PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on the central coast looking for a Ruger SR22 pistol?

CAglock20c
04-25-2012, 4:01 PM
I know these things are selling like hot cakes and are on backorder, but Rangemaster in SLO has 2 for sale currently. Price is $344.99, just thought I'd let anyone who is interested in buying one know.

Capybara
04-25-2012, 4:49 PM
I love mine, it is a great little gun. a blast to shoot.

Strykeback
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Theyve got a great indoor range. Just dont mention the phrase single shot exemption to one of the older gentlemen behind the counter...he became a complete *** to me when i had over 800 in cash to drop on a firearm and he wouldnt give me any opinions at all. In other news that 22 looks fun!

CAglock20c
04-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Theyve got a great indoor range. Just dont mention the phrase single shot exemption to one of the older gentlemen behind the counter...he became a complete *** to me when i had over 800 in cash to drop on a firearm and he wouldnt give me any opinions at all. In other news that 22 looks fun!

this is true! they know me very well there and about a year ago I was purchasing a SSE XDm from Table Rock Arms and needed an FFL for him to ship it to. Needless to say, the minute I mentioned SSE, they immediately said no. They're good guys for the most part there and play by the rules as closely as possible, and rightfully so. They'd rather be safe than sorry. But I just don't understand why they won't accept an SSE pistol as a transfer, yet they will sell Franklin Armory AR-15 pistols in SSE configuration...

rb765
04-26-2012, 7:52 AM
Now if we can get them in the Central Valley, I would be all over them. The only LGS that I know of that has them, I would not give the time of day to because of the way I was treated the last time I was there. I am on a waiting list at two friendly shops, so I am stuck waiting. Hopefully someone closer will be able to take advantage of this.

Army
04-26-2012, 3:54 PM
Most of Rangemaster employees are good guys, but I'm afraid the "old" store attitude came over to the new place.

I've never had a good experience there, except when they first opened years ago. But the "attitude" quickly devolved into 'us against them'. Granted, I've only gone to the old range 4-5 times in the last, oh, 15 years. But each time I got the evil eye and BS answers to easy questions.

Not a fan of Rangemaster.

Strykeback
04-26-2012, 5:17 PM
After being almost yelled at when I asked for an opinion of a best first gun purchase and the guy shrugged and said any of them in the case i commented about other CZs Id love if they could SSE. He immediately responded sure just show me a badge. I said oh, ok kind of ending the conversation to which he kept going with so youve got a badge?! I calmly said no. I was responding with oh ok to the fact you obviously dont do SSEs. I havent been back since.

Being that i live in santa maria and kept hearing how the rangemasters there was so much nicer to deal with i decided to stop by....
They werent kidding! I hung out there for over an hour talking to one of the guys while he let me handle all the guns and rentals they had and gave me pros and cons of what I wanted and even discussed the sad fact of stupid california laws that keep us from the good guns. He was very open to discussing single shots and that they were looking into acceptinf them in the futuew but for now it was still a grey area for such a small shop as theirs.

Took my younger brother to their range and afterwards commented about the handling of a couple of their rentals and I believe it was Joe that took the time to give us some stance and handle and grip positioning lessons. Even if they are a little pricier sometimes Il gladly pay extra for the fact that a company will go the extra mile for you.

zero_shot
04-26-2012, 11:10 PM
I bought my first gun from there when I was going to poly. They seemed like nice enough people, but I mainly talked to the young group of employees. If I were still down in SLO I'd pick up an sr22 tomorrow haha

CAglock20c
04-26-2012, 11:33 PM
someone talk me out of going in there this weekend and buying one! I have yet to throw down money on a decent red dot for my AR and feel like I should do that first....thoughts?