PDA

View Full Version : Just got a job...

HskrVern
04-26-2012, 3:18 PM
Finally got a decent job working at a gypsum plant in Utah as an industrial electrician. Since I am going to be working with some ridiculous voltages I'm not going to even entertain the thought about asking what the carry policy is and will be just car carrying. My question of the week, besides glock, what other firearm will stand up to that fine gypsum dust with no cleaning and still function as near to 100% as possible.

JeremyS
04-26-2012, 3:24 PM
A revolver.

Wear a good respirator!

HskrVern
04-26-2012, 3:28 PM
A revolver.

Wear a good respirator!

Depending on the area, I might be in a pressurized suit! Revolver sounds good, I could always use another 357.

littlejake
04-26-2012, 3:41 PM
You have to change your "about me" employment status. Glad you found employment.

Manolito
04-26-2012, 3:51 PM
Congratulations on the Job. I am guessing you flew P3's and went through SERE school a little dust should be a cake walk.

Keep Safe and congratulations.

Bill

HskrVern
04-26-2012, 4:03 PM
Congratulations on the Job. I am guessing you flew P3's and went through SERE school a little dust should be a cake walk.

Keep Safe and congratulations.

Bill

Nope, I'm not that bat**** crazy. I was in VP 47 for a spell as a maintainer.

Munk
04-26-2012, 8:40 PM
You can try abandoning the wet lubes, and have one of the lubes that hardens into a smooth crust for the rails and such. It stays dry so it prevents dust from collecting into a lapping compound.

Figure out what kind of ammo your gun likes while it's lubed in such a way first, because the fit will change slightly.

Once you have such a hard lube on there, cleaning will consist of a quick blast from an air-compressor to blow the gypsum dust out.