PDA

View Full Version : SOLD

norcal77
04-24-2012, 3:32 PM
Make an offer on the car if you are interested..needs to be gone. Interesting trades welcomed..guns, watches, jewelry and the like...

Up for sale here is a 1965 Chrysler 300 sport coupe. I am the third owner of this vehicle. The original owner of this vehicle had it up until 2008 but then she passed away. It was then sold at an estate sale where a gentlemen started to restore it but his health deteriorated and he sold it to me.

The original owner ordered this car from the factory with no air conditioning or power options, so manual windows/locks. It spent most of it's life in Redwood City, California where it was purchased and garaged all its life. It has the fender mounted turn signals from the factory which is supposed to be a rare option. All of the chrome is there and in good condition..the only place that needs attention is the rear bumper above the tailpipe, there is some minor freckling here and there but it's a 47 year old car so that is to be expected. The dash is in excellent shape with no cracks and all the glass is in good shape also. All of the rubber around the windows looks like new also. I don't think it was driven in the rain much. The car was not smoked in either.

Car has a 383 Big Block, 727 Transmission with the column shifter and 3.23 gears in the rear

It would not take much to restore this car to it's former glory. I had great plans for it but things have changed. There is very minimal surface rust and the only damage is in the rear area on the drivers side. It looks like somebody used bondo to patch it up, it's nothing that a body shop can't fix and make like new. Other than that body damage the car runs excellent but I will state that the radiator probably needs to be replaced, it leaks. The car doesn't overheat or anything but it's the original radiator and needs to be re-cored. I've gotten quotes that this would cost $350-500, if you can weld you can probably fix it yourself. It leaks around the hose on the bottom. So other than the radiator the transmission and motor are excellent. The motor was actually rebuilt in 1992 and I have the paperwork for that also.

Also included with the purchase of this vehicle..

-The Chrysler service manual and Master Technicians reference manual for this specific model, a $100 value
-A complete interior from Legendary Interiors, front seats and back as well as a brand new headliner patterned after the original, not a plain cheapo one, an $1100 value
-An extra pair of glass headlight covers as well as the headlight housings
-An extra set of original hubcaps

Here is what does not work...
-The odometer - It needs to be refurbished and calibrated..everything works from the transmission up to the cable, just the cluster needs work
-Speedometer - Same as odometer, once you get that fixed it will work also
-The Radio - I'm told it needs a reverbarator (I think that's what it's called), power is there..just the radio needs to be fixed

The car is being sold as is with no warranty. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/norcal77_photos/front-2.jpg

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/norcal77_photos/back-1.jpg

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/norcal77_photos/side-1.jpg

dandingo13
05-24-2012, 4:08 PM
Bump for a fellow '65 Chrysler 300'er. Man, I miss mine so much. If I had the extra cash I'd seriously be considering yours. Ironically mine went to Sweden. Here she is ...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f89/ukuleledan/1965%20Chrysler%20300/IMG_2896.jpg

norcal77
09-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Bump to the top with updated price :-)

norcal77
09-03-2012, 12:26 AM
BTT

norcal77
09-04-2012, 9:23 PM
BTT

norcal77
09-07-2012, 9:54 AM
BTT

I'm looking for a commuter car as a trade, of your have happen to have a 89-93 5.0 sittin around one of those also :-)

norcal77
09-10-2012, 8:36 PM
BTT

norcal77
09-16-2012, 10:23 PM
BTT

norcal77
09-18-2012, 9:43 PM
BTT

norcal77
09-30-2012, 9:12 PM
BTT