PDA

View Full Version : Bersa trigger issue

drifter2be
04-26-2012, 1:18 PM
So the first time out with my Bersa Thunder 380 I purchased from another forum member here the disconnector spring has popped out of the guide, rendering the gun useless. I popped the grip off, found the problem, put it back in the guide and it worked great until about the 20th round when it did the same thing.

Pic of the problem
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac130/88_7mge/photo.jpg

I emailed Bersa, obviously not being the original owner I am SOL for warranty repair. I can buy the spring, which costs $1.50 and $5 for shipping.

Was just going to order the spring and pay a gunsmith to change it out, as I don't want to deal with possibly screwing up the gun taking things apart to get that spring out.

My question is if anyone else here has had this issue with a Bersa Thunder, and if so were you able to find a permanent fix to it, because I really don't want to waste time and money on just replacing this spring if it is something else that is causing the issue other than the spring itself being bad.

Thanks.

drifter2be
04-26-2012, 8:49 PM
Found the answer from a local smith. In case anyone else ever has this issue, this is a very common problem on the Thunder 380s manufactured prior to 2010, the guide for the spring needs to be filed slightly deeper to keep the spring from jumping out. This local smith that used to be a Bersa warranty repair facility, going to get it fixed Sunday and hopefully that will be the end of this. I like this gun and really want to be able to trust this gun to work properly.

xpbprox
04-26-2012, 8:58 PM
Cool, glad you gave us an update. Something I'll keep in mind if this ever happens to me