PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk about the M&P-15 sporter!

Travis590A1
04-27-2012, 1:09 PM
So as some of you know im in the market for a SGL-21 but its very hard to come by lol. So in the mean time I think Im going to dip my pen in the AR-15 ink. Im not looking for a $1,000 AR since this will be my first one. Ive been looking at the M&P-15 Sporter. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? I know it lacks a dust cover, forward asist and a chrome lined barrel but to me those are not necessary for a good reliable rifle or is the couple extra hundred worth those extra features? So with that being said can you guys give me your opinion on the sporter? Thanks guys.

Travis

P.S. Sorry moderators I was half asleep when I posted this can you please move to the centerfire rifle section lol Thanks

dachan
04-27-2012, 1:12 PM
Put this in the correct forum and we'll talk.

Travis590A1
04-27-2012, 1:13 PM
Put this in the correct forum and we'll talk.

lol I know I realized my mistake right after I posted. I dont know how to change threads hopefully a moderator will save me haha

zfields
04-27-2012, 1:15 PM
Wrong forum, and arsenal sucks : )

Travis590A1
04-27-2012, 1:16 PM
Wrong forum, and arsenal sucks : )

lol they suck when it comes to politics but not when it comes to making a good AK

zfields
04-27-2012, 1:19 PM
lol they suck when it comes to politics but not when it comes to making a good AK

Its a converted saiga. Don't let it fool you.

AK all day
04-27-2012, 1:30 PM
I got my first AR, being a sporter about a year ago. It has been very reliable and accurate. It does everything and anything I will ever need it to do and I would not look back at what I was considering instead. I took the money I saved and bought some ammo and a few accessories for it, and I love it. I will say that mine does not like cheap steel cased ammunition but I have heard that other peoples sporters shoot it just fine. Whatever you get I'm sure you will love.

ChaneRZ
04-27-2012, 1:49 PM
Sport was my first AR and it is a good rifle. Very accurate!

nocomply25
04-27-2012, 1:54 PM
To be honest with you, when it comes to AR its all in the upper. I recently got a BCM eag tactical upper and it is amazing. If i was you, i would save up for a BCM or any other big name upper and then just get any lower from a decent company. I have a delton lower on my upper and it works amazing. Fit is perfect. I would put the money where it counts. If you buy an entry level AR you will buy another in 6 months or a year...So you will be paying double. My upper cost me 1300 but out the box it was so accurate it scared me...you get what you pay for.