PDA

View Full Version : Kadet 22LR Conversion kit question

Speedpower
04-25-2012, 9:26 AM
Does anybody have a Kadet 22LR Conversion kit on a CZ75 Compact?
wanted to know if the slide locks back after the last round and how well does it perform compared to dedicated 22LR pistols like the RUGER MK III Hunter?

Rust
04-25-2012, 12:21 PM
I have one on a fullsize and the only difference I know of is the mag length so it should lock back just fine. You need to have the 9mm slide stop though if you have a 40SW. It has a longer nose to reach in to the mags, mine wouldn't lock open without it. As far as performance mine has shot very well. It's not quite as accurate as my Trailside or Marvel Unit 1 but it's pretty close. Of course both of those are true target pistols and have been set up with much better triggers than the CZ so it's not an entirely fair comparison. It's also been really reliable for me so far. Very few misfeeds and I can't remember any ejection problems ever with it. My only gripes about it are that it has the occasional light strike with a reduced power mainspring and the bulk Federal I usually feed it. And the slide portion is tiny, so it's hard to cock it with the hammer down. And I'm not a weak handed guy, there's just nothing there to hang onto. I've seen mods done by other guys though where they screw little studs to the back of the slide to give it something to grab a hold of. I may do the same to mine at some point.

Speedpower
04-25-2012, 4:41 PM
I have one on a fullsize and the only difference I know of is the mag length so it should lock back just fine. You need to have the 9mm slide stop though if you have a 40SW. It has a longer nose to reach in to the mags, mine wouldn't lock open without it. As far as performance mine has shot very well. It's not quite as accurate as my Trailside or Marvel Unit 1 but it's pretty close. Of course both of those are true target pistols and have been set up with much better triggers than the CZ so it's not an entirely fair comparison. It's also been really reliable for me so far. Very few misfeeds and I can't remember any ejection problems ever with it. My only gripes about it are that it has the occasional light strike with a reduced power mainspring and the bulk Federal I usually feed it. And the slide portion is tiny, so it's hard to cock it with the hammer down. And I'm not a weak handed guy, there's just nothing there to hang onto. I've seen mods done by other guys though where they screw little studs to the back of the slide to give it something to grab a hold of. I may do the same to mine at some point.

Thanks for the feedback Rust!

How about the Kadet on a Compact frame? Anybody