PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Choose A MPA Pistol

Rexxss98
04-27-2012, 8:14 AM
Sup Guys

I am looking for a fun impractical gun for plinking and decided to choose a ghetto blaster from Masterpiece Arms. Since only 1 store around my area actually carry them I haven't had the chance to see these in person. I'm set on buying the 9mm side cock models but not too sure on the mini version or the full size. I'm thinking that for a impractical pistol in this configuration will probably come down to personal preference, but I wanted to see if you guys have any comments.....Oh yea I was kinda looking at the Vector Uzi Pistol but that thing is way overpriced.

Thanks!

macman9
04-27-2012, 11:04 AM
I have mpa930 mini with the side cocker. Almost no recoil so rapid fire is easy. It has a little trigger slap but dont feel it after a couple of mags. And pretty accurate. Can keep them all on target at 25 yards. Never jams even with federal walmart ammo. Its heavy but that helps the recoil. I love shoting my mac almost as much as my glock 19. Going to buy the full size mpa 9mm next.

Rexxss98
04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
That's good to hear! I'm leaning towards the mini version. The full size seems too big for me. Do u have any accessories for it? I liked the front strap and sling from their website but I'm not sure if the front strap is legal....

Eddie1965
04-27-2012, 6:13 PM
I have the mini version as well. I did buy the sling/strap combo from their website but since no one is sure if the strap is legal or not I just cut it off to be safe, I even cut off the loop from where the strap hangs. I'll post some pictures once I get home. Once you purchase it you can order the standard magazine release as well so you won't need the bullet button. I might order an additional upper with a non-threaded barrel.

Atlantaboi2012
05-17-2012, 9:52 PM
I dont see why people spend the extra money for a sidecocker and pass up the top cocker which cost less... Mac11 and Mac10s were not designed for pinpoint accuracy and mostly all were initially designed as top cockers back in the day.They were designed to send ALOT of lead down range in a very short period of time. That is why I laugh when I see pics of MPAs with rails on top with mounted red dot scopes..Whhhaaat??? Did u see any of that mess on COBRAYS back in the day?? heck no

Ibgreezy
05-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Go with the mini, I had one and loved it, I want the mini with the skulls finish or the digi camo one. To bad I cant find them anywhere. Anybody seen any MPA's in any Bay Area stores?

Atlantaboi2012
05-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Parallax Tactical has a few full size ones in 9mm top cock and side cock and they HAD a mini version but guess who saw it first and got it?? I was actually there having my gun serviced and just so happened to look over and saw them hiding under the Glocks... Mini Macs are def the way to go. If you see one for sell in southern ca, get it !!!