested I do it here, however, I can't find the classified ads where I would place one? Thx.

Never mind. I just listed them on Ebay. I didn't want to, but I couldn't find any Classifieds here.

Ladyfracas
04-21-2012, 8:56 PM
Hello, all! New to this group :) ...http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj532/Ladytuner/StarPD45ACPshot1.jpg

ie_shooter
04-22-2012, 7:35 AM
Hi everyone, been lurking.. thought I'd join. Love the interaction and advice here. I'm in the Inland Empire. I'm not a gun expert or pro shooter or anything. Looking to be more active in shooting. I have a Ruger .357 Revolver, a Glock 19 that I just picked up last Monday and have yet to fire, and a 30.06 rifle. I'd really like to get involved in shooting groups or activities but don't know any. My goal is to learn my guns better, improve my accuracy and do what I can to protect our 2nd Amendment right. I just joined the NRA a week ago. I bought a Life membership. Anyways, thought I'd introduce myself.

boyhanip
04-25-2012, 5:10 PM
hello friends of the 2nd amendment! me name is allan, from san bernardino i have had guns for sometimes and now have time to go plinkering and make friends with the same hobby and belief. this website is really cool and lots of info. peace to all and God bless

larryjonesrealtor
04-26-2012, 7:54 PM
Hello all. I found out about this site from a friend, and seems like a great resource. As soon as I get familiar with it, I will be posting my Kahr CM9 for sale...like new and broken in nicely (approx 300 rounds through it, slide racked about 2000 times, and several thorough cleanings...those familiar with Kahr know what I mean!). Look forward to lots of great discussion and learning. Take care and shoot straight!

oc guy
04-27-2012, 1:23 AM
Hello everyone, great forum. Googling for Ca gun laws and found it very helpful so far. I own a few handguns, rifles, and shotguns. OnTarget range is my closest local range, and I go a few times a month. I also just started reloading 45acp and 9mm, so far it's been fun.

I hope to keep up on Ca laws, places to shoot, gun reviews, and all things guns here.

soris223
04-27-2012, 1:48 AM
hey everyone my name is freddy 23 im from los angeles
little bit about me im going to community college at the moment relaxing enjoying life trying to move on to bigger and better things, i want to be a police officer just focusing on that. i like to fish im actually trying to get into hunting im trying to find a mentor to help me out. not much else im an out doors type of guy i like roughing it i love nature i enjoy hiking and camping.

gacaliman
04-28-2012, 1:41 AM
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I am a new member to Calguns.net and look forward to getting to talk guns with you guys!

Karter18
04-28-2012, 5:55 AM
Relative noob here but I have tried the search and it brought me here but I still cannot find what "SBF" means in for sale forum. I do like how what you search for comes up red in the forums but I could not make it through 51 pages! Maybe I just need coffee this am but if someone could answer I would appreciate it.

Cheers

rkt88edmo
04-28-2012, 3:44 PM
Welcome all!

SPF=sold pending funds
SBF=???

Acronym thread:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606

snapshot7
04-29-2012, 3:13 PM
Hey! whats up CalGunners :cool:

I have fired a few guns in my life and up until a couple months ago I have been very interested in the sport of firearms. I am not new to the world of forums on the net, but am new to this one. I'm looking forward to joining your community in hopes of learning the laws, safety and proper use of both rifles and handguns. A little bit about myself, I am 30, live in south cali, love to ride bikes and build custom pc mods.

See you guys in the thread!:D

aamu17
04-29-2012, 5:21 PM
hi im a new calguns member im 20 years old but ive been shooting for a few years. my dad has been a member for a while now and he suggested that i join. i liked the website and thought id join.

Wiseman3
04-29-2012, 9:57 PM
Hey y'all new guy here just sayin hey so hey name is Justin I'm in Fresno and love shooting a lot although my wallet doesnt agree ;) look forward to joining in on some discussions learn some new things impart some of my experiences to help others when needed and keep showing people firearms are not the devil just another tool/hobbie that is good family fun

FamilyofShooters
04-30-2012, 12:47 PM
New member from La Mesa here. Great website and forums.

simplesb
04-30-2012, 6:27 PM
Hey all,

I thought I would join the rest and introduce myself. I have shot a few guns a few times in my life and hoping to become better educated and proficient with using them.

General
05-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Invaluable site. Love every minute.:)

karen92021
05-03-2012, 9:03 PM
Hi, new to guns, as of now, reading and learning !

cranemech
05-03-2012, 9:13 PM
Hi, new to guns, as of now, reading and learning !

Welcome, Karen92021

There is plenty of accumulated knowledge here, you'll be addicted just like the rest of us! :D

dagdag20
05-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi all. Found this website when searching for my new "toys". Have one in jail right now and searching fir 1 more.

Honor1
05-04-2012, 3:09 PM
:)First things first, and that would be a post in this thread!! New member from Riverside County, been shooting all types of weapons since I was 11 years old, so that has been for a LONG time...:D....I am a CA native, but lived for quite a while in Michoacan, Mexico where I worked in our family store and as a bodyguard/driver for the local prosecutor and as a Security Consultant/Analyst for a neighboring county. Now I am a Security Officer with a CA BSIS Open Carry License. I would like to obtain my CCW for Riverside County primarily for Executive Protection work. Open to all your comments, suggestions, stories, and hints as how to accomplish this or how you accomplished getting yours!! Thank you all!!! :)

frankDmole
05-04-2012, 3:26 PM
:)First things first, and that would be a post in this thread!! New member from Riverside County, been shooting all types of weapons since I was 11 years old, so that has been for a LONG time...:D....I am a CA native, but lived for quite a while in Michoacan, Mexico where I worked in our family store and as a bodyguard/driver for the local prosecutor and as a Security Consultant/Analyst for a neighboring county. Now I am a Security Officer with a CA BSIS Open Carry License. I would like to obtain my CCW for Riverside County primarily for Executive Protection work. Open to all your comments, suggestions, stories, and hints as how to accomplish this or how you accomplished getting yours!! Thank you all!!! :)

Welcome to CalGuns.
You might want to post your Q in the 2nd Amend. Related Legal & Political Discussion

Check this thread first.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=568244

MigNoche
05-04-2012, 9:56 PM
I have been a member for about a week now. I am very glad I signed up. I looked forward to learning and sharing my experiences.

Thank you for providing this great forum!:notworthy:

alonzomerrill
05-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Hello everyone, My name is Alonzo Merrill and this is a great forum for me. I like to make a good communicate with people and also like to share new thinks. I am passionate about to increase my knowledge and give right advise to other people.

Psybain
05-05-2012, 2:21 AM
Hi everyone. I found this site while trying to google how difficult it is to get a CCW in El Dorado County. I'm currently stationed in NC, but I am from the east bay originally, and I plan on moving to the sacramento area sometime in the next 6 - 9 months to go to college at Sac State. So far I've seen lots of good info up here, and I hope to be able to contribute sometime in the future.

frankDmole
05-05-2012, 7:29 PM
Welcome to CalGuns.

Chupa Cabra
05-05-2012, 8:50 PM
Hi and thank you for having such a wealth of information available. I've been doing a lot of reading. So much material, only one lifetime.

Sfo94450
05-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Hello everyone I am new to the site and it seems to be a friendly place to get great information.

currently own
Beretta 92FS U.S 1991
Olympic Arms CAR-15
Ruger 10-22
Remmington 870 Express
SW M&P .40
Sig P229 BTFO .40

resqguy
05-06-2012, 9:42 AM
Hello,

New member here. Just wanted to say I look forward to being apart of the forum.

drifter001
05-06-2012, 9:47 AM
welcome!

KalTac
05-07-2012, 6:21 PM
Hello everybody, I am a new to this site. A whole bunch of great information on this site.

controlled_burst
05-08-2012, 4:36 PM
Hey CalGunner's,

New to the site but been active in firearms for many years, starting shooting around 8 years old, lol

AR's, Glocks, HK USP line, 10-22, AK fam, 1911 fam are the weapons I know well. Currently building 2 new AR's

Outside of shooting/guns I am into Brazilian jiu jitsu, food, MMA and spending time with my family.

CB

30 cal slob
05-09-2012, 6:23 PM
Howdy folks. Right-coaster checking in, just wanna say hi.

I am a defensively-minded shooter.

FCBayern
05-09-2012, 9:02 PM
Hello all, complete newbie here but really looking forward to learning all I can. What a great site! See you in the forums.

Darksides
05-10-2012, 8:33 PM
Hi - From LA and NYC at the moment. Great forum you have here

Sirkingcobra
05-11-2012, 8:14 AM
Hi everyone, Moises 27, San Francisco native here move to Vacaville from southern california. Heard about CG and finaly decided to join. Looking forward to the forms

ehuff73
05-11-2012, 7:00 PM
hello im new here nice to meet you all

Frank The Mailman
05-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Hello from Modesto new to calguns learning alot.

Gun List so far
Beretta PX4 Storm
Sig Mosquito

MikeCIB
05-12-2012, 5:43 PM
Registered a while ago, just haven't been active. Will be now :)

Intents
05-12-2012, 5:59 PM
I signed up today after spending a lot of time reading about the gun laws in California and the different experiences members have had in this state. About myself- I've been in the Navy for 5 years, transferred here in 2009, and I'm originally from Colorado. I spent 4 years on a minesweeper and deployed 3 times to Bahrain, spending about 2 years there during those deployments. I own a Mossberg 590 and I just purchased a Springfield XD 45 (9 more days until I can pick it up). I'm here because I want to know about current legislature and what I can do as a citizen to protect the rights of gun owners in California. Thanks!

ididdoneit
05-14-2012, 3:51 PM
Hey! New here and I will be a first time firearms owner in another 8 days (thanks, CA, for a chance to "cool-off" because I now undoubtedly regret not getting the HK45 8 days ago.) I reside in Placer County and I would greatly appreciate any and all info/directions to the nearest BLM areas where I can enjoy private time with my new friend. I rather allot the price of range fees toward gas expense and ammo at a BLM area. Many thanks in advance!

Kristic
05-18-2012, 2:19 PM
Hello from the SF Bay Area!
Calguns has been a fantastic source of information in figuring out the multitude of CA gun laws, as well as a great place to read people's reviews and opinions, so it's about time I registered.

zooplankton
05-20-2012, 7:33 AM
Hello from san Jose!
A good friend of mine told me about this site and thought to check into it this morning.
looking to step into a sig saure P220 combat. Saw them all over the place a few months ago, now I can't find one anywhere.
The hunt continues.

M-Lo
05-20-2012, 9:22 AM
New to guns. Just bought a Smith and Wesson M&P 9... looking forward to starting a new hobby.

Damc1911
05-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Hello everyone, I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to join the forums. There is a wealth of knowledge here and I am hoping to absorb some of it.

Duncan.