PDA

View Full Version : Looking for anything (619)

CaptBuzz
04-24-2012, 6:44 PM
23 year old male looking for any line of work.

• I've bounced in the nightclub industry for over a year, LEAD and guard card (zero strikes).
• I own Greco Wireless Entertainment, a mobile device app company -- Last year was amazing, this year I'm sinking.
• I'm a computer tech though never got certified because of costs vs available work at the time, I decided not to pay for a seemingly useless cert.
• I'm comfortable with all Microsoft Office software and Photoshop.
• I type ~100wpm
• I have brief military training courtesy USMC. I blew out my knee in boot and opted for the entry level separation rather than the PEB (medical retirement) to keep my options open in case I decided to go back (100% healed now). I mention this only because I am familiar with taking orders, attention to detail, respect, hard work, teamwork and working solo.
• 1 year shipping/receiving/warehouse experience (Toys R Us "back of the house")
• Fast learner. Anything thrown at me will be perfected in a short amount of time. I take my work mindset home and research/learn/practice as much as possible for further improvement on the job.
• Spotless record, not even a parking ticket. I'm not into the party scene either so no hungover workdays here. (Drug-free is a given.)

Long term would be wonderful, regardless of the outcome of my business, I will not leave if there is room to grow; Short term/part time would be great too. I'm interested in anything over $400/week. I'll work as many hours on any day(s) as you can throw at me, literally.

Thank you for any consideration.

CaptBuzz
04-28-2012, 5:01 AM
Bump.

Willing to travel/relocate for the right opportunity.

CaptBuzz
05-05-2012, 7:58 PM
CmyUkm2qlhA

tbhracing
05-05-2012, 8:02 PM
Best FREE source for local, state and country wide jobs- www.indeed.com

ankyle62
05-06-2012, 9:54 PM
a lot of computer type jobs here
http://www.reddit.com/r/SanDiegoJobs

Parker2812
05-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Good luck man, I'm in the same boat and got lots of friends who are too.

Respect for starting your own company and putting yourself out there. If you get desperate, leaving the country for work is not a bad idea. I even tried it already and it looks pretty promising out there.

Did you know you can make $20/hr in Taiwan with no degree? Did you know the gun laws are better in the Czech Republic then CA? China will pay you good and give you a place to stay, and don't even get me started on foreign girls.....lol now I'm just ranting. Plus you got computer skills, so you can make something happen.

Again...best of luck.

bellts
05-07-2012, 6:43 PM
Could you PM me a resume? I'm looking to staff one IT guy on an army contract (working in SD/Sorrento Valley).

CaptBuzz
05-08-2012, 6:31 AM
PM sent

NYsteveZ
05-08-2012, 2:59 PM
If nothing else works out, I work at a security company who has contracts at Qualcomm, Cubic, Ratheon etc. The company I am at is OK, BUT, we have had more than a few guys get hired on with skills like yourself to get a network going at the above named companies then get hired on with them. You already have a guard card which is a +, some Military experience, and if you have a DoD clearance, thats a BIG +. PM me if you want more info. I know my company is shorthanded and looking for people.

Peter.Steele
05-08-2012, 5:42 PM
There was an article on CNN today about Australia. It appears that they're looking for Americans to come and staff their military for them. The pay is ridiculous, too - Corporals make something like US$57,000 a year there.