PDA

View Full Version : Glass Factory - It needs a little TLC

ckprax
04-25-2012, 8:23 AM
It should come as no surprise, the range is pretty trashed (and we still have a large pile to clean up from last time). I know we try to get out there about every three months so I figured we should start planning the next one now.

I am thinking as long as Marborg is willing to donate a dumpster or two and we have some volunteers we should try and get a clean up going for the end of May or first half of June and pick up where we left off last time.

It would be a good idea to contact Larry to get his help in closing the range. I believe Patobravo has the signs we used last time.

I am free most weekends, but Saturdays generally work better for me.

So who is in and when can you come?

When: June 16th POSTPONED

Who:

1. ckprax
2. gtturboex
3. TacticalPlinker
4. Deadbolt
5. Dakine surf
6. imfletch
7. mitchellb3
8. Travis 590A1
9. P.W.

Anyone else? If I missed anyone please pm me or post in the thread.

gtturborex
04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
As of right now I am good for most weekends besides Memorial Day Weekend.

I am dreading that big pile on the lower half of the range:(

TacticalPlinker
04-27-2012, 5:43 AM
Thanks for the PM. I'm interested and with enough notice I should be able to make a Saturday morning clean up. I've been meaning to make my way up there soon, so this could be a perfect excuse. I will be watching this thread.

Deadbolt
04-27-2012, 1:50 PM
I'm out all May. We have a user conference I need to support in 1 week for a week and adjoining weekends.

June I may be open, I'm trying to get some travel approved to attend a few conferences myself - once I have that info I'll post, but May is unfortunately no good for me ( good thing im only the center of MY world ;) )

gtturborex
04-30-2012, 6:02 AM
I'm out all May. We have a user conference I need to support in 1 week for a week and adjoining weekends.

June I may be open, I'm trying to get some travel approved to attend a few conferences myself - once I have that info I'll post, but May is unfortunately no good for me ( good thing im only the center of MY world ;) )

June is probably a choice anyways. This gives us a whole month to round up the posse.

Dakine_surf
05-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I would love to come out and help... The place is looking ragged, and it makes me sad :(. I got a few other friends that I know would come out to help as well.

Most weekend work for me and sat work best.

pmoradi2002
05-01-2012, 1:00 PM
I was out there about a month ago and wanted to arrange a clean up, but me being from Orange County made it quite tough. This place needs a good clean up, I'll try to make the 3 hour drive!

ckprax
05-01-2012, 2:14 PM
June is probably a choice anyways. This gives us a whole month to round up the posse.

I agree, plus we need Deadbolt to go where no sane man would go wearing board shorts :D

Dakine_surf
05-01-2012, 4:31 PM
I agree, plus we need Deadbolt to go where no sane man would go wearing board shorts :D

Just let me know when in June and I can round up at least a couple other "volunteers." I tend to use the Factory a couple times a month and am very thankful to have it, so anyway I can give back is fairly high on my priority list.

Are there many people in the Goodland/SB area on here? Always nice to find out you have like minded neighbors.

Deadbolt
05-01-2012, 8:11 PM
nice thanks Dakine.

<-- Goleta since 89 brotha (not born but mighaswellbe )
Heads up : weekend of 6/24 im helping out down in
San D for a fellow motorcycle rider and their family, guy had a gnar gnar crash and needs support. So june looks good otherwise but weekend of 6/10 im no go

Dakine_surf
05-02-2012, 9:34 AM
Deadbolt, I ride as well, used to be only dirt but now I have a sickness with older Hondas and Yamaha's... Mostly street now, but I am in the market for a dual sport.

P.W.
05-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Let me know when yall plan to do this and I'll make time to make it up there

imfletch
05-03-2012, 2:43 PM
Created account so that I could let you know that I am in. May is better for me than June, if there is an option.

Dakine_surf
05-04-2012, 7:48 AM
nice thanks Dakine.

<-- Goleta since 89 brotha (not born but mighaswellbe )
Heads up : weekend of 6/10 im helping out down in
San D for a fellow motorcycle rider and their family, guy had a gnar gnar crash and needs support. So june looks good otherwise but weekend of 6/10 im no go

Nice, do you live near Phelps st? I run around there to the bluffs almost everyday, and saw a guy the other day walking a dog that looks like yours... I live right on the ocean ghettos fairway.

Deadbolt
05-15-2012, 9:57 PM
what dog

Dakine_surf
05-17-2012, 1:33 PM
what dog
The one in your avatar

Deadbolt
05-17-2012, 2:17 PM
:rofl: yeah im just being funny. Shake a hand next time you see me :D

1d0ntkn0w
05-17-2012, 2:47 PM
In which county is "the glass factory"?

Deadbolt
05-17-2012, 2:48 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=santa+barbara+east+camino+cielo+shooting+ra nge&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

tag "a"

1d0ntkn0w
05-18-2012, 7:40 AM
2 1/2 drive for me. Can't commit but if the day chosen I'm free I'll go.

ckprax
05-18-2012, 8:01 AM
Well since May is almost up, it looks like the clean up will be in June. I propose June 16th how does that work for everyone?

Deadbolt
05-18-2012, 8:16 AM
june 16th i am green lighted :chris:

SilentPea
05-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Just FYI UCSB graduations are that weekend. Traffic is going to be a cluster**** and I won't be able to make it.

Dakine_surf
05-18-2012, 4:10 PM
I am a go for the 16th

gtturborex
05-19-2012, 9:57 PM
No plans for me so far on that day..

imfletch
05-21-2012, 12:07 PM
I can help from ~7a until 12p on Sat, June 16.

mitchellb3
05-21-2012, 5:24 PM
Down to help

Travis590A1
05-23-2012, 1:31 AM
Im in as well. As long as we shoot after :13: haha

TacticalPlinker
05-23-2012, 6:10 AM
I'm still good for a clean up, just need to know the date in advance. Prefer Saturday. I will try and be of as much use as possible.

I might head out that way Saturday morning. I need to shoot something and I want to see how much of mess we're facing. If anyone else is going to be there this Saturday to shoot, let me know!

Travis590A1
05-23-2012, 4:31 PM
Are you goin to shoot this Saturday?

TacticalPlinker
05-24-2012, 1:26 AM
No. I don't think so. My girlfriend's family is coming in from out of town, so looks like I will be stuck with that all weekend. But I might be going Monday morning if my girl has the day off.

gtturborex
05-24-2012, 6:15 AM
I'm still good for a clean up, just need to know the date in advance. Prefer Saturday. I will try and be of as much use as possible.

I might head out that way Saturday morning. I need to shoot something and I want to see how much of mess we're facing. If anyone else is going to be there this Saturday to shoot, let me know!

The mess is huge I'm sure. The pile that we left last time down on the lower area was massive plus months of added crap. Definitely not gonna be a walk in the park.

Dakine_surf
05-24-2012, 11:47 AM
I was there last sat and it is looking pretty shabby... The pile down in the gully is getting nasty... And some douche left a fridge and a washer. While I was packing up some other dbags were pulling a big safe out to shoot and a few vacuume cleaners which I am sure they left.

Actually I had a pretty bad day, since another a hole decided to open fire with a .308 on my actiontarget evil Roy without permission. Which if he had asked would have been one thing but he didn't, not to mention he was a terrible shot and shot the leg, which is not the ar500 steel so now I got an f'd up target stand.

A few weeks before that another guy decided to shoot my [U]rimfire[U] dueling tree with an ak and missed... So he put a hole through the stand on that...

I really don't understand the nerve of some people... Come ask to use my targets, I am a super nice guy and I will gladly say yes, that way I can tell you what you can and can't shoot with it... Instead people ruin my $200+ targets... :shrug:

TacticalPlinker
05-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I'd go ballistic (no pun intended). I don't think a gun range is really a smart place to piss people off, especially an unregulated range in the hills.

Though, I would not bring much more than clays and maybe wood target stands and paper targets to a place like the Glass Factory. Your experience goes to show how people there act and the uncertainty of leaving with your property in one piece.

Might I also add anyone who visits Glass Factory should bring a trauma kit with them. I'll be grabbing at least one IFAK if I go up Monday morning for memorial day, as I'm sure it will be crowded.

Deadbolt
05-25-2012, 10:35 AM
thats pretty outrageous. I would have said something had it been me.

TacticalPlinker
05-25-2012, 4:10 PM
So looks like I will be heading out Monday morning to Glass Factory to do some shooting. I have a roll of trash bags in my car, so I will do what I can while I'm there...

Anyone have plans to shoot on Memorial Day?

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-25-2012, 4:13 PM
where is this glass factory I keep reading about?, I'll take couple of guns, trash bags and a rake.

TacticalPlinker
05-25-2012, 4:31 PM
where is this glass factory I keep reading about?, I'll take couple of guns, trash bags and a rake.

Hills above Santa Barbara.

Forget the exact directions, but take the 2nd State St. exit and then take the highway into the hills. I think it's like San Marcos or something. Drive for several miles then take East Camino Ciello on your right.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-25-2012, 4:38 PM
Hills above Santa Barbara.

Forget the exact directions, but take the 2nd State St. exit and then take the highway into the hills. I think it's like San Marcos or something. Drive for several miles then take East Camino Ciello on your right.

humm, thanks I'll see if I can find any directions how to get there.

Dakine_surf
05-25-2012, 5:26 PM
humm, thanks I'll see if I can find any directions how to get there.
Here you go

Driving directions to The Glass Factory

Oxnard, CA
1. Head east on E 5th St toward Meta St
331 ft
2. Take the 1st left onto Meta St
0.2 mi
3. Turn right onto S Oxnard Blvd/PCH
1.9 mi
4. Turn right onto E Vineyard Ave
0.5 mi
5. Slight right to merge onto US-101 N toward Ventura
39.3 mi
6. Take exit 101B for State Street toward California 154/Cachuma Lake
0.2 mi
7. Merge onto Calle Real
0.4 mi
8. Turn right onto CA-154 W/California State Route 154/San Marcos Pass Rd
7.7 mi
9. Turn right onto E Camino Cielo/Forest Route 5N12
2.1 mi
10. Slight left to stay on E Camino Cielo/Forest Route 5N12
4.1 mi
11. Turn left onto Arroyo Burro Rd/Forest Route 5N20
443 ft

The Glass Factory
East Camino Cielo
CA 93105

dougolupski
05-28-2012, 5:25 PM
I was up there on Saturday. Really wasnt so bad, at least not as bad as the last clean up I did in Oct. There were a few busted up TV and some other junk but all in all not to much of a cluster. Left with a couple bags of junk from the firing line.

Let me know what date y'all settle on, if I am in the country I will be there. Its the only local place I can practice my quick fire with my single actions.

EdgarCervantes
05-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Im in the LA area and would gladly love to help clean up this place if I can catch a ride with anyone.

TacticalPlinker
05-29-2012, 1:46 AM
Ok, so I was at Glass Factory today (Memorial Day). It's a mess. I really could not clean up anything, there were broken bottles and assorted glass everywhere front of the firing line. TV's, computers, a tire, plywood, a small surfboard, stuffed animals, even a safe. I did leave some paper and clay targets as others were shooting at the them (without permission of course) and a cease fire had already been called shortly before we left so I wasn't about to run out and get them.

edit: not in picture, but to the left, there were some guys setting up lots and lots of painted glass bottles. Which I doubt they cleaned up, and before we left there some people setting up at least 3 wheels with tires, I think they belong to a Mustang because a guy was asking if anyone wanted them before he shoots them, not sure if he was serious or not. I also doubt they cleaned that up.

All in all, a fun day. Very sunny but not very warm. People were decent as well, I didn't notice much if anything stupid. Just wish there was a trash bin on site.

Anyway, here is an idea of the mess...
http://i.imgur.com/v5HE9l.jpg

Full size picture link:

I didn't really think of taking video or pictures, so there is not much to share and excuse the quality... I didn't take any pictures or video but my Remington 870 kicked my butt. My shoulder and my face are sore. I need a cheek pad and I need to work on my "technique". Part of the stock kept hitting me in the face.

That said, here are two pictures and a video. That's me and my 1963 Romanian WASR AK-47. California legal with bullet button and 10 round permanently blocked magazines.

Here is the video too if you're interested. Excuse the quality, but if you listen carefully, you can hear the casings hit my car, which is to the right just out of view. You can also see the round impact the hill behind the large wood board with multiple 8" x 11" targets.

YT Link (better quality):

Deadbolt
05-29-2012, 12:02 PM
:rofl: it pains me to state that "that doesn't really look so bad"

Good news i suppose - june 16th baby!

Capybara
05-29-2012, 9:37 PM
I have never shot at the Glass Factory but I used to work in SB and always heard about it. I would be up for the June 16th cleanup but unfortunately I will be out of the country on a business trip.

Is it open to shoot up there in late June usually or is it dependent on fire conditions? I would love to take my son with his 10/22 and my new Mosin up to try it out. Let me know, would be glad to meet a few fellow Calgunners up there for a shooting day (weekend) late June.

Deadbolt
05-30-2012, 8:52 AM
I have never shot at the Glass Factory but I used to work in SB and always heard about it. I would be up for the June 16th cleanup but unfortunately I will be out of the country on a business trip.

Is it open to shoot up there in late June usually or is it dependent on fire conditions? I would love to take my son with his 10/22 and my new Mosin up to try it out. Let me know, would be glad to meet a few fellow Calgunners up there for a shooting day (weekend) late June.

its been open all year the last few years since we've been so active with clean ups - usually depends on how arid it gets and the amount of trash there

Dakine_surf
05-30-2012, 12:54 PM
So that ******* did leave the safe... F'n guy...

Yeah unfortunately that isn't as bad as it sometimes is

SanPedroShooter
05-30-2012, 6:32 PM
:rofl: it pains me to state that "that doesn't really look so bad"

Good news i suppose - june 16th baby!

Ha ha I thought the same thing....

TacticalPlinker
05-30-2012, 7:02 PM
So that ******* did leave the safe... F'n guy...

Yeah unfortunately that isn't as bad as it sometimes is

Yep. Took me a minute to figure out what is was because of the foam like inner, but you could still make out the shape and the door. If you look at my range picture I took on Monday, you can see it directly in front of the tire. There was also a laptop in front of it. Both were shot to s%%t.

ckprax
05-31-2012, 2:16 PM
I edited the first post to include the people who have committed so far.

Since it is only two weeks out we should try to get the word out (signs) and arrange for a dumpster. Any volunteers?

P.W.
05-31-2012, 3:16 PM
I should be around to help with the clean up

ckprax
06-01-2012, 6:27 AM
I should be around to help with the clean up

Great! I added you to the list.

dougolupski
06-01-2012, 11:11 AM
You guys realize thats fathers day weekend right? So I am out, i will be out of town all weekend.

Capybara
06-01-2012, 12:07 PM
If you guys can re-schedule for something in July, I will participate and will bring my kids to help clean up. That place should be pristine, then it will stay open for a long time.

gtturborex
06-01-2012, 12:19 PM
You guys realize thats fathers day weekend right? So I am out, i will be out of town all weekend.

This could be a problem. I am still ok for that day but a lot of others might not be. Is anyone taking control over handling the ranger and marborg?

dougolupski
06-01-2012, 4:35 PM
Well if something is setup for July make sure its not the weekend of the 7th and 8th. Most people will still be out of town for the 4th.

gtturborex
06-01-2012, 8:43 PM
Well if something is setup for July make sure its not the weekend of the 7th and 8th. Most people will still be out of town for the 4th.

I'm gone most of July. Fishing in Alaska> clean up trash

RangerLarry
06-02-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm the Forest Service ranger that usually helps with these cleanups on East Camino. Is someone heading up this cleanup and contacting Marborg about donating dumpsters? I'd be glad to help by shutting down the range for that Saturday during the cleanup and seeing if there are any fire crews available for extra manpower. Let me know. Thanks.
Larry Griffith, Forest Protection Officer, Los Padres National Forest. 805 967-3481 X216

gtturborex
06-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm the Forest Service ranger that usually helps with these cleanups on East Camino. Is someone heading up this cleanup and contacting Marborg about donating dumpsters? I'd be glad to help by shutting down the range for that Saturday during the cleanup and seeing if there are any fire crews available for extra manpower. Let me know. Thanks.
Larry Griffith, Forest Protection Officer, Los Padres National Forest. 805 967-3481 X216

Hey Larry! Glad to see you joined us.

Mike

Dakine_surf
06-03-2012, 5:21 PM
Still down for the 16th here...

Larry nice to see you on here, it is Micah, we met on Friday the 1st...

Deadbolt
06-04-2012, 10:45 AM

whats up Larry! im the guy that is one of 3 people that actually puts their name on your list ( :rofl: ) glad you're here! need all the help we can get (im sure the feeling is mutual!!! )

:clap:

glockguy45
06-04-2012, 2:40 PM
I'd like to help out if I'm available. I'm currently busy on the morning of the 16th. How late do you guys expect that you'll be onsite? Would it be helpful if I showed-up to help in the early afternoon or would all the heavy lifting be done by then?

ckprax
06-04-2012, 3:24 PM
I'd like to help out if I'm available. I'm currently busy on the morning of the 16th. How late do you guys expect that you'll be onsite? Would it be helpful if I showed-up to help in the early afternoon or would all the heavy lifting be done by then?

It generally lasts into the afternoon, any and all help is appreciated.

Eat Dirt
06-04-2012, 8:53 PM
Hey Guys ,

Nice to see another Clean-Up happening
Would you be interested in a few of these ::

The new batch say " This area " not 'this canyon'

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=571604

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/013-2.jpg

gtturborex
06-06-2012, 6:22 AM
Hey Guys ,

Nice to see another Clean-Up happening
Would you be interested in a few of these ::

The new batch say " This area " not 'this canyon'

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=571604

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/013-2.jpg

That would be great! We are having a tough time keeping this place clean. We have major cleanups every 3-4 months but that place still is a disaster. We have our local Ranger on our side as well. We already post a sign on the firefighter posts letting everyone know of an upcoming cleanup so they can either help or stay away.

How much are these going for?

Thanks,
Mike

Eat Dirt
06-06-2012, 6:59 AM
How much are these going for?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike .............
Postage Only !!!

I had some made up at the local hometown print shop for a clean-up down here ( Actually one of the loal Rangers suggested it after our 4th group clean-up ) So I ran with the idea
Then another member ( SoCalBowHunter) with a print shop in Riverside stepped up and offered to make more ..for Free !!
So I've got about 15 left
Send me your address on a P M and I'll send a couple up
And then you can just send me what ever it is for postage

And let me tell you . The signs Worked ( So Far )
The last 2 canyons we cleaned are staying in good shape
We Have 7 long finger canyons to shoot in
3 weeks and still there !!!!

Then when you have a clean-up take before and after pictures and post them here
The Forestery people down here have taken a intrest in Cal-Guns and what's going on with the 'Clean-Ups'
Even got an Award for efforts down here ::
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=577488

Heck ,,Even contact the local hometown paper
Would make a nice article of " Shooters do Good Job Helping out "

gtturborex
06-06-2012, 7:40 AM
Pm sent! Thanks again!

Dakine_surf
06-06-2012, 10:20 AM
I might be able to print some of these if need be, I have access to a nice digital press.

are those printed on a polyester paper, or just laminated paper?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Eat Dirt
06-06-2012, 1:17 PM
I might be able to print some of these if need be, I have access to a nice digital press.

are those printed on a polyester paper, or just laminated paper?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

What ever the usuall cardboard type material is
I'll be sending a few up Gutturbroex

Capybara
06-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Those are just what is needed, very cool. Thanks for making those happen.

P.W.
06-07-2012, 12:30 AM
So are we still on for the 16th or has this changed ?

TacticalPlinker
06-07-2012, 2:21 AM
Count me out for the June cleanup. Next quarter starts up and I have a class on Saturday afternoons... :(

... I HATE class on Saturday!

Good luck guys. I think the signs will help out. I doubt 9 of 10 people who shoot there knows about CalGuns or their cleanups.

By the way, would it be possible to have an on site trash can of some type? I think that might help along with signs. I know someone who have to pay for it to be picked up and replaced, or just as an easier way to help clean up.

gtturborex
06-07-2012, 6:02 AM
By the way, would it be possible to have an on site trash can of some type? I think that might help along with signs. I know someone who have to pay for it to be picked up and replaced, or just as an easier way to help clean up.

The problem we would have is that the idiots would probably shoot up the trash can. It's not the greatest of crowds that generally heads out there in the afternoon.

Deadbolt
06-07-2012, 7:49 AM
The problem we would have is that the idiots would probably shoot up the trash can. It's not the greatest of crowds that generally heads out there in the afternoon.

this, unfortunately. Dumpsters, picnic tables, portapotties

you name it - *******s will shoot it up. :(

dougolupski
06-07-2012, 8:13 AM
Yeah when I was up there two weeks ago the table with the broken leg was out on the range being used as a target holder. If it aint bolted down someone will shoot it.

Tappymac
06-07-2012, 10:16 AM
I just called Ranger Larry to ask about public service hours for high school students. He told me that he is happy to sign off on the hours for any students that need them.

RL also started asking me about dumpsters and other plans and asked for one of the organizers to contact him. I told him I don't know anything but was hoping to make it up there to help out but that I am definitely not the organizer. Here is his contact information again so that one of the organizers can give him a call:

Dakine_surf
06-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Who normally contacted marborg? I hear from RL that someone who lives up there in the area is willing to let us use a tractor... I think we need to see if we can take advantage of that...

shy 7th
06-07-2012, 4:09 PM
Yeah when I was up there two weeks ago the table with the broken leg was out on the range being used as a target holder. If it aint bolted down someone will shoot it.

Three weeks ago, my friends and I tried to repair that table. The wood was so splintered from all of the bullet holes it didn't go back together too well. It was rickety but it still worked. Sad to hear it's been... put out to pasture.

gtturborex
06-07-2012, 5:53 PM
RL also started asking me about dumpsters and other plans and asked for one of the organizers to contact him. I told him I don't know anything but was hoping to make it up there to help out but that I am definitely not the organizer. Here is his contact information again so that one of the organizers can give him a call:

I just made the call but we won't know until possibly Monday whether we have sponsors in place or not.

gtturborex
06-07-2012, 5:55 PM
Who normally contacted marborg? I hear from RL that someone who lives up there in the area is willing to let us use a tractor... I think we need to see if we can take advantage of that...

Larry talked about this guy last time up. We really need to take advantage of this if we can get some dumpsters. Renting them is too expensive.

patobravo
06-10-2012, 2:19 PM
Haven't checked into Calguns for a while, if this is for sure on the 16th I can put the signs up there tomorrow and I'm 90% sure I can be there to help out.

gtturborex
06-11-2012, 5:58 AM
Haven't checked into Calguns for a while, if this is for sure on the 16th I can put the signs up there tomorrow and I'm 90% sure I can be there to help out.

Craig is contacting Marborg today to see if we are a go. I would hold off until he chimes in here or gives me a call to let me know.

automatikdonn
06-11-2012, 6:06 AM
I will be on vacation in NY, sorry I won't be around to help for this one. I was up there a couple weeks ago, and it is not even close to the last cleanup

Deadbolt
06-11-2012, 1:16 PM
I will be on vacation in NY, sorry I won't be around to help for this one. I was up there a couple weeks ago, and it is not even close to the last cleanup

not even close as in "its not so bad" or "its more miserable than a 405lb woman in 107 degree heat?"

edit: yes, deadend keeps it classy :cool:

gtturborex
06-14-2012, 9:03 AM
Unless a miracle happens soon this might not happen. We might have to postpone this cleanup.

Dakine_surf
06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
What needs to happen? I am swamped at work, but I will try to help anyway I can.

Worst case, maybe we can have a little meet up and do some shooting, and put some faces to the names...

gtturborex
06-14-2012, 11:36 AM
What needs to happen? I am swamped at work, but I will try to help anyway I can.

Worst case, maybe we can have a little meet up and do some shooting, and put some faces to the names...

Trash removal is our biggest problem up there. We haven't gotten Marborg lined up for this yet and we are only 2 days out.

Dakine_surf
06-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Trash removal is our biggest problem up there. We haven't gotten Marborg lined up for this yet and we are only 2 days out.

Who typically contacted marborg and got that setup in the past?

gtturborex
06-14-2012, 3:56 PM
Who typically contacted marborg and got that setup in the past?

Craig is our contact but he's out of state. I've called him already and he said he will see what he can do.

P.W.
06-14-2012, 9:09 PM
I'd say it would be best to postpone it temporarily until things can be sorted out. Not to mention Saturday is Fathers day as stated earlier in this thread.

DieselPhotos
06-15-2012, 6:12 AM
If its postponed, I'll be sure to attend. Only have been there once (to see it), and want to help clean the place up. Just can't tomorrow.

gtturborex
06-15-2012, 6:18 AM
Let's reschedule this for another date. The next weekend I will be available would be the end of July.

Deadbolt
06-15-2012, 8:27 AM
i braaaaped past and its really not too bad ( i mean its F'ing a travesty regardless but its not really bad as it has been historically for clean ups ) so i think moving the date isn't the end of the world and we generally cant really be effective without trash hauling locked down so i think moving the date is the right decision

ckprax
06-15-2012, 12:51 PM
I suppose we will postpone. I will edit the first post.

Dakine_surf
06-15-2012, 1:41 PM
Anyone want to meet up and shoot a little? I got a new clay launcher I want to try out...

TacticalPlinker
06-15-2012, 2:26 PM
I have class on Saturday afternoon's for at least the next ~3 months, but depending on the new date, once it's established, I will try and make it.

Edawg
06-27-2012, 5:48 AM
I new to this site. where you guy from? I live in lompoc

Capybara
06-28-2012, 10:30 AM
For those of you organizing the cleanup, is it on again? Do we have a date yet?

I want to go up there to shoot and I want to help with the cleanup as well. I have a full sized 2WD short bed truck, gloves, rakes and lots of Costco trash bags. Let me know.