PDA

View Full Version : revolver problem.

chappinpaint
04-25-2012, 11:34 PM
hey guys my friend sold me a taurus 605 revolver and i seem to have a problem with the cylinder stop. i can dry fire the double action just fine but when i pull the hammer back for single action, the cylinder stop stays stuck down. when it is stuck i can spin the cylinder while the hammer is cocked back.
this is my first revolver but im pretty sure the bolt stop shouldnt be stuck down while the hammer is cocked back. do i need a new cylinder stop?

ckprax
04-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Fortunately for you Taurus has a lifetime warranty. Sounds like your cylinder stop us not working properly, I would send it back to the factory.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem, unfortunately it is not uncommon with Tarus.

chappinpaint
04-25-2012, 11:44 PM
i hear taurus' turnaround time is horrible. do you think a gunsmith can fix it even though it might cost me a bit?

ckprax
04-26-2012, 1:11 AM
I am sure a smith can fix it but I am not sure if it will void your warranty or not.

jessegpresley
04-26-2012, 1:39 AM
Don't spend any money on it. Send it in to Taurus. When it comes back sell it, and with the money you would've spent to fix it get a S&W.

IntoForever
04-26-2012, 1:58 AM
And now you know why your "friend" sold the Taurus and kept the firearms with better quality control.