PDA

View Full Version : ar gas block info needed

Sam .223
04-24-2012, 5:35 PM
i have a 14.5 barrel with perm. FH attached, the problem i'm having is i can't find a low profile gas block that'll fit under my DD Omega rail, the gas block needs to be a bolt on type as i don't want to have the FH removed if possible, i do have a set screw slide on type i could cut in half and weld back together on the barrel but i wanted to find out if there are other options out there before i mess with a perfectly good gas block. anyone have anything to recommend?

Socal Armament
04-24-2012, 5:41 PM
Try this

Yankee Hill Specter Gas Block (http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_6&products_id=43)

ILVSMOG
04-24-2012, 5:41 PM
I just went through this exact same issue on a .308 gun I was building. You have two options.

1: get a 2-piece gas block like the Yankee Hill Machine piece. If you're like me though, your DD rail won't fit over the block. It's pretty bulky.

2: remove the FH, assemble the lower correctly with a low profile gas block, then re-attach the FH. I know it's a pain, but this is what I ended up doing and the result came out "correct" so I'm very happy.

Sam .223
04-24-2012, 6:12 PM
i talked to someone about the Specter gas block and he said he had to remove a considerable amount of material out of it to fit under his DD rail, so i suppose thats an option but i was hopeing there was an easier way of getting this done, which is why i was thinking about cutting and welding up a low pro gas block and set in place with the set screws, but i was hoping there was something out there i missed that would just bolt on without to much fuss.