View Full Version : Ar-15 bolt won't stay back??

04-24-2012, 10:41 PM
My bolt will not say back after last shot nor an empty magazine. Sometimes it will but it'll slam shut at the slightest movement. I can feel it catching, But it's not catching all the way. I do notice that the lever doesn't go back as much as it should, Maybe it's in too tight?? It gets me in trouble at the range so any info would be helpful I will post a video right now. Thanks in advance for any help.

04-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Here it is. Excuse the mess :) were packing!

04-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Try a different bolt catch preferably from different supplier's LPK. I had a similar problem where the bolt catch was out of spec and swapped it out with a different one and everything works as it should.

04-25-2012, 6:47 AM
Bolt catch/spring that puts tension on bolt catch or maybe wrong buffer if the bolt doesn't go all the way back.

04-25-2012, 6:51 AM
if you take out the spring and hold the catch see if the bolt holds then. if it does then i would measure the dept of the hole and make sure it was machined deep enough if it is check the pin that sits on the spring for the bolt catch and make sure it is not to long then check the spring to make sure it is the right spring and is not to long also. that should be a good start

CIV Tactical
04-25-2012, 7:48 AM
Make sure your bolt catch spring hole is clear of any obstruction as well. I had this issue on a build and it turned out there was some debris in the spring well.