PDA

View Full Version : bought a sig 2022, not so happy!

radioman
04-25-2012, 7:57 PM
I bought it new on 4/10/12, I have not shot it and I think sig gave me BS when I called them. so I want ask you calgunners who know sig. first on page 7 I a list of what comes in the box. 1 pistol, 1 magazine, 1handling and safety instruction manual, 1,test group card. No test card in the box, sig said manual is wrong. they don't test fire their guns, now this is a California gun and it does not have a chamber load indicator. WTF I thought sig was the TOP of line gun, I know the 2022 is the low end, but still why would sig tell me the manual is wrong, why no load indicator?

TKM
04-25-2012, 7:59 PM
Search is your friend.

GMANtt
04-25-2012, 8:01 PM
You're complaining about your brand new gun that you haven't shot? Not all guns have a test fire bullet then again I could be wrong. And you should be happy about it not coming with a loaded chamber indicator lol.

radioman
04-25-2012, 8:03 PM
TKM search what, the manual, the gun, the net, utube, what?????

TKM
04-25-2012, 8:07 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=561486&highlight=sig+2022+problems

radioman
04-25-2012, 8:08 PM
[QUOTE=GMANtt;8469857]You're complaining about your brand new gun that you haven't shot? Not all guns have a test fire bullet then again I could be wrong.

This is not my first gun, every gun I have bought had a test fire bullet, and every thing that the manual said came in the box was in the box.

jessegpresley
04-25-2012, 8:10 PM
now this is a California gun and it does not have a chamber load indicator. WTF I thought sig was the TOP of line gun, I know the 2022 is the low end, but still why would sig tell me the manual is wrong, why no load indicator?

It's only a fairly recent phenomenon that guns needed to have a mag disconnect and a loaded chamber indicator. The SP2022 was added to the list before this was necessary. I don't know why you want one, anyway.

Some states require a fired cartridge to be kept with the gun. California does not. They probably are just using the same printed catalog.

Really guy, just shoot it and quit complaining about stuff you don't even need and most of us don't even want.

hyperion.excal
04-25-2012, 8:13 PM
:Ivan:

PM sent

Hopy
04-25-2012, 8:14 PM
I have 2 Sigs and never got a test card with them. Also they do not have a round in the chamber indicator. Now they are the 229 in 9mm and the 220 in .45. I do not know about the 2022 however what do you want the test card for?

radioman
04-25-2012, 8:18 PM
It's only a fairly recent phenomenon that guns needed to have a mag disconnect and a loaded chamber indicator. The SP2022 was added to the list before this was necessary. I don't know why you want one, anyway.

Some states require a fired cartridge to be kept with the gun. California does not. They probably are just using the same printed catalog.

Really guy, just shoot it and quit complaining about stuff you don't even need and most of us don't even want.

It's not so much complaining, look at it this way, it is now off roster, if I want to sell it I can't ship it, and what about the value of it. does it go up or down.

Bullwhip55
04-25-2012, 8:43 PM
I just purchased a Sig P226R Elite Stainless...Brand New...No test card, No round indicator....And I am Happy...!!!

Sturnovik
04-25-2012, 9:03 PM
I bought it new on 4/10/12, I have not shot it and I think sig gave me BS when I called them. so I want ask you calgunners who know sig. first on page 7 I a list of what comes in the box. 1 pistol, 1 magazine, 1handling and safety instruction manual, 1,test group card. No test card in the box, sig said manual is wrong. they don't test fire their guns, now this is a California gun and it does not have a chamber load indicator. WTF I thought sig was the TOP of line gun, I know the 2022 is the low end, but still why would sig tell me the manual is wrong, why no load indicator?

Half the guns I buy dont come with a test target and some that say they do and dont.

You haven't even fired it yet? And honestly that LCI doesn't make YOU any safer. Its your responsibility to check if your guns loaded. I've seen those devices fail or slip under or people simply forget to check it, or its not obtrusive enough to be noticed.

The SP2022/Sig Pro is a fantastic buy, your basically getting a P series at half the price. I wish they threw in more mags but its one thing I've just accepted over the years. Eh I get 15 dollar ones on CDNN anyways :D

radioman
04-25-2012, 9:04 PM
I just purchased a Sig P226R Elite Stainless...Brand New...No test card, No round indicator....And I am Happy...!!!

I'm hoping to get back out to arizona some time next month and shoot it, I have a 1000 rounds of 115 g out there, I know it will shoot better then my ruger p94, it's just I wanted know why the book said one thing and I had another, this is my first sig after all.

and who better to ask then you calgunners, I will let you all know how it goes when I get back here.

radioman
04-25-2012, 9:10 PM
Half the guns I buy dont come with a test target and some that say they do and dont.

You haven't even fired it yet? And honestly that LCI doesn't make YOU any safer. Its your responsibility to check if your guns loaded. I've seen those devices fail or slip under or people simply forget to check it, or its not obtrusive enough to be noticed.

The SP2022/Sig Pro is a fantastic buy, your basically getting a P series at half the price. I wish they threw in more mags but its one thing I've just accepted over the years. Eh I get 15 dollar ones on CDNN anyways :D

It's something I don't need, like anti lock brakes, but this is CA and if time comes to sell it I don't need a pita.

Sturnovik
04-25-2012, 9:14 PM
It's something I don't need, like anti lock brakes, but this is CA and if time comes to sell it I don't need a pita.

Your quick to want to be able to sell it already lol ;).

Take it for a test drive before you freak out budd. :D

9mmepiphany
04-25-2012, 9:18 PM
Your SIG 2022 is just like almost every 2022 out there (depending on where it was manufactured)

No 2022 has a Loaded Chamber Indicator, they were placed on the roster before it was a requirement.

I haven't seen a test target in the box of any SIG manufactured domestically and haven't seen one in a German one, sold here, in over 20 years.

it is now off roster
I'm not sure why you think this. The models that expired in April have been renewed and the other models don't even come up for renewal until July

wilit
04-25-2012, 9:23 PM
It's not so much complaining, look at it this way, it is now off roster, if I want to sell it I can't ship it, and what about the value of it. does it go up or down.

:confused: It's not off roster... It's not scheduled to fall off until 7/12, but because Sig still sells this model, I'm sure they'll renew the state's extortion fee. Just because it doesn't have a LCI doesn't mean it's off roster. The SP2022 doesn't have an LCI because it was added to the list before it was a requirement. So long as the manufacturer keeps current on the roster fee, they can continue to sell the gun without having the mag disconnect or LCI that new guns require.

radioman
04-25-2012, 9:28 PM
Your quick to want to be able to sell it already lol ;).

Take it for a test drive before you freak out budd. :D

Guns, cars, and woman, you play with then for a time and move on to the next.

rubber duckie
04-25-2012, 9:31 PM
why are your worried about it going off roster and you will not be able to ship? if it truly does go off roster, im sure you will be able to sell locally and not have to ship, on top of that sell it for more then what you just paid. please either just shot the damn thing, and forget that it doesn't have a tester round, wrong manual, and LRI or sell it. and if you do sell it, it would be easier to sell then if it came with a LCI, the buyer would not care about the test round or a correct manual. he would care if you kept the gun in good condition, nothing else matters.

radioman
04-25-2012, 9:44 PM
I want to thank all of you, my fellow calgunners. you have made me feel better about what the book says should be there, and is not. I don't buy new very often and when I read one thing and saw another, well I hope you understand.

radioman
04-25-2012, 9:53 PM
why are your worried about it going off roster and you will not be able to ship? if it truly does go off roster, im sure you will be able to sell locally and not have to ship, on top of that sell it for more then what you just paid. please either just shot the damn thing, and forget that it doesn't have a tester round, wrong manual, and LRI or sell it. and if you do sell it, it would be easier to sell then if it came with a LCI, the buyer would not care about the test round or a correct manual. he would care if you kept the gun in good condition, nothing else matters.

I once had a Ruger 1022, it had a 50 round drum, it was legal at the time I bought it, when I sold it it was a pain in the @$$ and I just don't through that again! so I came here and asked.

plsmyk
04-25-2012, 9:56 PM
I have two 9mm SP2022s that I purchased within the past 6 months. One has an external extractor and a LCI. The other has an internal extractor and no LCI. The .40 S&W SP2022 that I bought in between the 9mms has an internal extractor and no LCI. There was a thread over on the Sig Forum recently about this. It seems to be a bit of a crap shoot as to what version of the SP you'll end up with. None of these guns have come with a fired case/target.

radioman
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
I have two 9mm SP2022s that I purchased within the past 6 months. One has an external extractor and a LCI. The other has an internal extractor and no LCI. The .40 S&W SP2022 that I bought in between the 9mms has an internal extractor and no LCI. There was a thread over on the Sig Forum recently about this. It seems to be a bit of a crap shoot as to what version of the SP you'll end up with. None of these guns have come with a test bullet/target.

Thank you very much, that was the kind of answer I was looking for. my problem was that I felt as if Murphy had gotten me again.

huckberry668
04-25-2012, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=GMANtt;8469857]You're complaining about your brand new gun that you haven't shot? Not all guns have a test fire bullet then again I could be wrong.

This is not my first gun, every gun I have bought had a test fire bullet, and every thing that the manual said came in the box was in the box.

I've sold, handled many many new guns. Never seen one that came with a 'test fire bullet'. However, I have seen a few with 'test fire cases'. Not all new guns come with test-fire cases.

Chameleon Loco
04-25-2012, 10:21 PM
He bought it from a corrrections officer they are the lower end cheaper sig models. He did not like it and when we were where shooting with one of his friends in the desert there was an AD and my dads friend swears he did not have his hand on the trigger. He sent it into sig and they found nothing wrong so he sold it to a friend and bought a hk usp compact. I liked the gun though and thought that for its price it was pretty decent. Oh btw he has a sig p230 he bought along time ago and it came with a test target but no bullet.

PandaLuv
04-25-2012, 10:27 PM
I bought 4 sigs and non of the had a shot shell. As far LCIs go, they're ugly and you can still resell it.

antmarc217
04-25-2012, 11:13 PM
The .40 that I owned did not come with LCI or those shot cards. Wasn't a peice of sh*t gun. Quality was great. Only reason I sold it was to fund a new gun.
You should atleast shoot it first before calling it crap!

jpm804
04-25-2012, 11:16 PM
My SP2022 doesn't have a LCI and I think it's better that way. Didnt come with a test fire bullet either ...

Shoot it and you will be probably pleased.

NewbieDave
04-25-2012, 11:40 PM
All my German made Sigs came with a test fired targets letting me know that the gun can shoot better then me and name of the German dude that pulled the trigger with the date that he pulled it :hide:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/CharleyWeir/target010.jpg

Sig's test firing station....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/cswimm/forum/barrel/IMG_0220.jpg

You got ripped off... sell your Sig to me and get yourself a Glock :D

battleship
04-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Having a loaded chamber indicator is not a plus, especially if you decide to sell it.

rubber duckie
04-25-2012, 11:54 PM
I once had a Ruger 1022, it had a 50 round drum, it was legal at the time I bought it, when I sold it it was a pain in the @$$ and I just don't through that again! so I came here and asked.

yeah it was legal for you to own , but once you sell that 50 round drum, thats a different story. the gun was still legal at the time, just not the drum.

but in this case there will not be anything illegal about the sp2022 and the 10 round mags it came with. happy shooting.

Aznatama
04-26-2012, 1:01 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a pistol that's on the roster is DROS'd as on-roster right? so how does anything change when you sell it? it would still be listed on your DROS as on-roster or something like that wouldn't it?

I don't see how a pistol that "falls" off the roster can suddenly become LEO/PPT only. Also, if this was the case, it doesn't restrict you from shipping to the other 48 states (w/ MA being the iffy one).

As for your 50rnd drum, it was legal for you to own, not to sell due to the enacted large-capacity mag laws. If you had disassembled it as parts, then it would've been perfectly legal to sell to anyone in CA.

Also, guns are not appreciating assets, nor are they investment vehicles unless you have some rare firearm like the Mk23 or USP-Match... just go shoot it, else sell it if you don't like it.

HondaMasterTech
04-26-2012, 1:25 AM
Every single gun is test fired before leaving the factory, period. I know this for a fact. ;)

jessegpresley
04-26-2012, 1:31 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/CharleyWeir/target010.jpg

Wilson's test targets are usually pretty impressive.

http://www.migunslingers.com/images/inv/WCT26037C.JPG

9mmepiphany
04-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Wilson's test targets are usually pretty impressive.

Its only at 15 yards and its off a bench

JeremyS
04-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a pistol that's on the roster is DROS'd as on-roster right? so how does anything change when you sell it? it would still be listed on your DROS as on-roster or something like that wouldn't it?

I don't see how a pistol that "falls" off the roster can suddenly become LEO/PPT only. Also, if this was the case, it doesn't restrict you from shipping to the other 48 states (w/ MA being the iffy one).
If it falls off the roster, it becomes LEO-only as soon as it is owned by an FFL. For instance, if you traded it for another gun at a shop or shipped it to a shop. Once a shop takes custody of it, they are bound by the roster and can no longer sell that gun to a normal non-roster-exempt person. BUT, because the roster ONLY applies to guns sold by an FFL, you are able to private party transfer your gun regardless of roster status (we're not taking into account illegal things like AW violations). You can have a shop hold it on consignment, or you can find someone on the forums and do it in person. You can't ship it though because that requires an FFL taking custody.

^^^ that's within CA. The roster is a CA-specific thing so it has absolutely zero bearing whatsoever when shipping it out of state. If you ship out of state, just like shipping in state, it MUST go to an FFL and will then be subject to whatever laws that state has. If the gun is illegal in the receiving state, the FFL would likely not allow you to ship to them.

GunHo
04-26-2012, 12:19 PM
come to think of it, my P226 did not come with neither; load indicator or test fire. don't let that discourage you. my Sig performs very well.

Sturnovik
04-26-2012, 2:02 PM
You'll enjoy the SIG OP.

As for "huckberry668", get over the simple mistake i made in typing. Try typing in this forum with "autocorrect" that randomly changes words.

Darklyte27
04-26-2012, 5:51 PM
9mm 2022 here, after adjustments on sights mine shoots fine, no paper target, who cares im shooting it well.

USAbodypilot
04-26-2012, 6:21 PM

Velly nice and velly jelly!

zombiescanlearn
04-27-2012, 2:22 PM
For a deep discount, I'll take that crappy Sig off your hands.:)

hcbr
04-27-2012, 3:47 PM
errr just shoot it and see how it works, if nothing is wrong, well then don't complain!

TKM
04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Every Sig I own came with a very nice test target.

X5s are like that.

God help me, I'm looking for an X6.

Suvorov
04-28-2012, 4:49 PM
Every Sig I own came with a very nice test target.

X5s are like that.

God help me, I'm looking for an X6.

Only 100% German manufactured and assembled Sigs come with the test target. Sigs manufactured or assembled in the US (even out of components manufactured in Germany such as slides and frames) do not come with the test target.

I have yet to see a SP2022 that has included a test target though I would guess some of the early production 100% German 2022s and other SigPros came with them.

tbhracing
04-28-2012, 5:04 PM
Picked up a new SP2022 this month with NO test rounds and NO LCI. The 9mm pistol shoots perfect, exactly what I want and I am happy.

Why would you want a LCI anyways with that lame writing on the top of the slide anyways??