PDA

View Full Version : Trying to wait patiently for my M&P.45

odslim
04-27-2012, 7:11 PM
Paid for it in full at Turners, coming up on 2 months now. I was personally told 2 months at the least at the time of purchase back in march, recently inquired about it and now there claiming 3-5 months. Then when i finally do get a serial number i can start the dros and the 10 day, great! Anyone wanna share stories they've heard about when they were told next time they'll be in stock or when they'll get a serial number at the least from other stores other than turners.

Thanks for the vent!

Legasat
04-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Great pistol, but you have more patience than me. Good luck!

Ron-Solo
04-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Worth the wait.

They are very popular right now, so they are getting harder to find.

I love mine!

gl0ckc0ma
04-28-2012, 12:13 AM
I was just in Turners today and I was told there is a 3 month back order for them, they are not even taking orders anymore.

orangeglo
04-28-2012, 12:30 AM
I put my deposit on the 9MM at Turners in February. I just started my 10 days this week. The guy at the shop seemed genuinely surprised that they had gotten mine in.

He even asked the other guy "Is this the one we promised to like 10 people?" the other guy said no. Mine wasn't even at the shop, it was in warehouse. But, they have a serial so my 10 days is in progress.

DasBoost
04-28-2012, 4:12 AM
I love my 45FS; feels like an extension of my hand. Have the Apex DCAEK, TruGlo TFO sights, and a TLR-1 for mine, it's my nightstand gun. Looking into the AEK trigger and I heard Costa has a new mag release out for it that looks pretty interesting. Right now, the aftermarket is picking up and some great internals (Essentially all from Apex Tactical) really make the pistol even better. If you really do like it over the Glocks, Sigs, XDs, and others, wait.

deltax
04-28-2012, 9:03 AM
Check out the lesser known mom and pops in your area, you never know if they will have it. All the Turner's and more well known mom and pops were back-ordered for months in the LA area, however I found a rather obscure shop in OC that had the M&P9 in stock. Actually bought it a few days ago. Only paid 5$-10$ more than Turner's list price for the M&P surprisingly. There was also no in store wait and I found that the service was much friendlier,efficient, and helpful than Turner's(not saying Turner's Pasadena has bad service, but this shop's was just better overall).

Sam
04-28-2012, 9:31 AM
M&Ps seem in very high demand. I called nearly all of the shops in the greater Sacramento area and could find only three total M&P45s in the area. I jumped on one yesterday. I really wanted to get a midsized but Tracy Rifle and Pistol couldn't even find one to order so I just went with the CA approved full size that shops carry. It seems like there has been a lack of supply for over a year. A bad thing considering people are going without, but a good thing if people are buying more guns.

odslim
04-28-2012, 12:32 PM
According to turners thread on cal guns, they received numerous sigmas and m&p 9mm from smith wesson but still no .45. I guess I'll have to go fishing more just to take my mind off of it and practice more zen.

Shenaniguns
04-28-2012, 2:05 PM
I hate waiting :D

timmyb21
04-28-2012, 8:41 PM
Just picked up my m&p 9fs today after waiting a good 6 months for one to show up in stock. Now to put millions of rounds through it! The m&p 45 is on my short list, and if it's like my other ones, it'll be worth the wait.

sn8kedoc
04-28-2012, 9:47 PM
Dumbest move i ever made was selling my M&p .45 there is not a day i dont kick my self for selling it. It is a fine weapon. I will definitely pick up another one probably in the fde with safety. That pistol is most assuredly worth the wait.

peopleofthesun
04-28-2012, 11:20 PM
I get mine on Wednesday :). I feel your pain and good luck.

cindynles
04-29-2012, 8:45 AM
I feel your pain, I've been looking for one the last 2 months. It's like the great guns and ammo shortage of 2008 all over again.

JNunez23
04-29-2012, 11:19 AM
A friend of mine purchased his @ GunWorld though, so no wait but he did pay $679.00 for it.

nbayer
04-29-2012, 1:58 PM
Golden state tactical has the full size m&p 9 in stock for 499.99, in fair oaks

cwin
04-29-2012, 5:20 PM
Ah waiting sucks. Hope yours gets here sooner rather than later. Congrats!

doublevision
04-29-2012, 7:29 PM
I might sell mine to you when gets back from being repaired at Smith and Wesson. Guns shouldn't break after 700 rounds. :/