PDA

View Full Version : Introducing RifleGear.com

shark92651
04-27-2007, 2:52 PM
I want to invite everyone to take a look at my new online retail site, http://www.riflegear.com. The site is now live and ready to accept orders.

I am offering products from many of the popular vendors: Magpul, TangoDown, Ergo Grips, Midwest Industries, Stag Arms, EOTech, and many others. Of course, I am carrying the California-legal grips, stocks, and mag-lock kits as well. Even though we already have quite a few products in our catalog, we will be adding more new products soon. Customer service is a priority for me so please let me know if you have any questions about the products or don't see something you would like and I will do my best to accomodate you. You can always reach me here or through any of the contact methods on the site.

Regards,

David

whatdyisit
04-27-2007, 3:03 PM
Congrats on getting the site up and going. :)

So thats what that red "coming soon" un-link at the top of the page was all about.

shark92651
04-27-2007, 3:10 PM
Thanks, it's a lot of work getting something like this set up and I'm glad to finally be ready to open shop. Yeah I saw the ad space at the top filling up quickly so I wanted to reserve a spot - of course then a third row of ad space appeared :D

one417
04-27-2007, 4:21 PM
Nice prices. You'll be hearing from me soon :) .

dondo
04-27-2007, 6:49 PM
Do yo uhave any STAG 4H upers in Stock? Im in Newport BEach and would love to pick one up! Let me know!
Don

dondo
04-27-2007, 8:29 PM
I just bought a STAG A2 buttstock as a sign of support. I love that your about a mile from me! Thanks!

shark92651
04-28-2007, 1:23 AM
I just bought a STAG A2 buttstock as a sign of support. I love that your about a mile from me! Thanks!

I have an order into stag that I placed on Thursday and it includes a 4H upper so I hope to have it in stock sometime next week. Thanks for the order! You have the distinction of being my first order. I will bug them on Monday to see when my shipment will arrive. Thanks for the support and I will get it to you as soon as I can.

mr2.0
04-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah!!! 15 min from my house, will be there tomorrow to pick up an Ergo grip if you guys allow local customer p/u. Tam

edsel6502
04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Congrats and best of luck on your new venture.

shark92651
04-30-2007, 7:48 PM
Thanks for the interest guys, I am really excited about this new venture. If anyone local wants to save on shipping charges then I can arrange to meet you nearby with your purchase and credit you the shipping charge. Just email me at david@riflegear.com or PM me here. I'm always up for a coffee at Mustard Deli at the Pavillion's shopping center too :D

shark92651
05-08-2007, 7:42 AM
Several members have asked if they can meet me to pickup their products in order to save shipping charges. I'm happy to do this and I will arrange to meet you at the shopping center at the corner of Newport Coast Dr and San Joaquin Hills Rd, which is where my PO box is located and the address on my web site:

21163 Newport Coast Drive, #128
Newport Coast, CA 92657

Google Map: RifleGear.com (http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&q=21163+Newport+Coast+Drive,+%23128&om=1&z=17)

I have created a coupon code that will total the order without shipping charges. In the shopping cart, enter the coupon code WILLCALL in the coupon box and then press the "Update Cart" button. When you get to the shipping page just select "Continue with Free Shipping" and then you can complete the checkout as normal and contact me to arrange pickup.

dondo
05-15-2007, 2:23 PM
Shark, Got my buttstock and everything is great. I ended up getting a CMMG upper from my other vendor, however Ill pick up an EoTech from ya real soon. Good luck with the business!

shark92651
05-16-2007, 9:20 AM
That's great, thanks for your patience. I have a couple more shipments in-bound from Stag and I'm stocking up on the uppers. I have a couple in stock now and I hope to have enough of the right-handed uppers on hand so that I can keep them in stock. As far as EOTechs go, I have the 512, 551, and 552 in stock but I'm still waiting on the 511's to come in. I'll also have a couple of the 3x Mags as soon as they are available.

If there are any other products that you guys would like me to stock let me know and I will see what I can do. I'm trying to focus on the products that I know are good quality and are popular with the AR market, particularly the shooters on this forum. I'm in the process of adding products from Yankee Hill Machine and some new scopes and rings from Leupold and Burris.

dicast
05-16-2007, 10:06 AM
just to show some support i just order me a Magpul grip. just wonder when are you ganna get some Magpul stock (not mil-spec)?

shark92651
05-16-2007, 12:09 PM
dicast, thanks I appreciate it. I'm having a heck of a time getting Magpul to fill my back-orders. Seems they ran out of just about everything right before they got my original order. Stuff is slowly trickling in but they are still out of the commercial CTR stocks. On hand right now I have 4 of the mil spec CTRs in black, two in dark earth, and two PRS stocks in dark earth. One of these days I hope to have the UBR stock as well... :sleeping:

proraptor
05-17-2007, 2:41 PM
Wow the website looks really good....I like the prices also....

BTW: Do you have bullet buttons in stock?

shark92651
05-17-2007, 9:04 PM
Thanks, I keep working at it... Yes I have all the CA products in stock. I am also adding some new products - I just added quite a few Weaver and Picatinny style rings and some Leopold scopes. I need some advice on which scopes to offer - there are just too many options and I want to sell what is the most popular of the good, low to mid priced scopes. Any ideas?

http://riflegear.com/c-31-rings-and-mounts.aspx

http://riflegear.com/c-13-rifle-scopes.aspx

I am contemplating offering Bushnell Elite 3200. What Burris brands are the most recommended?

proraptor
05-18-2007, 7:44 AM
bushnell are good.....Id look into carrying the nikon buckmasters also....very good scope

RangerRoy
05-20-2007, 3:34 PM
I want to invite everyone to take a look at my new online retail site, http://www.riflegear.com. The site is now live and ready to accept orders.

I am offering products from many of the popular vendors: Magpul, TangoDown, Ergo Grips, Midwest Industries, Stag Arms, EOTech, and many others. Of course, I am carrying the California-legal grips, stocks, and mag-lock kits as well. Even though we already have quite a few products in our catalog, we will be adding more new products soon. Customer service is a priority for me so please let me know if you have any questions about the products or don't see something you would like and I will do my best to accomodate you. You can always reach me here or through any of the contact methods on the site.

Regards,

David

where in OC?

RangerRoy
05-20-2007, 3:37 PM

Regards,

David

I just found your address on your contacts page on your site. Can I get a stag or DPMS or any completed AR15 lower with the bb or permanent mag lock installed. price and est. availability time? Thanks

shark92651
05-20-2007, 3:57 PM
I can't offer lowers at this time as I do not have an FFL. My plan is to get an FFL in the future when my business grows to the point where I can afford a commercial address for storefront/warehouse. The only one I know of that is offering completed lowers with BB or MonsterMan is www.lanworldinc.com.

mark3lb
05-21-2007, 7:57 AM
I can't offer lowers at this time as I do not have an FFL. My plan is to get an FFL in the future when my business grows to the point where I can afford a commercial address for storefront/warehouse. The only one I know of that is offering completed lowers with BB or MonsterMan is www.lanworldinc.com.

You don't really need a store front, unless you want to open up something like Ade's gun shop. Newport and HB won't allow that, because they're both against gun shops opening. Try Costa Mesa or Stanton. You don't need a warehouse at all. A mini storage unit or a 2nd bedroom of an apartment, if you're doing an online business. You can do mostly blind shipments, where you have the items offered on the site, then when someone orders an item, you order it from the company that makes it. The company ships it to them, but it looks like it came from you. Another way is to just have the items shipped to you, slap your label on it and send it to the customer. You can stock pile hot selling items if you know they're going to move, but it doesn't make sense to buy a ton of stuff and hope it sells. This is only my opinion, but you need to distance yourself from the other vendors. Do it by better prices or offering items they don't carry, just a reason for people to remember to visit your site and not theirs. Best of luck with the business.:)

shark92651
05-21-2007, 3:08 PM
I'll have to do some more research as I was under the impression that it was difficult, if not impossible, to get an FFL in CA if you do not have a commercial address. I do currently offer a few products that are drop-shipped and will be adding more as time allows. Thanks for the encouragement.

proraptor
05-22-2007, 9:18 AM
You dont need a store front for a FFL.....There are tons of FFL's around here that dont have them...

SuperSet
06-28-2007, 6:11 PM
Hey David,

Any chance of stocking LaRue Tactical stuff in the future?

BTW, great website and congrats on the launch!

PIRATE14
06-28-2007, 6:50 PM
You don't really need a store front, unless you want to open up something like Ade's gun shop. Newport and HB won't allow that, because they're both against gun shops opening. Try Costa Mesa or Stanton. You don't need a warehouse at all. A mini storage unit or a 2nd bedroom of an apartment, if you're doing an online business. You can do mostly blind shipments, where you have the items offered on the site, then when someone orders an item, you order it from the company that makes it. The company ships it to them, but it looks like it came from you. Another way is to just have the items shipped to you, slap your label on it and send it to the customer. You can stock pile hot selling items if you know they're going to move, but it doesn't make sense to buy a ton of stuff and hope it sells. This is only my opinion, but you need to distance yourself from the other vendors. Do it by better prices or offering items they don't carry, just a reason for people to remember to visit your site and not theirs. Best of luck with the business.:)

Doesn't work this way for the gun industry......at least not that I know of so please enlighten........:chris:

PIRATE14
06-28-2007, 6:51 PM
You dont need a store front for a FFL.....There are tons of FFL's around here that dont have them...

Really......tons....:rolleyes:

aplinker
06-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Really......tons....:rolleyes:

Yes, on every street corner of Compton and Watts there's a gun store next to a liquor store. Every house in-between is an FFL, too. Fo-shizzle. :D

RainierArms
07-03-2007, 5:59 AM
David,

I just saw your post and your website. It looks fantastic as you carry a nice selection and your web presense is very professional. Wish you a lot of success in your new business. It's nice to have other dealers to talk with.

John

shark92651
07-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Hey David,

Any chance of stocking LaRue Tactical stuff in the future?

BTW, great website and congrats on the launch!

I am thinking of adding their forearms and one-piece scope mounts - what other products do you like from LaRue?

shark92651
07-04-2007, 12:11 PM
David,

I just saw your post and your website. It looks fantastic as you carry a nice selection and your web presense is very professional. Wish you a lot of success in your new business. It's nice to have other dealers to talk with.

John

I appreciate it - it's a lot more work than I originally anticipated, but I enjoy it - and I always have new gear to handle :D

Electric Factory
07-04-2007, 1:27 PM
I'm interested in placing an order[ Yankee Hill scope riser mount] would you be able to ship it tomorrow w/ payment r'cvd today ?

christopher6968
07-06-2007, 8:46 PM
thanks for the fast processing and shipping.

i ordered an a2 stock, bullet button and a prince 50 maglock with 10 round mag combo late last night and i checked my email early today and it showed my order already shipped :eek:

Wild Bill
07-07-2007, 9:35 PM
Looks good, I might have to place an order real soon.:cool:

New Shooter II
07-11-2007, 4:57 PM
I just wanted to tell everyone what a great person David is at RifleGear.Com. I just bought parts to build up my Stag AR. Wonderfull to deal with.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO EVERYONE.

Thanks,
Don

mushrew
07-13-2007, 1:26 PM
Bought 2 mags and a bullet button and everything shipped promptly (i think it was same day?). I had found them through google so i had no idea what to expect but I'm pleased with the transaction.

EKIM
08-17-2007, 6:11 PM
Placed order for lpk kit on the 14, shipped the same day. Then I get the package today, the 17. Pretty fast shipping. Unfortunately, my lpk is missing the disconnecter and the buffer ret. spring; talked to David and problem solved. Thanks for the great service and fast shipping. Will definitely do future business with you.
David gets a thumbs up from me.

wooger
08-17-2007, 7:38 PM
Rifle Gear rocks!

Nickvllfold
08-17-2007, 8:43 PM
Hey david are you going to start stocking the 10/30 mags for the ar's? Also i was thinking about ordering all the stuff some time either next week or the 2nd week of September.

Nickvllfold
08-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Just went and picked up my Stag 2H upper, LPK, 10/30 mag, BB, and 6 pos stock from David at riflegear.com. Everything looks great and David is a really nice informative guy. I highly recommend getting your AR stuff from him. Good luck with the site and looking forward to doing more business with you!:D

The Professional
08-25-2007, 2:38 PM
I had a very smooth transaction with David. Top notch seller here folks.

I will do business with him again with no hesitation. Deal w/ confidence! :)

odesskiy
08-25-2007, 5:09 PM
Just placed an order for LPK, mags, BB, CAR stock, etc. for my first OLL build....wohooo!!! The lower will be released into my posession 09/04/07. Can't contain the excitement :) I wish 223 ammo wasn't so damn expensive these days - I know I'll be burning quite a bit of it.

ko1featherweigh
10-25-2007, 1:04 AM
i just ordered a bunch of stuff from you guys, my first build!!! cant be more excited
edit: sorry didn't realize this was an old post

Knauga
10-25-2007, 5:24 AM
I just received some parts I just ordered from riflegear.com as well. A little trouble with some out of stock parts, but David's communication and attitude were excellent!! You don't judge how good a business is when everything goes perfectly, only when stuff goes wrong do you see how good or bad they really are. I would recommend David and his site very highly!

Thanks David!!

shark92651
10-26-2007, 10:19 PM
i just ordered a bunch of stuff from you guys, my first build!!! cant be more excited
edit: sorry didn't realize this was an old post

Hey that's ok, this thread needed another bump anyway :D

I just received some parts I just ordered from riflegear.com as well. A little trouble with some out of stock parts, but David's communication and attitude were excellent!! You don't judge how good a business is when everything goes perfectly, only when stuff goes wrong do you see how good or bad they really are. I would recommend David and his site very highly!

Thanks for your patience. I'm STILL waiting for Stag to ship those darn LPK's to me!

orca
12-20-2007, 2:33 PM
Just had a willcall transaction with riflegear.com. Went smoothly and the products were top notch quality.

TY David!

Nuuze
12-20-2007, 3:43 PM
Top notch service! Would buy from again! :)

Happy Holidays!

high_revs
12-25-2007, 3:09 PM
just ordered some stuff from riflegear last night also.

by the way, how come no "category" for gun cases? i didn't even know you carried them unless i looked down into manufacturer links or did a search. :)

just fyi.

shark92651
12-26-2007, 3:55 PM
just ordered some stuff from riflegear last night also.

by the way, how come no "category" for gun cases? i didn't even know you carried them unless i looked down into manufacturer links or did a search. :)

just fyi.

The cases were all drop-shipped (too bulky and no room to store them) and there was so little interest and high shipping cost that I decided to drop them from the site. Looks like I still have some work to do to completely hide them :D

reznunt
12-26-2007, 4:20 PM
Just got my riflegear order today. Fast shipping, even around the holidays! I highly recommend riflegear.com!

RingTone
01-08-2008, 2:56 PM
Placed my order late Saturday, it was processed on Sunday and I got it Tuesday.

Good prices, Excellent service. Will definitely look here first for my AR needs.