PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Glockstore do SSEs?

hornswaggled
04-25-2012, 11:15 PM
I mean, they seem to be one of the biggest Glock and Glock accessory retailers AND they're located right in our back yard. Yet they have this for every handgun on their site:

Gen 4 models are currently unavailable for purchase in California except for certified law enforcement officers.

Kind of expected more from them.

Blackhawk556
04-25-2012, 11:16 PM
In their mind, sse is probably still illegal.

Aznatama
04-25-2012, 11:51 PM
opens them up to possible liability, any large store will not want to do that.

Sam
04-26-2012, 6:46 AM

What kind of liability? SSE is completely legal.

keenkeen
04-26-2012, 6:51 AM

Sorry...Nonsense.

:rolleyes:

speedrrracer
04-26-2012, 7:18 AM
The answer might be money.

Lenny Magill has tons of it. He doesn't want to risk it unless the risk/return ratio is very favorable.

The potential market is small. It's not like Direct Action Solutions in Solana Beach had to hire extra help to handle the flood of orders coming in for Gen4 SSE's. Plus, your margins take a hit because of the extra gunsmithing involved. The potential risk -- who knows? Maybe he's got a very conservative lawyer who advised him not to go there. Maybe some DOJ agent hit him with some FUD that scared him off.

Alternatively, maybe the answer is: MONEY.

He's running how many companies? 50? 100? The man is printing money. He has 1000 opportunities in front of him every day. Maybe he can only act on some of those 1000 opportunties, and 995 of them have a better chance of making bigger money than the small margins he'll make from selling a handful of extra Glocks.

There are some other answers, too, but I'm guessing by now you know what they are...

RazzB7
04-26-2012, 7:21 AM
I was in DAS recently and they were talking about a recent visit from DOJ. DOJ Guy said "You're doing Single Shot Expemptions. I don't like that, but there's nothing I can do about it. You're selling magazing rebuild kits. I don't like that, but there's nothing I can do about it."

That statement might scare some people off.

hornswaggled
04-26-2012, 7:27 AM
I was in DAS recently and they were talking about a recent visit from DOJ. DOJ Guy said "You're doing Single Shot Expemptions. I don't like that, but there's nothing I can do about it. You're selling magazing rebuild kits. I don't like that, but there's nothing I can do about it."

That statement might scare some people off.

I love DAS! Just got my Gen 4 G19 from them, awesome guys!

As for that DOJ person... Well he's against the Constitution he was sworn to protect and defend. I don't like that, but there's nothing I can do about it. :)

tacticalcity
04-26-2012, 10:21 AM
DOJ is very intimidating.